Posted: Saturday, December 16, 2017 6:02:06 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Making last minute tweaks, and a much needed name change. LOL

edit: and done, with comments on the changes
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, December 17, 2017 12:48:35 AM
Groups: Member

Here's my vote a little early guys!

1. Swine (i love the droid heal as well as the normal heal nice piece!)

2. Lord_B (a great non combat Obi! and the CE s pretty sweet)

3. NewGuy (I like medical implant, but i think with the changes you made you can lower his cost by a few points)

Alot of great pieces guys cant to see what next week is!
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 7:30:23 AM

1 jak For a healing competition I'm giving you the nod for having the complete package (No one ever uses Industrial Repair anyway, right?)
2 jen'ari Combined Heal would be a welcome addition
3 GG the intriguing play dynamic the character can create has your character just barely edging out other entries.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 8:02:19 AM

Jen'ari, simple, refined, thematic and truly a fitting upgrade to healers. I can picture this piece coordinating a massive triage in a battlefield. Great work, only complaint is no epic flavor text for your great design hahaha.

Jase, really cool design here, extra points for simplicity and the double heal/double support boost. Nice job!

Corralhornsux, excellent updates make yours the true unique master healer as Caleb should be!

Swine, another super solid entry. Great combo of abilities and boost to Bacta tanks. A bit wordy of a CE is probably the only thing that edged other's pieces ahead for my vote. But great job.

Surf, conflicted here because I love the design and super healer upgrade for non-uniques. But just don't like non-combatant how it's currently worded and think maybe diplomat would have been safer for design to prevent abuse?

Blem, I absolutely love your CE, that is the CE I want to see in this game and part of what I was looking for with this week's challenge. What a great boost to all old WOTC medics especially the classic Medical Droid. Only thing is I think you have too many special abilities going on for the low price point of your character.

Caedus, great design here and only thing is perhaps a range restriction on the CE but I suppose the Sith didn't get one on their VSet piece so you are probably ok as is.

Jak, I like the direction here but I just think there is a bit too much going on for being a cheaper character. But pretty neat idea!

New Guy, interesting piece here, only this is the boardwide healing has to have some source for me. Like implants, or someone who is crazy powerful in the Force, but I still think a range restriction or limited to one character would have fit better for theme.

Alex, you thought big, pushed the boundaries and I respect that. But ultimately as interesting and perhaps thematic as Predict is, too me it's ultimately adding to much complexity to an already complex game and requires placing tokens and tracking/marking all character positions at the start of each round in case the power is used and I can see it being a bit of a gong show even if only used once per game. Maybe limiting it to one character might have been more accomplishable? But again I applaud the going into new territory.

LB, I want to say you have too much going on but everything seems to fit and thematically this is the Ben we know. Great job.

3rd Corranhornsux
2nd Jase
1st Jen'ari

Sorry I didn't get a chance to comment on everyone's! This weekend was extra crazy as I'm sure it was for most other people. Great job all around on the Christmas theme and I look forward to this week's challenge and hopefully some TLJ action!
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 8:59:52 AM

3) new guy

2) GG

1)jak
NewGuy117
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 10:32:22 AM

1. Corran ( I love Caleb nice work)

2. Alex (I like the jedi healer rout!)

3. Lord ( again same as Alex I love the whole jedi heal aspect)
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 1:04:34 PM

1: Swinefeld
2: GG Healing, in an imperial squad? no way! BlooMilk
3: jen'ari can heal a heck of a lot in certain situations, but at the cost of becoming vulnerable to aoe attacks.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 6:00:51 PM

In the process of typing up my vote post
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 6:11:26 PM

I am voting for the "old guard" haha

1. Jak - I really appreciate a 28 point healing piece that might be worth it. Speed 8 is a brilliant touch.

2. General Grievous - the enemy and ally is sweet and makes me think of the scene of the Patriot where they are helping both sides.

3. Swinefeld - the CE is powerful but I do not like moving and using an ability before activation, but I love the evade and SE +2.

NOTES for healers.
For me, the evade and speed 8 and SE +2 are great ways to add to the character. I think they are very important for future healers as well.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 7:18:33 PM

Interesting ideas all around!

Alex:
Predict is a really creative idea, but as others have said, its just way too complicated to keep track of.

Jase:
I like the simplicity of the piece, and your Specialization idea was on track, but sadly just won't work with Unique OR Soldiers that also have the WotC Soldier SA, which all the current ones do. (will leave a suggestion there if I don't forget)

CHS123:
Great theme. Pretty powerful stuff. The CE seem a bit over the top when an Uggie, Brute, Camasi Noble etc can double all that healing potential.

Blem:
Super busy card, but some cool stuff. NonComb and Humanitarian create some interesting situations depending on squads and mix of abilities.

jak:
Quite the toolbox!

jen'ari:
Swarm-Healing! Simple and cheap.

GG:
Great flavor, simple to understand, and strategically interesting.

NewGuy:
Definitely meets the challenge, and the CE caps it. Straightforward, easy to use. It's pretty strong, but not TOO crazy.

Caedus:
Nice piece! I'd prefer the CE not be open to Booming (LOS seems ok to me). Augmented Healing is cool, I'm unsure about the rules interactions stacking with other stuff, but it's probably ok.

Lord Ball:
Well now, that was an unexpected direction!

Surf:
Very cool. Aggressive support for bringing more cheap healers. Other have commented on your NonComb and potential for NPE. I haven't thought about it that deeply, but without packing non-targeting AoE abilities, it seems open to shenanigans. Aside from that, neat stuff, and I always enjoy the artwork you come up with.

decision time... 11 entries, and just a few with balance or rules issues. I guess I'll wing it.

3) Blem - a nod to thinking out of the box BlooMilk
2) jen'ari - did I mention Swarm-Heal? ThumpUp
1) Lord Ball - did I mention thinking out of the box? BigGrin

h/t everyone, and particularly GG for choosing a great topic, making a truly great entry, and for getting the "incumbent" treatment on my ballot. LOL

swinefeld
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 7:57:54 PM

jen'ari wrote:

3. Swinefeld - the CE is powerful but I do not like moving and using an ability before activation, but I love the evade and SE +2.

NOTES for healers.
For me, the evade and speed 8 and SE +2 are great ways to add to the character. I think they are very important for future healers as well.

Thanks, and fair point - I went a bit hypocritical with the CE as I'm not really a fan of adding any more pre-round tricks myself, but seemed fitting for healers, and was meant to help fill in squad build gaps from spending on them. (supplies)

That aside, I totally agree with your notes. They have to live long enough to help, or it's just not worth it.
I was channeling Sakura via Tsunade's training (minus the Mighty Swing/Charging +40 part LOL).
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 9:53:02 PM

Still waiting on 4 people to vote!
jak
Posted: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 4:26:06 AM

wait for me

!-blem
2-alex
3-new guy
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 10:17:00 AM

Man that was a close one, had to double check it because there was such a close finish, testament to the quality ideas here. But Jak you win, narrowly edging out by one point haha. Congratulations and post the next one up!