20D
12Attack
20 damage

My guy has

100HP
18D
10Attack
20 damage

So I have 10 more HP, but 2 less defense, and 2 less attack.

We both have Unique,Damage Reduction 10,Twin, and Flight

He has Speed 16, Mounted Weapon, Mobile Attack, and Harpoon gun ( He also has a Force Rating and 4 starting Force Points)

I have Pilot, Air Approach, Speed 10 and Targeting.

For 6 points less (My guy) I would say it is VERY comparable to Lukes Snowspeeder. I think it could actually be a bit cheaper?Considering we both have 8 SA, his base stats are better and he has a Force rating with 4FP

Was someone objecting to Poe's X-Wing? ... although comparing a snowspeeder and X-Wing wouldn't really work but thats another story.
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 8:17:14 AM
Groups: Member

surf_rider56 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
Alright, so in comparison, Lukes Snowspeeder has

90HP
20D
12Attack
20 damage

My guy has

100HP
18D
10Attack
20 damage

So I have 10 more HP, but 2 less defense, and 2 less attack.

We both have Unique,Damage Reduction 10,Twin, and Flight

He has Speed 16, Mounted Weapon, Mobile Attack, and Harpoon gun ( He also has a Force Rating and 4 starting Force Points)

I have Pilot, Air Approach, Speed 10 and Targeting.

For 6 points less (My guy) I would say it is VERY comparable to Lukes Snowspeeder. I think it could actually be a bit cheaper?Considering we both have 8 SA, his base stats are better and he has a Force rating with 4FP

Was someone objecting to Poe's X-Wing? ... although comparing a snowspeeder and X-Wing wouldn't really work but thats another story.

No, no one was objecting. I was just doing a little comparison of something thats out there, and what I was trying to make better. I was comparing the way I costed him, and what I based him around to Luke's Snowspeeder.
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 4:29:12 PM

Ok, I made this before, but have updated it for this CCC.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27878/storm-skimmer

It supposed to be roughly the same size as the speeder bike the scouts used on Endor (which in game are Large)*

I added an armor type as it is described as having armor and 2 heavy weapons.

It is fast and it is def should have Flight. I gave it GMA speed 10 and triple as they were heavy repeating weapons.

*im certainly looking for input on this.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 1:11:56 AM

Really wanted to do Separatist, but also wanted a Phantom for my Ghost Crew friends. This is my compromise:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30713/ap-5-in-phantom-2
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 1:28:54 AM

Can I just interrupt the creativity for a moment and just say well done guys, this week is one of my favorites so far. You guys have really blown away my basic idea and fleshed out a ton of sweet options. A solid cheap Cloud Car, creative iconic hero fighters, freaking dinosaurs! *slow clap* well done.

Going to be very hard to pick this week.

Anyways keep at it and for anyone just checking it out please feel free to jump in and join!
shmi15
Posted: Friday, February 2, 2018 7:47:33 AM

Final time frame to make changes!
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, February 2, 2018 8:09:48 AM

Well, its Friday and not sure if I'll be around tomorrow so to clarify, I'm going with the Cloud City Security Pod-Car.
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, February 2, 2018 8:30:12 PM

shmi15
Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 6:33:50 AM

Surf

Lord Ball - It just seems more than Pod should do IMO. I would've been behind a low 20 movement breaker that has self destruct or something when it dies. Cool ability with Angle Bank tho! Kudos tho for being very creative with your design choice.

GTGW (Gandalf) I love the shields defense, I wish I would've used it in mine honestly, great idea. I don't know if its mold breaking tho on the intent. JSB as of now follows targeting rules, so its very situational, especially replacing turn. I like the design of a Stealth Fighter tho.

AlexTheGreat -I wish you had costed this one 39, b/c they had to be under 40, lol. Because I love UTF on this guy, its so perfect. Other than that tho, it doesn't have anything that says it can stand up to breaking the mold of Huge's. Although I will say, for plain jane thematics, its about spot on.

Jen'ari - Locked on is cool, maybe a bit powerful, but if thats the CCC this week its great to make it playable. I think you chose a good faction to start with, as Thrawn works with this guy and he can be swapped with an At-ST ( how about that!) Even better tho, is the Ewok Catapult starting in the middle of the map, swapping in Vader and Locking On and dropping a potential 50 on the first auto crit, and then twin at 16/30. I also think this is pretty thematic.

Swinefeld - I'm not gonna lie, I actually really like this piece. That is some serious flanking support, lol. You stuck about as true to the CCC as can be, and you did it with a Unique twist. I think you could've dropped Mobile, because I'm not sure it works well with them? Maybe it does tho. Love a Fringe Mount, movement for the Sith!

CorranHornSux - This is an absolute brick of a piece. Having Savage opens it up to so many CE, and being Fringe gives it more room to fit in squads. This guy is probably way undercosted to have Mount tho with those stats on him. Althugh.. Him in a Sith squad with Exar mounting him would be fun! lol.

Blemelisk - Another great choice of faction to build this in. Swapping with the Ewok Catapult in the middle of the map, triple then GMA away. I think this guy can be cannoned in Imps also right?35 points is very aggressively costed, but, I think that is part of the rules... So in that eye sight, its a very good way to have a Huge army work.

General Grievous - I like this for the movement... But.. other than that. I'm not on board with 6 characters attacking from 1 spot :( I just think that could be a lot of easy damage to toss around. I do like the Shields ability as I said before. Thats a great idea I wish I had used :(

SpryGuy - Being in Fringe opens this thing up to many synergies across the board. Seps I'm not sure of all boosts, but I feel like Huge's have some kind of boost in them,again, love the Shields, I think thats the best thing to use for Ships, wish I would've done that. I'm anti Strafe attack :(, but I get where this is coming from I think. flying over people and just laying down fire?

1st Blemelisk

2nd Jen'ari

3rd Spryguy

Before I make my voting final... What am I actually voting on? Making a Huge playable? I.E. Ignore aggressive costing and go with the one thats most playable, OR the one that represents whats being made the most?

I read the rules, but its a bit unclear to me on what I am actually voting for..
Lord_Ball
Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 9:36:17 AM

Well official voting doesn't start until 8pm
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 11:08:44 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

shmi15 wrote:

GTGW (Gandalf) I love the shields defense, I wish I would've used it in mine honestly, great idea. I don't know if its mold breaking tho on the intent. JSB as of now follows targeting rules, so its very situational, especially replacing turn. I like the design of a Stealth Fighter tho.

It doesn't follow targeting rules. Or at least that's not what I intended for it to do.
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 11:46:16 AM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

It doesn't follow targeting rules. Or at least that's not what I intended for it to do.

I don't think it reads as following targeting rules, it even says those exact words in the power haha.

Also the contest challenge this week is a huge character with flight and <40 points cost. That's it. Vote as you like it
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, February 4, 2018 9:46:05 AM

1. Swine

2. Shimi

3. Surf
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, February 4, 2018 2:41:48 PM

1. GG
2. Surf
3. Shmi
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, February 4, 2018 3:15:27 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

1: surf
2: shmi
3: AlexTheGreat
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 4:56:02 AM

1 CH123
2 Blem
3 spry
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 5:27:20 AM

1. blemelisk
2. Corranhornsux
3. spryguy
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 7:15:03 AM

3 gandalf

2 GG

1 Surf
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 9:01:35 AM

shmi15 wrote:
Surf

Lord Ball - It just seems more than Pod should do IMO. I would've been behind a low 20 movement breaker that has self destruct or something when it dies. Cool ability with Angle Bank tho! Kudos tho for being very creative with your design choice.

shmi, now I know few people comment on my stuff, but everybody Except me got a blurb/thoughts? Now Thats just not nice! .....Mellow
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 9:33:28 AM

AlexTheGreat wrote:

3 gandalf

2 GG

1 Surf

I'm assuming here that Gandalf came in 1st and has 3 points?