RegisterDonateLogin

Tastes best fresh from the Bantha.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 76 Nightsisters Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:47:09 AM
Groups: Member

.... and apoligies to all for stealing so much bandwidth on this thread ..... BlooMilk
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:54:08 AM

As your punishment I shall point out you didn't bold "Rapport" Flapper

Also you can probably just go with character whose name contains Nightsister as the nightsister/nightbrother ability cover that aspect.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:54:42 AM

Nice Surf! Good changes! Missing th C for "Characters" in rapport though haha
jak
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 7:06:55 AM

so many TalzinsLove
so I offer my favorite rancor, and it's rider.
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25760/silri-and-cuddles
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 7:23:56 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
As your punishment I shall point out you didn't bold "Rapport" Flapper

Also you can probably just go with character whose name contains Nightsister as the nightsister/nightbrother ability cover that aspect.

General_Grievous wrote:
Nice Surf! Good changes! Missing th C for "Characters" in rapport though haha

.... yaeh, yeah, yeah .... fixed. Being a one-man operation on the card making is tiring .... and I'm done .... need to teach ... something .....

LB, I can't remember why I wrote it that way, but it was a good reason at the time so I'm leaving it RollEyes

blemelisk
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 2:08:02 PM

Question, does it have to only be nightsisters? Or would another clan of the Dathomiri Witchs be ok? Such as one from the Singing Mountain clan?

If not its ok, I just thought id ask! BigGrin
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 5:27:04 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

surf_rider56 wrote:
.... I think my brain melted after the word "pedantry" ....... Scared

200 college units and my brain is fried from dealing with 14 yr. olds .....

After so many years of college, I feel the same way about my (non-degree related) day job, but I don't work with 14 yr. olds... they just act like it sometimes. OMG

Sorry for the pedantry. You might find some humor in that I consulted the dictionary just to be sure I was using the word in proper context. BigGrin

Nice witch. I'm still scheming. Jak beat me to it with his entry. I might still go there... I have an idea. A card eating idea, so it may not work. Karma. BlooMilk
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 7:40:28 AM

swinefeld wrote:
Nice witch. I'm still scheming. Jak beat me to it with his entry. I might still go there... I have an idea. A card eating idea, so it may not work. Karma. BlooMilk

Silri .... never really considered her a Nightsister as such, more of a Zann girl than anything, still you can take the girl out of the Nightsisters but can you really take the Nightsister out of the girl? I did a Silri once back when I made my Zann Consortium people .... never did Cuddles .... hmmmm

I was recently reminded that "card eating" ideas were/should be ok since this is for fun; my retort would be yeah, but lets not go totally fanboy and get ridiculous either. Moderation in all things I say. Trimming down forces you as a "card maker" to decide what's really important and forces you to focus on what you ultimately want to accomplish.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 8:13:04 AM

Overloaded characters also make it harder to judge the quality of the custom especially when it becomes a master of everything type. Sometimes it's hard to avoid a "packed card" so long as it's no worse than the worst, then it's all gravy.
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 9:16:09 AM

HovaUseless wrote:
I been lurking these CCC forums in some time, so now i finally decide to join in. Well, i made a Talzin some time ago.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28393/mother-talzin

"/>

Edit: its a new faction for Nightsister thats why its yellow. but that just for my own little game :)

Is this your first card? Love the Effort! Much better than my first few attempts! Yes, I can see where you "changed" the card to give yourself more room for written SA's & FP's (nice idea by the way.) Only critique on the card would be the gap between the two sections of your CE; they should be together BigGrin

As far as the stats go, I costed her at closer to 50-52 ....
HovaUseless
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 11:01:28 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:

Is this your first card? Love the Effort! Much better than my first few attempts! Yes, I can see where you "changed" the card to give yourself more room for written SA's & FP's (nice idea by the way.) Only critique on the card would be the gap between the two sections of your CE; they should be together BigGrin

As far as the stats go, I costed her at closer to 50-52 ....

It's not my first card, I made a fair bit, I lost count at least. The change to the card is only, on certain cards with a lot SA's and FP's, just like the v-set's epic cards I guess.
And I know this card is unbalanced, it's not really tested at all, just wanted to showcase my ideas BigGrin
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 12:24:22 PM

Awesome stuff Hova! And nice on making the actual card! Still think you should just make the effects for nightsisters because nightbrother counts as nightsister
blemelisk
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 2:30:30 PM

I asked and havent heard yet so:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28397/augwynne-djo

Not a nightsister, but is very much a Witch of Dathomir. Also happens to be the one that was at the Solo Wedding.

If since this isnt a nightsister and thus isnt ok let me know.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 6:00:28 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28399/mother-talzin

I have been tweaking my Mother Talzin on and off for a while. here is the newest look.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 6:25:41 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Here is where I went... first draft, feedback appreciated

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28400/nightsister-shadow-hunter

I'm sure there are posts in here about calculating cost, I need to search and read up. I'm just guessing.

*underlying url edited to maintain link as I renamed her for CCC record keeping (reminder to self so I don't change this one)
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 8:54:08 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Swine has been both an invaluable source on rules and a headache RollEyes Cool

so .....

Diggin the Instill Fear and granting renewal. With the Sith Holocron she can lightning again as well!
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2017 5:43:41 AM

LB, cool Asajj redo, double rival is still weird to me but you have your reasons haha. The CE is excellent and fittingly reminiscent of the assassination attempt on Dooku

Caedus, Makes the Nightsisters into an anti-Vong faction which Is appropriate. Also fantastic abilities except I'm still a bit uncertain on reflexes/rival for card simplicity's sake.

Hova, welcome to the CCC! Very strong entry right out of the gate and I really appreciated the new faction (I have advocated for more factions a few times in the past and think any new faction ideas are awesome, part of why I like Surf's so much a lot of the time haha)
Good change to just Nightsisters since it still affects Nightbrothers, Shadow Mist is also really cool but could probably use a tweak. Maybe a clarification if both effects just last the round? But i really like your choice of abilities and fittingly making her a force master. Great first entry and I hope to see you coming back for each new CCC.

Surf, this is literally Talzin. Great changes to Bubble and Chain Lightning and she is a monster. Also great flavour text.

Jak, hilarious, bold and out there and definitely needs some ability tweaks but great update for the rancor/Nightsister also extra points for being huge and Zann Consortium!

Blem, definitely qualifies as a witch haha. And great obscure character. The boost to the Solos are great! Only concern is I think she has too many wordy powers. Currently she is almost epic-level power for an obscure character. And Grievous may feel bad about hunting down this nice friendly character version hahaha. But solid stuff.

Jen'ari, home world is super outside the box but not sure if that's the final wording I would go with. I also really like your choice of Force Powers!

Swine, bold choice on the non-unique and spirit Ichor is cool! Only concern is it totally outclasses the nightsister hunter hahaha.

Shoot you guys made it really hard to vote this week. Honestly each and every entry is uniquely styled, appropriate and should be in the game to finally flesh out the Nightsisters. Talzin is clearly needed and if you combine everyone's ideas for her you could have a decent BHC or epic piece too. (I kind of want to design a mash up version, or see a Surf card version of them all haha.)

In the end I had to go with:

3rd, Swine, simple and deadly!
2nd Hova, right off the bat you made an excellent addition to the game and bold choice on the new faction!
1st Surf, Chain Lightning/Bubble are exactly the scene in massacre episode
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2017 7:06:29 AM

1 swine Only thing I'm disappointed in is she can't be used with Ventress.
2 Hova Much nicer after cleaning it up a bit
3 jen'ari I like the CE which gave you the nod over some of the other great entries
HovaUseless
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2017 9:01:03 AM

1 - Surf
2 - Swine
3 - Jen'ari
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2017 10:46:05 AM

Just got back from a long weekend; here's a quick rundown as I see it this sec .....

GG - Daka. Zombie Reserves; interesting idea, but the CE, shouldn't they come back, after being
defeated, As Zombies??

LB - Asajj Ventress, Nightsister Champion. Asajj before her fall. A hard hitting beatstick, but while
she can dish it out, it doesn't seem like she can take the beating much in turn. You under-utilized her
saber and Force skills, and while you can't give everyone everything they're capable of, I think you
shortchanged her. Blink

Caedus - Nightsister Mother Talzin. After mine, the Second Talzin; I costed it at 43, but within spitting distance so no biggie. Like Vongsense, still not sure about Rival's rationale. Definitely a different take.

Hova - Mother Talzin. Third Talzin; Costed it at 54 so nice job on that. Love Hex; Mist, not sure about the second part and the combined fire worries. Still think it packs too much to fit on a card.

jak - Silri and Cuddles. For fun's sake, sure its loaded with fun ... but it still won't fit on a card RollEyes

Blem - Augwynne Djo. This makes jak's card look short. Very powerful but for me its just tooo much.

Jen'ari - Mother Talzin. Fourth Talzin. Like Home World, Mist seems expensive. I hate CE's that give out
a power that character doesn't have themselves, doesn't seem right. Like Majick Lightening's second part;
interesting idea.

Swine - Nightsister Shadow Hunter. I costed her at 36. GG is right, this is better than the EA one.
Thought about melee but agree with your rationale; a Dart addition seems superfluous when she already has
Poisoned Blade. Tough cookie, but if she's based, she dead.

Gimme a bit to digest this, actually have to work, or so the school district says.