Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 4:59:54 PM
Groups: Member

jak wrote:
this just in.......................
SWM is JUST a game.....................
holy cow!
how do you people handle real issues

Well normally with tact and class, but the elites bring out the worst in me.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 5:04:30 PM

Still no actual defense for the fact this piece has been changed twice and still dominates lol. I find it hilarious that this can dominate everything for four years and can't be seen as an issue and yet reserves wins once and demands a fix that kills it entirely lol if that's not clear abuse of fixing the game the way the elites want it I don't know what is.
DarkDracul
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 5:05:58 PM

jak wrote:
holy cow!

I use Daala.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 5:39:46 PM

DarkDracul wrote:
Etienne is the ONLY BC member to repeatedly bring up Daala asking for potiential errata.
The rest of the team has varying views on Daala but doesn't feel ANY urgency or need to change her AGAIN.

The Balance Committee has already made multiple errata to Daala.
Virtually every V-set since 2014 has been creating pieces to address her.
So most of us just want to leave Daala alone and see how things play out.

Etienne went undefeated at Gencon because he's one of the best players in SWM.
When did Jason lose a Regional last year? . . . when Etienne showed up after being gone for nearly a year.

I was at GenCon and watched the games against Etienne's Daala. Spry's squad would beat Etienne's Daala easily, and Spry would have won if it wasn't for unbelievable luck. If Deri hadn't beaten Spry in the finals, Etienne would have been hard pressed to repeat his lucky win against Spry. Paul's Jangalore squad was beating Etienne's Daala, Etienne bearly grabbed gambit last round to win. Then in the champs Deri made a critical error as Etienne cleverly set up Palleon's bubble.

So not only did Etienne have to play really really well, he needed super crazy luck, and a freakin genius level IQ opponent to screw up . . . yeah easy.RollEyes

FACT: Etienne has been fighting against Daala since the beginning.
He has done nothing but try and improve this game for everyone.
atmsalad wrote:
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2014 1:15:47 PM
Creating pieces like daala that make a super high act squad with act control tier 1 should be something that is avoided in the future. It may be some peoples play style, but it is horrible for the game as a whole. That's what the issue really is. I was teachings one of my friends how to play and we eventually got onto the topic about snow trooper squads. The whole idea is cheap and not fun and he wasn't interested in learning a game where that's one of the top squads right now.

It appears that the powers to be are okay with games only finishing the 3rd or 4th round by the time an hour is over. For new players, and even old, it is hard to finish 3 rounds with so many activations. My match against jake in Chicago barely got in 3, we finished the 2nd with 5 seconds left in the hour. We both were running big squads and I am new.

It would seam to me like we would want the game to be pushed in a direction that makes it fun for new players. Not frustrating which is where it is at. Does the design team realize that? I know they hear the constant complaints that they have heard for the past three years, but do they realize that the game can be actually discouraging for new players?

To the Rescue!
this is Awesome!!
I really like this. I sure do hope that post from 4 years ago (2014) sees the design team... maybe a blast from the past would do some good.

But in all reality
it is not like Atm hasn't publicly defended Daala after this past gencon....

Oh wait he did...

I am wondering if you will ask for proof. I am sure I can find it or I am sure it was deleted. Frenchy is a master of going back and deleting things. (he has been going through old threads today hahahahaha)
But enough about Frenchy.

I have yet to see any balance committee discussion. just some mumbo jumbo.

The only substance thus far is Deaths_baine post about how Daala won this years gencon. Holy junk.... that is some real domination. I mean, I just thought it went undefeated.. That is some obliteration. How can anyone see that and not think it needs changed?

I would like to know the reasoning to why it was not nerfed or banned. that is not changing.

I would like to see the discussion about Daala is all. I have my own theories about it. I don't even know who participated in the discussion. My thoughts are that it was probably 2 or 3 people.
juice man
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 5:48:33 PM

DarkDracul wrote:
jak wrote:
holy cow!

I use Daala.
How come you're not the perennial GenCon champ?
How come Frenchy hasn't won every GenCon he used Daala?
How come when two Daala squads face off the don't tie every time?
Caedus
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 6:31:27 PM

juice man wrote:
DarkDracul wrote:
jak wrote:
holy cow!

I use Daala.
How come you're not the perennial GenCon champ?
How come Frenchy hasn't won every GenCon he used Daala?
How come when two Daala squads face off the don't tie every time?

@jak Chocolate and Gummi Savers like an adult, duh.

@juice I'm going to guess Daala. Could be wrong.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 6:54:03 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I tried to win GenCon with Daala. I failed. That was before the latest errata. I haven't played Daala the past 3 GenCons because I thought I had a better chance to win playing something else.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 7:05:15 PM

yep here comes the guardians.

hahaha Guardians of the Galaxy.

smark remarks and useless statements.

The request stays the same. I would like to see the discussion. Everyone likes to throw out that this person or that person is always looking out for the best of the game and yet actions (and things they say) say otherwise. I would like the proof since I do not have any trust.
I would like to trust, but have no proof.

So it only serves the common good to get the proof out there.
For I have a theory and am pretty sure it is right.

Shields are always penetrated by truth. So lets see the truth. i doubt there is any. i am sure the same agenda pushing is going on. i am kind of sick of it. i am sick of other people being ok and wimpy about it.

it is why i left the pt committee, this shabby affair. it is weak. all your wall building and patting yourselves on the back while the game is being ruined by agendas in balance committee and back to the same ol' design overreach that we did not see at all in set 15.

I think my theory is correct and think everyone should know about it.

i don't know how many times i can prove the backward working of certain people and they still be allowed in huge leadership rolls. it is beyond me.
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 7:17:31 PM

The whole setup is de-centralised. It means that people can push their things through, but it means that one agenda isn't dominating anything. I think it's a much healthier setup than if we had one main controller, even though it means sometimes the team contradicts itself, like having flash new strafers and swarms in set 6, then strafe counters in set 7. For the record, I'd love to tone down Pellaeon by removing Ysalamari to tone the Imperials down, but I'm just one voice among many and I don't throw my toys every time I disagree with someone.

There are no conspiracies. I'm on the Playtest Committee, the Balance Committee, etc, and I don't see any evidence of secret blocs, apart from some guys from Tennessee who jump on every conceivable negative bandwagon. The group of people producing the sets are just a bunch of people who love a dead game doing the best they can to keep it alive, and doing so for more than 7 years after it finished production. Your conspiracy theories make you look like you go around wearing a tin foil hat.
Caedus
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 7:42:32 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I tried to win GenCon with Daala. I failed. That was before the latest errata. I haven't played Daala the past 3 GenCons because I thought I had a better chance to win playing something else.

I've never played Daala. Not a fan of her, but much like Vong and Reserves, I don't want a playstyle banned out of existance. I have tried to build squads with her, they just dont interest me. To each their own.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 8:03:01 PM

TheHutts wrote:
The whole setup is de-centralised. It means that people can push their things through, but it means that one agenda isn't dominating anything. I think it's a much healthier setup than if we had one main controller, even though it means sometimes the team contradicts itself, like having flash new strafers and swarms in set 6, then strafe counters in set 7. For the record, I'd love to tone down Pellaeon by removing Ysalamari to tone the Imperials down, but I'm just one voice among many and I don't throw my toys every time I disagree with someone.

There are no conspiracies. I'm on the Playtest Committee, the Balance Committee, etc, and I don't see any evidence of secret blocs, apart from some guys from Tennessee who jump on every conceivable negative bandwagon. The group of people producing the sets are just a bunch of people who love a dead game doing the best they can to keep it alive, and doing so for more than 7 years after it finished production. Your conspiracy theories make you look like you go around wearing a tin foil hat.

No conspiracies lol HAHAHHAHA shall I show them our Facebook's chats everyone that knows what i am talking about LOL maybe some private bloomail messages LOL. No conspiracies that's actually the laugh I needed from this thread LOL. Well I promised swine I wouldnt share private things after our last discussion. It's actually hilarious that you accuse us of wearing tin foil hats I'll bloomail you something that may make you put one on with us lol.

Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 8:11:31 PM

General grievous I'll send you a private message that will make you want to put on a ton foil hat too. This is fun.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 8:13:18 PM

TheHutts wrote:

No conspiracies? we know that is not true by the mere fact that a poll was rigged the other day...
hahaha
we also know it is not true because of secret messages and tampering with power and authority. It is not happening so much now (thanks to me mostly and TN "so what I believe you were trying to say is thank you" "thank you?" "You're Welcome" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM ). but it still happens in subtle ways.
The Frenchy / DarkDracul team up should never have been allowed. They will never correct each other. That alone is a "secret combination".

So, since you are on the balance committee why don't you enlighten us?

Let me be able to take off my "tin foil hat"

fact is that this conversation scares certain people. I have been right about almost all my theories (mainly because I know they are fact, I just withhold the facts, they come out eventually)
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 8:22:06 PM

Who else would like some messages to help you desire a tin foil hat lol.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 8:22:55 PM

Ooohhhh echo I see you in here would you like to know the conspiracy about you? HAHHAHAA IT'S A GOOD ONE!
Echo24
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 8:24:31 PM

Quote:
conspiracy

But seriously, I think you should use the word “agenda”, or something else. Which TheHutts used and I also think it appropriate. People might be trying to “shape” the game in ways they want, but a conspiracy would mean they’re trying to knowingly harm the game. Like, I think Unkarr is bad and should be banned, but I do generally think he was at least made in good faith. I don’t think anyone has ever done something while twirling their mustache and saying “Hahahaha! This will REALLY drive players away!”.

This thread is pretty offputting from all sides, but at the very least I hope people know that the design teams and balance committee are working in good faith. I disagree with a lot of what’s been done and even more of how it’s been done over the years, but I do actually believe that the people doing them are doing what they think is best for the game.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 8:25:54 PM

Oh boy echo. .. you could really really really benefit from some of these LOL.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 8:28:08 PM

I call it a conspiracy because it was clear that their agendas would harm the game and they did it anyways.
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 8:30:32 PM

TheHutts wrote:

Reserves won ONE regional, that they dominated, and immediately a piece was released to hard counter it, and now a new Floor rule was made to counter it....

Call me crazy in my tin foil hat all you would like, but I think Daala did the exact same thing... Except instead of a Regional it was GenCon....

Hmm... Maybe I am crazy. Maybe there are no agendas on anything at all.. I mean. That seems fair right?
Echo24
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 8:32:52 PM

shmi15 wrote:

Reserves won ONE regional, that they dominated, and immediately a piece was released to hard counter it

Unkar had been finalized (maybe even sent to the printer) before Jason won that regional; in fact Jason played Reserves just because he knew Unkar was coming. Whether that makes his design more or less reasonable is an exercise left to the reader.