RegisterDonateLogin

Made the Kessel Run in less than 12 glasses.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 87- Master and student Options
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 7:31:04 PM
Groups: Member

Alright guys I'm gonna try to do something different this week.

Your goal is to Take a master and student/apprentice or two people who work very well together either seen in shows, tv, ect, or in books.

You have to take those two characters and combine them into 1 piece being as thematic and accurate as you can. The characters must be Large or Huge Base, point cost is going to be irrelevant because the goal is to shoot for who has the best thematic piece. Good Luck Guys!

1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Jan 13, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, Jan 15th, 2018..
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.

Here is my piece guys!
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28549/darth-bane-and-darth-zannah
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 4:55:29 AM

Grrr...
I really don't like dual Unique pieces, but since I sat out the last 3 I'll throw this into the ring.

Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-wan Kenobi
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 6:55:02 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
Grrr...
I really don't like dual Unique pieces, but since I sat out the last 3 I'll throw this into the ring.

Indeed .... ANOTHER Epic Piece ......
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:09:17 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28620/exar-kun-and-ulic-qel-droma

ok I decided to go all out. I want this piece to be actually competitive.
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 3:04:20 PM

General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 3:52:27 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Lord_Ball wrote:
Grrr...

Doesn't have to be unique, go generic Sith/Jedi master and apprentice!
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 8:16:01 PM

CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:02:13 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
Lord_Ball wrote:
Grrr...

You are correct! and they also dont have to be force users! you do a han and chewie or jango and young boba.ThumpUp ThumpUp
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 3:08:01 AM

After almost 2 weeks I'm finally back online. I'll come up with somehting by weeks end.
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 7:23:02 AM

I will submit one, and I will keep it Canon with the Disney Universe. I already have an idea, just need to figure out exactly the route I want to go
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 7:47:49 AM

First Rough Draft of it. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28623/the-dark-disciples
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 4:11:00 PM

surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 7:27:00 PM

CorranHornsux123 wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
Lord_Ball wrote:
Grrr...

You are correct! and they also dont have to be force users! you do a han and chewie or jango and young boba.ThumpUp ThumpUp

Never said Epic pieces had to be Force users; But the only Duo's below 70 pts are Chewie/Ewoks. Luke/Leia (and a low powerd Luke at that) & Anakin/Padme (and again a reasonably low powered Anakin.)

Pretty much everything presented is an Epic level piece that at minimum (and conservitavely) costs 80+. Now, I'm not saying any entry is bad (some are quite good) but I was just stating my distaste for Epic, and lets call it what it is. My "Real" comment is that we've been leaning towards high costing pieces (and yes Corran, they tend to be Uniques when that high powered.) IMHO there's more art to trying to create a low costing piece; a Luke or Bane with 10-15 SA's/FP's is quite easy to whip up (being careful mind you) in comparison to a useful 10 pt piece.

PS
CorranHornsux123 wrote:
Alright guys I'm gonna try to do something different this week.

Actualy Corran, this Isn't anything different its the ongoing trend ... majority of our contests seem geared to higher costing pieces ... IMO

My sermon is over; the preacher will shut up now, as usual with apoligies. RollEyes

General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 10:18:18 PM

Hahaha still waiting on your non-uniques Surf! I'll do one if you do one haha. After all there is only so many times I can post Rianna Saren and Zeeo as a dual piece and hope it gets made hahaha. I'll get one up shortly
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 11:08:50 PM

Boom way out of left field:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28628/firefighter-battle-droids

Technically fits the theme as you never fight fire alone hahaha, also see Clone Wars episodes for appearances:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Firefighter_droid/Legends
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 3:44:19 AM

I don't know surf. High costing pieces are much harder to get right because their is so much more at stake if you don't.

If it is not powerful enough than you lose automatically. 80 points and it is not powerful is a huge deal.

Small pieces that are helpful are easy to come by the only hard part is making a new ability on a small piece that is not too powerful. But costing small pieces is much safer and easier.

I mean a made an exar ulic that costs 200. It is the whole squad. Hard thing to do, but I think 2 of the mightiest sith Lords should cost 200 if done right sometimes.

But tbh it gets kind of old listening to the whining and your opinion on the matter all the time
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 7:32:15 AM

jen'ari wrote:
But tbh it gets kind of old listening to the whining and your opinion on the matter all the time

Fair enough! But, also tbh, I disagree that smaller pieces are easier. Epics, when costing and you're unsure, can be costed up to err on the side of caution; you screw up a smaller piece and its over costed, you've failed. An Epic piece, well does it really matter if it costs 150 or 160? Not as big a deal and probably not a deal breaker in and of itself.

... and I never mentioned that Epics on cards are a bitch, but that's a whole other matter ......
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 8:16:13 AM

I actually wasn't planning At All about entering anything (my usual raesons) but jen made me feel bad about haranguing my fellow Bloo people so I present

Jedi Masters Raskta Lsu & Worror Dowmat

Lsu, the greatest duelest of her era (and therefore possibly ever) with Master Dowmat providing Jedi Battle Meditation. Lsu actually may have been able to beat Bane before Zannah got to Dowmat and then Lsu from behind.

This piece should be able to literally beat anyone one on one .... should. Actually haven't play tested it yet (may never) and as usual, its costing could be off 10-20 pts. At this level, difficult it is to see, the future is.

Cheers,

surf
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 9:43:24 AM

Surf, is this piece costed at 180?
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 9:57:41 AM

Well Surf that is one heck of a good entry. It should beat any melee piece one one one for sure.
It can drop 130 damage on one piece while using Overwhelming Force. If it has Ataru Mastery going on while adjacent 6 attacks it can drop 220 damage with Overwhelming.
if 6 away and throwing while AM is on she can still OF and meditate for 120 damage but could still LP +20 one for 140 damage possible from distance while AM is on. Or if not she can do 80 from 6 squares. Throw 2, OF, LP 20 LP 20 or 100 if not using OF.
28 defense against melee force users and parry means she is not dieing easy. Acrobatic makes it so she can get to where she needs to be.