RegisterDonateLogin

Makes you a wonderful human being.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 84 - Killing and Maiming (SITHmas Edition) Options
jak
Posted: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 1:24:52 PM
Groups: Member

any faction Dark Side character, between 12(days of Christmas) and 25(th of December) points
unique or not.
a lower point character that may see some use

1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Dec 23th, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Tuesday, Dec 26th, 2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.

extended by one day for our Lord's birthday
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 6:15:59 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Here is the cluster I'm starting with. LOL
I purposely avoided making any new abilities and overloaded her, hoping you fine folks will help me find the right balance/mix of stats/abilities.

Arden Lyn, Dark Jedi
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 7:23:28 PM

swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 7:41:53 PM

I think I broke the Anakin Surrounded by Younglings thread with an illegal character. Sad I'll message Shinja to fix it.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 7:42:10 PM

jak
Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 5:47:40 AM

help, the custom feature is still not working for meCursing

would somebody copy and paste my Bladeborn to this thread?ThumbsUp
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 9:48:01 AM

I got your back Jak:

jak's entry:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27291/bladeborn
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2017 4:40:14 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28540/darth-sidious--sith-apprentice

Not a huge fan of the Sith but he is my favorite!!!!
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2017 8:44:51 AM

Since projecting oneself across the galaxy is all the rage right now let's go back to the source:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/13190/darth-vectivus
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2017 10:43:52 AM

I seem to be spending the day apologizing to the world about being under the weather this past week. Getting a nasty case of the flu (and there IS no convenient time) when the semester ends and grades are due and me being semi delirious ... well, couldn't comment, couldn't vote last time, couldn't even see the movie until yesterday ....but I digress ...

A cheap Dark Sider .... as I rummage ... ahh my Korriban Academy sub-set.

Sith Disciple An interesting guy; he becomes especially useful if he can get the killing blow in on an enemy unique. Untill then, he must rely on a Master for help surviving.

I always liked the Dark Side Adept & Acolyte's sculpts, but they absolutely wasted as useful pieces; the WOTC Sith Dark Jedi should've been more like this and was another badly executed piece without the saving grace of even a good sculpt.

I was wanting to do a mini card release for Christmas but this year this'll have to do.

cheers,

surf

General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2017 11:22:35 AM

Really like it surf, a bit wordy but simple in execution.
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, December 24, 2017 1:48:08 PM

Have to get my votes in early so I can enjoy Christmas:

Flying, I like it, simple and very fighting-game pushing character which is exactly what she should be.

CorranHornsux, love the recruiter idea and hope you went with this one because it's getting a vote haha. More squad-building options is always cool (see The Father) and I like the safety caveats and theme of it.

Jen'ari, memory walk is just to strong brother, for an eighth of your squad to be able to shut down ANY unique BHC/Epic/beatstick as a free action should be a very costly ability and on something like an epic. I like everything else here though just would have swapped that or toned it down.

Jak, similar to Jen'ari I think you built a solid piece but Cortosis blade is just too strong as is since it is so easy to trigger. I think you could have dropped that entirely and still been aggressively costed at 25.

Alex, good changes for sure and interesting ability. I can picture the disarmed jedi frantically trying to draw their Lightsaber back hahaha. A bit wordy card for his cheap cost still but a cool twist on this week's challenge choosing a yet unseen version of Sidious, very outside the box!

Surf, hefty card as well for a 12 point scrub but I do really like the theme here.

This week's challenge has been very KOTOR Sith academy reminiscent for me, and great challenge. I am going to have to go with:

3rd Alex, this spot was close competition too but for the originality of a new version of a classic character I have to give you the vote this week.
2nd CHS, Recruiter is fantastic and this piece was a close battle for first for me. Theme and options it brings to the Sith are great.
1st, Flying Arrow, Lyn is great and feels like I'm in a mortal combat game hahaha. Which is similar to where she is from, so great job.

Excellent dark theme to balance out my light. Merry Christmas and God bless! Enjoy some Star Wars these days off!
NewGuy117
Posted: Sunday, December 24, 2017 6:32:39 PM

Heres my entry guys! (sorry for late entry been busy this week)

www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28550/sith-infiltrator-commander
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, December 25, 2017 9:14:29 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Really like it surf, a bit wordy but simple in execution.

Agreed. I don't think you need the range extension wording in Dark Trainee as this character isn't giving out something to another character within x squares. Neither here nor there, though. Nice piece.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, December 25, 2017 9:45:57 PM

3) surf - dig the concept
2) GG - cool and simple anti-Bastila (etc) piece
1) CHs123 - love Recruitment

I liked all the entries. Some were just a bit too strong or complicated in some way but none seemed to need major tweaks IMO, so really nice work this round. BlooMilk
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:45:11 AM

Sorry for the late Vote guys!

1. G_G love Vectivus, and the force phantom kinda reminds me of talion in Shadow of War ;)

2. Swine, Really enjoyed arden and the dual weapon use!

3.Surf, i loved the theme you had with ur piece even if it was a bit wordy haha.

NewGuy117
Posted: Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:52:51 AM

1. CHS (Loved the recruitment theme going on)

2. Jak (a little to OP imo but I loved the theme and what you were aiming for)

3. Alex ( a good sidious and loved DA for him)
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, December 26, 2017 10:11:45 AM

1. Surfrider - Feel the power of the Dark Side is brilliant.

2. General Grievous - I appreciate the work on Phantasm, I think it is a tad different than the route I would go, but think it is fun and I had to look further into Vectivus.

3. Jak - I like the idea of Cortosis Blade. Especially since it was used on Vader, but since it does only work for a few minutes I think you can put a time line on it for function wise in the game to not make it OP.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:13:34 PM

.... ok, I've gone Wayyyy too long and am flying out to Seattle in the morn.

As looked at the entries, to be honest, first all apoligies for not commenting. Been in bed for a week and its a hell of a way to spend the holidays.

Second, to be honest, almost everybody imo, was overcosted ...... so, what to do .......

Everybody went to 25 pts; you guys Really can't do anything on the small side, can you RollEyes

CH I assume you went with the Recruiter .....

Regarding my Card; Dark Trainee was worded so Only a Darth/Master withing 6 could give him Renewal. No board-wide Force Battery/Renewal from anybody else. Wody, but my way of making him soley dependent on His Master.

Votes .....

CH 3rd

Swine - 2nd (Like the idea but Dueal Weapon bugged me ....)

GG 1st Vectivus was neat/simple

Out
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, December 26, 2017 10:14:13 PM

If calculations are correct GG has done it with 10 points!
Well done!