RegisterDonateLogin

Made you look.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Week 74 CCC: Create A New Unkar Plut! Options
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:43:07 PM
Groups: Member

Yeah I understand it, the main difference between HP and the other base stats, is the others are checked and utilized at a given moment, whereas HP is more persistent. I had a brain fart in that I wasn't thinking of damage as separate from HP, even though I have acknowledged it that way recently. I'm not saying +10 HP is bad, I'm just making sure the intent on how it works is clear.
blemelisk
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:24:36 PM

Lord_Ball wrote:
Yeah I understand it, the main difference between HP and the other base stats, is the others are checked and utilized at a given moment, whereas HP is more persistent. I had a brain fart in that I wasn't thinking of damage as separate from HP, even though I have acknowledged it that way recently. I'm not saying +10 HP is bad, I'm just making sure the intent on how it works is clear.

I completely understand, it is why i changed it so that it cant be negated unless he dies, otherwise it would be REALLY REALLY weird, and hard.
jak
Posted: Friday, October 13, 2017 6:55:57 AM

don't shiv a git 'bout PlutThumbDown

but this guys cool
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28370/black-krrsantan
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, October 13, 2017 4:27:23 PM

jak wrote:
don't shiv a git 'bout PlutThumbDown

but this guys cool
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28370/black-krrsantan

Really jak? If you don't like it, you don't Have to enter this week; god knows I've taken plenty of timeouts when I haven't like a contest ....
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 9:43:58 AM

Well, once again, I picked something that wasn’t popular. Oh well, moving on …

Blemelisk – I saw that, among other things, Junk Boss and Wager seemed the most controversial and Blem goes straight for Junk Boss; good for you if you think that’s needed. Personally I think Con Artist may not be around much longer and Plutt won’t have J-Boss in its present form for long, but that’s IMHO. I can see the upgrades bit & like the CE (could use some rewording) but I’m still not sure about the Reserves bit …

jen'ari – I like Rations & I can see Emplacement. While I hate the V-Set Junk Boss (and appreciate your different take on it) I’m not sure about it’s wording. Like that it limits you in that you Have to be adjacent to an enemy. Not sure how useful but what bugs me I don’t see a connection between the ability definition and the Title of the Ability itself. Sounds like it should be named “Just Follow My Orders Sleemo” as anything else

Lord Ball – Losing Diplomat for Trade Mark makes much more sense, although the name itself seems a little strange (Trade no, mark fine.) So Trade Boss is basically Tactics Broker in that you waste an activation to swap init. Rolls? Hmmm … and the CE gives you a fallback bonus for losing Initiative anyway … sneaky.

GG – Like the CE. As I look at escalation, makes me think. If the opponent adds 4 5pt characters, does that mean Plutt can add 4 10 pt. Thug characters? Sounds, yes, escalated, but can be too advantageous. That sounds like you could 4 Klat BS Thugs …. Decided advantage for you ….
… let’s keep it simple.

3rd – GG

2nd - Jen’ari

1st - LB

Peace,
surf
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 10:12:04 AM

1 Blem While the mechanics of Junk boss don't seem to fit, neither do the mechanics for Con Artist so it gets a pass, the rest actually feels pretty good for a junk boss
2 Surf I like swindler it's a cool idea
3 jen'ari very simplistic, overall don't see him being too useful, but that's not entirely a bad thing.

GG as Surf pointed out the thug per character might be a bit much, perhaps just 1/2 the points of enemy reserves in thugs would be better.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 11:46:59 AM

3rd Surf, still don't like reserves hate but at least it's way toned down here
2nd Jen'ari, simple is good and you took sound critique to reign him into an interesting and thematic emplacement
1st Blem, still not 100% on the CE but you made the most Junk boss type character

LB I still think the initiative swap as a special ability is too potent and primarily goes after reserves (which contrary to what the people that made the Vset Unkar think isn't actually a strong or dominant squad type and is in fact, outside of Pong, one of the weakest so I don't think they need a hard Lobot reinforcements counter) but everything else looked sound on him.

Everyone did good and had a massive improvement over the old Unkar but this week still left a weird smell of portions and alien sweat on the CCC, I think that the Vset Unkar just ruined the actual character for me in the same way that SWM made Gha and interesting one. Interesting how the game has that strong of an effect. Screw Unkar and onto next week!
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 2:43:25 PM

Still waiting on Jen and Blem
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 5:11:49 PM

Getting ready to play and wanted to get votes in, will add more later

1. LordBall
2. Surf
3. general Grievous
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 7:55:46 PM

Ok here we are and we have Blem & LB with 6 and me n jen'ari with 5, waiting on Blem to vote ......
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 8:28:51 PM

Blem you are the swing vote!
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 4:48:39 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Blem you are the swing vote!

At work will vote as soon as I am home I apologise for the delay I need to review the entries
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:32:27 PM

1: Lord Ball
2: GG
3: Jen'ari
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:40:29 PM

Well, LB, you win this one. Congrats, Let's move it on .....
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:48:57 PM

hmm, what to do....

General_Grievous wrote:
LB I still think the initiative swap as a special ability is too potent and primarily goes after reserves (which contrary to what the people that made the Vset Unkar think isn't actually a strong or dominant squad type and is in fact, outside of Pong, one of the weakest so I don't think they need a hard Lobot reinforcements counter) but everything else looked sound on him.

I wouldn't call it a hard reserves counter (not like "wager"), instead I would call it a Hard Initiative roll control counter, as the rerolls in the high reserve squads are usually ridiculous and rather annoying it addresses the real issue of the squad type instead of the function.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 1:26:04 PM

Valid point LB, for me it's just outside of Pong, Reserves are so gimmicky and hard to play that I don't think they need any more counter than they already have but just different opinions haha