RegisterDonateLogin

Allergy Alert: May contain Bantha hair.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 15 Previews Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2017 11:35:38 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

You don't have a real movement breaker for Saw there, so it would be tough to get off his Double-Twin. You could go with Lando, Infiltrator or Luke, RC to help him get off a double-twin. But you'd have to drop something to make room for one of them.

I haven't played a whole lot of Rogue One, but I don't think I'd try to sacrifice anything specific. As long as everyone's alive you can attack with everyone. Might be a couple pieces I'd try to protect, but I'd rather just keep everyone alive and take the Reprisal bonus whenever it comes. Saw would be fine as an early death (trigger Reprisal and grant Noble Sacrifice) or a late death (keep his double-twin going for 80 as long as possible).
shmi15
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2017 11:46:01 AM
Groups: Member

FlyingArrow wrote:
You don't have a real movement breaker for Saw there, so it would be tough to get off his Double-Twin. You could go with Lando, Infiltrator or Luke, RC to help him get off a double-twin. But you'd have to drop something to make room for one of them.

I haven't played a whole lot of Rogue One, but I don't think I'd try to sacrifice anything specific. As long as everyone's alive you can attack with everyone. Might be a couple pieces I'd try to protect, but I'd rather just keep everyone alive and take the Reprisal bonus whenever it comes. Saw would be fine as an early death (trigger Reprisal and grant Noble Sacrifice) or a late death (keep his double-twin going for 80 as long as possible).

I would have Lando, b/c Lando gives it to everyone, and thats way more impressive than Luke's levitation, imo. And I woudn't just throw someone out there, but I would lead with someone for sure. I just think Saw fits a lot of functions, he can be the safrificial lamb, or, he can contribute with some major damage dealings with a good attack.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2017 11:58:40 AM

Not needed. once Chirrut, Baze and Jyn are in on the action they can't really see Saw that much
shmi15
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2017 12:03:42 PM

jen'ari wrote:
Not needed. once Chirrut, Baze and Jyn are in on the action they can't really see Saw that much

What does seeing Saw have to do with anything?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2017 12:10:08 PM

And what does seesaw-ing have to do with anything?
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2017 1:10:36 PM

shmi15 wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

What does seeing Saw have to do with anything?
. If they have the ability to go through your squad gma is not going to do much.
If they have the ability to Target him gma is not needed. Also it is 21 points for gma when others do not benefit from it much to be worth the cost.

But I am not great with shooters so who am I talk about the merit?
shmi15
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2017 4:05:01 PM

you can get Lando, Cassian,Saw, Kyle Katarn RH, and Jan ors in a squad for 124 points

Dodonna for another 9 puts you at 133. from there you can go a bunch of routes. 2 more Rogue One. 1 more Rogue one and some filler. another movement breaker, more damage, more defense, pretty much anything you want to taylor it to be. If you add in cannon shot Leia, Kyle Katarn could be a beast when Saw dies. His turn, Saws attack, and a Cannon shot.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2017 4:23:29 PM

shmi15 wrote:
you can get Lando, Cassian,Saw, Kyle Katarn RH, and Jan ors in a squad for 124 points

Dodonna for another 9 puts you at 133. from there you can go a bunch of routes. 2 more Rogue One. 1 more Rogue one and some filler. another movement breaker, more damage, more defense, pretty much anything you want to taylor it to be. If you add in cannon shot Leia, Kyle Katarn could be a beast when Saw dies. His turn, Saws attack, and a Cannon shot.

You need the czerka. That puts you at 146. Which is 54 left.
If you want reeikan that leaves you with 40 left.
Canon Leia leaves saw with 80 damage Max and can't be used with cassian. And a rebel unique has to die first.
Jyn is the sleeper, I think she is powerful. But if you add her it's 9 left I think.

I guess swapping baze and chirrut for Kyle and Jan is a great idea

jen'ari
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2017 4:31:17 PM

shmi15
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2017 5:15:12 PM

For the record, I don't think he is broken or anything, at least with what I've been looking at. But I do think he is a very solid mid 20 piece in a faction with multiple options already
donnyrides
Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 12:53:35 PM

It's been a long time since I jumped on the site, but I just want to point something out, Saw is not Ghost Crew by any stretch. He worked with them a few times, some good, some bad but no way is he ghost crew. that's like saying Hondo should be Ghost Crew.

Saw should also have Rival for Imps.
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 1:43:51 PM

donnyrides wrote:
It's been a long time since I jumped on the site, but I just want to point something out, Saw is not Ghost Crew by any stretch. He worked with them a few times, some good, some bad but no way is he ghost crew. that's like saying Hondo should be Ghost Crew.

I agree with this 100%. Its just like the Sith Bastilla..... And I also agree on the Hondo Onahka comment. What requirements do you guy use to determine stuff like this? Is it more like, if it happened once, its justified to happen in the game? If that is case, I want a dark side Mace Windu character, A Darth Vader who turned on Palpatine and is good, and maybe some Sith characters who had vague amounts of training, just so they can be in the Sith faction.

Did Saw have a Ghost number is his episodes? Like Ghost 1,2,3 and so on... Did Saw get anything like that?

FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:39:52 AM

SHNN tonight.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:33:15 AM

donnyrides wrote:

Yes, I do agree, however, Saw was a part of the Rebellion in the beginning. Hondo was never a part of it at all. I was pushing for some camaraderie with Rex tbh and that was how he would fit into Ghost Crew, but it was not seen. Than later we saw Ezra agreeing with Saw a lot in Season 4. there are small connections.

I think it was more of a "we can have variety" decision.
I think it is arguable to be fair. Should Luke Skywalker be a rebel commando for instance? He was only there for a bit and then skipped out.
But i was pushing for a Rogue One Saw just because the stats fit the Rogue One pairing much better.

But yes, looking at it I think it is always safer to say NO to something or leave something off if it is not clear. I am sad to say that as a Play tester I did not ask that question.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, December 2, 2017 11:04:54 AM

Kouhun - 21/30
Fringe - RM: Toydarian Soldier (MotF 38) SMALL BASE
Cost 12

HP 10
DEF 17
ATK —
DMG —

Special Abilities
Cloaked [If this character has cover, it cannot be targeted by nonadjacent enemies]

Non-sentient [Not subject to commander effects. This character cannot gain Diplomat or Aggressive Negotiations.]

Poison Sting [Usable on this character's turn: touch; target living enemy takes 30 damage; save 16 for 10 damage instead. Ignores Diplomat.]

Wall Climber [This character ignores difficult terrain, enemy characters, low objects, and pits when moving as long as a square it occupies and a square it is moving into are adjacent to a wall]

"Be careful. They're very poisonous."
―Jango Fett
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, December 2, 2017 10:24:58 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Kouhun - 21/30
Fringe - RM: Toydarian Soldier (MotF 38) SMALL BASE
Cost 12

HP 10
DEF 17
ATK —
DMG —

Special Abilities
Cloaked [If this character has cover, it cannot be targeted by nonadjacent enemies]

Non-sentient [Not subject to commander effects. This character cannot gain Diplomat or Aggressive Negotiations.]

Poison Sting [Usable on this character's turn: touch; target living enemy takes 30 damage; save 16 for 10 damage instead. Ignores Diplomat.]

Wall Climber [This character ignores difficult terrain, enemy characters, low objects, and pits when moving as long as a square it occupies and a square it is moving into are adjacent to a wall]

"Be careful. They're very poisonous."
―Jango Fett

Is this piece an April Fools joke?
gholli69
Posted: Sunday, December 3, 2017 6:38:11 PM

no sir, not a joke!
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, December 3, 2017 7:07:48 PM

Should it be considered whatever the mouse droid is... Diminutive or something
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, December 3, 2017 7:29:17 PM

Snap Wexley, Resistance Pilot 20/30
New Republic - RM: Wedge, Red Two (TFU 27)
Cost: 13

HP: 50
Def: 16
Atk: +6
Dmg: 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Recon [Roll twice for initiative once per round, choosing either roll, if any character with Recon in the same squad has line of sight to an enemy]
Scanner [Usable at the beginning of an ally's turn: this turn, enemies adjacent to this character lose Stealth and Cloaked. At the end of the turn this character is defeated.]
Tenacious [Enemies cannot use Opportunist, Deceptive, Devious, or Backlash against this character]

Temmin "Snap" Wexley was regarded as the Resistance's best recon flier and had a keen eye for trouble.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, December 3, 2017 8:03:25 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Snap Wexley, Resistance Pilot 20/30
New Republic - RM: Wedge, Red Two (TFU 27)
Cost: 13

HP: 50
Def: 16
Atk: +6
Dmg: 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Recon [Roll twice for initiative once per round, choosing either roll, if any character with Recon in the same squad has line of sight to an enemy]
Scanner [Usable at the beginning of an ally's turn: this turn, enemies adjacent to this character lose Stealth and Cloaked. At the end of the turn this character is defeated.]
Tenacious [Enemies cannot use Opportunist, Deceptive, Devious, or Backlash against this character]

Temmin "Snap" Wexley was regarded as the Resistance's best recon flier and had a keen eye for trouble.

He doesn't have Resistance? Sure, it's in his name, so he still counts as Resistance, but every other Resistance character (with it in their name or not) has the ability. A mistake, unless there's a new character that would make this guy broken with Resistance?