RegisterDonateLogin

Always keep refrigerated. In carbonite.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Fall 2017 Vassal Regional Pairings and Reporting Options
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 1:51:33 PM
Groups: Member

Please copy your play reports from here and post them on the Vassal facebook page to help us generate more activity!! :)

Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SWMVassal/
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 11:22:06 AM

Max (pntkd2) beat TimmerB123 205-110. 3pts for pntkd2, 1pt for TimmerB123

I'll let Max do the full write up, but my silly squad just didn't have enough boom to eat through all that meat. He was left with a 30hp Quinlan and an 80 hp Cin.

I did my goal of pushing his characters together to damage 3 characters with 1 Kel Dor a couple of times, but I had to really extend the speeders far to do it since he had such incredible reach with Yodabuck. They both had been killed by round 3. Speaking of Yodabuck - he was clearly the key to victory. 160 hp was so much to chew through. When he raced into my half of the map I had no choice but to deal with him right then and there. A couple 1s and 2s rolled on him by my Kel Dors (only needing a 4 to hit) meant I had to use 3 Kel Dors to kill him instead of just 2. That hurt pretty bad, otherwise it would have been REALLY close.

Max played the endgame well, spreading the last few bombs to keep Cin and Quinlan alive. He finished off Lobot to go over 200.

He was one of the matches I thought would be close, and I guess it was. Don't look forward to facing my auto-losses!

This is gonna be a long painful tournament for me.LOL
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 12:21:29 PM

Lololol. I forgot to put Shae Viszla on the board. That is a massive difference. I would have surely won.

Oh my goodness - I am an idiot.

His win stands, It's my fault.

I played with a 168pt squad.

Oh man, where is my head?

I am clearly way too distracted with real life. Oh well.

Max was super cool and a very good player (even more impressive that he hasn't played for like 5 years)

I had fun none-the-less.

Go kick some butt Max!
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 12:30:43 PM

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Oh man, I have sat here laughing my rear off for like 10 minutes now.

In a strange way - I'm glad that happened. I needed a good laugh.

Just a reminder for everyone to have fun!
TheHutts
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 12:44:49 PM

Reminds me of the time in a NZ regional when Daman bet another player who played a 257 point Sith squad in a 200 point game (added Maul Infiltrator by mistake).
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 1:01:25 PM

Oh man, I just keep laughing.

I kept saying to myself during the game - I know I'm playing a silly squad but this is a really bad squad. What was I thinking?

It's not quite as bad as I was thinking. (Still not good though)
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 2:20:44 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Lololol. I forgot to put Shae Viszla on the board. That is a massive difference. I would have surely won.

Oh my goodness - I am an idiot.

His win stands, It's my fault.

I played with a 168pt squad.

Oh man, where is my head?

I am clearly way too distracted with real life. Oh well.

Max was super cool and a very good player (even more impressive that he hasn't played for like 5 years)

I had fun none-the-less.

Go kick some butt Max!

OH NOO!!! LOL That is the absolute worse!! haha
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 3:35:30 PM

I think Darth_Frenchy needs to just forget all of his key pieces in a squad, give the rest of us schmucks a chance haha.
pntkd2
Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 7:10:07 AM

That is too bad, it would have been immensely closer! Probably against me, but still a much tighter game.

Well played even with such a shot in the foot. Looking forward to playing you again, Tim! Go blow some dudes up
Naarkon
Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 9:29:03 AM

I know I never said this, but if the winners of each match could bloomail me the essential details of their match (players, scores, map, and round number) that would be really great.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 9:49:37 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Urbanshmi over Naarkon, 203-122 on Commander's Office.

I lost map roll and set up on the inside. The first round we just positioned--at the end of the first round I swapped Khalee up (with the CE from the Yammosk) and ran him into gambit. Won init the next round and confronted Warb with Khalee. I forgot about the DR and only managed to put 20 on him even with YYD. I thought I was dead, but he missed both attack rolls, sparing Khalee for another day. Then he swapped Warb out, leaving me with an Amanin to kill, which I did. The next few rounds were just trying to get my guys up and kill what he gave me, including both Infiltrators. Stephen still wasn't having any luck with his dice (he missed like his first 10 attack rolls), until he brought Warb Null in and put 90 on Tsavong with a crit. I luckily won init before he had a chance to swap Warb Null out and used YYD, planning to do enough damage to kill him (I think he was down to 50 at this point). Unfortunately, I forgot about the Demolish from Nen Yim, so I thought the first only did 40 after DR and I missed the second. We didn't realize the mistake until a few rounds later, after several other characters (including both Khalee and Tsavong) had already been killed, so we agreed to just remove him from the board at that point, leaving Shedao on the board with 30 HP. I started bringing my tech up to help with the offensive output, and managed to take out Bandon (after losing Nen Yim). Wyyrlok tried to go after my tech and I put 40 damage on him with AOOs, then killed him with the Consul. Gambit at the end of the round took me to 203 points.

This match was a lot of fun, and Naarkon had some REALLY good moves and really bad luck with the dice. It's unfortunate that I made the error I made, but Naarkon was a great sport about it and very understanding. Good luck in the next round!
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 11:17:54 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:
Urbanshmi over Naarkon, 203-122 on Commander's Office.

I lost map roll and set up on the inside. The first round we just positioned--at the end of the first round I swapped Khalee up (with the CE from the Yammosk) and ran him into gambit. Won init the next round and confronted Warb with Khalee. I forgot about the DR and only managed to put 20 on him even with YYD. I thought I was dead, but he missed both attack rolls, sparing Khalee for another day. Then he swapped Warb out, leaving me with an Amanin to kill, which I did. The next few rounds were just trying to get my guys up and kill what he gave me, including both Infiltrators. Stephen still wasn't having any luck with his dice (he missed like his first 10 attack rolls), until he brought Warb Null in and put 90 on Tsavong with a crit. I luckily won init before he had a chance to swap Warb Null out and used YYD, planning to do enough damage to kill him (I think he was down to 50 at this point). Unfortunately, I forgot about the Demolish from Nen Yim, so I thought the first only did 40 after DR and I missed the second. We didn't realize the mistake until a few rounds later, after several other characters (including both Khalee and Tsavong) had already been killed, so we agreed to just remove him from the board at that point, leaving Shedao on the board with 30 HP. I started bringing my tech up to help with the offensive output, and managed to take out Bandon (after losing Nen Yim). Wyyrlok tried to go after my tech and I put 40 damage on him with AOOs, then killed him with the Consul. Gambit at the end of the round took me to 203 points.

This match was a lot of fun, and Naarkon had some REALLY good moves and really bad luck with the dice. It's unfortunate that I made the error I made, but Naarkon was a great sport about it and very understanding. Good luck in the next round!

Unique Vong are a total success! I watched the first two and half rounds. Poor Warb Null did miss a bit.
Just a note.
YY Devotion has to be used at the end of a round. So you take the 10 damage at the end of a round to get to use the auto hit the next round at +10 damage. At least that is how I understand it.

Warb Null was a little powerhouse in that build and kudos for playing Sith Sidious
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 11:27:58 AM

spryguy1981 wrote:
I think Darth_Frenchy needs to just forget all of his key pieces in a squad, give the rest of us schmucks a chance haha.

Considering I am playing a squad I have never played with a significant play style difference I really do not like my odds in most matchups, lol
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 11:29:34 AM

Naarkon wrote:
I know I never said this, but if the winners of each match could bloomail me the essential details of their match (players, scores, map, and round number) that would be really great.

If we could also make it a goal of ours to post all play reports on the vassal facebook group that would be greatly helpful for the community. #growthegame #savethedream ThumpUp
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 11:31:05 AM

jen'ari wrote:

Just a note.
YY Devotion has to be used at the end of a round. So you take the 10 damage at the end of a round to get to use the auto hit the next round at +10 damage. At least that is how I understand it.

No, that is not correct.

Yun-Yammka Devotion (Once per turn, on this character's turn, he may take 10 damage at the end of the turn to have his next attack roll count as an automatic hit at +10 Damage; the target and this character automatically fail saves for the rest of the turn)

It is ONLY usable on Tsavong Lah's turn, so has to be used on his turn, and takes effect right then.
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 11:46:46 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

Just a note.

No, that is not correct.

Yun-Yammka Devotion (Once per turn, on this character's turn, he may take 10 damage at the end of the turn to have his next attack roll count as an automatic hit at +10 Damage; the target and this character automatically fail saves for the rest of the turn)

It is ONLY usable on Tsavong Lah's turn, so has to be used on his turn, and takes effect right then.

it is used on his turn to take the 10 damage. but you dont get the bonus until the next attack (question mark)

I am batting like .115 so I hope I got this one right. haha

I guess the question is do you have to take the damage before you can get the effect.

EDIT:: just read the glossary. sorry urbanshmi I am always wrong about rules.
it says declare it right before you attack. geez. I will never know the rules. haha. I always thought it was that way. hmmm... I blame spryguy. he told me
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 4:07:09 PM

Thereisnotry over Jen’ari, 230-108 on Cloud City.

Jen’ari chose the left side (inside). I was able to set up a sweet triple attack during the first round with Jango, targeting Jen’ari’s R7 and an ug…but I rolled a 1 then 2 then 3…all shots were vs the R7, so I completely choked. Thanks, Jango! The rest of the round was positioning, with him wisely moving his non-shooters behind some walls so that my shooters couldn’t pick them apart.

In the 2nd round I was able to kill a bunch of fodder, but none of the important pieces. Malgus was able to crush Vindicated’s self-esteem and also make Kelborn become uncivilized. Then at the end of the round he ran Barriss up to lay out her picnic blanket of death, and a bunch of my guys fell for it. However, she had to give up an aoo vs Vindicated to do that…not always a safe choice. Yes, he rolled a 20 (“Really, Jango? You missed ALL THREE? Well, I guess one of the Mandalores has to carry the team today!”) so that left Barriss with 30hp. Then came the SBM (with Dark Aura active, of course): my Tactician failed both his saves, Kelborn failed 2/3 saves, Vindicated only had 2 saves to make and survived one. Jen’ari said that if I won initiative he would lose....

3rd round: I won init (even with my Tactician dead) and he was able to put more damage on Vindicated with a Moonwalk, but then Vindicated finished Barriss with his first attack (even at -4 att from Visions of Doubt, which was still active). Then his other attacks vs Caedus: hit…crit! (“See, Jango…MANDALORE…I can blow sh!t up even when my self-esteem’s in the toilet…but you’re still playing with your nerf gun!”) [These guys really don’t get along very well. This squad’s only big enough for one of them, I guess.] Caedus put 50 more damage on Vindicated (down to 30), and then Jango…missed all 3 attacks vs Caedus, even at +17. [I’d record more of their intra-Mandalore trash talk here but it’s not worth repeating...NSFW, and all that.] Then Mira said, ”Hey guys, relax. You forgot that I have some detonators!” as she ran up and tossed 1 grenade to kill Caedus (and Exar! Yay!) who was beside low objects. Malgus ran around Vindicated (into Gambit) and then finished him with a temper tantrum attack, before Jen’ari conceded.

Super fun game! Really close, and it definitely would’ve been different without those crits. Caedus/Barriss/Exar is definitely not to be trifled with! I’ve never had an easy game vs that combo yet.

Great game Jen’ari! Fun times had by all. Except Jango…dude can’t hit the broad side of a sand dune with that nerf gun of his….
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 4:40:29 PM

Fun Fun Fun!

i got out played.
but if i won that initiative I had a small chance. One of the more tactical games I have ever had to play. The set up for round 3 and the round 3 craziness was amazing and I had butterflies in my stomach like I used to when playing soccer against a better opponent, so that experience was amazing to have again, haha.

I really like Malgus, Caedus, Barris, Holocron, and Exar. I think I will play it and play it until I am really good with it.

it was awesome! and the Sith Holocron is a piece of art, it is tricky to play so it makes it well worth it, but man it can potentially do alot.
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 9:38:28 PM

Whew!!!. What a game.

I won 202-126 against Darth O and his Kybuck throws his toys in a fit of rage because his vassal dice can't roll higher than a 1 on a galloping attack.

He won map so I set up on inside of ravaged base.

Rd 1.
I moved up father to middle door, blew it open. Then moved inquisitor and Obi up flanking but not adjacent. Darth O ran some guys around then Ran yoda in and around my guys, missed the father, hit Obi who failed his LS Defense and his Beskar, hit yoda on the AoO and hit the inquisitor who riposted him back. 60 off yoda. Then he swapped in Dr E and started eating the inquisitor (inquisitor made 1 of 2 Dark Armor saves with reroll). down to 60 so no spinning blades on him anymore. Gambit 10-10

Rd 2.
I win the first of the big inits and the inquisitor inquires about Dr. E's family and the good doctor runs away to go do homicidal surgery somewhere else (after failing his avoid defeat). He tows up the flame trooper who was using a bum flamethrower and only got 20 through the inquisitors Dark Armor. Obi then takes out said Flame Trooper. And the father levitates Momaw adjacent to Obi so that Obi can keep a watchful eye on Momaws screaming. Momaw screams, but since Obi is watching it isn't very loud so only the father takes damage (200) as Obi and the inquisitor make all their saves with 1 reroll for the inquisitor. Yoda master speeds up and prepares to run in and around my guys again. He hits all three this time. Father (180), Obi fails his beskar (80) but Crits the AoO, and the inquisitor ripostes for 40 more. Yoda (20) gets tossed aside like Panaka after panaka shoots the father (160) so that Blizz can come flame out the inquisitor. Although Blizz was adjacent so had to take 30 himself. Some other guys run in circles and we end the round both in gambit. 47-76

Rd 3.
Darth O wins init and flames up obi (makes both saves with a reroll so 60) who is now next Momaw (10), then runs into the turbo lift far enough so that the door shuts behind him. I I use levitate to put R2 next to Momaw and Obi, and Obi Doubles to take them both out (r2 had been injured when Momaw was screaming earlier). He Runs Yoda by the father but just waves to the father (rolled a 5) to get to Obi (more than 16 squares) and obi fails LS Defense but makes beskar (50) and then Panaka shoots up the father (140) trying to show yoda how to do it and gets Yoda out of there. Some more guys do more running around and we both get gambit. 81-86

Rd 4.
I win init and let him go first. He crits with his Rodian and Obi fails LS Defense with the father's last FP but makes his Beskar so now at 40. I use the Father to go politely ask Blizz to open the turbo lift door and he obliges. Then Obi runs in right after using his last 4 force to push Blizz down the turbolift shaft. We repeat last round where Yoda runs a ton, hits both, Obi Fails LS DEfense but makes Beskar (40) and then Panaka shoots up the father some more (100) and then like last round some other guys run around. 111-96

Rd 5.
I win init but let him go first. The rodian misses, then I move over, kill a different rodian, and put Obi in front to take Panakas shot (since he has Soresu) but kept them close together. Darth O makes his critical error at this point and Shoots with Panaka before moving yoda and obi soresus it out of the way. Then he forgets to swap although it probably doesn't matter. Then He smashes in with Yoda (12 or so away) trying to finish off Obi anyway, and without his knowing, Yoda dropped his lightsaber on the way and rolled a 1 and 3 against Obi missing both. He finally has his othher guys up close enough to start attacking obi but no one hits. 124-106

Rd 6.
I win init 3-2 and use Push to make sure I finish Yoda, then move Obi back behind the father. His guys all miss including Panaka and after some more running around the round ends. 185-116

Rd 7.
He wins init and misses obi. I cut down the Gran and the uggie next to Obi and then the father runs over, Shatters the door to the turbolift, and gently sets Obi in the turbolift making extra sure that he isn't on the edge and can't possibly slip and fall down the lift like Blizz did, then just shrugs off all of Darth O's remaining attacks. 202-126

Great game, and I certainly wasn't expecting to win this one, but a rusty Darth O, some vassal dice that were kind to me, at nearly every turn, and a huge mistake late, I was able to pull it out.

TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, September 17, 2017 5:29:56 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
I'm getting so crushed in round 1.

You really need to stop saying statements like this. It just makes your opponents feel worse if they lose. ;)