RegisterDonateLogin

Just like Beggar's Canyon back home.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 89 Unique Force User Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 12:48:07 PM
Groups: Member

jen'ari wrote:
@surf the only problem I have with the piece is the possibilities of the learn a force power thingy.
She can grab Sith Battle Manipulation or Force Lightning 4?
These are things that I do not know if she could learn. or Aiing-tii flowwalking?

Was she that powerful? I have not read on her a lot. but creating Force Storms for instance at the level of some of the old masters or Sidious is not something someone can do from reading about it right? It makes sense in my head that what I am saying is right, but I do not know if the character has a history of like learning about something and than mastering it.
Shatterpoint is a very unique skill, you know?

You see, I never actually played the game. But if she learned some esoteric Sith abilities when she went Dark, how did she do it? "Powerful Jedi ... she proved to be as proficient with dark-sided Force powers" is what Wook says. How did she learn the Dark stuff?? I have no idea ... but if she can learn Drain, which is pretty nasty, who says she can't learn something else. Isn't most of what we do extrapolation? Now you're getting into this Waaaaay more than I ever intended. Did she have Sith holocrons that explained stuff? I have no idea and neither does anyone else, but as the Historian if anybody did, she did.

How does Marn know what he's "stealing" and how it works?? Now we're getting picky people RollEyes Atris would have a better chance of understanding a force power than Marn understanding a tricky CE.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 12:55:56 PM

I dont know if I am getting too deep. Con Artist is the idea that you are a part of the other squad. I think it fits moreso on Quinlan Vos. But either way the idea of stealing a tremendously powerful very unique force power is what I don't really see happening.
I wonder if there is a way it can be force power that costs 2 or less or something? would that defeat the purpose of the ability?
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 1:02:25 PM

jen'ari wrote:
I dont know if I am getting too deep. Con Artist is the idea that you are a part of the other squad. I think it fits moreso on Quinlan Vos. But either way the idea of stealing a tremendously powerful very unique force power is what I don't really see happening.
I wonder if there is a way it can be force power that costs 2 or less or something? would that defeat the purpose of the ability?

It would make the ability ... not what I want. When she left the Jedi, how many holocrons did she take? Did the other Jedi even Know if she had holocrons, even Sith ones? I say she did, and she learned/was corrupted and opened to the Dark Side from them .....
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 1:36:08 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

It would make the ability ... not what I want. When she left the Jedi, how many holocrons did she take? Did the other Jedi even Know if she had holocrons, even Sith ones? I say she did, and she learned/was corrupted and opened to the Dark Side from them .....

Id word it like " Jedi Historian; When this character is within line of sight to an enemy force power being used make a save of 11, on a success this character gains that force power until the end of next round."

That way if she wants to copy ABM or something like it she has to be within line of sight to "Study" the force power being used.
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2018 7:17:52 AM

Ok, I fought real hard on what to do here. And I went with the character that actually got me into Minis. Darth Krayt.

I wanted to make a piece that could use as many of his One Sith Darth's as possible, but not run into the classic door control situation. Satchel Charge could be changed to a SA that I could make called "Lightsaber Breach" Which would do the exact same thing but just have Lightsaber and hand that out instead. Love some advice and feedback on a tighter route to go with him.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28141/darth-krayt--leader-of-the-one-sith

spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2018 3:38:52 PM

I revamped an old design of mine to try and bring it closer to the canon portrayal.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/24342/darth-angral
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2018 3:31:20 PM

Does it all end today?
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2018 4:17:22 PM

shmi15 wrote:
Does it all end today?

Now, Now, youngster, I'm sure the sun will rise tomorrow; no need to fear. RollEyes
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2018 5:39:07 PM

1. GG

2. Surf_rider

3. Lord_Ball
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2018 6:27:37 PM

1. Spry

2. GG

3. Surf
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2018 6:50:27 PM

1. CC Sux

2. Jenari

3. Surf
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2018 7:41:36 AM

Alex, may have been able to simplify MPIH but otherwise solid piece! And anything that gets more Huges into play is good in my book.

Jen, interesting angle on Obi, but for 43 points being able to deep strike 16 squares and deal 90 damage with Ani and that's even after the usual sneaky Republic movement breaking, it may be too under-costed here. R2/Panaka/Mas make this piece crazy powerful for his low cost.

Surf, that is an ingenious idea and I really think we need this in the game. Jedi Historian is fantastic, and it's like she's looking up the holocron for whatever enemy she's facing. Excellent job. Only thing I may have considered changing is making Force Slow not replace attacks as it probably won't get used in place of whatever powerful power she stole or attacking. But that's just nit-picking.

CHS, you made some solid design changes and maintained your theme. Great job here creating a new angle on Bane.

LB, I applaud the difficult choice, and especially like your CE. Nice to have a built in Bastilla counter too. Not sure of Self-Destruct Sequence on him but I see your reasoning.

Shmi, good angle on a low-cost Krayt. Manipulation is an interesting take and overall good job and nice changes.

Spry, a bit ability heavy but I really like lightning shield and Deceptive is a great fit.

Overall have to go with:

3rd Alex
2nd CHS
1st Surf
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2018 3:19:58 PM

First thoughts .....

Alex - Maris. I always liked Maris but she was Just a Tad too expensive; I could get the same from something else for cheaper. Ok, to the point .... its the Rancor Reserve. Everything else would indeed cost 34. But the Reserves ... allow me to demonstrate. WOTC Mon Mothma. Without her Reserves, just a walking CE ... maybe worth 7-8 pts. Slap a 20 Reserve, 23 pts. Nute Gunray; No SA's tp speak of, horrible CE .. yet worth 30 pts, because of Reserves/Reenforcements.

My Point, being kind, she's probably 10-12 pts undercosted. Which brings me back into WOTC range and for Me at least, not quite worth it. But I Do like the character.

jen - Obi. Lots of discussion here already and as you and I have already discussed, we look at things differently so I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on costing things. I think he's waaay undercosted and you don't. Fair enough.

CHS - Bane. Well, he's certainly been hammered out and about since the start. On a side note, when this happens and a character changes this much ... makes me think who's character IS it, our's or the original creator's? But I digress. He fits a card now, you've modified him as "we" asked ... a good question is are You happy with him? He seems ... less than he started and pretty vulnerable to ranged attacks, Armor or not. Heck of a Beat Stick however.

GG - Ventriss. Yes I read the book. Sacrifice makes sense; my question would be what character is worth sacrificing a 50 pt piece for? Not saying there aren't any reasons (especially if Ventriss is way down in HP's herself,) but its an interesting question.

LB - Ooroo. Self Destruct on a Jedi is interesting. Not sure how I feel about a Force 2 power that cancels out other Battle Meditations; sounds like it should be Force 3 or even 4 ... and since he has so little else to him, he's almost a walking 28 pt JB Meditationer, Period. At least the other OR Battle Meditation pieces can do something else in addition to that.

shmi - Krayt. Certainly streamlined from where you started from. Still not sure about Manipulation. If he's the first character, does that mean I don't have to use my second activation (a la Dodonna?) Just activate 1 character in addition to other granted activations or instead of other activations? Not sure if I like this more than the WOTC Krayt. Is his sole reason for existance handing out One Sith because thats where the piece seemed to originally be headed? The CE is good.

spry - Angral. Not ure what to say; I had some questions on the piece and never really got answers so ....

Thinking. Will get to this tomorrow morn if not tonight.

Peace,

surf
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2018 3:52:03 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
First thoughts .....

CHS - Bane. Well, he's certainly been hammered out and about since the start. On a side note, when this happens and a character changes this much ... makes me think who's character IS it, our's or the original creator's? But I digress. He fits a card now, you've modified him as "we" asked ... a good question is are You happy with him? He seems ... less than he started and pretty vulnerable to ranged attacks, Armor or not. Heck of a Beat Stick however.

surf

I like what he does now although i didnt fix his cost after i made the changes so i would roughly put him about 61-65 points a good melee beatstick but very vulnerable to range like all banes usually are lol
Lord_Ball
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2018 4:56:22 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
First thoughts .....
LB - Ooroo. Self Destruct on a Jedi is interesting. Not sure how I feel about a Force 2 power that cancels out other Battle Meditations; sounds like it should be Force 3 or even 4 ... and since he has so little else to him, he's almost a walking 28 pt JB Meditationer, Period. At least the other OR Battle Meditation pieces can do something else in addition to that.

He's designed to really mess with your opponents dice. He's not one much for offense (and why should he), but between his CE and Force Alter he can seriously mess with your opponents dice. He's definitely more finesse than straight forward. I went Force 2, as If utilized to his fullest he'd burn through the FPs pretty fast, or die trying.

Edit: Plus the original Battle Meditation is only Force 2, but replaces attack this is more a true successor of that hence the greater power level being replaces turn instead, but due to the horrible design of ABM the first part of the ability was necessary.
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2018 5:21:16 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

Alex - Maris. I always liked Maris but she was Just a Tad too expensive; I could get the same from something else for cheaper. Ok, to the point .... its the Rancor Reserve. Everything else would indeed cost 34. But the Reserves ... allow me to demonstrate. WOTC Mon Mothma. Without her Reserves, just a walking CE ... maybe worth 7-8 pts. Slap a 20 Reserve, 23 pts. Nute Gunray; No SA's tp speak of, horrible CE .. yet worth 30 pts, because of Reserves/Reenforcements.

surf

Surf I'm considering all the things you said and I totaly agree with you. Let me tell you that I do share the same opinion for costing. It's just the first time I was creating a piece with Reserves/Reenforcements and I wasn't really sure about the cost. Perhaps if you or someone else had made a comment about Maris Broods cost I would have changed it cause I'm always open on any suggestion! Anyway, next time...
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2018 5:47:28 PM

3 surf Jedi Historian is great as force slow and breach. I would love to see her with a lightsaber style though, Juyo for example. Great work!

2 GG As I commented Fringe jedi are always welcome! Very accurate representation of the books. It makes me happy when I see a jedi with a lightsaber form. I just loved TLT! Thumps up!

1 Lord Ball MAN!!!! I had no idea this one existed. I looked this character up and I believe that it must have been really difficult to make it right. But you did! Nice character in overall, right cost IMO, very accurate! Awesome work!
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2018 7:48:11 PM

I think for the low odds of it coming in, the fact it only triggers once, and the final fact that a lone rancor isn't that strong, and I think Cost is fine or at least close enough haha
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2018 4:40:02 AM

1. Shmi
2. Jen
3. GG
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2018 5:31:39 AM

1 GG - Not sure why, but I always liked Asajj, that said I have not read the Dark Disciples book. A decently effective version of her would be welcome in my book (Twin Saber Throw, move, Jar'kai for the win)!

2 CH - Maybe a bit much going on here, if anything were to be cut I'd say Jedi Hatred, as he can get his bonus damage from Sith Rage. Overall A decent Bane representation

3 Surf - Concern over Jedi Historians impact is warranted, and only through testing would it be determined if it's too much, Thematically it's great though.

Was a tough choice picking 3.

Alex - I wasn't too keen on the 1 time use Rancor Reserves until I realized Lobot only costs 15 and has reserves 30, so cost wise and the fact that it's restricted makes it not really a problem. Overall not a bad Maris, very different take on her than the other version, but nothing wrong with that, she just didn't quite excite me enough to not be edged out of the top 3.

jen'ari - The main thing here I'm not overly excited about is the LS Defense and Soresu combo. Largely due to the overlap. I do agree with other that a cost bump is likely in order, Obi-wan has a distinct void in costs for the higher 40's low 50's range, and with what this one offers would fit in there nicely.

shmi - For a cheap Krayt this seems to be pretty good, I would suggest dropping Leader of the One Sith and just make it part of his CE as "At the end of this characters turn, 1 ally with a force rating within 6 squares." Simply because he had a lot of "Hands" and it just feels cleaner.

spry - The Rapport might be a bit much, -2 to -5 feels right to me, then again I never tried to play with Malgus either, but he doesn't seem like he's that far overcosted for what he can do.