RegisterDonateLogin

Is not something you could learn to make from a Jedi.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 82- The Old Republic Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 6:29:15 PM
Groups: Member

jen'ari wrote:
@surf. Just curious, how would cover me work with a piece that has single shot blaster?

It's the adjacent character that gets a Twin shot off before the Dug moves, not the Dug.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 6:34:01 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
@surf. Just curious, how would cover me work with a piece that has single shot blaster?

It's the adjacent character that gets a Twin shot off before the Dug moves, not the Dug.

ya so lets say Boba Fett, AFH is the character adjacent, what happens?
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 7:10:17 PM

jen'ari wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

ya so lets say Boba Fett, AFH is the character adjacent, what happens?

Far as I'm concerned, he gets one immediate twin attack, like the card says. Not, a Double or Triple, or Quadruple Twin Attack.
NewGuy117
Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 9:58:37 PM

So after thinking it through and what everyone else is doing i noticed a lack of Sith so heres my final entry. I i noticed that there werent a bunch of low cost sith able to fight jedi so i thought i would change that.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28508/sith-jedi-hunter

(i feel more comfortable making Sith than OR anyways lol)
blemelisk
Posted: Thursday, December 7, 2017 4:45:22 PM

Would Cover Me! trigger on another DCST?

Also at my first glance, DCST should cost around 20 to 21, (that being generous with only costing Cover Me! at 3 points). However Cover Me! likely should cost considerably more.
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, December 7, 2017 5:16:26 PM

blemelisk wrote:

Would Cover Me! trigger on another DCST?

Also at my first glance, DCST should cost around 20 to 21, (that being generous with only costing Cover Me! at 3 points). However Cover Me! likely should cost considerably more.

No on the 1st question; and immdeiate Twin still falls into the Single Shot category.

I actually had it costed at 16 or 17 depended on Cover me costing (I put it a 3 also.) That being said, I took artistic liberties and dropped it to 15. If I'd costed it <19 I wouldn't have used it here.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, December 7, 2017 9:03:48 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Because my 1st entry was a rehash of old stuff, and because I wanted to make a "simple" character that was actually a bit complicated, and in the process exploit loopholes in surf's guidelines... LOL

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28509/jedi-initiate

Send the hate. Razz
NewGuy117
Posted: Friday, December 8, 2017 7:30:34 PM

1. GG
2. Spry
3. Swine

Everyone had really good customs was hard to choose!
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, December 9, 2017 7:31:59 AM

Guess I need to decide who. There have been lots of questions about the Dug, but as I said, my heart wants the Sith. Going with the Naddist; I'm a low point, non-unique guy at heart.
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, December 9, 2017 4:46:35 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Great designs Surf! I think I prefer your Naddist though, it's very hard to make extremely low cost characters balanced. And yet you pulled it off here. Great job!

Seconding GG's comments.
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, December 9, 2017 5:38:48 PM

jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2017 5:39:57 AM

Pretty cool stuff. One of the big issues I have is trying to get past my personal disdain for the Diplomat ability, I did not think it made sense or is a useful game mechanic to have, so it is hard to vote for things with it because I do not like what it brings to the table.
(you can thank See-Threepio for the complete diplomat hate)

1. Swinefeld The growing in force to gain abilities idea is brilliant and it is super simple to use.

2. GG Fun, helpful mechanic, but not overcosted, and they have to replace turn which is a large deal in a
faction with limited movement breakers.

3. NewGuy making a 15 point piece that is helpful, but not going to change the game is tough. It is like the San
Antonio Spurs bench, you know it is super important, but at the end of the day it's accomplishments
went unnoticed by others. I like granting Sith Rage b/c Sidious Hologram looks enticing, this piece
would have been a fantastic WOTC piece. Malak to grant +4 attack, some extra from Krayt.
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2017 6:03:53 PM

1. Blem
2. Swine
3. GG
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 7:45:58 AM

Jen'ari, super cool idea here that I just think needed to be toned down slightly but you did mention you would have adjusted the range given the time so I'll bump you up too my first choice as this needs to be in the Sith faction!

Spry, excellent and new take on a Sith command piece, the Sith need more like it!

NewGuy, an excellent beefy grunt with a grudge for Jedi, what's not to like?

Surf, this is the Sith grunt we needed!

LB, another cool angle for the OR, great job!

Swinefeld, super cool idea with a piece growing in power and new for the game!

Alex, great piece just needing a Reserves team to come back and be viable to have a spot. But you costed him perfect

Blem, I like the other two abilities combined but think that combat veteran needs to either be toned down or cost doubled, as super accurate shot to the extreme for no penalty is a very potent ability.

Jase, not sure which one was your entry but I liked that you did one of each. OR one is pretty balanced and cool and the Sith one just needs to come up a bit in cost but is otherwise solid.

3rd NewGuy
2nd Spry
1st Jen'ari
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 8:06:56 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Pretty cool stuff. One of the big issues I have is trying to get past my personal disdain for the Diplomat ability, I did not think it made sense or is a useful game mechanic to have, so it is hard to vote for things with it because I do not like what it brings to the table.
(you can thank See-Threepio for the complete diplomat hate)

The Diplomat ability isn't bad as long as the piece it's on doesn't do a whole lot. See-Threepio is a classic example of how the Vset team has put the importance on competitiveness instead of fun which is unfortunate, and has a tendency to create a lot of NPEs/terrible designs.

That said onto the vote:

1 Spry
2 GG
3 AlexTheGreat
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 8:36:07 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:

The Diplomat ability isn't bad as long as the piece it's on doesn't do a whole lot. See-Threepio is a classic example of how the Vset team has put the importance on competitiveness instead of fun which is unfortunate, and has a tendency to create a lot of NPEs/terrible designs.

You might be very right.
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 10:33:57 AM

3 swinefeld

2 Lord Ball

1 GG!!!!!!!!!
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 1:44:34 PM

Hope i can voteBigGrin its been 4 years since ive last postedBlink Blink really good customs i love them all!

1. Spry
2. GG
3. Jen'ari

Honorable mention to newguy i love the piece.!
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 2:16:02 PM

1: Swinefeld: *ding* your Initiate has just leveled up as a level 1 Padawan! VERY innovative ThumbsUp
2: jen'ari: I like it, though in my head i think of Chaos (40k) cultists chanting the profane around a big guy with a lightsaber (whom then explodes and becomes a very large demon, with an even bigger lightsaber) Flapper but in reality, he is a 10 point extra attack and force battery, not bad at all.
3: GG: "whats with all the remotes" -sith dude "ohh, i was in the middle of training" -OR jedi dude, "and I train a LOT!"-also OR Jedi dude. "whiishh.....ppppssssh......woooosh" -Training Remotes ThumpUp
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 2:45:15 PM

decisions, decisions... Unsure

edit... I think I hit everyone's entries with final comments (hope I didn't miss anyone)

1) surf - right in your element, obviously BigGrin
2) spry - limited Force Power sharing is very cool and somewhat self-balancing
3) GG - simple, fun piece, and indirectly inspired my entry, so gotta give a h/t

Honorable mentions: literally everyone else BlooMilk