RegisterDonateLogin

Senses we've picked up another pathetic life form.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 91 - Support or Tech Options
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 5:40:42 AM
Groups: Member

Had trouble figuring out what I wanted to do for this week. Here's what I came up with

WeeGee
jak
Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 7:20:22 AM

My compy is still goofy.
Can someone copy/paste my Czerka Weapon Technician Cool
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 7:24:48 AM

jak wrote:
My compy is still goofy.

That the correct one?
jak
Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 7:32:21 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
jak wrote:
My compy is still goofy.

That the correct one?

Yes! Thanx!
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, February 9, 2018 1:23:20 PM

Well, I may not be around later tonight; going to see the Ducks/Oilers game at the Pond (thought about you GG.) Since I might be scarce tomorrow too I guess I better announce I'm going with my Spec Force Grenadier. My heart says Dex but my head says Mortar boy .....

cheers,

s
blemelisk
Posted: Friday, February 9, 2018 7:27:24 PM

Utility Tech:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30742/modified-r9

some good abilities here that can def affect the game, but, he does 0 damage. (well he does have an ability that will let him do 10 damage, but it is somewhat situational. BlooMilk
NewGuy117
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2018 11:14:59 AM

Sorry I've been on vacation guys! here's my entry thanks CHS for the idea of objects!

www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30746/command-tower
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2018 11:15:36 AM

im choosing the Statue guys.
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2018 11:18:33 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

surf_rider56 wrote:

Spec Force Grenadier We've had grenades and grenade launchers for awhile, so why not a grenadier with and actual green launcher mortar?

I may or may not have commented on this at all earlier, so... what is Crew Serviced Weapon doing per your intent?
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2018 5:48:22 AM

swinefeld wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Spec Force Grenadier We've had grenades and grenade launchers for awhile, so why not a grenadier with and actual green launcher mortar?

I may or may not have commented on this at all earlier, so... what is Crew Serviced Weapon doing per your intent?

Exactly what it says. Keep away multiple attacks. Avoid that grease fire we had with the KLat Thugs when they gained Launcher and mutle attacks.
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2018 6:52:43 AM

You mean from Tarpals? As far as I am concerned... Rebels have ZERO ways to give people replace attack abilities twice? And this guy having 0 attack and 0 damage..... You could give him Quad Twin for all I care, lol.

I do get what your saying tho, AND, it does help with any future designs that may grant it,even if its just for SpecForce.

I totally get it
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2018 7:21:06 AM

Voting is going on now correct?
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2018 8:17:30 AM

Surfrider: Grenadier is cool But with things like Specforce vanguard it goes kind of obsolete.

CHS: statue really came around to a very good looking piece. My only complaint is that it can be set up right next to someone I think it would have been fun if it had to start in Gambit or something like that. but the things it does are fun and great.

Shmi15: Sepp Omakk doesnt really support anything... and it is totally worthless against two whole factions and most of the time.

Swinefeld: Picador on Orray, jolt and melee are fun. I think this might help the Rathtar. Rathtar can move 3 unleash the double twin, than double twin, than be pawned into another double twin. seems like a like of activating of a savage character, but it looks fun and savage does need help.

Alex the great: I just cant get behind the Avoid Defeat with Survival Expert in the faction (even if a subfaction). I think a price drop to 12 and granting Intuition is already super super powerful.

Spryguy: Antarian Ranger Medical guy: I guess I just dont see the point of using 15 points to give Satchel charge. I could save 6 points and have 3 ugnaughts. I dont think the medical pack is going to be of much help tbh. the only way I think it might help is in NR when you out activate.

GG: I dont know quite how I feel about ignoring cover when pieces are seen. I wish it would have been clear LoS game wise although I do not know the thematic elements of what an upgraded sentry means.

WeeGee: decipher is all around a sweet sounding SA! I looked into this WeeGee guy a bit, so thanks for that. I think it is a cool way to represent it and not too powerful.

Jak: sweet little piece and I like that the cost is a tad too high for what it does, but the Rapport makes up for it! well done.

blemelisk: Door overload and override are in itself a powerful combination. This really hurts people who rely on ugnaughts, which I do not quite like. For instance an Ugnaught moves 8 squares to hold a door open and is going to blast it open next round, but all the sudden he is killed... or someone is holding a door open and all the sudden is balsted back and the door is locked.. I like the idea behind it, but think it is way too powerful. Door overload should at the very least be replaces turn. so it cannot do it and move to unlock/lock a different door.

Newguy: pretty sweet idea, but Bastila kind of nerfs it. For Vanilla play it looks like a ton of fun!

1. CorranHornSux

2. Lord_Ball

3. Jak

shmi15
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2018 8:33:49 AM

[quote=jen'ari]

Shmi15: Sepp Omakk doesnt really support anything... and it is totally worthless against two whole factions and most of the time.

Man, I have really got to pay attention more. How did I miss this weeks CCC by this much? This has been an all around Epic Fail for me on this weeks CCC.

Can I get the award for worst piece this week Flapper
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2018 8:43:55 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Surfrider: Grenadier is cool But with things like Specforce vanguard it goes kind of obsolete.

With respect, overall, the Vanguard hits harder in many ways. This guys selling point is more the Launcher ability to hit from range 12, not to mention the Stun Mortar.
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2018 8:52:51 AM

here is the comparison

http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/1133/specforce-vanguard

better HP =, defense, attack, and damage

it can gain multiple attacks

Than it has grenades 40, your guy has grenades 20
vanguard has Missiles which is sight, your guy has grenade launcher which is range 12
This guy has Mines, your guy has Stun Mortar.

So really it comes down to
grenades 40 and Mines vs. Stun Mortar.

Personally I think the vanguard is a very underused, very powerful piece (probably too powerful), especially with Sabine around.
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2018 9:36:35 AM

1. Jen'ari
2. Jak
3. Blem
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2018 10:11:45 AM

1. GG

2. Swine

3. Shimi (you get a point because of my Darth Bane biasLOL LOL )
NewGuy117
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2018 10:15:40 AM

1. CHS
2. Surf
3. LB
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2018 2:41:59 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Alex:
Obi as a hologram is a neat idea. I'd prefer the CE to do something else, but the simplicity of the design is great.

Blem:
The new SAs are intriguing, though may need some balancing. Overall I feel the piece is doing way too much for cost.

CHS:
This one had a lot of tweaks, not sure if anything was missed in the process, but I think it ended up pretty solid. Neat idea.

Shmi15:
I would say Bane qualifies as a support piece, just not in the traditional sense. ;) But it's true that he could be useless in a good number of match ups, so...

GG:
Super simple design that could have some impact. I'm curious as to just how strong it could be. Given a Huge's limited access to many areas on maps, I don't think it's a 'problem'. I dig it.

Jak:
Solid support piece, for units that so desperately need the help! Cool.

**jen'ari:
Simple and self-balanced piece. Upgraded Sights as a range 6 SA rather than CE is cool. Well done.

LB:
I'll say it again, nifty little guy. Decipher is fun.

Newguy:
Not everyone is a fan of Booming Voice proliferating, but certainly a useful piece, and a nice simple design.

Spryguy:
Adds to the Rangers' toolbox. Well-made piece.

Surf:
I won't quibble over terminology in CSW. I get it. Definitely has competition for table time in SpecForce, but I like the classic 'army man' feel to it. Could be lots of fun in larger-scale battles. Good looking card, as always.

*votes to follow, tough decisions to make, just wanted to get summary comments up in one place

this was an interesting round for sure ThumpUp

**forgot jen'ari (added comments above)