RegisterDonateLogin

Unlikely to lead to fear, anger, hate or suffering.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 78 - Snipe Hunting! Options
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 6:11:00 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

My votes will be in tonight, but I'm noticing and commenting on things I had glossed over before (or after changes were made).
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 7:51:21 PM
Groups: Member

Commented on everyone's individual post, but in the end my top three are:

3rd LB, still think these guys could get pretty OP with Bastilla/Farfalla but simple and cool image of a Star Wars Archer
2nd Surf, I'm normally not a fan of non-epic/BHC ability-heavy characters, let alone non-uniques. But you pulled it off, very cool American Star Wars Sniper and it all fits to be a super-sniper
1st Jen'ari, you reached the Recon soldier inside of me and created a super simple boost to snipers like I was trained to haha.

Great job everyone!
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 8:45:07 PM

Latest impressions .....

GG - Ronderu lij Kummar Helping Grievous, What a surprise.RollEyes

jak - Marksmanship Trainer. Instructor by any other name. I said "Elite Sniper ..... seems that the latest thing is to eliminate save rolls save rolls ..... not sure how I feel abot that." I guess my answer is why not. OMG

LB - Army of Light Archer. Strange name but otherwise interesting; SA's still don't thematically fight the arrow bit but hey, who am I to argue?Cool

jen'ari - Reconnaissance Patrol Scout. As I said, interesting idea. Reconnaissance is a sneaky way to hand out Sniper; yet again I don't know how I feel about that. Mellow

Swine - Antarian Ranger Recon Officer. Better than your other guy. Did you add synergy on top of what you already had? Definitely now north of 30. Sad

Blem - SpecForce Sniper. Never mind the fact that you basically would give out 50/shot, I think what bugs me the most is the base 70 hit points. It sounds a bit to much. Thinking. Blink

saber - SpecForce Spotter. He seems like he's costed at least 30. Sorry, I never saw this till today. Mellow

Need to think .....
saber1
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 10:14:11 PM

GG - Ronderu lij Kummar: Very good Fringe piece and makes Grievous better. Cover Fire is a fun ability and the CE is quite useful. Base stats and cost seem reasonable. A great option for Talon squads.

jak – Marksmanship Trainer: Didn’t notice before but the price could use a bump. Deadeye, Careful and Accurate are all appropriate. Elite Sniper is cool but feels a bit loaded with mechanics, granting three distinct bonuses. A wide-open CE makes for great versatility.

Lord Ball – Army of Light Archer: Nice to see a subfaction tie-in this week. AoL was not one I expected. Stats and cost are reasonable. The combo of special abilities is well chosen and I dig the use of Brutal for an out-of-the-box snipery result.

surf rider 56 – Kyuzo Sharpshooter Instructor: Is epic too strong a word? This guy is loaded and deadly! It’s a bit odd to have such a loaded (and expensive) nonunique that isn’t a big vehicle or some such. Kill Shot turned out nicely and Double Tap provides a nice boost.

jen’ari – Reconnaissance Patrol Scout: Nice to see some Mando attention. Simple, efficient, effective. Reconnaissance is a great snipery boost.

swinefeld – Antarian Ranger Recon Officer: Great choice for boosting the subfaction. Expert Spotter is the crown jewel and handing it out is fantastic. Nice CE.

blemelisk – SpecForce Sniper: I love the 30 base Damage. Big, BIG damage potential. Single-Shot Blaster was a wise choice. Atk and HP could probably be toned down a bit. One Shot One Kill is a cool idea but the odds are so low I’m not sure it’s worth it. Deadly/Vicious might have been a better route and prevented the need for an additional save.

The level of effort and skill this week makes judging a daunting task. There were no bad entries, no marginal, no good.
Every piece was very good (at the least) with a broad range of factions, subfactions, abilities and play styles represented. These would all be a welcome addition to the game. Nice work to all!

Since this is a contest, I guess I'd better pick my top 3.

1st: swine
2nd: surf
3rd: GG
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 10:36:33 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Rather difficult decisions to make between simple elegant pieces, powerhouses, and some in between with potential to go either way.

1st - jen'ari - would be a great addition to any faction, except Vong lol, and fringe is not a faction ;) nice BlooMilk

2nd - Lord_Ball - An elegant weapon, for a simpler time. One small change early on was all that was needed. If someone wants to run them with Arfan Ramos for SS, more power to them. Stealth is not much of a defense these days.

3rd - alright, here's where it gets sticky between some capable characters with cool abilities - (surf) Sniper's Blind, (GG) Cover Fire (nod to Dooku SL's CE) and (saber) Sniper's Decoy.

Ugh... as much as I really like all of them I'm going with surf's self-contained piece. It was a basically a toss-up but then my taste buds could not withstand flavor the magnitude of Sniper's Blind, Kill Shot and Double Tap.

jak - like the ideas, the boosts for already strong pieces seem a bit much

blem - cool ideas as well, but perhaps a bit too much going on for cost, definitely strong attacker, and Deadeye + Heavy Weapon does seem auto-fulfilling.

My own entry - appreciate the feedback on cost etc. It's busy - might need to be 2 lesser pieces to achieve the goal, but I will continue to explore NR Ranger spot/snipe builds. Arfan Ramos (as noted above on LBs piece) had not occurred to me. hmm...

Lot's of fun ideas and abilities this week. Kudos, all. BlooMilk
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:45:49 AM

1 jen'ari Reconnaissance seems a bit weird functionally, but it works.
2 jak Sniper's little helper could use a rewording/cleaning up
3 saber1

Lot's of interesting entries that is certain.
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:21:15 AM

@blem: Do you want to take a look at my SpecForce Spotter and reassess your vote?
jak
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:26:16 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
1 jen'ari Reconnaissance seems a bit weird functionally, but it works.
2 jak Sniper's little helper could use a rewording/cleaning up Confused have you seen it lately? I used Swine's wording
3 saber1

jak
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:28:19 AM

swinefeld wrote:

jak - like the ideas, the boosts for already strong pieces seem a bit much didja notice I changed the CE to non-unique followers?

BlooMilk
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:34:34 AM

saber1 wrote:
@blem: Do you want to take a look at my SpecForce Spotter and reassess your vote?

Gee Saber, you got 1st from him. Fair's fair, but as we say when playing cards, "A card's laid, a card's played." I'm ok with it ....

As for my votes .....

3rd - jak. Can't say no to another instructor.

2nd - GG. I think when GG thinks outside of the box, its always with a one way ticket to Grievous ...

1st - LB. Anybody who brings an arrow to a gunfight has got some big ones ......

Very Interesting ideas this time round people BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:53:04 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
saber1 wrote:

Gee Saber, you got 1st from him. Fair's fair, but as we say when playing cards, "A card's laid, a card's played." I'm ok with it ....

I wanted blem to have the opportunity to vote on eligible pieces. I don't want any disenfranchisement. He may not like my Spotter at all and his updated vote change the outcome this week. I'm ok with that.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 8:08:41 AM

jak wrote:
Lord_Ball wrote:
could use a rewording/cleaning up Confused have you seen it lately? I used Swine's wording

The issue/reason I say that is largely the using rangefinder part. The character "using" the ability can no longer combine fire anyway, I'm guessing the intent is a character benefitting from it. but any attempts by me to offer a rewording would likely become more convoluted.
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 8:44:42 AM

Just shift my votes up, 2nd is now in 1st. 3rd is now 2nd and that will make surf 3rd.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:35:27 AM

blemelisk wrote:
Just shift my votes up, 2nd is now in 1st. 3rd is now 2nd and that will make surf 3rd.

Did somebody unplug the scoreboard again? Scared

Ok, I'll say it; we're waiting on Jak's vote. jen wins otherwise. jen wins anyway most likely ....
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 11:32:45 AM

@jak: I'm getting ready to call it. Are you going to vote?
jak
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:42:50 PM

call it! don't wait for meWink
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:16:08 PM

By my count it's:

Jen'ari at 11 points narrowly beating out Surf

Good one Jen'ari and everyone else! Post up the new week!
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:23:37 PM

Nice work, jen'ari! Let's keep the ball rolling and post the next theme.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:28:36 PM

Thanks guys, and I will post new one this evening. Just need a few to think
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:33:23 PM

2nd again. Curses! Story of my life, but Congrats jen. Well deserved.