RegisterDonateLogin

Takes the Twin off the Flurry off the Twin and still has the Double left.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC - Week 80 - The Jar Jar Challenge Options
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 4:22:01 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Create a character who you disliked in their appearances in Star Wars, or that you think could have been a better character. Make the character how you think they should have been, rather than an accurate rendition of the character. Do not simply recreate a character which was not portrayed well in SWM; this is about originally lacking characters.

Have fun!

The fine print...
1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, November 25th, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, November 27th, 2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 4:36:39 PM
Groups: Member

This, aught to be interesting.

I didnt exactly dislike Ziro, but I think he could have been more than what he was. After all as the uncle of Jabba, I would have envisioned him as the "Godfather" of Star Wars. (more so than Jabba). I see him having become a unifier of the greatest Criminal Organizations, having great influence, and great power and thus wealth. I see Jabba benefiting greatly from his uncles influence and power and eventually taking over a smaller slice of the pie once the criminal alliance broke apart (over time). I see the Criminal Orgs unifying to becomes the most profitable under his leadership and scheming. Becoming (indeed) Painfully Profitable as Ziro Played both sides against the middle, to maximize the carnage and loot possible in both the Clone Wars as well as the early Empire years (till id see his death likely at the hands of the empire that took notice of him and the profits he and his alliance was making against the Corp Sec., and possibly against directly targeting imperials far far too much for the liking of the Emperor) The empire would send a team of assassins (maybe even the Emperors own 'Hand') to take him out.

Please note that this is an early go of this character. I want him to truly represent a leader of Criminal Organizations and thus be a BOON to anyone that used him to unify the Hutt Cartel and Black Sun. (if others are reps in the minis game please let me know and ill add them to the "Playing both sides..." SA). Im certainly open to your thoughts on the SAs as well as the wording of the SAs.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28469/ziro-desilijic-tiure
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 7:40:18 PM

My own entry, what Jar Jar always should have been: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28467/darth-jar-jar-binks--sith-lord
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 9:08:35 PM

EDIT: Removed to not cause confusion
jak
Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 6:40:25 AM

saber1
Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 9:36:00 PM

Jar Jar challenge? Here you go!

Jar Jar
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2017 1:06:19 AM

Clearly not something I would classify as a serious custom.

BB-8, Engineering Failure

BB-8 always bothered me, as it has about 8 spots for his tools on his body of which he rolls around, now how in the heck can the right spot always be lined up so perfectly. Cute droid sure, but in practice it would be an.... Engineering failure! Best case the design is insanely inefficient.
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, November 24, 2017 11:06:46 AM

Other than my loathing of Ewoks and how they took out a trained military force and perhaps how they toned Grievous for Revenge of the Sith (they did fix him for SWM and Clone Wars later), I actually liked most of the renditions of characters in Star Wars. Always enjoyed the story. So this week this is actually my wife's entry I'm posting because she was annoyed by "Super-Rey" that can do anything. So here is her version of what Rey actually should have been, for comparison look at the original rebel storm Luke Farmboy

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28479/rey--desert-scavenger
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Saturday, November 25, 2017 8:28:10 PM

1. Lord Ball

2. Blemelisk

3. GG's wife
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2017 3:30:41 PM

sorry I did not get mine in on time. I was gone almost all week in the mountains of TN. Just got home. but the entries look fun
saber1
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2017 7:34:25 PM

1st: jak
2nd: Gandalf
3rd: blem
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2017 10:11:15 PM

No entry here either, so I will abstain from voting as I haven't even see all the entries yet, though what I have seen has been pleasantly amusing. Thanks for your inspiration, and good luck to each of you. BlooMilk
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2017 5:39:09 AM

Even if you didn't enter you can still vote.

1 Blem
2 Jak
3 saber1 simply because even though I didn't mind Jar Jar (he showed the Galaxy isn't just full of butt-kickers) it is a Jar Jar challenge so I have to vote for one and this one made me laugh with it's gameplay absurdities.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2017 8:29:34 AM

3rd - GG's Wife

2nd - LB

1st - saber

Honorable Mention - I would've voted for jak's Doid, but he changed it! I'm still holding my breath for my Doid!
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2017 11:51:49 AM

3rd LB, cool idea and compartment is great but still think it needs more restrictions.
2nd Blem, lots going on but interesting idea.
1st Jak, simple huge Droid with a new middies mechanic? Yes please. Only thing I think it needed was more clarifications on its missiles
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2017 12:04:27 PM

.... well, looks like jak's winning, but he hasn't voted yet .... hmmmmmm
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2017 12:33:24 PM

1: Jak- that is a hailfire droid!
2: GG's Wife- I think she might be a bit over price, but Yea, i think she def got her right
3: Lord Ball - as you had a very valid engineering point.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2017 6:45:20 PM

If I added correctly, jak wins with 11 pts.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2017 6:59:36 PM

Only thing is if Jak doesn't vote then it goes to the next person which I think is Blem?
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2017 7:03:33 PM

As GG says, he doesn't. The rules state "To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest."

Blemelisk wins unless we waive the rule (or change the time when voting ends).