RegisterDonateLogin

Warning: May cause whining, latent Force abilities, and general "Luke"-ness.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 71 We Have the Minis. Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 8:20:10 AM
Groups: Member

Well, whatever, here's my IA character

Diala Passil, Enemy of the Empire

Her card has something called Foresight, which sounds to me like Mettle; She had something called Focused, which when I looked at it a year and a half ago (when I Made this) seemed to translate as something like Parry, but only when she was attacked. Shattering Blow was a hard one. Shatterpoint didn't fit, Overwhelming Blow didn't fit the character's body type, and It seemed more of a Force power than anything. I opted for Whirlwind Attack; Lightsaber Assault sounded a little weak but Whirlwind sounded more forceful .... and frankly I can't find my notes from back then to otherwise explain it anyway ...RollEyes

On target or not ....

cheers,

surf
kobayashimaru
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 8:25:10 AM

@surf
that's the spirit!
I think that's the sorta thing this week's theme is looking for.
thanks for sharing BigGrin
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 8:46:43 AM

Here's my take on a villain character

Captain Terro on Dewback
blemelisk
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:02:57 AM

See what surf did, that is what I was looking for. I'm not wanting translations/Direct conversions from one system to another. I'd NEVER ask that in the ccc. I'm looking for your interpretations of the named chars. Much like surf who am I cccs. The ability or two that the char has in IA I'd hope would have nspire you to create a new ability or ce etc, though many have direct easy peasy equivalent sas in our mini game.ill try to come up with an example when I get home. At work right now.
blemelisk
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 10:22:41 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
Here's my take on a villain character

Captain Terro on Dewback

Again spot on.
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:11:19 PM

spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:12:14 PM

That's pretty spot on to her Surf.
blemelisk
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:22:00 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
That's pretty spot on to her Surf.

I like you vision for Gideon, and since you did him, ill make my example with Gaarkhan. ThumbsUp

Here is my walkthrough/example
OK here is a link to his card: Gaarkhan

He is a wookie, should have lots of HP as per normal in our game, dont want him to have a crap defense of 12 though,
solid attack, VERY good baseline damage

HP 130
Defense 15
Attack: 10
Damage: 30

He is Unique, a Wookie, with Melee Attack, and reach 2 (that is a long vibro axe he has there)
Charging assault sounds like a good add, and covers his not too unique Charge ability from his IA card.

For that Focus ability from damage I came up with the following
Disciplined Wookiee: When this character loses half his hitpoints (rounded up) this character losses Melee Reach 2, -10 damage, but gains Parry and Twin Attack
(the long staff of the vibro axe brakes, but he now has a weapon in both hands both ends of the weapon)

Ill add Mighty swing as that is very Wookiee type ability.

Just to add a we bit more flavor ill add an expanded crit range. Now with this Im guessing a cost value of around...maybe 40?

Now with all that I have:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28329/gaarkhan
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, September 22, 2017 10:05:45 PM

Well I don't actually have any of the minis, no interest in the unpainted stuff especially when I have all of the WOTC beautiful ones, so I have no idea who does what or how that game works so sorry if my interpretation is off haha. I was going to make a Fringe Maul but then read you want new heroes not seen in our game, and then this droid character popped up and appealed to me to design:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28331/mhd-19
blemelisk
Posted: Saturday, September 23, 2017 7:22:50 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Well I don't actually have any of the minis, no interest in the unpainted stuff especially when I have all of the WOTC beautiful ones, so I have no idea who does what or how that game works so sorry if my interpretation is off haha. I was going to make a Fringe Maul but then read you want new heroes not seen in our game, and then this droid character popped up and appealed to me to design:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28331/mhd-19

I like it. ThumbsUp
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, September 23, 2017 2:48:28 PM

Nice job Surf! Only thing is I think Focused doesn't really make a ton of sense as it will almost auto-trigger unless you are only fighting melee. But unsure of what it does in that game either so you could be close haha. I would make it something like, if his character doesn't move on it's turn they gain parry until the start of their next turn.
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, September 23, 2017 7:31:16 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Nice job Surf! Only thing is I think Focused doesn't really make a ton of sense as it will almost auto-trigger unless you are only fighting melee. But unsure of what it does in that game either so you could be close haha. I would make it something like, if his character doesn't move on it's turn they gain parry until the start of their next turn.

During the 2016 Regionals, I played a Klat Grenade squad; interestingly enough the first game I played was Another Klat BS Grenade squad, I lost because he had 5 pts more in gambit. The next game was a Reb squad with 3720 to 1 C-3PO; The girl (another players girlfriend) was counting on gaining cloaked. I never "attacked" them because Grenades Replace attacks. I bombed her to pieces and she couldn't respond since the Klats had Stealth and if they tried to get close to negate the stealth, they were open to being bombed to pieces. I had 18 Klat Thugs ...

My point being, if Diala's Focused only works if she Evade's .... don't attack her with an ability she can evade .....
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 6:59:40 AM

1 Spry Nice and simple, I think you could have slipped in his stun ability just to give him a bit more flavor, but a solid commander nonetheless.
2 Jak Madalorian Whip paired with Cleave is actually pretty cool, not sure how I feel about Camaraderie and Speed 8 on her, but overall I like it.
3 Surf With Evade's own built-in Weakness (Adjacent non-melee) it makes Focused quite easily avoided, I think perhaps a force version of Close Quarters fighting (rather than giving her the ability), might have made for an interesting interpretation instead.

Blem: With Mighty Swing and Charging Assault both adding 10 damage it feels like one of those should be lost to Disciplined Wookiee over MR2.

GG: His attack feels a bit too high considering his role, but then that may also be because I think "Improper Procedure" would have made him a candidate for Homicidal Surgery which would have been a cool way to get him to deal damage.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 7:47:34 AM

3rd Jak, I like the Darksaber boost for Sabine and think she is an interesting build
2nd Spry, simple commander that fits really well in the faction
1st LB, finally a use for the dewback! And flamethrower lizard-rider is a pretty epic one.

And shoot LB I had no idea what improper procedure did and so I totally missed homicidal surgery haha
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 9:33:07 AM

1. Blem
2. LB
3. Surf
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 1:32:07 PM

Frankly I think everyone that participated hit the nail on the head here. ThumpUp

1: Lord_Ball
2: Spryguy
3: GG

I hate that there was such low interest in this. I chalk that up to my poor description. I never wanted anything translated. I wanted to take it a step further of Surf's "Who am I" CCCs, but we have a mini, and some more information to get us started.

Im sorry my CCC wasnt a very good one.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 3:07:18 PM

It's all good Blem! You came up with a new idea and sorry if I seemed negative I just had more difficulty in trying to link up SWM with another game I don't know the rules for haha
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:48:48 AM

Still need votes from Jak and Surf.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:53:29 AM

Truth or else you and LB have a tie
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 12:28:39 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Truth or else you and LB have a tie

Well, I couldn't make up my mind, frankly, so I was going to sit this one out ..... but a Dewback spitting fire seemed more fun than Gideon ... although my Gideon card was my own second choice .....