Your uncle wouldn't allow it.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

if you need to get something off your chest Options
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 7:46:37 AM
Groups: Member

kezzamachineII wrote:
Why is this here?

If I had to guess I'd say it's because some people have these funny growths and are trying to get medical advice from a Game forum instead of a doctor... I could be wrong though Flapper
juice man
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 7:53:51 AM

Turn signals!!!

Why aren't people properly using them? Turn them on well before you start your turn/lane change and then turn them off.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 8:38:05 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Jen'ari I'm trying to live at peace with everyone, and there are people that get in my nerves as well and are antagonistic, unfortunately in my opinion you fall into the latter category as the main person doing it. I have been one bombed, insulted and plenty as well but I don't go on public rampages about it. Some people will always be that way because it's who they are but you can be the better man and rise above it. You need to learn to let things be and try to fix things peacefully and respectfully, I know you are capable of that because of seeing you in the CCC thread.

Spry is an amazing person going through a tough time and the attacks need to stop. You have made good points in the past on other topics but you have also posted a ton of inflammatory stuff as well. For the sake of the game and the community I ask you to reel it in or go post on a different website like FFG where all they post is inflammatory stuff. This was a nice quiet part of the Internet and it's time it goes back to that.

Thank you for your post GG.

I am trying to be less involved overall. I made that statement already before. It is hard when you see a lot of things and really "injustice" everywhere.

take this for instance.

I would like for you to answer why I am the bad guy in this particular situation.

I am passionate about things, but when I make a statement of opinion I always back it with reasoning. 90% of the time that reasoning is not disproven. A lot of the time it comes out that I was actually right. after lots and lots and lots of discussion. Against, practically, the whole community.

Where are the people saying that 1 bombing is silly?

Where is the person saying Frenchy you are wrong to get involved and 1 bomb him. You are purposefully doing it and you are being childish.

Before the 1 bombs I have never talked to Frenchy or brought up his name for over a month. literally. So, he started this. I am not the bad guy.

Also, things that I am, apparently, known for like Yaddle, Baze, Qui-Gon, and Timmerb I was right and am right. I had to fight everyone because everyone had something smart to say. I did so for the integrity of the characters and to help the community and game in general.

If presenting my opinion is bad, than I suggest the community needs to look at why that is.

These are the initial posts of Yaddle from me the response and me again.

jen'ari

I hate this piece. does she use shien? how can she absorb two different grenades thrown in two different directions? Or absorb the lightsaber strikes? it doesn't make sense that a piece that can only move 12 can suddenly move across the entire board to absorb a lightsaber? she can literally teleport it seems. why does a consular give puff so many lightsaber fighting abilities? this piece is just made top fix a problem. I hate pieces like this. I give it a 3

Mando

well i am glad that most people like this piece. I give her a 10 because of the effect she has on the shooter meta and how she boosts the CS jedi. V-set haters are gonna hate, but it doesn't mean this is a bad piece. any sane and rational person can see how good this piece is imo.

jen'ari

it is a good piece, just not a good representation. representation is being lost in a lot of pieces. blanket vset hater term is weak. any sane and rational person who knows yaddle knows that there is no need for this piece to Grant a lightsaber style. she is a friggin librarian for crying out loud. she is a consular. not a battlemaster. she didn't even like to do battle at all. representation is not being taken into account

after this a few smart remarks from others. by the way I didnt get rude until way later and even than to someone, who, at the time, deserved it.
but at this point what should happen is someone should say "does she really not have shien?" or "was she really a consular that didnt like battle?"

than we can get away from all the rest of the other stuff. I was right. Why should I stop posting?
same with Baze, same with Qui-gon. If people would actually try to ascertain what the truth is than the arguments would not need to happen. if people do not care enough to research, than why the need to defend the piece?

You see what I am saying? people get all in a fit because I said I hated a piece... and than gave my reasons.
fair? of course not. I didn't deserve 20 people defending Yaddle and challenging me. haha especially since not a single one of them took the time to do some research. After many many many comments someone finally did research and says "jen'ari is right"......

EDIT:
I would like for you and everyone else to think about how I am the bad guy in this scenario. Than call out the people who are at the cause of the aggression here.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 8:45:09 AM

shmi15 wrote:
Ok I guess I will be the next one to get something off my chest. I have tried, tried, and tried to make Rogue One squads tier 1. I have tried using only 3 of them in a squad. 4 in a squad. 2 in a squad. I'm not sure how possible it is. Their collective attack value is just way to low to be consistent. I backed them up during reveal. And I have diligently tried to find something. But by the time they get going, your usually to far behind to catch up.

Han in Stormy Armor, and the Lando that gives out GMA, have been the most effective Movement breakers I have found.

Before I completely give up. Does anyone have anything that is tier 1 using them? I would like to use 3 or more of them... because 2 or less is not really thematic enough for me.

IMO the best way is:
Jyn, Cassian, Baze, Chirrut, Momaw, Leia, RC is the base.

Baze starts with +4 attack and +20 damage. Dont ever use destiny of the force because you want chirrut to die as soon as possible. I even missiles 30 at him for him to die and reroll made saves.
shmi15
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 9:07:38 AM

jen'ari wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
Ok I guess I will be the next one to get something off my chest. I have tried, tried, and tried to make Rogue One squads tier 1. I have tried using only 3 of them in a squad. 4 in a squad. 2 in a squad. I'm not sure how possible it is. Their collective attack value is just way to low to be consistent. I backed them up during reveal. And I have diligently tried to find something. But by the time they get going, your usually to far behind to catch up.

Han in Stormy Armor, and the Lando that gives out GMA, have been the most effective Movement breakers I have found.

Before I completely give up. Does anyone have anything that is tier 1 using them? I would like to use 3 or more of them... because 2 or less is not really thematic enough for me.

IMO the best way is:

Baze starts with +4 attack and +20 damage. Dont ever use destiny of the force because you want chirrut to die as soon as possible. I even missiles 30 at him for him to die and reroll made saves.

But he can't reroll!!! And are you sure its the best?

I have been thinking, and honestly, leading with Chirrut is a good idea. But I think Sabine in the squad is good also. Traps helps their defense, and helps Baze with his missiles, and grenades 40 is never bad.

But they can kill Sabine or Chirrut first. Either way sets off Reprisal for everyoneelse
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 9:17:37 AM

shmi15 wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

IMO the best way is:

But he can't reroll!!! And are you sure its the best?

I have been thinking, and honestly, leading with Chirrut is a good idea. But I think Sabine in the squad is good also. Traps helps their defense, and helps Baze with his missiles, and grenades 40 is never bad.

But they can kill Sabine or Chirrut first. Either way sets off Reprisal for everyoneelse

you know I have played full games using his FP wrong...
hahaha that sucks here is my squad that I made.
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/179040/rogue-one-challenge
and no i am not sure it is the best. just my best after looking at it for a long time
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 9:23:38 AM

juice man wrote:
Turn signals!!!

Why aren't people properly using them? Turn them on well before you start your turn/lane change and then turn them off.

+1 it's madness!
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 11:14:52 AM

Jen'ari there is a difference between saying a piece sucks or doesn't fit and publicly going after people. Even in cases where you may feel you are justified. You aren't. There is never a good reason to attack someone in public. It's just not nice. Message them and have it out or actually talk to the guy one on one. But all stuff like this does is make you look petty and kills your valid arguments because "that's just Jen'ari, he is always all fired up" so reel it in, show your "enemies" respect and love and you will gain support for valid points you bring up.

All this public stuff does is just poison the creative pot. And that's why we can't have nice New Zealanders! (Side not where do the NZ guys post? Maybe I should go there hahaha, let me in brothers I'm Commonwealth, long live the queen and all that haha)
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 12:13:09 PM

shmi15 wrote:

I like this:

--Return of the Rogue Hope--
31 Jyn Erso
27 Luke Skywalker, Rebel Commando
26 Captain Cassian Andor
24 K-2SO
20 Princess Leia
16 General Crix Madine
14 General Rieekan
12 See-Threepio (C-3PO)
9 General Dodonna
9 R2-D2 with Extended Sensor
9 Mouse Droid x3
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(199pts. 14 activations)

Jyn and Andor are just sick together. K-2SO with Evade is a great damage sink, and hits back when he's below 1/2 HP. He can also sneak important pieces past roadblocks if need be.

Then you add the best tech in the game. Lobbin' Luke, Cannon shot Leia, the General trio, and broken Threepio. Round it out with R2 with sensor, a few mice and an uggie.

Luke and Leia are still amazing. They are both movement breakers (Leia is often overlooked as one, but you can go 12 squares and still get a shot. Luke can move allies offensively or defensively.

Side note - I think this is about tier 1.25. In the right meta it could win it, but it was INTENTIONAL to not rocket a new subfaction straight to tier one. That is way too dangerous.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 1:01:47 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Jen'ari there is a difference between saying a piece sucks or doesn't fit and publicly going after people. Even in cases where you may feel you are justified. You aren't. There is never a good reason to attack someone in public. It's just not nice. Message them and have it out or actually talk to the guy one on one. But all stuff like this does is make you look petty and kills your valid arguments because "that's just Jen'ari, he is always all fired up" so reel it in, show your "enemies" respect and love and you will gain support for valid points you bring up.

All this public stuff does is just poison the creative pot. And that's why we can't have nice New Zealanders! (Side not where do the NZ guys post? Maybe I should go there hahaha, let me in brothers I'm Commonwealth, long live the queen and all that haha)

gain support?
You mean like the valid point on Yaddle?
you mean like the valid point on Qui-Gon?
You mean like the valid point on Baze?

You mean like the valid point of designer overreach?

hahahaahahaha i will never have anyone's support in any of my battles. I fight the battle and than way later it comes to pass. That is the nature of the beast. If I am right, you should support it. The only time you have supported my "fired up posts" is when I have talked about Unkarr Plutt. Which is just self-serving.

You guys can't even call out Frenchy for his part in all this and you expect me to believe that if I was only nice I would "gain support"?
what a comedy.

whatever its over. Nothing will change. I will go back to trying to be apathetic. Dont expect my support next time there is designer overreach, or terrible flavor, or a rules change you do not like, or a design you do not like, or just a terrible representation that makes it unplayable.