RegisterDonateLogin

If there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the web site that it's farthest from.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Star Wars Movies All Time Order Options
DarthMaim
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2017 4:21:28 AM
Groups: Member

cassekiel wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

I am especially excited about this Obi-Wan movie... He is my second all time favorite character, and I will be keeping my fingers crossed it comes out good! As long as its not like the God-Awful Kenobi book, I will be happy I think.

Han Solo ( 2018 )
Episode IX ( 2019 )
Obi-Wan Kenobi ( 2020? )

Not sure we are getting an Obi-Wan movie. Last I heard Disney announced a film about Aunt Beru. I am guessing Obi-Wan will probably show up in that. Don't get me wrong, I would love a film about him.

Aunt Beru????????????? Have they lost their minds?????????????? Confused ThumbDown
DarthMaim
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2017 4:32:42 AM

Maul-Ordo wrote:
AlexTheGreat wrote:

8 The Last Jedi/The force Awakens( I really don't like either movie so I don't care which takes the last two slots, I wish they have never made them)

+1 ThumpUp Amen to that my friend
Bomb Bomb Bomb ThumbDown Confused

Han Solo, Chewbacca, Leia, R2, Three-pio, The Millenium Falcon!, Luke Skywalker, Luke's X-Wing ( although sad to see it submerged ) Yoda, Admiral Ackbar, and last but not least, John Williams!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me? What is not to love about seeing these classic characters on the big screen again?

What the hell is wrong with you 2 guys??????????? It's one thing to rate them last, but to say that you wish they were never made? Come on man.........................
DarthMaim
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2017 4:42:38 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Darn this list!
I literally an doubting myself on return of the Jedi and force awakens.
I am literally going to watch both of them to decide which one is better. I feel confident in all the others

I think I am changing positions on my list. The Ewoks were just really laughable. I mean, slingshots, rocks, and tiny spears? Taking down a legion of Scout Troopers and Stormtroopers with AT-ST's as support? Really?????????? LOL
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2017 4:58:55 AM

DarthMaim wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
Darn this list!
I am literally going to watch both of them to decide which one is better. I feel confident in all the others

I am interested in your decision..........................

Well yesterday was like in all Star Wars day, my first day on Christmas Break.

So I rewatched Force Awakens and Rogue One.

My new list is as follows

1. The Last Jedi
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. A New Hope
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Return of the Jedi
6. Force Awakens
7. Rogue One
8. Phantom Menace
9. Attack of the Clones

As much as I do not like the dialogue between Han and Leia in Return of the Jedi the dialogue between Luke and Vader is flawless. and as much as I do not like the Ewoks, the emperor is so devastatingly evil and controlled.

Thinking about the movies the "highs" of the originals are just so high. I mean, Luke trying to strike down the Emperor and Vader stopping it! what a scene!
this is why the Last jedi is so great, it has the highest high's. so even though Canto Bright is a weak point, and Rose is a weak point, There are too many "super highs"
Admiral Holdo's hyperdrive was so good. Luke and Rey dialogue during "training" was so good. Luke talking to Leia was so good, Kylo killing Snoke was so good, kylo and Rey brutal fight with the the P. Guards was so good. etc etc.
Even Leia shooting Poe was so good.
Never has an audience turned on a character so thoroughly that they were just rooting for as we did when Holdo turned the ship around and we knew what she was about to do.
Everyone was mad at Holdo, than she was everyone's hero!

who can pull that off?!?
DarthMaim
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2017 5:08:13 AM

jen'ari wrote:
DarthMaim wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
Darn this list!

I am interested in your decision..........................

Well yesterday was like in all Star Wars day, my first day on Christmas Break.

So I rewatched Force Awakens and Rogue One.

My new list is as follows

1. The Last Jedi
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. A New Hope
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Return of the Jedi
6. Force Awakens
7. Rogue One
8. Phantom Menace
9. Attack of the Clones

As much as I do not like the dialogue between Han and Leia in Return of the Jedi the dialogue between Luke and Vader is flawless. and as much as I do not like the Ewoks, the emperor is so devastatingly evil and controlled.

Thinking about the movies the "highs" of the originals are just so high. I mean, Luke trying to strike down the Emperor and Vader stopping it! what a scene!
this is why the Last jedi is so great, it has the highest high's. so even though Canto Bright is a weak point, and Rose is a weak point, There are too many "super highs"
Admiral Holdo's hyperdrive was so good. Luke and Rey dialogue during "training" was so good. Luke talking to Leia was so good, Kylo killing Snoke was so good, kylo and Rey brutal fight with the the P. Guards was so good. etc etc.
Even Leia shooting Poe was so good.
Never has an audience turned on a character so thoroughly that they were just rooting for as we did when Holdo turned the ship around and we knew what she was about to do.
Everyone was mad at Holdo, than she was everyone's hero!

who can pull that off?!?

Salient points my friend! Let us not be remiss in mentioning the amazing/spectacular reunited scenes of Luke and R2 and Luke and Yoda in "The Last Jedi" ! And how about the now famous " Chewie, we're home! " , in the reuniting of Han and Chewie, with their beloved Falcon, in "The Force Awakens"! ThumbsUp
shmi15
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2017 7:56:38 AM

What aout Rey's parents being "revelead". If any of you guys would read anything Disney would put out, you would have a better idea of what to expect from the movies. I fought tooth and nail telling people Rey was not going to be a Skywalker, yet, people wanted it, because for some reason its the only thing that can make Rey's character meaningful.

I am still on the fence of whether Kylo was lying or not to Rey, but honestly, I hope not. That moment was built up SO MUCH, and to have THAT as an answer... Wow... Talk about the complete opposite of Luke finding out his dad was the most hated man in the entire Galaxy.

The Last Jedi did have a ton of moments that just stood out in my eyes, that completely out due any Canto Blight scenes... But even Canto Blight gave us DJ, who I think is awesome!
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 6:54:59 AM

^^^ it seems lots of people are stuck with past understandings of the character, even Hamil.

To discuss why Luke's decision was alright.

The first thing we need to know is that we have very little to go by since Return of the Jedi.
So all these other stories written that we have all read and really enjoyed we have to get rid of. We have to only take what the originals give us.

So Return of the Jedi.

Luke Skywalker saw the good in Vader. He felt the conflict in his father through the force. This probably played a large part in his relationship with the Force. To trust those feelings so completely he would go on a "suicide" mission to save him.
Let us not forget that at this time he still tried to kill the Emperor. He did not feel any good in him. He also was provoked to attack his Father in Rage, even while knowing that his Father had good in him. After all on Dagobah Luke did see himself turn to the Darkside in the cave. The darkness is a real thing and the fight is real, even for Luke.

Now we jump forward in time, he has established his academy, we do not know much about it.
But we know something crazy went down Kylo took some of the academy members and they killed a lot of them and burned the Praxeum down.

What we learned from Luke.
Luke knew darkness was forming in Kylo, so he "went to confront him"
When he went to confront Kylo he searched his heart with the force. He saw that the darkness had completely overtaken him. He also saw the evils that would come from it.

What a powerful reveal.
This is Luke Skywalker the man who probably never thought that he would not see some light or conflict. So it ahs the
surprise" effect as well. I mean, afterall his father had conflict and his father was one of the most evil men to ever exist.
So this man who we know relies on the force so much that he went on a suicide mission to turn his father because he saw good in him. A man responsible for countless murders, suffering, and oppression had good in him and his nephew had none.....

So he extended his lightsaber because the force showed him no good and he "instantly" knew it was wrong.

I mean c'mon. For a split second he thought about the atrocities that would occur from someone who had no conflcit and only darkness. for a split second he thought about stopping it. For a split second he probably thought about how his own father caused so much pain, etc. and we are to believe he is not supposed to doubt?
What would he be doubting? he would literally have to doubt the force or think other thoughts about the force.

For that time period Kylo had no conflict, no good.
Looking into someones future is a tough thing as explained by Yoda. Cloudy, it changes, they are not set. It is like a snapshot. sure it might be different in five minutes, but at that time that was the reality.

Rey saw a different snapshot from a different time. This is post Han Solo Kylo.
The death of Han Solo has done a number on Kylo, we can see that. Snoke knew as much as well in Force Awakens he questioned would he would do and how it would effect him.
Now we have Kylo not able to kill his mother and conflicted. So much that Rey can feel it. Rey tells this to Luke.

Eventually Luke realizes this lesson as well, revealed when he talks to Leia "no one is ever really gone" which was meant to comfort her about Han and also in reference to Kylo.

the final lesson. the lesson that sent him towards peace.

Let us not forget how easily and readily Leia forgives Luke for his banishment and "failure" of Ben as well. She probably knows better than anyone what it did to him.

My thoughts are that Luke Skywalker was defeated by what he saw from Ben Solo. Complete immersion in darkness, it rocked the foundation of his relationship with the Force. He went seeking answers and that is why his first lesson was what it was with Rey. The fact that he completely withdrew himself from the force says so much as well.

#myLukeskywalker

I cannot wait for the hard task of someone to write or show it in a cartoon/series/movie the scenes of Ben and Luke training, the signs of the darkness is Ben, and the aftermath of the confrontation in Luke, did he go Yoda style and banish himself instantly? or did he visist Leia? etc. But to see the impact will be very awesome and fill a few holes in why we have a "crabby" Luke.
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 8:38:35 AM

The whole reason I read the books now are to be caught up with the new Universe Disney has created. Some are bad (Ahsoka/Phasma) Some are good (AfterMath Trilogy) And some are great ( dark Disciples and Thrawn) Others are more just there to make money and give us a little more back story and history of it all, (Lords of the Sith)

And I agree with Jenari in about 99.9% of his previous post. Kill the Past. They no longer exist. I have been saying this since the new stuff came out, and now Star Wars itself is telling you guys to let it go. I honestly don't know what makes me happier.... Seeing/reading the new material, or watching people cry like babies that its not plagiarism of old material.
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 10:17:13 AM

I just read something pretty epic.... Snoke's ring has a black crystal in it, that crystal was made of Obsidian, and that obsidian came directly from Vader's castle... I feel like Snoke's backstory is as a Jedi who fell during the Clone Wars or before.

I also saw the symbol in the water of Episode 8, at the Jedi Temple, was a species that looked eerily similar to Snoke. I think it would be cool if Snoke's ancestors/Race founded the Jedi Order.

I also am on the bandwagon of believers that Rey's parents were no one... But that doesn;t mean her Great-Great-Great Grandparents couldn't be someone. A direct link to Darth Bane or Darth Revan would seal the deal for me.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 10:25:10 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Do Revan and Bane even exist?
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 10:57:09 AM

Bane definitely exists as he was seen in Clone Wars by Yoda as a force spirit correct?

Revan is not yet canon but there are "canon" links to Jedi Crusaders. which have obvious ties to Revan, but it could just be they are using that term for something else.
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 11:00:48 AM

shmi15 wrote:
I just read something pretty epic.... Snoke's ring has a black crystal in it, that crystal was made of Obsidian, and that obsidian came directly from Vader's castle... I feel like Snoke's backstory is as a Jedi who fell during the Clone Wars or before.

I also saw the symbol in the water of Episode 8, at the Jedi Temple, was a species that looked eerily similar to Snoke. I think it would be cool if Snoke's ancestors/Race founded the Jedi Order.

I also am on the bandwagon of believers that Rey's parents were no one... But that doesn;t mean her Great-Great-Great Grandparents couldn't be someone. A direct link to Darth Bane or Darth Revan would seal the deal for me.

all just speculation. If Rian Johnson did anything it was to teach us speculation is worth nothing.

Might as well wait for real clues. But here is the newest speculation that I have heard of from a lot of people.
For the record speculation is fun and I know you dont put a lot of faith into it like myself ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etr2lZmi8hI
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 11:34:51 AM

Yea, Darth Bane exists, he is even credited in SW Lore as recreating the rule of 2, as he was in Legends. Darth Revan had a scene created using him, exactly the way we know him, but it was cut out of The Clone Wars anime. I just think the Crusaders, and the way Kylo looks similiar, that Darth Revan will be back in Star Wars Canon. And the parts about Snoke and his ring is not speculation, that is official Star Wars Canon now. Which is leading to the specualtion that Snoke was a Jedi first. I think it would be cool if they connect REBELS to these new movies in a unique way.

There are a lot of things that are Canon now that people don't realize

* Edit Yea, the first thing that I thought when I saw Snoke die is that he wasn't really dead. If thats the case, the community should rejoice! They would be ripping off the Krayt storyline which is what you all want right!?

I for one hope he is dead, and then we get a book or 2 about him to fill in his history. Kylo Ren has won me over as a villain who is conflicted. I honestly don't know if he will die, or be redeemed... My Star Wars fan boyism says he will be redeemed... But JJ Abrams may throw another curve at us and create the "Grey Jedi" and let Rey and Ben start that religion!

Also, as speculation, I think the Knights of Ren will be in episode 9, as the enemies that help Kylo become more powerful!

Also, as another bit of Legends stuff that is now Canon, Supreme Leader Snoke used a Triumvirate of leaders to do his bidding... Where have I heard this word Triumvirate before... Hmm... Seems like a Legend Storyline somewhere. Snokes Triumvirate were Kylo Ren..... General Hux.... And, you guessed it, Captain Phasma!

I think designers should inquire information from either I or Jenari for future, canon pieces :)
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 2:35:00 PM

Ya the ring is real and the obsidian is real, but making a connection to being a Jedi is the speculation
cassekiel
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 3:37:21 PM

shmi15 wrote:
harryg wrote:
cassekiel wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

I am especially excited about this Obi-Wan movie... He is my second all time favorite character, and I will be keeping my fingers crossed it comes out good! As long as its not like the God-Awful Kenobi book, I will be happy I think.

Han Solo ( 2018 )
Episode IX ( 2019 )
Obi-Wan Kenobi ( 2020? )

Not sure we are getting an Obi-Wan movie. Last I heard Disney announced a film about Aunt Beru. I am guessing Obi-Wan will probably show up in that. Don't get me wrong, I would love a film about him.

The Aunt Beru thing was from a satire site following the positive reviews for Wonder Woman

There were positive reviews for Wonder Woman?!Confused

OH thank the Force!!! That seemed like a terrible idea
cassekiel
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 3:40:15 PM

Maul-Ordo wrote:
AlexTheGreat wrote:

8 The Last Jedi/The force Awakens( I really don't like either movie so I don't care which takes the last two slots, I wish they have never made them)

Also +1!

I am now searching for all of the Expanded Universe books I have not read. As far as I am concerned the Lucas Era is my cannon and the Disney stuff is an Alternate rebooted Universe.
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 4:34:41 PM

cassekiel wrote:
Maul-Ordo wrote:
AlexTheGreat wrote:

Also +1!

I am now searching for all of the Expanded Universe books I have not read. As far as I am concerned the Lucas Era is my cannon and the Disney stuff is an Alternate rebooted Universe.

In that case, read Labrynth of Evil from the EU.

Also read The New Jedi Order series from Mathew Stover, Planet of Twilight also, Tatooine Ghosts, Cloak of Deception, The Dath Maul trilogy, Kenobi, Iron Fist, The Bacta war. Jedi Trial, The Cestus Deception, and I'm sure I can find some more.

cassekiel
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 4:53:16 PM

shmi15 wrote:
cassekiel wrote:
Maul-Ordo wrote:
AlexTheGreat wrote:

Also +1!

Also read The New Jedi Order series from Mathew Stover, Planet of Twilight also, Tatooine Ghosts, Cloak of Deception, The Dath Maul trilogy, Kenobi, Iron Fist, The Bacta war. Jedi Trial, The Cestus Deception, and I'm sure I can find some more.

Labrynth of Evil is great! Read it when RotS came out. I also really enjoyed the Vader book that followed events of RotS. Read Shadows of the Empire many years ago as well as all the Kotor comics, dark times comics, and lotf comics. Plus tons of video games. Loved it all.

Just started Heir to the Empire and it awesome so far. In a way I am kind of glad I waited on some of it because it makes the disappointment of the Disney stuff easier to deal with.

Anyway, I will add your recommendations to my list :) thanks!
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 5:29:59 PM

cassekiel wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
cassekiel wrote:
Maul-Ordo wrote:
AlexTheGreat wrote:

Also +1!

Labrynth of Evil is great! Read it when RotS came out. I also really enjoyed the Vader book that followed events of RotS. Read Shadows of the Empire many years ago as well as all the Kotor comics, dark times comics, and lotf comics. Plus tons of video games. Loved it all.

Just started Heir to the Empire and it awesome so far. In a way I am kind of glad I waited on some of it because it makes the disappointment of the Disney stuff easier to deal with.

Anyway, I will add your recommendations to my list :) thanks!

Are all of those comics part of the continuity of the EU? I was under the impression the DH comics, KOTOR comics, and LOTF comics were not part of the same timeline? I could be wrong, but for some reason I thought anything Dark Horse did wasn't considered "Star Wars"?

So is every Non Disney book considered "Legends", as in they all follow the same storyline with no plot holes, or things that run into each other? Genuine question here
cassekiel
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 6:02:58 PM

shmi15 wrote:

Are all of those comics part of the continuity of the EU? I was under the impression the DH comics, KOTOR comics, and LOTF comics were not part of the same timeline? I could be wrong, but for some reason I thought anything Dark Horse did wasn't considered "Star Wars"?

So is every Non Disney book considered "Legends", as in they all follow the same storyline with no plot holes, or things that run into each other? Genuine question here

As I understand it Disney is still producing some Legends material...and some "cannon" material in books and comics. As to what is what, at this point I do not know.

Honestly, during the Lucas Era it was just one timeline to me, although there were some inconsistencies here and there. I just looked at it as sometimes stories change as they are told over time. I am no expert on what was technically considered EU and what was alternate timeline. It is very possible the Dark Horse Comics were not part of the official EU. I just know I really liked them and because the KOTOR, Legacy, and Dark Times eras all eventually had their own expansions in SWM I just assumed. Might be wrong....