Range 6

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 86 - *TLJ Edition* New non-unique Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 8:15:14 PM
Groups: Member

swinefeld wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
Interestingly enough, CQF +8 Attack = Cost 22; no CQF & +12 Attack = cost 24. Go figure .....

That's why I consider cost-calculators a rather loose baseline, then try to factor in/out the 'intangibles', not that I'm very good at it either way. Laugh

aside:
I need to dig through my files for card templates and set up an app, because seeing stuff in card form is more fun (and practical, for gauging space concerns at least). BlooMilk

I bet most places in the forum have dead card links thanks to photobucket. If you have no where else to get templates, let me know and I'll email'em to you.

Re: calculators, you live/die by them. I don't claim to be perfect at costing. but I seem to be in most ball parks and am usually closer to right than wrong ... mostly RollEyes
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 10:27:35 PM

Surf! Welcome back, I knew the non-unique would get you in haha. And I agree wih Swine, bump cost and drop QCF as it doesn't really make sense when they are only attacking adjacent. You could use the space to give them another trick like armor, synergy or rapport -1 (or make it -2 and then you saved your cost calculations hahaha)
jak
Posted: Thursday, January 4, 2018 5:23:07 AM

jen'ari wrote:
All these people sitting out is LAME!

the smaller the choice of characters, the smaller the interested group of participants.

last week I stayed out. Finn & Rose are lameThumbDown
would have been better with Chewie and the Droids doing the side mission

when it's your turn, Jen, pick a broader list to choose from.ThumpUp
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, January 4, 2018 7:29:22 AM

jak wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
All these people sitting out is LAME!

when it's your turn, Jen, pick a broader list to choose from.ThumpUp

haha, I get a turn once a blue moon haha.

I hear ya though. I guess my predisposed 'fanboying' of The Last Jedi makes me think EVERYONE would be interested.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Thursday, January 4, 2018 7:33:05 PM

Lord_Ball
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 2:53:43 PM

I say go with the first one, it does a good job representing the basic functions of BB-9E. The second one seems more like the unique version (with guesses on it's other functions).
blemelisk
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 6:58:49 PM

surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 9:29:38 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Surf! Welcome back, I knew the non-unique would get you in haha. And I agree wih Swine, bump cost and drop QCF as it doesn't really make sense when they are only attacking adjacent. You could use the space to give them another trick like armor, synergy or rapport -1 (or make it -2 and then you saved your cost calculations hahaha)

Interesting that my card on my thread caused no waves (nothing ever does on my thread Cool ) but the second I repost it here everybody is bothered by the CQF; yeah it seems hinky without a ranged attack but my calc said it was cheaper than kicking the Attack up ... I'm ok with that.

However, to eliminate that argument, my new entry is

Resistance Squadron Leader I think its rather sad about how apparently small the Resistance is, so I've given them a way to "Recruit" some older veterans into the Resistance and give them a little bit extra. Shoot me, I'm soft hearted.

Cheers,

surf

EDIT

As a total throwaway (because I'm coughing/sneezing my head off this Entire winter break) I present an amusing card for you enjoyment (But the Squadron Leader is my entry .... )

Temple Caretaker

... well, at least "I" was amused by this one ....RollEyes

Cheers, Part 2

surf
blemelisk
Posted: Sunday, January 7, 2018 9:48:08 AM

BTW the Resistance version of the speeder I have submitted is my Submission for the CCC as it was the one seen in the movie as per the CCC rules this week. I made the rebel one mostly to compare the two.
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, January 7, 2018 12:35:13 PM

So..... Voting starts what day?
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, January 7, 2018 1:17:01 PM

1. Shimi
2. Surf
3. Jen
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, January 7, 2018 1:24:31 PM

1. Corran Horn
2. Surf Rider
3. Jenari
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, January 7, 2018 1:53:00 PM

1. Grievous - powerful piece, and enemy movement breaker in Imperials
2. Corranhorn - Great functional piece that does a lot
3. shmi15 - I still think it just does not do enough. i think the "splash damage" should still do more. either the same or 30 to 10 or something. cost 40 is a lot.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 4:40:48 AM

1 CorranHornsux123 - I can believe in the BB design as a surveillance droid, it just doesn't work for me as an astromech.
2 Grievous - The lone surviving Praetorian Guard entry (though it should probably have First Order)
3 surf
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 8:40:48 AM

Thoughts and apologies for not commenting (Nasty Flu this year, makes it hard to think ...)

GG - Elite Praetorian Guard. Last man standing, but no First Order (I'll give you that since its in the name.) No Snokes BG and as others have said, not sure about Ensnare ....

jak - Porg. Amusing.Braised is interesting, but the amount SA's as Schmi said .....

jen - Fathier. Is that what they called the horses? 80 pts sounds a little high. Also, while Trample is a great idea thematically, it seems to me it should have some caveat like "When 3 or more are within 6 squares" only because I don't think a single one could knock out anything except a wooden door. Don't think even a whole bunch could knock open an armored door...

shmi15 - Siege Cannon.Not sure where damage reduction comes from. Whole idea is great, yet tricky. Is two turns enough to "reload?" I don't think you could target anything not directly in front of it. Possibly a continuous beam that causes 50 damage (no save) for two turns, then if you want to change direction, lose a turn, then another to power up ... game mechanics are tough so its tough to say critique to be honest.

CorranHornsux123 - BB Droid. Interesting how yours is so different from BB-8. Not sure where Recon comes from. Can you "Recon" when surrounded by so many others from your squad? Not sure where It's a Trap comes from either ... Most Astromech droids only had 1-2 abilities besides Droid (I'll give you First Order & Wheel Form) but you've got 3, two of which it really didn't demonstrate ....

Blem - V-4X-D Ski Speeder (Resistance) Lot going on here for a junk heap that could barely fly. You make two saves before a move (Disrepair & Repair?) Did we even see them shot? Where does Penetration come from? And "Saving" .... 50 unpreventable damage? They never actually did anything so where did this come from and thats a Lot of damage for a junkheap although I'll give you its defeated at the end .... But you can basically trade 30-50 damage for a 20 pt piece? So 4-5 of these could take out a Bane or Revan .....

Let me think on this ......
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 10:28:02 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:

CorranHornsux123 - BB Droid. Interesting how yours is so different from BB-8. Not sure where Recon comes from. Can you "Recon" when surrounded by so many others from your squad? Not sure where It's a Trap comes from either ... Most Astromech droids only had 1-2 abilities besides Droid (I'll give you First Order & Wheel Form) but you've got 3, two of which it really didn't demonstrate ....

In the movie the FO BB unit noticed BB-8 and knew it wasn't FO it was a very small scene but thats where i got recon, and its a trap.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 10:34:28 AM

Surf, not a huge fan of disciplined leader on non-uniques, it's a workaround for bad Bastilla design haha. And feels weird when non-uniques have it and actual disciplined unique leaders don't. Though to be fair the contest is non-uniques and thematically/balance wise you are dead on. But perhaps you could have made it a camaraderie instead?

Blem, I really like your Rebel version and think it's well done and perfect, and actually would have taken first place for me. The resistance one has too many new abilities going on and could probably just have had lower Speed and stats or just something like: Malfunctioning (at the start of this character's turn, it takes 10 damage (or gets -4 speed until the end of the round) save 11. But I do appreciate anything for Huges!

CHS, still think it could have dropped recon but you made a great villain BB8 piece, and its actually quite good gameplay-wise!

Shmi, a fresh new idea, great stuff, I think you fudged the size down to huge but it wouldn't be the first time WOTC did it (see all Seps Huges). Death Star Tech is a bit wordy but it works. Only thing I would have done is change Siege Weapon to a more generic term like "Installation" so it could be used on other minis too. But epic points for creativity here.

Jen, it's unfortunate that the abilities are so wordy, but really you only have 4. And it really really works and is accurate. Conflicted here but overall I like it!

Jak, I'm thinking this is more of a humorous piece but it actually works pretty well. It does have a boatload of SAs for its low cost though but you may have something here as a base for future Porg development.

3rd Jen'ari
2nd Shmi
1st CHS
shmi15
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 11:28:20 AM

I honestly meant for it to be Colossal not Huge. That was my fault for not recognizing it before hand. :(
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 2:09:22 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Surf, not a huge fan of disciplined leader on non-uniques, it's a workaround for bad Bastilla design haha. And feels weird when non-uniques have it and actual disciplined unique leaders don't. Though to be fair the contest is non-uniques and thematically/balance wise you are dead on. But perhaps you could have made it a camaraderie instead?

Blem, I really like your Rebel version and think it's well done and perfect, and actually would have taken first place for me. The resistance one has too many new abilities going on and could probably just have had lower Speed and stats or just something like: Malfunctioning (at the start of this character's turn, it takes 10 damage (or gets -4 speed until the end of the round) save 11. But I do appreciate anything for Huges!

CHS, still think it could have dropped recon but you made a great villain BB8 piece, and its actually quite good gameplay-wise!

Shmi, a fresh new idea, great stuff, I think you fudged the size down to huge but it wouldn't be the first time WOTC did it (see all Seps Huges). Death Star Tech is a bit wordy but it works. Only thing I would have done is change Siege Weapon to a more generic term like "Installation" so it could be used on other minis too. But epic points for creativity here.

Jen, it's unfortunate that the abilities are so wordy, but really you only have 4. And it really really works and is accurate. Conflicted here but overall I like it!

Jak, I'm thinking this is more of a humorous piece but it actually works pretty well. It does have a boatload of SAs for its low cost though but you may have something here as a base for future Porg development.

3rd Jen'ari
2nd Shmi
1st CHS

I couldnt use the Rebel one as it wasnt in the movie.
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 2:13:29 PM

1: GG: I liked your elite guard, though there should be more variations (small changes) you made a very good base one.
2: Jen'ari: A mount for star wars, I like it. Wish we had more like these as there were a good number of them in the DnD game.
3: CHS: It ....might be a bit low cost, but I do like this BB 8 unit. Very simple straight forward utility.