RegisterDonateLogin

The secret 61st mini.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 91 - Support or Tech Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 9:39:57 AM
Groups: Member

I'm a little tired of the big stuff, so back to what I like. Go small or go home.

This week, the challenge is to create a support or tech piece. No Force users, no direct shooters (although you may have a weapon if it replaces attacks.) Any faction, no more than 16 pts. Drop the guns and lightsabers people; lets see what you got.

1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Feb 10th, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, Feb 12th, 2018..
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.

Good Luck.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 10:19:45 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30732/mandalorian-weaponsmith

Stealth and cloaked hate and overload!
but mandos do not have much for overload to relaly be devastating about as far as i know.

EDIT: thorium charge and overload, bye bye doors everywhere.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 1:12:46 PM

Cant decide which one to use ill have decision before voting begins!

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/16084/ancient-sith-statue
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 1:23:14 PM

I've actuall had 4-6 guys that I couldn't figure out what to do with them, so I picked two at random and let you guys decide ....

Dexter Jettster, Jedi Informant

I've had Dexter laying around in one form or another since 2011; I saw someone mention him in another thread so I said "Why not?" Informant is an interesting ability I think.

Spec Force Grenadier We've had grenades and grenade launchers for awhile, so why not a grenadier with and actual green launcher mortar?

This is what I ment when I said tech or support. Looking forward to see what others do.

Cheers,

surf

shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 1:52:31 PM

Interesting choice this week..... So it can be a Unique but has to have Melee attack... But also can not have a Lightsaber or a Force rating? Is this correct?
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:06:02 PM

Torn Surf, on one hand we don't have a Dex yet and yours is simple and fitting (directing other characters where to go) but the Mortar crew is pretty epic too, I think I like him better for his cool theme and my military background making me biased hahaha. But you could safely run with either!

As for me... hmm do I go with classic Sep huge support or do I dig into my dark Vong side?
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:08:22 PM

shmi15 wrote:
Interesting choice this week..... So it can be a Unique but has to have Melee attack... But also can not have a Lightsaber or a Force rating? Is this correct?

No, it doesn't have to be melee, but it can't really have an Attack high enough to be worth using (can't really be a shooter; the MTB doesn't have melee, but if you're relying on him to Be a shooter you're either in deep trouble or a fool Cool Rebel Agent is a Stealth/Spotter; if you got him for his +2 Attack can I play against you next?
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:09:25 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
.... or do I dig into my dark Vong side?

You have a Dark Vong Side??????????
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 3:36:30 PM

Ok.. This is for sure a stretch... And I may change my mind on creating a new thing altogther... But

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30733/sepp-omak

Sepp Omak was the name Bane used while collecting information on the Sith, with his ultimate goal of course finding Holocrons. So, this is an attempt to use him as a non Force User... I know its a stretch, but he did conceal himself, so it could be a fully active *Force Withdrawal* version of him. Not sure if he knew Force Withdrawal exactly, but he was skilled enough to conceal his power from being seen like Sidious was?

I would only want one of the 2 Holocron abilities. I just was unsure if I wanted it to be a 1 time shot... Or his main function was to steal another Holocron.

Thoughts, and completely open to ideas

shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 5:35:32 PM

@ Surf

I would use the Rebel guy for sure. Dex is cool, but a 13 point Fringe movement breaker for 2 allies is pretty brutal. I mean, in Mandos the movement is insane. And in Republic, you can move R2 and the guy he is towing 3 extra squares. Just seems like way to many variables for abusice combos.

The Rebel guy I like a lot. Being SpecForce he can move 12 squares to start, so the grenades should be launched round 1!
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 6:14:45 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Here's my starting point, though I did spend a bit more time on the 1st draft this time Wink

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/18773/picador-on-orray

WotC upgrade piece for sure. I like those iconic sculpts. BlooMilk
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 6:48:44 PM

shmi15 wrote:
@ Surf

I would use the Rebel guy for sure. Dex is cool, but a 13 point Fringe movement breaker for 2 allies is pretty brutal. I mean, in Mandos the movement is insane. And in Republic, you can move R2 and the guy he is towing 3 extra squares. Just seems like way to many variables for abusice combos.

Would moving non-uniques keep it simpler and less broken?
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 7:38:22 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

surf_rider56 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
@ Surf

Hmm, well it would still mean plenty of boosted-scrubs in any faction. Not sure it's if better fringe-only for that matter with Talon IB in the mix. So, I like the rebel guy as well, and love his card art. :D
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 7:51:48 PM

swinefeld wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
@ Surf

Hmm, well it would still mean plenty of boosted-scrubs in any faction. Not sure it's if better fringe-only for that matter with Talon IB in the mix. So, I like the rebel guy as well, and love his card art. :D

Well, obviously Informant is a SA that Dexter needs and I don't see how it Shouldn't be some movement breaker. Moving only one character, well it might as well be Dex giving someone different each turn Intuition.

Moving two characters only 3 squares seemed fair. I'm not looking to break anything, so is there a way to move two pieces yet not create too much? Move two non-unique characters of equal or lesser points perhaps?

PS @swine - 99% of my card art is either dilligent net surfing or body piece swapping in pictures (heads, arms, legs, torso's etc) and the occassional cleaning up by me to make it worth using.
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 8:47:21 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
swinefeld wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
@ Surf

Well, obviously Informant is a SA that Dexter needs and I don't see how it Shouldn't be some movement breaker. Moving only one character, well it might as well be Dex giving someone different each turn Intuition.

Moving two characters only 3 squares seemed fair. I'm not looking to break anything, so is there a way to move two pieces yet not create too much? Move two non-unique characters of equal or lesser points perhaps?

PS @swine - 99% of my card art is either dilligent net surfing or body piece swapping in pictures (heads, arms, legs, torso's etc) and the occassional cleaning up by me to make it worth using.

Just out of curiosity why does Informant have to be a movement ability? He gave Obi-Wan info on a poisonous dart right? So what about

Informant, At the start of the skirmish choose an ally, then choose a SA. That character gets +4 saves against that ability

represents him giving Obi info on the darts, Darts are a save 11/16 SA.

The movement breaker doesn't make sense, and if you make it cheap non uniques, I think it would make even less sense... Just my 2 cents.

Still like the Rebel guy better for this competition
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 3:46:17 AM

He did many other things as well. He also helped people go underground and escape and hide.
Which could be a movement breaker of sorts, but the movement breaker makes sense in the idea that he said it was on the outer rim and the"cloners" I mean he have the location of where to go and the direction by which to do it. In that sense I think it might be better to grant a movement before a round starts
Informant (replaces attacks, samescene ally gains intuition until the beginning of this character's next turn)

Or something like that
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 4:52:51 AM

I'm not sure guys but I think it kinda helps the rebel force users. Any thoughts??

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30734/obi-wan-kenobi--hologram
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 4:58:42 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
I've actuall had 4-6 guys that I couldn't figure out what to do with them, so I picked two at random and let you guys decide ....

Dexter Jettster, Jedi Informant

I've had Dexter laying around in one form or another since 2011; I saw someone mention him in another thread so I said "Why not?" Informant is an interesting ability I think.

Spec Force Grenadier We've had grenades and grenade launchers for awhile, so why not a grenadier with and actual green launcher mortar?

This is what I ment when I said tech or support. Looking forward to see what others do.

Cheers,

surf

I'm going with Dex. Great job man, I really like it!!

spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 8:21:33 AM

General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 7:38:42 PM