RegisterDonateLogin

Has brought peace, freedom, and security to the new Empire.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 87- Master and student Options
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 3:29:54 PM
Groups: Member

1. Spry

2. Surf

3. Jen

Alot of good entries guys!
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 3:48:43 PM

1. Caedus

2. Spry

3. Jenari
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 4:35:02 PM

1. alex the great that djem so shien mix is beautiful (and ended up on mine b/c I could not think of a better way to represent what Shien does)

2. Surf any piece that makes me look up the character is a favorite. It was fun to learn about them and I love the melee love.

3. Shmi15 - I would have kept invisibility and toher things, but I was late commenting

GG - I LOVE the idea and can see it being used in reserves and reinforcements when needed

CorranHornsux i wish it had SSM and you maybe dropped Bubble. As is it has no real mobility and can only do 40 damage from 8 squares (using 3 force to do so). Once the piece dies, its game over. Ysalamiri would eat it up pretty badly as would other mobile type shooters. but Sith does not offer it very much in terms of support.

LordBall - I love the idea, I just can't see 40 damage ever being enough to play it, but it begs the question. Can you bring in other faction Kenobi's? like Obi-Wan unleashed or Mando Obi?

Spryguy - just kind of a jack of all trades so its well put together there is just nothing that stands out in it. assault twin for the movement damage. blanket defense to fall on (with boost to roll if required) if DA2 doesnt work. damage boost, but also auto damage opportunity as well. For 85 it is fine, I just do not feel the Revan/Malak in it.

Caedus I really enjoyed the "your not going to be able to stop it when I am doing it" feel of Caedus who was kind of like that. and with Bandon it can do some serious smacking. with GMA though and Bandon and a Ghost it can potential do 4 attacks at 40 damage twice. which is kind of insane. If you init you can drop 320 damage before anyone can activate. but i think that FP might end of being a problem since Master Illusion will eat it up. Shooters ought to hit him pretty well with the 19 defense as well. So it looks like it will win some games pretty easily and lose some as well.
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 4:42:31 PM

P.S. sorry to take away from the voting but want to discuss it before I forget.

What to people think about not costing their pieces?

I, personally, feel that the cost is a very very important part of the design.
I think in the future i will, personally, not vote for a piece that doesn't have a cost but I wanted to get others opinions before that became a set in my head position.
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 4:54:59 PM

jen'ari wrote:
P.S. sorry to take away from the voting but want to discuss it before I forget.

What to people think about not costing their pieces?

I, personally, feel that the cost is a very very important part of the design.
I think in the future i will, personally, not vote for a piece that doesn't have a cost but I wanted to get others opinions before that became a set in my head position.

For this particular week, he actually stated cost was not an issue, and to not cost the character. But I do agree. Its hard to judge anything without a cost. But no knock on the decision this week.
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 10:12:41 PM

Alex, still think every piece isn't finished without a cost but I guess the challenge this week can be without one. I think if you had costed it right this would have definitely been in my top three. Solid simple choices on fitting abilities and excellent Clone Wars vibe.

Shmi, I loved he source material for this piece and think you did an excellent job creating it. It may have a couple too many abilities but darn it excellent job.

Jen'ari, different choice making a scenario-Esque piece and it would be interesting running a squad up against it. I'm just trying to imagine an epic card that would fit it all on.

LB, nice to have you back in! And I really like your Force power selection on them, I do still think your No One ability is pretty wordy/complex (could have probably been the appendix description) which is probably the only thing keeping it from being in the top for me.

CHS, everything seems to fit and works well. You were actually tied with my top three selection so it was a hard choice which one I enjoyed more. Great theme!

3rd, Surf, for disliking epics you sure did an amazing job creating a balanced one hahaha. Excellent theme and I appreciate you keeping them simpler for a heavy!
2nd Caedus, cool uncommon common pairing that fills neat niche role in an anti-Vong beatstick force user(s).
1st Spry, excellent design and great CE, only thing is I think you could have tossed an obscure power that replaces turn on them to fully take advantage of Force attuned. But KOTOR feel good is great!

Excellent job all!
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 4:54:58 AM

Guys I apologize, I must have misunderstood what corran said about costing our pieces. In the description he said that costing is irrelevant cause the point is to make thematic pieces, so I thought that not costing wouldn't be an issue. Than GG says that my piece isn't in his top 3 cause is not costed. What should I do???? Follow this weeks CREATOR'S orders OR the PEOPLE'S preference????
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 6:21:26 AM

People's preference gets votes I guess. Pamper the people!
I voted without worrying about cost this time round. I think that cost should not ever be allowed to be ignored in the future is what I was trying to say and discuss. Cost is an essential part imo.
People will probably vote how they feel they should. But since it was said not to worry I hope they do their best to not make it a factor this week
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 7:33:36 AM

Thanks jen'ari! I totally agree with you by the way.I just costed my piece so I won't lose any other vote,I believe that it had to be clear right from the start. I guess that I have to learn the hard way!
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 8:14:49 AM

AlexTheGreat wrote:
Thanks jen'ari! I totally agree with you by the way.I just costed my piece so I won't lose any other vote,I believe that it had to be clear right from the start. I guess that I have to learn the hard way!

It was clear, he did say cost doesn't matter. But, its really hard to just look at a piece and say its better, without a cost. I mean, I was punished b/c some thought mine had to many SA. Number of SA was never a part of the rules either, but some people decided to punish people for somethings, and others for other things. Its just for fun tho, so its no biggie to me. But I do think costing pieces is the entire point of creating a custom. Just me. But this week, someone else won, and this is what they chose. I think you did fine this week. Just continue doing it, and follow the rules. The voters will vote how they vote, I mean, look at our President! lol

Just to show you how funny it is, One guy said mine had to many Abilities (16 total including Unique Melee and Force Powers) 1 of which is a squad restriction (rival) and the other is both helpful and just as hurtful, Anarchist.

But, he then voted a guy who had 17 SA at 3, His second place guy had 15 SA with a CE, and his first place guy was at 14 SA. Its all subjective and fun, don't let it get to you!
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 8:31:07 AM

Exactly everyone did a solid job so you have to knit-pick to actually choose each person's top ones. Heck I got no votes I thought I went super outside the box and easily had the least abilities and lowest cost hahaha. Cost helps make a complete package and easier to judge. May not be a requirement but it definitely helps.
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 4:49:25 PM

1. GG
2. LB
3. Surf
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 5:31:46 PM

So here are the votes so far guys anyone still need to vote?

spryguy1981 wrote:
1. GG
2. LB
3. Surf

General_Grievous wrote:
1. Spry
2. Caedus
3. Surf

Jen'ari wrote:
1. Alex
2. Surf
3. GG

Shmi15 wrote:
1. Caedus
2. Spry
3. Jen'ari

Corranhornsux123 wrote:
1. Spry
2. Surf
3. Jen'ari

Caedus wrote:
1 Spry
2 Surf
3 Jen'ari
Caedus
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 5:36:54 PM

1 Spry
2 Surf
3 Jen'ari
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 5:54:33 PM

1 jen'ari
2 Lord Ball
3 Shmi15
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 5:57:14 PM

CorranHornsux123 wrote:
So here are the votes so far guys anyone still need to vote?

spryguy1981 wrote:
1. GG
2. LB
3. Surf

General_Grievous wrote:
1. Spry
2. Caedus
3. Surf

Jen'ari wrote:
1. Alex
2. Surf
3. GG

Shmi15 wrote:
1. Caedus
2. Spry
3. Jen'ari

Corranhornsux123 wrote:
1. Spry
2. Surf
3. Jen'ari

Caedus wrote:
1 Spry
2 Surf
3 Jen'ari

As much as I appreciate the free point, Jen'ari picked Shmi for his third spot, not me haha
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 5:58:57 PM

I think Spry has it by quick count
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 8:04:52 PM

I didn't count but I will not be in this next week on account of being on a cruise with Janelle. Woot woot!
Don't have too much fun without me
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 10:12:27 PM

jen'ari wrote:
I didn't count but I will not be in this next week on account of being on a cruise with Janelle. Woot woot!
Don't have too much fun without me

You will be missed but enjoy the cruise brother!
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2018 5:01:08 AM

1 Caedus
2 surf As cool as flavor text is, catering to you inner Perfect Card creator I would drop it in favor of LS Duelists definition.
3 spry Not too over the top so extra props for that. Though I don't personally see the Sith versions of these characters as "on the same page", at least not like their Jedi counterparts.