RegisterDonateLogin

Twin suns got you down? Cool off with Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 92 - Reserves! Options
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 9:57:33 AM
Groups: Member

shmi15 wrote:
Lord_Ball wrote:
I personally look at a character from many angles. Obviously theme(if it isn't true to the character it might as well be something else), reasonable playability (but not really competitiveness, more about being balanced given whatever relevant factors), and fun (this is obviously the hardest one to judge). I find most V-set pieces designed for competitiveness usually fail one or more, usually one of the last 2.

I agree from a sheer numbers perspective my MTT does seem crazy, but there are quite a few balancing factors built in.

So lets take the first thing, thematic. If a character is no where near thematically correct, would you vote for it?

EDIT

I don't think your piece is "crazy" I think it can be abused really bad, especially in Seps.

Depends on the criteria of the week and all the entries (thematic would also encompass the theme of the week), but a Han Solo with Lightsaber Precision, Pawn of the Dark Side, and a CE for separatist allies would be a very hard sell regardless.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 10:08:27 AM

Quote:
CorranHornsux123
1. NewGuy
2. Surf
3. Spry

Quote:
Shmi15
First - Spryguy

Second - CorranHornSux

Third - Newguy117

Quote:
Newguy117
1. CHS

2. Shimi

3. Spry

Quote:
Spryguy1981
1. Swine, I do love Rangers
2. Shmi
3. Blem

Quote:
Lord_Ball
1 swine - As shmi said a multi-generational unique is a bit odd, but I don't see the affinity ability that actually allows that in this case.
2 surf
3 GG

Quote:
FlyingArrow
1. surf_rider
2. NewGuy
3. jen'ari

So here are the votes so far did i miss any?
shmi15
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 10:11:44 AM

CorranHornsux123 wrote:
Quote:
CorranHornsux123
1. NewGuy
2. Surf
3. Spry

Quote:
Shmi15
First - Spryguy

Second - CorranHornSux

Third - Newguy117

Quote:
Newguy117
1. CHS

2. Shimi

3. Spry

Quote:
Spryguy1981
1. Swine, I do love Rangers
2. Shmi
3. Blem

Quote:
Lord_Ball
1 swine - As shmi said a multi-generational unique is a bit odd, but I don't see the affinity ability that actually allows that in this case.
2 surf
3 GG

Quote:
FlyingArrow
1. surf_rider
2. NewGuy
3. jen'ari

So here are the votes so far did i miss any?

I think you nailed it so far.... Still need Jenari... Surf.... GG, and Swine right?
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 10:13:58 AM

shmi15 wrote:

I think you nailed it so far.... Still need Jenari... Surf.... GG, and Swine right?

I believe so
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 10:26:45 AM

Keep up these reserves squad building challenges, it gives more ideas for the future! :)
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 11:06:45 AM

CHS, man incredible theme here brother. Only one reserves number but fills a cool niche as "the only fringe team"

New Guy, another solid entry and thematically very fitting, a bit heavy on the abilities side of things but otherwise good. And crusader is a stroke of simple brilliant genius. But again only the one number for reserves.

Surf, I really like the angle you used here. In retrospect I may have suggested dropping unique or naming him but core gameplay-wise he's epic. And you basically created a sub-faction with one piece.

Jen'ari, now this is a true uber reserves piece. Only complaint is there's a lot going on text wise and probably could have dropped jedi defender, but I would absolutely bring this piece.

Shmi, I think you hit this one out of the park. Simple, a brand new type of reserves and some great theme. And you kept it simple. Good job.

LB, you know the way to my heart, massive separatist monstrosity spawning battle Droid swarms. 10/10 from me and that's before my bias adds to it hahaha. Only question is why not just make it immediate Battle Droid reserves which spawns them adjacent and then you can drop the deployment rack?

Spry, feels like maybe could have trimmed a couple abilities here for simplicities sake but anticipation+reserves is a killer combo and really fits the theme of Hoth.

Alex, a simple way to spawn a Rancor, helps Huges and reserves so great stuff here. Now what to do with the overcosted rancor when it arrives is another thing entirely hahaha.

Jak, your piece made me laugh and feels more like an anti-reserves piece but thematically fits haha.

Blem, I think there's a bit too many abilities here but again anticipation and reserves make a deadly combo so bonus points there.

Swine, way out of left field, simple, multi-faction, super thematic, and cool new initiative rolling technique. Excellent job.

Man this was one of the harder weeks to judge. Some like Spry, Jen'ari, Alex, Swine and Jak went full reserves and did it well. Others like
CHS, New Guy and Alex made a brand new character with a sweet reserves tie-in. But in the end I had to go with the best reserves-style pieces that also adds something fresh and new.

3rd LB, Fits well with existing sep pieces and makes for a great scenario piece
2nd Shmi, I really like the new reserves ability as kind of a delayed reinforcements, be interesting to see how it plays out in a squad.
1st Swine, new way to modify rolls, super simple and multi-faction!
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 11:56:11 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
LB, you know the way to my heart, massive separatist monstrosity spawning battle Droid swarms. 10/10 from me and that's before my bias adds to it hahaha. Only question is why not just make it immediate Battle Droid reserves which spawns them adjacent and then you can drop the deployment rack?

There's a simple answer for that, but the truth is I forgot that the Immediate reserve abilities set up adjacent. Will definitely modify it after the voting is over as that simplifies things.
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 2:45:16 PM

3 Spryguy

2 Swine

1 GG
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 3:53:23 PM

AlexTheGreat wrote:
3 Spryguy

2 Swine

1 GG

If I remember correctly. when Alex writes it like this, GG is in 1st and Spry is in 3rd.

Having said that, I believe, jak, swine & I haven't voted yet, & it's a six man scrum.

Try to get it done in the next hour or so .....
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 4:34:59 PM

1: Surf wouldnt have thought to make that char, but i like it, and the CCC theme fits with this character in an interesting way

2: CHS123 very interesting Jabba, I like it :)

3: Newguy: A Revan that would help flesh out the OR for newer and different Jedi....why not? :)
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 4:35:45 PM

1. Spryguy

2. Shmi15

3. Corranhornsux

This next week I am not responding to anyones parts on my piece until I make comments on other pieces. Surf is right that it does suck when people do not comment and I had a little time this week. I feel like I need to set that rule out I will always find a way to not comment
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 4:54:47 PM

CHS - Jabba is Zann's enemy, why not give his followers something specific against the Consortium.

NG - Mando;s coming into OR is an interesting idea. Just a lil too undercosted for me .....

jen - Interesting, but I don't actuall remember the original clones not coming from Kamino

LB - GG is an auto vote on Seps, but this thing should be almost the size of an AT-AT .....

spry - Since shmi already approved it who am I to argue, even if its still slightly undercosted. With Tenacious (Like) and reserves he'd be 44.

Alex - Gotta admit, never seen anybody use a piece twice ..... BlooMilk

jak - I actually like this piece; needs a lil work but otherwise ....

GG - Interesting piece. Mando's in the NR. Wish I'd counted how many Jedi could fit in.

blem - Life Debt is the one thing that I'm not sure of; just seems that it could be hinky at the weirdest time ....

swine - Shouldn;t it have had Affinity. I think its facsinating and just wish the Antarian contingent had more pieces for you to choose from.

More to come ....
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 4:56:01 PM

jen'ari wrote:
This next week I am not responding to anyones parts on my piece until I make comments on other pieces. Surf is right that it does suck when people do not comment and I had a little time this week. I feel like I need to set that rule out I will always find a way to not comment

Just noticed this. It Does make it hard to work in a vacuum when you don't get much feedback .....
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 5:43:48 PM

Dinner's over, thinkings done, time to vote ....

3rd Place Swine .... still imperfect but gotta love the Antarians

2nd Place Blem .... not entirely sold on it but its getting there

1st Place jak .... Love me some Jawa's

Honorable Mention GG - Maybe its I hate the other Daala but it was a darn nice piece.

... unless I am in error, jak and swine are the only votes officiallyy left, otherwise Swine wins??
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 6:51:49 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

surf_rider56 wrote:

Korriban Academy Headmaster I've worked on and off on many sub-faction ideas and the Korriban Academy is one of them. The idea here is that the Headmaster could call upon acolytes/recruits/students when needed. Rapport knocks the Recruits price down to 4pts, which means you can get 5 at a time. They're not necessarily much more useful than a Felucian, even with the extra force point and Force Blast I give them, but, hey, a lot of reserves are just fodder anyway and Blast Does hit for 20; if you're lucky, you might even get to use both force points and Blast twice.

Cheers,

surf

Late to the party since we're into voting... I like it, but a couple questions before voting:

Why Melee Reach 3?

No big deal, but is the Korriban Academy ID just a 'counts as name' thing for future Uniques? (like most other IDs)
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 6:53:03 PM

I haven't voted yet! Working on it.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 7:00:32 PM

swinefeld wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Korriban Academy Headmaster I've worked on and off on many sub-faction ideas and the Korriban Academy is one of them. The idea here is that the Headmaster could call upon acolytes/recruits/students when needed. Rapport knocks the Recruits price down to 4pts, which means you can get 5 at a time. They're not necessarily much more useful than a Felucian, even with the extra force point and Force Blast I give them, but, hey, a lot of reserves are just fodder anyway and Blast Does hit for 20; if you're lucky, you might even get to use both force points and Blast twice.

Cheers,

surf

Late to the party since we're into voting... I like it, but a couple questions before voting:

Why Melee Reach 3?

No big deal, but is the Korriban Academy ID just a 'counts as name' thing for future Uniques? (like most other IDs)

Melee 3 is because of the whip; the Academy is more of a subfaction-to-Be, with the Headmaster title being the unique's name/Title .... but not according to snmi Cool
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 7:49:58 PM

Difficult to decide as always... many very cool ideas, some need a bit more work (not even sure about some wording on mine)

3. GG

2. surf

1. Lord Ball

I enjoyed everyone's entries, wish I'd had more time to interact this week BlooMilk

surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 8:01:03 PM

... jak hasn't voted yet (last one.) As of right now, swine and I are tied. Hmmmmm
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 8:11:35 PM

Who has more first place votes?