RegisterDonateLogin

Tastes best fresh from the Bantha.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 92 - Reserves! Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 6:15:17 PM
Groups: Member

Alright time to go into another one of my favorite play-styles. They've been in the spotlight lately with some rather interesting and passionate viewpoints on both sides. Yet they have quietly existed for almost a decade without ever making a remotely competitive splash (barring that Pong guy that started all the craziness). But for most reserve pieces it's a simple costly investment that may or may not pay off if the odds are in your favor.

So this week's challenge is to design a piece that has any type of reserves, non-unique or unique doesn't matter. And ideally the reserves portion should be central to their character not a random staple-on afterthought (see original Daala) but go crazy and have fun and try to get this guy/girl/alien/robot to bring in some friends!

1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Feb 17th, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, Feb 19th, 2018..
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 6:53:20 PM

Hes an older one i made but he still checks out ;) lol

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/15694/jabba-the-hutt--zann-consortium-enemy
NewGuy117
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 7:03:40 PM

Will need some tweaking but here is a rough draft!

www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30759/revan--crusade-caller
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 8:21:50 AM

Game plan this week, stay on task!
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 8:33:42 AM

Life Happens .... moving on ....

So, GG, I never liked Reserves. With Reinforcements, you've got that "after seeing your opponent's squad" bit where at the beginning you can add to your squad whatever counter your opponent has that you didn't plan for; occasionally useful but not cheap.

But Reserves? I think in 12 years I've gotten lucky 3-4 times with rolling a Reserve. Just doesn't happen, and what can you even do with them? Add Uggies or mice to out-activate someone? Pick up maybe one useful piece and filler?

Still ... you want Reserves, so here's my pick.

Korriban Academy Headmaster I've worked on and off on many sub-faction ideas and the Korriban Academy is one of them. The idea here is that the Headmaster could call upon acolytes/recruits/students when needed. Rapport knocks the Recruits price down to 4pts, which means you can get 5 at a time. They're not necessarily much more useful than a Felucian, even with the extra force point and Force Blast I give them, but, hey, a lot of reserves are just fodder anyway and Blast Does hit for 20; if you're lucky, you might even get to use both force points and Blast twice.

Cheers,

surf

General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 9:16:44 AM

Haha that's what I mean Surf, terribly weak unreliable play-style. But very fun if you like chance and luck. I like your headmaster! Only question I have is why those numbers specifically? Did you want to create new ones for the Sith faction or have them stack with Lobot's?
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 9:52:52 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Haha that's what I mean Surf, terribly weak unreliable play-style. But very fun if you like chance and luck. I like your headmaster! Only question I have is why those numbers specifically? Did you want to create new ones for the Sith faction or have them stack with Lobot's?

Why 2, 7, and 11? No reason, although 7 and 11 seem to be the ones that pop up most often on 6 sided dice, even if We use 20d.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 9:59:29 AM

shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 10:03:25 PM

Ok, I know I want few things to be different, Especially base stats... But... Here is the idea

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30765/first-chancellor-mon-mothma

Intervention on Scariff is my way to make Reserves more playable!
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 4:57:37 AM

I don't think I could get more "central to the character" with this one :)

MTT (Multi-Troop Transport)

I wanted to go DR 20, but thought that might be a bit much (unless I also added weak spot, which wouldn't be very true to the character, but would be more balanced).
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 6:51:06 AM

We are getting such a good spread of factions and with LB making such a strong Sep, I'm strongly debating going with either Vong, Imperial or NR....
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 3:31:06 PM

AlexTheGreat
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 5:11:23 AM

Sooo once again I go with Maris! Last time I entered with her, some had pointed out that she costed low enough. This time I raised her points from 34 to 39. Any suggestions??
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/29671/maris-brood--dark-jedi
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 5:14:35 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:

So, GG, I never liked Reserves. With Reinforcements, you've got that "after seeing your opponent's squad" bit where at the beginning you can add to your squad whatever counter your opponent has that you didn't plan for; occasionally useful but not cheap.

But Reserves? I think in 12 years I've gotten lucky 3-4 times with rolling a Reserve. Just doesn't happen, and what can you even do with them? Add Uggies or mice to out-activate someone? Pick up maybe one useful piece and filler?

Korriban Academy Headmaster I've worked on and off on many sub-faction ideas and the Korriban Academy is one of them. The idea here is that the Headmaster could call upon acolytes/recruits/students when needed. Rapport knocks the Recruits price down to 4pts, which means you can get 5 at a time. They're not necessarily much more useful than a Felucian, even with the extra force point and Force Blast I give them, but, hey, a lot of reserves are just fodder anyway and Blast Does hit for 20; if you're lucky, you might even get to use both force points and Blast twice.

Cheers,

surf

Nice work surf, I really like it!
jak
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 7:30:19 AM

General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 2:40:43 PM

Alright I went with a New Republic/Mandos mix, let me know what you think!

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30770/natasi-daala--chief-of-state
blemelisk
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 4:47:05 PM

Yoda did say he has good relations with the Wookies....

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30771/yoda-of-kashyyyk
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 7:25:49 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Busy week for me, so I last-minute dug up an old custom that was never really even close to finished, then tried to remember where I was going with it... stats/cost etc needs help, but a fairly simple idea in general.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/5266/kaskutal

Was part of a project to build out the entire hierarchy of the Rangers
(so yes, there will be more to come, whenever the topic meshes) BigGrin
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2018 4:34:42 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

Cheers,

surf

Interesting...
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 11:57:46 AM

shmi15 wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Cheers,

surf

Interesting...

Hmmmm in four days I got 2 "likes" and an "interesting." Not sure what to make of the heavy duty commentary/critique I'm getting .....