RegisterDonateLogin

Isn't too proud of this technological terror it has constructed.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 92 - Reserves! Options
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 12:43:42 PM
Groups: Member

1. NewGuy
2. Surf
3. Spry
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 1:20:48 PM

CorranHornSux123 - I like this Jabba.... except for the 1 Reserves number :( Everything else on him is cool. Thematic for sure with it!

NewGuy117 - I don't like the base stats... But I like everything else! I would've just upped his stats, and upped his cost, but other than that, I do like this guy, and I wish his reserve numbers were more than just 1!

Surf_Rider - Not a big fan of this piece. Its not a Unique in my eyes at all. He is just a generic Commander. And with that, I am completely against having Non Uniques with Reserves. I can't imagine ever using this guy in any squad for anything. Its thematic, and the idea of Sith Recruits being brought in by a Korriban Instructor is cool. But the SR are completely worthless really, which also hurts this guys playability.

Jenari - I think you have a very Unique idea.... But as was said in your comments, Qui Gon FS ups your chances to 75... and then, of course there is Recon, which ups it to prob 80-85%... Which means odds are you get this every round. Being 100 points makes the piece half your squad.... But you could add another one of these guys since you left out Unique or *only 1 per squad*. 2 of them make your odds still 50/50.. But you can double your reserve chances, and then bring in someone with Recon to increase those odds more. I wish you had put more in Rival to prevent Qui-Gon from being there :( But MTB does wreck this guy instantly....

Lord Ball - I like the idea of the piece your going for. But, as I said earlier, I am against Non Uniques with Reserves. I know thats kinda the idea of your piece... But I think its over costed for the 10% chance , and as was said in the comments, 1 reserves roll and your activation count goes through the roof!

Sprguy - This may be my favorite piece you have made yet. He has good base stats, fits with Farfalla, and then to top it off you have Reserves. Triple and LA is awesome. Nice Work!

AlextheGreat - Rancor reserves. If you get rolling on that, may god have mercy on whoever your playing. Being a Fringe character maks it interesting. I think this squad is idea with Thrawn, and the Vader who has reserves also. Toss in Ozzel, and I think you have 8 numbers you can get for reserves. 40% chance without any Recon or anything. I do think this is one of the more competitive pieces just for the squads it can be in.

Jak - Well... I won't go much into this character, as I think its over costed and I would never use it in a squad.

GG - I honestly don't know much about this character.... But I'm understanding that all characters ( Fringe included) become NR? Mandos in NR is interesting, and I am sure its thematic to the character, CE is cool, Recon is a great thing to hand out in Reserve squads IMO. But a whole 200 Point squad with Jedi Hatred.... Ouch. Why the Force User Hate!? lol.

Blemilisk - You definitely have a unique piece here.... The Reserves are cool... But the CE... Why give it to Troopers at all? And not just Wookies? I know some Wookies have trooper... but its just seems weird to me. And I am not a fan of Lifedebt... Very odd. And leaping Assault really doesn't make sense for this design... He only has 2 attacks and no buffs so your spending 2 FP to attack twice. Lightsaber Assault would be better.

Swinefeld - You know, the CE is very interesting. I think it stacks with Recon tho correct? Everything looks cool... BUT.... How in the world was a Unique in the OR.... Republic... and then also NR? I can't get behind that idea. But its honestly the only thing I don't like about the piece.

First - Spryguy

Second - CorranHornSux

Third - Newguy117
NewGuy117
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 2:38:52 PM

1. CHS

2. Shimi

3. Spry
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 2:46:03 PM

shmi15 wrote:
Interesting...

Hmmmm in four days I got 2 "likes" and an "interesting." Not sure what to make of the heavy duty commentary/critique I'm getting .....

shmi15 wrote:

Surf_Rider - Not a big fan of this piece. Its not a Unique in my eyes at all. He is just a generic Commander. And with that, I am completely against having Non Uniques with Reserves. I can't imagine ever using this guy in any squad for anything. Its thematic, and the idea of Sith Recruits being brought in by a Korriban Instructor is cool. But the SR are completely worthless really, which also hurts this guys playability.

I find it interesting in that I try to say something on everybodies character, yet as I said in four days iI got 2 "Likes" and an "Interesting," yet shmi you wait till voting starts to mention your not liking this guy because he doesn't have a name?? I was unaware that there would be more than one headmaster in a school. Would it have made you feel better if I'd called him Jorak Uln? I didn't to get That detailed. Whether Recruits are worth it is an argument I already acknowleged if you bothered to read the preface ....
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 3:12:45 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

Interesting...[/quote]

Hmmmm in four days I got 2 "likes" and an "interesting." Not sure what to make of the heavy duty commentary/critique I'm getting .....

shmi15 wrote:

I find it interesting in that I try to say something on everybodies character, yet as I said in four days iI got 2 "Likes" and an "Interesting, yet shmi you wait till voting starts to mention your not liking this guy because he doesn't have a name?? I was unaware that there would be more than one headmaster in a school. Would it have made you feel better if I'd called him Jorak Uln? I didn't to get That detailed. Whether Recruits are worth it is an argument I already acknowleged if you bothered to read the preface ....[/quote]

That or Uthar Wynn, the person who drove Jorak away from the Academy and took over as Headmaster... So yes. I would've liked this character more with a name. I like all characters who are Unique to have a name.. Or their Unique as a "Counts as blah blah blah" Thats why they are "Unique". And I did read the preface... Was the preface suppose to change my mind on the Sith Recruits? Because it didn't when I read it, and it still doesn't now?

And if you were going for Jorak Uln... You were no where close to representing him, here is his excerpt about his Power and Abilities from Wookiepedia

" As a Sith Master, Uln had a strong command of the dark side of the Force. He was capable of using Force lightning, often employing this both against his enemies and on the Academy's students that he captured. Uln also used the Force to choke his foes and drain their life forces, replenishing his own vitality. During combat, Uln wielded a double-bladed lightsaber"

Where did Lightwhip come from? And Force Blast? He was a Force Lightning... Choke... and Drain Life Force User. And he wielded a Double Bladed Lightsaber.

And if you were trying to represent Uthar Wynn, here is his Wookiepedia

" Being a Sith Master, Wynn was adept at the use of the dark side, wielding powers that enabled him to choke his enemies. He was also able to use the dark side to drain his enemy's life-force and draw it into himself in order to replenish his own vitality. Wynn was capable of using the Force to render himself invulnerable to most offensive Force powers for a limited period of time. Having possessed a double-bladed lightsaber, Wynn was skilled in its use"

So he had a double bladed Lightsaber also... He was good at Force Choke, drain life, and he had a way to render himself immune to Force Powers for a bit.

So which of those Unique headmasters was your non unique "Unique" representing?

And to be honest, I have never seen you change any of your pieces once you post them. I assume its because you do a good job on card creating, and don't want the hassle of going back and recreating or fixing a card. Maybe I just haven't noticed it, and I would love to be wrong about that, but if your not going to acknowledge anything by not changing things, then I don't see the point in critiquing it till the end?

* Edit
And I did have a big write up about this character, that was pretty much everything I said here, I decided not to post it, because I honestly have never seen you change anything. So I deleted it all and left it at "Interesting"
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 3:24:35 PM

shmi15 wrote:

And to be honest, I have never seen you change any of your pieces once you post them. I assume its because you do a good job on card creating, and don't want the hassle of going back and recreating or fixing a card. Maybe I just haven't noticed it, and I would love to be wrong about that, but if your not going to acknowledge anything by not changing things, then I don't see the point in critiquing it till the end?

I actually did read both and chose to focus on the Reserve part and not what the individual FP each had.. As to changing card text, that's not difficult; I've changed it often; ask GG, donny, koba or anybody else thats been in the customs section for years. It would also help if your critique actually showed up Before voting started. If you were refering to the recent Dexter "Informant" ability I chose to stick with my own interpretation after discussing it ... which is in iteself interesting because the only commentary I get is on something controversial. If its "Eh, Ok" I never know untill voting. It's never a surprise when I fail miserably (which is OK) but a complete surprise because only a few comment on it before voting. Tough to work in a vacuum.

Rant over. Continue on people, nothing to see .......
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 3:47:38 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

I actually did read both and chose to focus on the Reserve part and not what the individual FP each had.. As to changing card text, that's not difficult; I've changed it often; ask GG, donny, koba or anybody else thats been in the customs section for years. It would also help if your critique actually showed up Before voting started. If you were refering to the recent Dexter "Informant" ability I chose to stick with my own interpretation after discussing it ... which is in iteself interesting because the only commentary I get is on something controversial. If its "Eh, Ok" I never know untill voting. It's never a surprise when I fail miserably (which is OK) but a complete surprise because only a few comment on it before voting. Tough to work in a vacuum.

Rant over. Continue on people, nothing to see .......

Well I am glad I am wrong about it! But I can honestly say I have never seen it. ( i've only been doing this for about 5/6 weeks.)

But it doesn't change the fact that your headmaster... Does not resemble either of the Headmasters in anyway.. Except that they were a headmaster. In a mythical world where Jorak and Uthar are made into Minis, would your headmaster be able to play with them then? What about Lightwhip? Where did that ability come from? DoF I think works perfect, Melee reach 3 would work with Lightwhip... but again, where did the lightwhip come from?

Puny base stats doesn't make me think of this guy as a "head master" He looks more like a recruit himself with those numbers. Going on base stats alone, if this guy showed up to fight I would just laugh, laugh, and laugh some more. Because he would never do any damage to anything. And would be killed by Non Unique Jedi who cost in the Teens.

And I love debating this stuff! There is no hate towards anyone or anything, this is just discussion! Don't take anything I say to heart, or hold any grudges over it, I don't. And I can discuss this all day so you can see my POV of why I don't like him. I will listen to your arguments all day about why I should like him. Debating is about the only thing keeping this game alive, so lets not end it!

And, in the future, I will attempt to give you a full comment on how I feel, knowing now that it may influence you to change things.

No Bloo Milk
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 4:11:32 PM

shmi15 wrote:

Well I am glad I am wrong about it! But I can honestly say I have never seen it. ( i've only been doing this for about 5/6 weeks.)

But it doesn't change the fact that your headmaster... Does not resemble either of the Headmasters in anyway.. Except that they were a headmaster. In a mythical world where Jorak and Uthar are made into Minis, would your headmaster be able to play with them then? What about Lightwhip? Where did that ability come from? DoF I think works perfect, Melee reach 3 would work with Lightwhip... but again, where did the lightwhip come from?

Puny base stats doesn't make me think of this guy as a "head master" He looks more like a recruit himself with those numbers. Going on base stats alone, if this guy showed up to fight I would just laugh, laugh, and laugh some more. Because he would never do any damage to anything. And would be killed by Non Unique Jedi who cost in the Teens.

And I love debating this stuff! There is no hate towards anyone or anything, this is just discussion! Don't take anything I say to heart, or hold any grudges over it, I don't. And I can discuss this all day so you can see my POV of why I don't like him. I will listen to your arguments all day about why I should like him. Debating is about the only thing keeping this game alive, so lets not end it!

And, in the future, I will attempt to give you a full comment on how I feel, knowing now that it may influence you to change things.

No Bloo Milk

... and isn't this a discussion we should have had Before voting?????? Confused

He isn't supposed to be a hardass threat to anybody but the Students! (That's where the whip comes in. I've been teaching for 37 years .... whip and chair needed when going in with the lions but I digress. Again, I chose to concentrate on the Reserves part. Your arguments so far are

A) He's not a named unique (But you can only Have one Headmaster.)

B) He can't take any heavy hitters on .... and which part of Concentrate on his Reserves and not other powers. His Doctrine/Reserves/Whip/Rapport & CE takoe up most of the card. I had room for TWO force powers. I can't throw 10-15 abilities into my character like some of you do on occasion; I stick to what fits on my card.

As to taking it personal, I don't ... just wish people would say something Before voting starts .... My rants on costing are probably Just as annoying, which is why I metion it before we vote. I realize I'm a pain in the neck, but as GG has said, I'm President of the Universe regarding costing so I'm allowed to be a pain, up to a point. Cool
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 4:45:39 PM

... and isn't this a discussion we should have had Before voting?????? Confused

He isn't supposed to be a hardass threat to anybody but the Students! (That's where the whip comes in. I've been teaching for 37 years .... whip and chair needed when going in with the lions but I digress. Again, I chose to concentrate on the Reserves part. Your arguments so far are

A) He's not a named unique (But you can only Have one Headmaster.)

B) He can't take any heavy hitters on .... and which part of Concentrate on his Reserves and not other powers. His Doctrine/Reserves/Whip/Rapport & CE takoe up most of the card. I had room for TWO force powers. I can't throw 10-15 abilities into my character like some of you do on occasion; I stick to what fits on my card.

As to taking it personal, I don't ... just wish people would say something Before voting starts .... My rants on costing are probably Just as annoying, which is why I metion it before we vote. I realize I'm a pain in the neck, but as GG has said, I'm President of the Universe regarding costing so I'm allowed to be a pain, up to a point. Cool [/quote]

A- A unique has a name... Your Unique, you have a name... I am Unique, I have a name... My dog is Unique... He has a name... My pencil is not Unique... Because it does not have name. Call me lame... But I think you could've dropped Rapport, and given him an abiltiy called "Head Master" Only 1 can be in a squad, and Sith Recruits cost 1 less

B - You created the idea of Lightwhip, because it actually does not exist on either character you are trying to represent. ( 1 less ability). Melee reach 3 would not be on this guy, because LW should not be ( 2 less abilities) Force Blast is not an ability either HeadMaster had (3 less abilities) Sith Rage is understandable for a Dark Side User in general, but you could've been more thematic by using an Ability they actually used ( 4 less abilities) with my above suggestions, you could drop Unique, and Rapport and use a new one combining the two (5 less abilities) So now you have 5 abilities/Fp you could hand out and not overstock your card. And, for the record, DOF works on enemies, not allies, so if you were trying to represent the fear he put in students, that ability does not belong on this guy either (6 less abilities)

And none of this even mentions his abysmal base stats that represent a Non unique High teen Force User, not someone who is training the recruits of the Sith Nation for their army.

You just went a route where you made a character, who does not represent any Unique character, and slapped a Unique tag on him.

Unless you can show me an instance where either guy used a Lightwhip? ( Melee 3 goes with this one)

Or where they used Force Blast?

Sith Rage again is a common "idea" of a Sith character. But neither of them are known for using it.

Your the cost guy, Jenari and I like thematic pieces better. ( I don't wanna speak for him but I know him and I usually argue the same things when it comes to that) And this my be one of the least thematically represented characters I have seen. Next to Baze Malbus Scared And your piece does not remind me of any Head Master I have ever heard of.
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 4:49:37 PM

I do have a good question for you. Assume I told you all of this before voting. Would you of changed anything? If so, what would your final product look like after my critiques?
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 5:36:57 PM

shmi15 wrote:
I do have a good question for you. Assume I told you all of this before voting. Would you of changed anything? If so, what would your final product look like after my critiques?

Well, I've never seen anyone so stuck on a name. Would it have made you feel better if I'd called him The Headmaster? Never saw a school, from elemenatry to Universities that had more than one person at the top. He's genetic in that it could be Any Headmaster, but you can only have One at a time so he's unique (blame the community for not having an ability that's both unique and yet generic (That mess started with the JWM. Should've been unique even if it Didn't have a name.) If the Group had said get rid of Unique, I would've; you're the only one stuck on thids point.

.... and since you can't let go of the name argument, of course he doesn't fit the two named in Wook; this one Has to fit their description, even after mentioning I Didn't choose to follow the Force Power empahasis you want me to follow because you can't see past the naming bit ... sounds like the circular logic I must deal with at school ...

.... and that brings me to your above question; since you can't see past the name, and can't grasp my explanations, why would I change anything? ... which brings us to the original question I had about you Now bring this up and we've wasted a thread page going in circles (N0 doubt amusing the Crap out of everybody?)

Regarding Thematically NOT being accurate, .... Fear, Reserves, Whip (every students perceived vision of a hardass teacher/Admin) Rapport and CE aren't all aimed at the acolyte/recruit/student I mentioned in the preface???

" .... a circular argument is often logically valid because if the premises are true, the conclusion must be true."

I'm getting too old for this ... good thing I have good blood pressure ... and the grandkids are making me laugh as I write this .......

shmi15
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 6:20:40 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

Well, I've never seen anyone so stuck on a name. Would it have made you feel better if I'd called him The Headmaster? Never saw a school, from elemenatry to Universities that had more than one person at the top. He's genetic in that it could be Any Headmaster, but you can only have One at a time so he's unique (blame the community for not having an ability that's both unique and yet generic (That mess started with the JWM. Should've been unique even if it Didn't have a name.) If the Group had said get rid of Unique, I would've; you're the only one stuck on thids point.

So why waste my time before voting if nothing I say will change your mind? And why make a big deal of it if your stuck on keeping your guy a certain way?

I have never seen an elementary or University whose leader did not have name? If so please direct me to that school. Or any organization, religion, or anything else that has a leader.

Stuck on the name... Because you gave him the SA "UNIQUE". Unique implies he is unique, no one else like him. Unique also has *counts as such and such* So with your character who would you have this guy count as? Your example... of the JWM, to the best of my knowledge... Is not Unique, he is a non unique piece if I remember correctly? Checking now... Yep, he is a Non Unique, so your example was a bad one.

[/quote].... and since you can't let go of the name argument, of course he doesn't fit the two named in Wook; this one Has to fit their description, even after mentioning I Didn't choose to follow the Force Power empahasis you want me to follow because you can't see past the naming bit ... sounds like the circular logic I must deal with at school ... [/quote]

Do your students just call you teacher at school? Do they not call you Mr Surf Rider? And it seems you can't see past the name.. I have an issue with the "Unique" SA. And then you told me you read the info, learned the facts, and then, on purpose, chose to misrepresent those facts, and twist them to how you see fit. Would you teach your kids false facts in class, if they weren't what you wanted to teach? Or would you teach them things that are facts?

[/quote].... and that brings me to your above question; since you can't see past the name, and can't grasp my explanations, why would I change anything? ... which brings us to the original question I had about you Now bring this up and we've wasted a thread page going in circles (N0 doubt amusing the Crap out of everybody?) [/quote]

Again with the name, and again, its not the name, its the "Unique" SA. Where you are implying this guy has a name, but then tell me he is generic, but then, you can't find a single character in Korriban's Academy that remotely resembles your generic Unique character. So now your telling me you don't like my critique... Because your piece is not thematic, but its what you wanted to make, ( your starting to sound like a Vset Designer!) Even tho my critique is 1000% on the thematically incorrectness of your character, and nothing else.

[/quote]Regarding Thematically NOT being accurate, .... Fear, Reserves, Whip (every students perceived vision of a hardass teacher/Admin) Rapport and CE aren't all aimed at the acolyte/recruit/student I mentioned in the preface???[/quote]

Yes your piece is not accurate thematically. You and I both can agree on that. I gave you 2 examples of Korriban Academy headmasters. You gave me " This is what I wanted to make". "This is what I wanted to make" is not thematic. Its "This is what I wanted to make". Does that make sense to you? That "This is what I wanted to make" Is not thematic? Because it is not... And, as it has been since you asked for my reasoning, my entire problem with this guy is how inaccurate it is. Not just in name, but in base stats. No "HeadMaster" of ANY academy is going to have 60HP. And if they do, sign me up, because I will become headmaster in no time!

[/quote]" .... a circular argument is often logically valid because if the premises are true, the conclusion must be true."[/quote]

I don't even know how to respond to this, because your points are all invalid. You said " I CHOSE not to follow Wookiepedia".. Ok, thats fine, no one is forcing anyone to follow anything. But you can't then come back and say your piece is thematic... Do you understand what an Oxymoron is? If not, read this statement I have bolded again... Slowly.

[/quote]I'm getting too old for this ... good thing I have good blood pressure ... and the grandkids are making me laugh as I write this .......[/quote]

10 thumbs way up for being a good Grandfather! Both of my grandparents were very dear to me and the time they spent with me as a child will always be a top 5 memory of my childhood! So regardless of what we disagree on, I think we can both agree on this! No Bloo Milk

spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 6:38:54 PM

1. Swine, I do love Rangers
2. Shmi
3. Blem

GG right behind and I could really order 2-4 in any way.
blemelisk
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 6:40:24 PM

Lightwhip as a weapon exists:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightwhip

and a character looks like it has one (just not the ability, though her reach is 2):
http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/345/mistryl-shadow-guard

Shmi:

Quote:
You definitely have a unique piece here.... The Reserves are cool... But the CE... Why give it to Troopers at all? And not just Wookies? I know some Wookies have trooper... but its just seems weird to me.

Simple, he was actually in charge of the order 66 troopers. The way I see it if he had clones with him in his squad as well as any Wookie he could bring in, IF order 66 is to go off, they are no longer in his squad, thus no longer followers thus obviously no longer under/subject to the CE. However any other non order 66 troopers (including):
http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/1086/naboo-trooper
http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/122/alderaan-trooper
http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/947/chiss-trooper
and the Wookie Trooper gets both boosts from the CE:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/606/wookiee-trooper

Quote:
And I am not a fan of Lifedebt... Very odd.

How so? A Wookie would be dishonored for letting someone he/she owes a lifedebt to die. Thus whenever the recipient of a lifedebt becomes injured, I can easily see those that are indebted to come quickly to his/her aid. In this case, it simply triggers Reserves, and gives logical SAs to the now very concerned Wookie allies. It also only does so once, as it represents all those that have a lifedebt to him. Again, this is just one interpretation of what the Wookie Lifedebt might look like in our game. It could look different, but this in my opinion is a logical one.

Quote:
And leaping Assault really doesn't make sense for this design... He only has 2 attacks and no buffs so your spending 2 FP to attack twice. Lightsaber Assault would be better.

This one should be obvious, he is leaping, jumping, tumbling etc those 6 squares, in its wording im effectively ignoring terrain, and also importantly attacks of opportunity. Then he still gets his attacks. This is thematically accurate from what we see when he fights Dooku. Also, I think it is worth 1 extra FP to move to that location with the benefits above.

shmi15
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 7:07:17 PM

blemelisk wrote:
Lightwhip as a weapon exists:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightwhip

and a character looks like it has one (just not the ability, though her reach is 2):
http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/345/mistryl-shadow-guard

Shmi:

Quote:
You definitely have a unique piece here.... The Reserves are cool... But the CE... Why give it to Troopers at all? And not just Wookies? I know some Wookies have trooper... but its just seems weird to me.

Simple, he was actually in charge of the order 66 troopers. The way I see it if he had clones with him in his squad as well as any Wookie he could bring in, IF order 66 is to go off, they are no longer in his squad, thus no longer followers thus obviously no longer under/subject to the CE. However any other non order 66 troopers (including):
http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/1086/naboo-trooper
http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/122/alderaan-trooper
http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/947/chiss-trooper
and the Wookie Trooper gets both boosts from the CE:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/606/wookiee-trooper

Quote:
And I am not a fan of Lifedebt... Very odd.

How so? A Wookie would be dishonored for letting someone he/she owes a lifedebt to die. Thus whenever the recipient of a lifedebt becomes injured, I can easily see those that are indebted to come quickly to his/her aid. In this case, it simply triggers Reserves, and gives logical SAs to the now very concerned Wookie allies. It also only does so once, as it represents all those that have a lifedebt to him. Again, this is just one interpretation of what the Wookie Lifedebt might look like in our game. It could look different, but this in my opinion is a logical one.

Quote:
And leaping Assault really doesn't make sense for this design... He only has 2 attacks and no buffs so your spending 2 FP to attack twice. Lightsaber Assault would be better.

This one should be obvious, he is leaping, jumping, tumbling etc those 6 squares, in its wording im effectively ignoring terrain, and also importantly attacks of opportunity. Then he still gets his attacks. This is thematically accurate from what we see when he fights Dooku. Also, I think it is worth 1 extra FP to move to that location with the benefits above.

1. I think you misunderstood what I was saying about a lightwhip. I am aware Lightwhips were a thing. My comments were that the character he put it on he brought it up out of thin air. Not the actual Lightwhip ability.

2. I completely understand that he ordered troopers, I watched Episode 2. Your characters name, and every ability on him suggests your wanting him to work with Wookies. Your Yoda has 8 SA. 4 of those abilities are Wookie Specific. Your CE is for Wookies... And then randomly grenades 10 for troopers. Its not broken, its not "unthematic" its just weird for this piece in general. Nothing else to it. You even said when you posted him " He did say he had good relations with Wookies". I just think its unnecessary. Nothing else. But if you want to get technical, Yoda did not lead the Wookie forces, he helped defend their planet from the CIS. He actually only lead Clones on Kashyyyk. Not Wookies.

3. I just find it very wordy, and it does 3 separate things. 1 You get reserves. 2 Wookies gain BG. and 3, Unique Wookies gain heal 10. Which Unique Wookie have you ever seen heal anyone? The only, and I mean only time we ever see a Wookie in a healing scenario, is Episode 7, where Finn has to heal Chewy, so I don't agree with the heal aspect at all on it.

4. Thematic to his fight on Dooku I agree, but, what fighting did he do on Kashyyk? Oh yea, he chopped 2 Clones heads who tried to kill him. So if your going for thematic again... Its not accurate, because he didn't fight, he commanded. But I was more referring to your ability "Enhanced Agility" That you can spend 1 FP and ; after initiative; until the end of the round this character does not provoke attacks of opportunity and is not slowed by terrain or enemy characters. You have already covered your basis for Leaping Assault with this ability. which is why I suggested LA. LA makes sense, b/c its EXACTLY what he did on Kashyyk, he assaulted the 2 clones that tried to kill him. It just seems having EA and Leaping Assault is redundant. If he had Lightsaber Assault, you could Spend 1 FP after init to get the benefits of EA... Then another 1 FP to get the benefits of attacking twice.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 5:30:09 AM

shmi15 wrote:
Lord Ball - I like the idea of the piece your going for. But, as I said earlier, I am against Non Uniques with Reserves. I know thats kinda the idea of your piece... But I think its over costed for the 10% chance , and as was said in the comments, 1 reserves roll and your activation count goes through the roof!

If you really break it down it's not as bad as it may first seem.

Costing aside as Sev'rance Tann pretty much forces all Separatist huges to be over costed by a bit.

Lobot CLO has Fringe Reserves 30 (for a mere 15 points!) so he can potentially bring in 10 characters, granted with Rapport the MTT can exceed 10, but you have the drawback that they setup adjacent opening you up for a devastating AoE attack, running San Hill just magnifies this problem as you can't spread out fast enough. Ultimately the draw backs (Huge, Slow, Inflexible and fragile reserves, AoE vulnerability, highly overcosted) should be more than enough to mitigate the potential for imbalance, at least in my book it is.

onto my vote.

1 swine - As shmi said a multi-generational unique is a bit odd, but I don't see the affinity ability that actually allows that in this case.
2 surf
3 GG
shmi15
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 8:39:59 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

If you really break it down it's not as bad as it may first seem.

Costing aside as Sev'rance Tann pretty much forces all Separatist huges to be over costed by a bit.

Lobot CLO has Fringe Reserves 30 (for a mere 15 points!) so he can potentially bring in 10 characters, granted with Rapport the MTT can exceed 10, but you have the drawback that they setup adjacent opening you up for a devastating AoE attack, running San Hill just magnifies this problem as you can't spread out fast enough. Ultimately the draw backs (Huge, Slow, Inflexible and fragile reserves, AoE vulnerability, highly overcosted) should be more than enough to mitigate the potential for imbalance, at least in my book it is.

onto my vote.

1 swine - As shmi said a multi-generational unique is a bit odd, but I don't see the affinity ability that actually allows that in this case.
2 surf
3 GG

I think your piece is awesome for a Scenario type squad. Not for competitive gameplay. Its just me, but I am completely against any Non Unique having the Reserves ability. Especially in Seps, where the idea is usually out act and smash. You could toss 2 of these guys in a squad, and if you hit 1 reserves in a game.... Your getting 80 points of reserves!!!! Literally almost half of another squad! You could even afford putting 3 of these guys in a squad! then your getting 120 points! I just don't agree with that. It is just a personal opinion... And its not a knock on your designing abilities. Its just a personal preference.

Out of curiosity, how do you rank the CCC? Do you look at being thematically correct? How fun the piece will be? How competitive it is? Whats your criteria for a good piece?
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 9:18:48 AM

I personally look at a character from many angles. Obviously theme(if it isn't true to the character it might as well be something else), reasonable playability (but not really competitiveness, more about being balanced given whatever relevant factors), and fun (this is obviously the hardest one to judge). I find most V-set pieces designed for competitiveness usually fail one or more, usually one of the last 2.

I agree from a sheer numbers perspective my MTT does seem crazy, but there are quite a few balancing factors built in.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 9:22:21 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

1. surf_rider
2. NewGuy
3. jen'ari
shmi15
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 9:46:03 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
I personally look at a character from many angles. Obviously theme(if it isn't true to the character it might as well be something else), reasonable playability (but not really competitiveness, more about being balanced given whatever relevant factors), and fun (this is obviously the hardest one to judge). I find most V-set pieces designed for competitiveness usually fail one or more, usually one of the last 2.

I agree from a sheer numbers perspective my MTT does seem crazy, but there are quite a few balancing factors built in.

So lets take the first thing, thematic. If a character is no where near thematically correct, would you vote for it?

EDIT

I don't think your piece is "crazy" I think it can be abused really bad, especially in Seps.