RegisterDonateLogin

I have you now!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Week 73 CCC: Pilots/Squadrons Options
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 8:09:58 PM
Groups: Member

Make a Pilot that supports or forms a squadron subfaction! Unique, Non-Unique, existing character or new, it doesn't matter, just so long as the character is a pilot both in canon and in game and names/supports a squadron subfaction! As an example, Rogue Squadron, Black Squadron, Saber Squadron, Kyp's Dozen, Tierfon Yellow Aces, etc.

1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, October 7th, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.
ii
Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, October 9th,2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 9:15:15 AM

.... never did like crickets ....
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 10:16:54 AM

... and frankly, I don't even Like pilots, never mind them as a sub-faction. They've become just another name for commando's in the game ....
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 10:40:37 AM

Cool idea I almost want to just repost my Nym haha. But I will toss around a Separatist, Vong and Starfighter-Video Games idea and see which one I like best
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 10:59:35 AM

... but since you insist ....

Captain Gunner Yuge

Could have taken her in all kinds of different directions, but I ignored she hates Calixte, is Cade's half-sister, etc and just went with her as a Pilot .... and I Still hate pilots ... and Unique ones at that.

PS ... if you look closely at her left sleeve, she has a Skull patch, just like her squadron RollEyes
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 7:27:12 PM

Awesome stuff Surf, I feel like I would have chosen either Pinpoint or grenades for simplicity but great stuff!

Here is mine to go with the original Nym and my most recent custom Nym:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28350/sol-sixxa
jak
Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 1:08:11 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28348/v1-pilot-droid

my entry, hope I understood the premise.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 3:57:25 AM

surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 6:02:33 AM

jak wrote:

For some reason, it doesn't come up jak.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 6:52:41 AM

jak
Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 11:20:13 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
jak wrote:

For some reason, it doesn't come up jak.

OOPs, had it on private
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 2:18:11 PM

saber1
Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 2:37:10 PM

A fresh take on an old custom...

Emtrey
saber1
Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 7:51:46 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

Captain Gunner Yuge

Could have taken her in all kinds of different directions, but I ignored she hates Calixte, is Cade's half-sister, etc and just went with her as a Pilot .... and I Still hate pilots ... and Unique ones at that.

PS ... if you look closely at her left sleeve, she has a Skull patch, just like her squadron RollEyes

There is a lot of good stuff here. Speed 8 is always welcome and I dig Pinpoint Attacks. Thats a cool movement breaker, and thematic. Handing it out in the CE is a nice touch. Internal Strife usually scares me away from using a piece as I just don't like the risk.
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 8:38:33 PM

blemelisk
Posted: Friday, October 6, 2017 7:11:35 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28357/zander-freemaker

I feel I made him a rather flexible character, not really a damaging powerhouse (which he shouldnt be) but has some cool tricks up his sleeve that (considering his source) fits in nicely. Combining him with other commanders (specially those Pilot commanders) should make him rather useful. I could have made Valeria, but I wanted to make a main character, I could easily see someone making her and have huge boost to Zander's abilities. ThumpUp
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, October 7, 2017 9:31:11 AM

saber1 wrote:

There is a lot of good stuff here. Speed 8 is always welcome and I dig Pinpoint Attacks. Thats a cool movement breaker, and thematic. Handing it out in the CE is a nice touch. Internal Strife usually scares me away from using a piece as I just don't like the risk.

Never liked Internal myself either, but thematically it fits her perfectly so what can I say, she is who she is.
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, October 7, 2017 2:59:11 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

Captain Gunner Yuge

this guy with GARY is pretty powerful stuff.

Cunning attack and Pinpoint attacks is powerful. the imperials will bring in a few with twin attack. might be very powerful. Jaq will have cunning with pin point attacks and assassin as well.

might make for a viable shooter squad in Sith, might be cool. Will have to look at it more to see if it s too much. grenades with -4 bubble might be powerful as well, but nothing we haven't seen before
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, October 7, 2017 3:12:11 PM

I purposely didn't make her Imp, but even if she winds up as a Sith shooter, is that a Bad thing? Sith could use something that's Not a Force user.
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, October 7, 2017 3:18:12 PM

jen'ari wrote:

this guy with GARY is pretty powerful stuff.

Cunning attack and Pinpoint attacks is powerful. the imperials will bring in a few with twin attack. might be very powerful. Jaq will have cunning with pin point attacks and assassin as well.

might make for a viable shooter squad in Sith, might be cool. Will have to look at it more to see if it s too much. grenades with -4 bubble might be powerful as well, but nothing we haven't seen before

How can Jaq benefit? She only gives out Skull Squadron (and therefore the CE) to non-uniques?