RegisterDonateLogin

Does not tread lightly in the Jundland Wastes.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 15 Previews Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, January 1, 2018 5:42:14 AM
Groups: Member

FlyingArrow wrote:
General Kalani, Separatist Hero -subset 6/6
Separatist - RM: 2-1B (TFU 24)
Cost 25

HP 70
Def 15
Att +7
Dam 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Droid
Indiscriminate [When this character attacks an adjacent enemy, it ignores enemy abilities and commander effects that prevent targeting and attacking. These attacks cannot be redirected.]
Tactician +6 [Add +6 to the initiative roll except on a roll of 1]

Commander Effect
Droids are subject to these effects:
At the end of this character's turn, 1 Droid ally within 6 squares may immediately use an ability that replaces attacks and then move up to 4 squares.

If a living Separatist ally is adjacent to a non-living Separatist character in your squad (including this character), both get +3 Attack.

Kalani was a competent battle tactician who had single-minded obsession in securing victory and producing results.

Interesting piece, good to finally see him make an appearance but I was hoping he would reflect some of his Rebels time as well as have a way or provide a way around the Separatists main issue which is commander effects being suppressed, as is he only really helps the NR-99 and some of the IG-88s but even that gets shut down by Bastilla/the plethora of CE hate. WOTC days this guy would have been a 10, these days he is a 4. But cool to see he him all the same.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 11:45:02 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

ARC Trooper Fives, Republic Hero -subset 1/6
Republic - RM: Clone Trooper (RotS 9)
Cost 27

HP 70
DEF 19
ATK +12
DMG 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Order 66
Double Attack
Damage Reduction 10 [Whenever this character takes damage, reduce the damage dealt by 10. Attacks with lightsabers ignore this special ability.]
Penetration 20 [Enemies' Damage Reduction is reduced by 20 against this character's attacks]
Sniper [Other characters do not provide cover against this character's attack]
Uncovered Conspiracy [Characters in your squad with Order 66 (including this character) ignore Execute Order 66 and cannot join an opponent's squad]

"I am not just another number! None of us are!"
shmi15
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 12:16:22 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
General Kalani, Separatist Hero -subset 6/6
Separatist - RM: 2-1B (TFU 24)
Cost 25

HP 70
Def 15
Att +7
Dam 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Droid
Indiscriminate [When this character attacks an adjacent enemy, it ignores enemy abilities and commander effects that prevent targeting and attacking. These attacks cannot be redirected.]
Tactician +6 [Add +6 to the initiative roll except on a roll of 1]

Commander Effect
Droids are subject to these effects:
At the end of this character's turn, 1 Droid ally within 6 squares may immediately use an ability that replaces attacks and then move up to 4 squares.

If a living Separatist ally is adjacent to a non-living Separatist character in your squad (including this character), both get +3 Attack.

Kalani was a competent battle tactician who had single-minded obsession in securing victory and producing results.

This guy may seem cool, but every ability is so wordy. Why? Why are we trying to make everyone read a CE for 5 minutes during a game to make sure we understand how it works? 4/10

Edit 3/10. Indiscriminate is stupid, as should not be used in the future. Crutch ability for crutch players.
shmi15
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 12:19:13 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Plo Koon, Republic Hero 2/6
RM: Plo Jedi Master (MotF)
Cost 42

HP 140
Def 21
Att +14
Dam 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Pilot. Melee Attack

Opportunist [+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an enemy who has activated this round]

Twin Attack [Whenever this character attacks, he makes 1 extra attack against the same target]

Force Powers
Force 5
Burst Lightning [Force 1, usable only on this character's turn: range 6; 10 damage]

Force Alter [Force 1: range 6; any 1 enemy rerolls its last attack]

Lightsaber Defense [Force 1: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11]

Commander Effect
Allies whose names contain Wolf gain Rolling Fire [On its turn, each time this character defeats an enemy by making an attack, with a save of 11, it can immediately move up to 2 squares and then make 1 attack against another enemy without provoking an attack of opportunity].

Neat guy... I guess his cost will depend on what the Wolf troopers look like. Or was Wolf some other person in the storyline?

Currently a 7/10. And mainly b/c I like the Twin attack with Opp, and good base stats.
shmi15
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 12:21:17 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Cost 27

HP 70
DEF 19
ATK +12
DMG 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Order 66
Double Attack
Damage Reduction 10 [Whenever this character takes damage, reduce the damage dealt by 10. Attacks with lightsabers ignore this special ability.]
Penetration 20 [Enemies' Damage Reduction is reduced by 20 against this character's attacks]
Uncovered Conspiracy [Characters in your squad with Order 66 (including this character) ignore Execute Order 66 and cannot join an opponent's squad]

I may be missing something... But shouldn't this guy have Wolf somewhere in his name? Isn't he coming out in the same Sub-Set as this Plo Koon? Why do they not work together at all? I'm sure I have to be missing someway to give this guy "Wolf"?

7/10 if you can give him Wolf
1/10 if not, because their is NO SYNERGY in the Sub-Set, which would make ZERO sense to me. Why put them in a Sub-Set together?
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 12:43:05 PM

shmi15 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Cost 27

HP 70
DEF 19
ATK +12
DMG 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Order 66
Double Attack

I may be missing something... But shouldn't this guy have Wolf somewhere in his name? Isn't he coming out in the same Sub-Set as this Plo Koon? Why do they not work together at all? I'm sure I have to be missing someway to give this guy "Wolf"?

7/10 if you can give him Wolf
1/10 if not, because their is NO SYNERGY in the Sub-Set, which would make ZERO sense to me. Why put them in a Sub-Set together?

I don't think Fives was a part of the Wolf Pac, the subset has a reason. I don't know how I feel about it, but it is something new.

But my point for responding is asking what do you think about the character minus the wolf pac thingy, which is besides the point as you are looking at ranking a piece.
I am curious, since the piece feels more simple and that is something you have been worrying about in the past.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 1:33:36 PM

shmi15 wrote:
Neat guy... I guess his cost will depend on what the Wolf troopers look like. Or was Wolf some other person in the storyline?

http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/1588/clone-commander-wolffe
http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/1591/wolfpack-trooper

If Wolf Sazen would somehow wind up in the same squad, he'd also qualify, but of course that would only happen in sealed or in a rare Betrayal effect of some sort.
shmi15
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 3:07:00 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/1588/clone-commander-wolffe
http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/1591/wolfpack-trooper

If Wolf Sazen would somehow wind up in the same squad, he'd also qualify, but of course that would only happen in sealed or in a rare Betrayal effect of some sort.

I know of these guys. I guess I just assumed their would be Wolf troopers coming out in this SUB SET... SInce ya know... He is in the Sub-Set..... Whats the theme/point of the Sub-Set if they don't go with each other?
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 4:41:18 PM

jen'ari wrote:
... the subset has a reason. I don't know how I feel about it, but it is something new.

shmi15 wrote:
I know of these guys. I guess I just assumed their would be Wolf troopers coming out in this SUB SET... SInce ya know... He is in the Sub-Set..... Whats the theme/point of the Sub-Set if they don't go with each other?

All will become clear soon enough. It does have a theme, but as jen'ari said, it's something new, at least as compared to previous subsets.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 6:53:29 PM

Subset name: Heroes on Both Sides

It was mentioned on SHNN last night. Not sure if that was the first time or not.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 9:58:04 PM

Dark Disciple 4/30
Sith - RM: YV Jedi Hunter (LotF 58)
cost 11

HP: 40
Def: 16
Atk: +7
Dam: 10

Special Abilities
Melee Attack
Cultist [While a character with Dark Force Spirit is within 4 squares, this character gains Force Renewal 1 and Sith Rage]
Sith Pawn [Once per turn, you may remove a character with Sith Pawn from play to reroll one ally's attack or save, unless that character's orginal roll was a 1. This character is defeated.]
Worship [Unique Sith allies within 6 squares with a Force rating and a printed cost greater than 60 get +4 Attack; +10 Damage if they have 2 allies with Worship within 6 squares]

Force Powers
Force 1
Controls Shatter 1 [Force 1, replaces attacks: Designate 1 adjacent door as open; it remains open for the rest of the skirmish and cannot be closed]
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, January 6, 2018 2:32:57 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Dark Disciple 4/30
cost 11

Special Abilities
Melee Attack
Cultist [While a character with Dark Force Spirit is within 4 squares, this character gains Force Renewal 1 and Sith Rage]
Sith Pawn [Once per turn, you may remove a character with Sith Pawn from play to reroll one ally's attack or save, unless that character's orginal roll was a 1. This character is defeated.]
Worship [Unique Sith allies within 6 squares with a Force rating and a printed cost greater than 60 get +4 Attack; +10 Damage if they have 2 allies with Worship within 6 squares]

Force Powers
Force 1
Controls Shatter 1 [Force 1, replaces attacks: Designate 1 adjacent door as open; it remains open for the rest of the skirmish and cannot be closed]

I get the piece..... But I am not sure I am on board with Worship.... It just seems so.... Dumb. Unique Sith Allies 6 squares, Fr and printed cost greater than 60. But only if 2 characters with worship are within 6 squares... Its such a wordy ability again. Why can't things just be simple? Why does every character need brand new abilities that take up game play time to learn them?

This is why I hate Vong. I have to sit, and read what every piece can do for about 20 minutes before the match just to be semi aware of it. Please do not do this to all other factions as well. Keep it simple. Keep it safe.

5/10
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, January 6, 2018 8:40:16 PM

Still curious about your thoughts about Fives (withholding the wolf stuff).
I thought it was an easy piece to use and understand with nothing crazy going on that can be boosted pretty well.

i do not play shooters very often (since the Rex 501st days) but this guy reminds me of that era pretty well.
DarthMaim
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 8:45:35 AM

What's the ETA of the new set, or has a release date already been announced?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 10:25:18 AM

DarthMaim wrote:
What's the ETA of the new set, or has a release date already been announced?

Early February for the release date. Card delivery date still unknown.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 12:52:30 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Dark Disciple 4/30
cost 11

Special Abilities
Melee Attack

Force Powers
Force 1

Awesome! That's a fantastic boost for the theme of the Sith. I think controls shatter could have just been shatter door or whatever the current one is but still pumped to see these guys with the old WOTC Sith. Great job!

Also looking at Kalani I see now some interesting combos for some Grievous boosts for the General himself. Giving +3 attack to classic CS Grievous, or the new Wheelbike are actually nothing to snuff at especially since it's easy enough to trigger. I'm bumping him up to a 7 but we still need some way around Bastilla for the Seps! Even a limited one like granting one commander Disciplined Leader
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 6:21:35 PM

Would this work? I hope so, because it's already done...

===
Quote:
General Grievous, Separatist Hero 5/6
RM: GG Supreme Commander
Cost 45

HP 110
Def 21
Att +12
Dam 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Melee Attack; Triple Attack

Cyborg [Counts as both a Droid and a non-Droid; living; subject to critical hits and commander effects]

Disciplined Leader [This character's commander effect cannot be suppressed]

Jedi Hatred +10 [+10 Damage against enemies with Force ratings]

Melee Duelist [+4 Defense when attacked by an adjacent enemy]

Twin Blaster 10 [Replaces attacks: sight; make 2 attacks against 1 target at +10 Attack and 10 Damage. These count as nonmelee attacks.]

Force Powers
Force 1
Lightsaber Defense [ Force 1: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11]

Commander Effect
Droids are subject to this effect:
Allies whose names contain Battle Droid get +4 Attack and +10 Damage while within 6 squares of an ally with a different name which also contains Battle Droid.

"You fool! I've been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku."

===

Advertisement for this week's SHNN (Thursday, 10pm on TalkShoe): discussing Grievous, the last two pieces in the subset, and the subset as a whole.
shmi15
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 6:42:46 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Would this work? I hope so, because it's already done...

===
Quote:
General Grievous, Separatist Hero 5/6
RM: GG Supreme Commander
Cost 45

HP 110
Def 21
Att +12
Dam 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Melee Attack; Triple Attack

Cyborg [Counts as both a Droid and a non-Droid; living; subject to critical hits and commander effects]

Disciplined Leader [This character's commander effect cannot be suppressed]

Jedi Hatred +10 [+10 Damage against enemies with Force ratings]

Melee Duelist [+4 Defense when attacked by an adjacent enemy]

Twin Blaster 10 [Replaces attacks: sight; make 2 attacks against 1 target at +10 Attack and 10 Damage. These count as nonmelee attacks.]

Force Powers
Force 1
Lightsaber Defense [ Force 1: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11]

Commander Effect
Droids are subject to this effect:
Allies whose names contain Battle Droid get +4 Attack and +10 Damage while within 6 squares of an ally with a different name which also contains Battle Droid.

"You fool! I've been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku."

===

Advertisement for this week's SHNN (Thursday, 10pm on TalkShoe): discussing Grievous, the last two pieces in the subset, and the subset as a whole.

So I love everything about this piece... Except his CE. And again. Its just so wordy, and its odd...

If I understand it correctly, If a B3 Battle Droid, and a Battle Droid are within 6 squares of each other. They each get +4/+10? So you can't "spam" Battle droids, and nothing else. Is there a specific reason why it was worded this way? I know spamming battle droids is not high on the list of things people want played, but why not just leave them specifically off the CE?

I do like this guy, and I like that he boosts droid armies, even tho I am not a droid player myself, this is 100% a Star Wars piece.

7.9/10. Might even be a solid 8/10.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 7:08:03 PM

I like it. ThumpUp

Doesn't prevent spamming at all, just 'abusive' spamming. You need a somewhat diverse mix of variants, and have to position them properly.

No CE suppression, boost recipients who also give out boosts.

Might be my favorite piece from this set. (I like quite a few, but for very different reasons)

jen'ari
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 7:21:20 PM

I didn't fully understand the ce in terms of theme, but the builds it creates were very fun.

The other stats are very thematic and balanced pretty well imo.