INDIANA REGIONAL (KOKOMO - June 9th) Options
AceAce
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2018 3:57:03 PM
Groups: Member

Aww, I am sorry to hear that Lily.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2018 7:45:59 AM

Schedule request officially granted I am in.

glad to finally return to the Indiana regional after a 2 year hiatus.
AceAce
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2018 4:02:09 PM

YES!
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 1:59:05 PM

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 9:00:05 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

What a great event! Thanks, Bryan, for hosting, and everyone for showing up.

I finished first after Swiss (3-1 with 9 points), second overall. My squad was:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/178657/eighth-cortex--2nd-place-2018-indiana-regional
30 Shedao Shai
28 Tsavong Lah, Warrior Elite
27 Jakan, Most High Priest
27 Nen Yim
22 Khalee Lah, Warrior Progeny
19 Eighth Cortex Shaper
18 Yuuzhan Vong Consul
15 Yammosk War Coordinator
11 Advance Agent, Officer
7 Shamed Intendant
5 Zonoma Sekot Scout

Most of the time I brought in the Yun Ne'Shel Priest with the Eighth Cortex Shaper, but a couple of times I brought in the YV Executor instead.

Round 1 against Bryan running Plagueis, Alema Keto, Jaq, Bandon. This was a pretty bad match up for Bryan, but he managed to get a couple of good Dominates on Plagueis to take out Khalee Lah (who did basically nothing in this match). Between Tsavong and Shedao I took out Plagueis and Alema, then Shedao took out Jaq with a couple 40-damage hits from Shedao. He couldn't Avoid Defeat because of Exterminate, so that was Game Over. 1-0 with 3 pts.

Round 2 against Mike playing Rebels Laranth Tarak, Leia Rebel Commando, I5-YQ, Jax Pavan, See Threepio. This game was super close right up until the end. I don't remember most of the back and forth, but in the end I got to the point total on Gambit just after time was called, so another three-point win for me. 2-0, 6 points.

Round 3 against Etienne playing Luke and Leia on Speeder, Kyle Rebel Operative, Jan Ors. This was not much of a game. We were playing on Outlaw City and when I opened the middle doors to start advancing he unloaded with Kyle, putting enough damage on my people with Splash 20 that I wasn't able to withstand the Strafe the next round. I had a nice move to try to put damage on Sabine with a cannon shot from the Executor on Khalee, but rolled a 1. After all my main attackers were dead, I conceded, since I didn't see a way to 100 points. 2-1, 6 points.

Round 4 against Jason playing Luke and Leia on Speeder, Jyn, Cassian, Sabine, Artoo-Detoo. We played on his map, Command Deck. He got off a good Strafe at the beginning, but unfortunately killed one of my fodder pieces, allowing me to use Jakan's CE to move Nen Yim away from his declared landing square. He rerouted to get a strafe on her, but couldn't kill her. Later in the game, Tsavong made a save 15 against Sabine's missiles to stay alive an extra round, which enabled me to kill her. This was a bad match up, fighting against Crix's disruptive and a lot of fire power, but rolls were on my side and I managed to win. 3-1 with 9 points, first place after Swiss.

Top 4 was me, Etienne, Randy, Shawn.

Semifinals vs Shawn playing Cognus, Zannah, Ommin Sith Sorcerer, Exar Kun Force Ghost. This was just another bad matchup for Sith. My beats took down Cognus, then Zannah, made a bunch of Presence of the Dark Side saves. Shawn conceded after that and it was on to the finals.

Finals vs Randy. Randy was playing Talon, Morrigan, Mara Jade Smuggler, Todo 360, Blizz, Cad Bane, Bomo Greenbark. This game looked to be going my way right up until Cad killed the Yammosk. That wasn't such a problem in and of itself, but m guys had taken enough damage taking out the rest of his squad that they just couldn't fight Cad off. I conceded once I was down to Nen Yim and Jakan against Talon and Cad.

Congrats to Randy on a well-deserved first Regional win and thanks again to Bryan for a great event. I'm very proud of my unique Vong squad, which definitely performed a little better than expected.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 9:42:24 AM

Congrats on the top 2 finish!

Cad Bane rides again