RegisterDonateLogin

Who's scruffy-looking?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Krennic / Kallus / Death discussion Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2017 3:28:30 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

jen'ari wrote:
Synergy should stack. Makes no sense that they don't tbh.

Rapport shouldn't stack. Makes no sense that it does. But that's what the glossary says. That's the only reason that Synergy is confusing.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2017 3:53:32 PM
Groups: Member

FlyingArrow wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

Rapport shouldn't stack. Makes no sense that it does. But that's what the glossary says. That's the only reason that Synergy is confusing.

I think Rapport should stack if it is from two different people. The influence of the individuals is what is being discussed.

So, if Sidious grants Vader Rapport an Tarkin grants Vader Rapport. That is two separate people that have an influence on Vader. It should be portrayed as an individual relationship Special Ability since it involves very specific sets of people most of the time.

Synergy is the same way. Liek I said Baze gets +2 attack and +2 defense for being around Chirrut. Their synergy is real. Jyn also has synergy with Baze.
Her synergy with Baze does not take away from Chirrut's. It is like having two good friends. One infleunces you in one way and the other in a different but the outcome is the same, you are inspired to be better.

Taking away stacking Synergy is to take away from their relationship. I don't see how it is not confusing when you see the relationship on screen. Jyn's Synergy is actually one of my favorite things in Rogue One because she is inspiring in a weird kind of way. very thematic imo.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2017 4:38:58 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

FlyingArrow wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

From a current game perspective, Rapport shouldn't stack as it has become a design minefield, but to be fair that problem falls on design to avoid. There have been some misses.

It really wasn't much of a problem in the WotC era (Gha/mice excepted). In any case, Rapport stacking was intentional. I obviously agree about the confusion angle, re: same named but differently worded SAs. There are many, many examples. But still, the glossary and FAQ are fairly clear about what does and doesn't stack, and it is usually spelled out on the card.

Does it make sense (thematically) that Synergy should stack? I think so, but it would be potentially very bad for the game, just as stacking Rapport has proven to be on occasion. Both are symptoms of the sheer volume of possible interactions that have to be ferreted out now that we have SO many pieces and abilities (nearly impossible without a database carefully designed for that purpose).

It's a complicated game.
shmi15
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2017 5:30:48 PM
Groups: Member

swinefeld wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

From a current game perspective, Rapport shouldn't stack as it has become a design minefield, but to be fair that problem falls on design to avoid. There have been some misses.

It really wasn't much of a problem in the WotC era (Gha/mice excepted). In any case, Rapport stacking was intentional. I obviously agree about the confusion angle, re: same named but differently worded SAs. There are many, many examples. But still, the glossary and FAQ are fairly clear about what does and doesn't stack, and it is usually spelled out on the card.

Does it make sense (thematically) that Synergy should stack? I think so, but it would be potentially very bad for the game, just as stacking Rapport has proven to be on occasion. Both are symptoms of the sheer volume of possible interactions that have to be ferreted out now that we have SO many pieces and abilities (nearly impossible without a database carefully designed for that purpose).

It's a complicated game.

I agree that they should not stack. I'm glad they do not stack. Glad this is cleared up now