RegisterDonateLogin

May not look like much, but she's got it where it counts.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 78 - Snipe Hunting! Options
saber1
Posted: Thursday, November 9, 2017 8:29:25 PM
Groups: Member

swinefeld wrote:

As far as Kill Shot, I think I'm on the same page with Saber (if not, he'll correct me). It's basically Overwhelming as worded. More interesting if it kicks in when it would kill the enemy:

Kill Shot (If this character's attack would defeat the target, it's attack cannot be prevented or redirected)

Bingo! Tango down.
saber1
Posted: Thursday, November 9, 2017 8:34:25 PM

Apparently I hadn't entered yet and now blemelisk has beat me to the punch on the name. I'm playing the "It's my week and I'll enter what I want" card. Now there are two SpecForce marksmen to contend with. Imps beware!

SpecForce Sniper

...aaaaaaand after all that, I kinda like where this piece went SpecForce Spotter
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2017 12:36:30 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Putting another one up to see where it goes. (spin-off of the previous entry)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28444/antarian-ranger-recon-officer
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2017 7:37:13 AM

Who am I to argue with the rules guru of SWM"s? Wording on Kill Shot and Double Tap adjusted. Also, his name contained "Instructor" and yet he didn't have a CE so again slight adjustment to accommodate the changes (added a CE, reduced HP by 10 and Defense by 1.)

Kyuzo Sharpshooter Instructor

Note; I wanted the CE wording to allow OR soldiers/troopers to get Sniper/Sniper's Blind but I also wanted to Exclude the Elite Gunner; he's nasty enough on his own; giving him those two SA's would've been too much.

Final version. I'm going on a Grandkid field trip this weekend. Veteran's/Remembrance Day.

Cheers,

surf

swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2017 2:35:07 PM

swinefeld wrote:
Putting another one up to see where it goes. (spin-off of the previous entry)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28444/antarian-ranger-recon-officer

I'm going with this one. Any suggestions on cost, or otherwise, are appreciated!
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2017 5:27:29 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Who am I to argue with the rules guru of SWM"s? Wording on Kill Shot and Double Tap adjusted. Also, his name contained "Instructor" and yet he didn't have a CE so again slight adjustment to accommodate the changes (added a CE, reduced HP by 10 and Defense by 1.)

Kyuzo Sharpshooter Instructor

swine edit: (snipped, see image above)

Note; I wanted the CE wording to allow OR soldiers/troopers to get Sniper/Sniper's Blind but I also wanted to Exclude the Elite Gunner; he's nasty enough on his own; giving him those two SA's would've been too much.

Final version. I'm going on a Grandkid field trip this weekend. Veteran's/Remembrance Day.

Cheers,

surf

You (and anyone) can argue with me anytime they want. BlooMilk
Saber suggested the Kill Shot flavor adjustment, I just agreed with him, and wrote some words. Smile

+1 on the Elite Gunner. Trooper/Soldier etc SAs have created a minefield.

Scary sniper. Just needs an assistant with saber's Sniper's Decoy SA for when he's found. Wink

As always, your card work is excellent. Very cool!
saber1
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2017 5:38:45 PM

RE: Sniper's Blind...is it referencing this character's prior turn or the turn immediately prior to the current turn (immediately prior turn belonging to any character)? It may be simpler switching to "if this character has not activated this round..." or "if this character has not moved this round" to simplify.
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2017 6:38:52 PM

saber1 wrote:
RE: Sniper's Blind...is it referencing this character's prior turn or the turn immediately prior to the current turn (immediately prior turn belonging to any character)? It may be simpler switching to "if this character has not activated this round..." or "if this character has not moved this round" to simplify.

Good catch! I would think "immediately prior turn belonging to any character", but it would help to clarify intent. Round is simpler, but far less advantageous to the sniper.

Prior turn: If it moves, it has to survive the next turn without pseudo-Invisibility, then regains it.
Round: Just don't move, period, or you might die. (40hp, seems highly likely you'll die)
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2017 7:23:54 PM

It ain't easy being a one-man card operation Scared

While it all makes sense, I'm not sure I can squeeze it into the card. Its already crammed pretty tight. If I have time. The grandkids are running too fast for me. I need to chase them down ......
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2017 9:17:30 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
It ain't easy being a one-man card operation Scared

While it all makes sense, I'm not sure I can squeeze it into the card. Its already crammed pretty tight. If I have time. The grandkids are running too fast for me. I need to chase them down ......

Don't worry about fixing the card, we'll settle for a statement of intent when you get a chance, after the younglings are safely tucked in and you catch your breath, or tomorrow. ;)
saber1
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2017 9:57:06 PM

Surf, any interest in freeing up card space with something akin to

Steady Shot- On this character's turn, if he doesn't move he gets +4 Attack and +10 Damage

Also, I'm digging your entry, but that cost is tough to look past on a 40 HP nonunique. Just sayin. As for how to drop cost, I won't be much help. Tons of good stuff going on here.
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2017 9:04:48 PM

saber1 wrote:
Surf, any interest in freeing up card space with something akin to

Steady Shot- On this character's turn, if he doesn't move he gets +4 Attack and +10 Damage

Also, I'm digging your entry, but that cost is tough to look past on a 40 HP nonunique. Just sayin. As for how to drop cost, I won't be much help. Tons of good stuff going on here.

Ughh! While Steady Shot fits him, he's Already got more than I'd like; still he should outshot anything ele on the block, but then that's why he's "The Instructor."

Agree with the 40; put him back up to 50 with another point cost.
saber1
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 1:13:21 PM

I'll vote this evening. This week looks like an exceptionally difficult one to judge.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 1:32:51 PM

1. Surfrider non-uniques over 30 cost are hard to pull off, let alone 41. Forward positioning really got my eye for this piece and I wish I would have thought about it
2. Saber1 specforce are fun and I like the counterstrike addition, makes them really hard to deal with
3. Lord Ball - I wish it did not start with 2 force, but i like Cunning and Sniper on the Archer

saber1
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 1:41:33 PM

To avoid potential confusion with blem's SFSniper, I will go with my SpecForce Spotter as my entry this week.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 1:45:49 PM

^ I voted for the spotter for the record
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 2:00:15 PM

1: saber1: Strategic Targeting is a really cool new ability that is perfect for snipers, along with Intuition for the sniper/scout combo
2: swinefeld: you made a really good spotting sniper, with expert spotter being a pretty cool power ability for this type of character
3: jen'ari: you created the perfect companion to the sniper. I had thought of making a "large" character (ala Han and Chewie pieces) that would rep 2 characters being a sniper and spotter/scout. I like it.

Surf as always you have come up with something pretty darn cool, and in a lot of ways you went where i was going to go, so I had to deviate a bit from your instructor type sniper. The only thing was, i thought his damage could have been a bit higher? I purposefully worked to keep my characters damage in a certain range with the added ability of OSOK, but they are rather high. With mine so expensive as a SpecForce, might should have named her "Veteran, or Seasoned, elite etc" Sniper

It is too late to adjust my cost, but you might be right that mine is too low. I likely should have adjusted it up to maybe 38, or 39 at the least. Even if 2 of the abilities are "negative" abilities.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 2:37:20 PM

I think you voted for saber1s sniper instead of spotter
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 3:26:59 PM

jen'ari wrote:
I think you voted for saber1s sniper instead of spotter

Confused
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 5:57:42 PM

saber1 wrote:
Apparently I hadn't entered yet and now blemelisk has beat me to the punch on the name. I'm playing the "It's my week and I'll enter what I want" card. Now there are two SpecForce marksmen to contend with. Imps beware!

SpecForce Sniper

...aaaaaaand after all that, I kinda like where this piece went SpecForce Spotter

@Blemelisk, sorry for the confusion.

Saber1 said he is enlisting his Spotter as his entry.

Your vote talks about Strategic targeting which is on the Sniper. So, in essence, you are voting on the wrong one of Saber1's entries.

He said that
saber1 wrote:
To avoid potential confusion with blem's SFSniper, I will go with my SpecForce Spotter as my entry this week.

Which I guess it did not Razz

and he said it just earlier today. I didn't even know he had a sniper so I didnt get confused until he posted something haha.