Starting Date: Tuesday, March 27th
Cost: FREE!
Map List: Vassal Custom. The Official Vassal Regional Map List will be:

1. Night Club
2. Rhen Var Citadel
3. Throne Room
4. Rancor Pen
5. Cantina

Legal Pieces: All WotC and V-Set pieces, up through and including V-Set 15 (including the BHC pieces). Please take note that you are welcome to use V-Set pieces, although you’ll need to use proxies for V-Set 11-15 since those pieces have not yet been added to the Vassal Module.
Squad Format: 200pt Constructed. All SWMGPA Floor Rules will be in effect, including errata and decisions made by the SWM Balance Team.
Judge: Caedus. I'd like to have another judge who can rule if a dispute arises in one of my games; please volunteer if interested.
Prizes: Bragging rights. Name and Squad will be placed in a Forum of Honor and the deep respect of all the highly skilled players on Vassal.
Format: Standard Regional Format: Swiss rounds based on attendance, then cutting to a Top 4 for playoff rounds (1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd, then the winners play each other in the Finals).
Game Length: 70 min rounds, including setup time. Since we’ll all be using Skype, there is no reason why the game has to take longer than 60 minutes, but since the Vassal interface might not be completely familiar to some players, we’ll make it 70 just to be fair to everyone. Players need to keep track of their own time during their matches. Set a countdown timer. (Skirmish Tracker App is AMAZING for this!)
System Requirements: You must have Skype, or at least some sort of live voice-chat capability such as FaceTime or a basic phone call, in order to play. Seriously, there are so many different avenues available to us now that there’s really no good reason not to have a way to speak with your opponent.
You must also have the newest versions of the Vassal mod (version 11) and the V-Set extensions (v 10.0) on your computer.
Player Requirements: You must make a faithful and reasonable effort to check your BMs at least once every 24 hours after the tournament has started. You are responsible for staying up-to-date on what is going on with the tournament, and for communicating with your opponent each round in order to schedule and play your game. I will send a BM to all players every time a new round of pairings are announced. BM permitting.

How to Register
1. Sign up in this thread
2. Before 8:00 pm EST on Sunday, March 25th, send me a BM that includes ALL of the following information for yourself:
-Real name
-Screen name on Vassal
-Skype name
-Map choice
-A Bloomilk squad link for your squad. Make sure that your squad is set to Public rather than Private.
As with any Regional tournament, your squad and map choices will apply for the whole tournament. You may not change your squad or map after the tournament has begun.

How the Tournament Will Run
This year the tournament will be run over the course of several weeks, as it was last year, so that everyone can fit their games into their own schedule.

Something New this year. Each round, once pairings are announced, players will have 10 days in which to contact their opponent, schedule and play their game, and then report the results. When I announce the pairings I will also announce the deadline for completing those matches.

The winner of the game is responsible for reporting the game results. Please report your game results in THIS thread, and then send me a brief BM, stating that you’ve reported your results. Reports need to include the player names, the squads, the map that was used, and the score after 70 minutes of play. Match summaries of one sort or another are welcomed too, but not at all necessary.

If it turns out that all the matches have been completed their match before the week’s time is up, then we’ll start the next round a little earlier. Regardless, players will never have more than 10 days to complete match, once that round’s pairings have been announced.

In the case of any match not being completed by the deadline, both players will receive a double-loss unless one player can demonstrate that his/her opponent has been completely non-responsive to communications. But please don’t let it get that far; if your opponent is still non-responsive after 24 hours then contact me via BM immediately. In this case we’ll deal with situations as they come up. Unfortunately, this year, I will be issuing a hard deadline in order to be consistent and fair to all the other players. No exceptions to this rule. I am sorry.

Gaming disputes (ie, slow play, cheating, etc) that arise during the game should be directed to me via BM. I'll be checking my BMs regularly once the event begins. Rules questions can be sent directly to our expert SWM rules gurus (one of the benefits of a format like this). Be sure to take note of the time remaining in the match when you pause for a situation like this, so that you can continue with that same time after you’ve resolved the dispute.

We will be using a strict 3-2-1 scoring system: it will be “200 or 2.” No exceptions. Since people will be playing at different times, there is no way to reliably contact someone to resolve a dispute, and so please just play fairly and at a good speed. Seriously, it's not like there are big cash prizes on the line or anything! :) Consider this preparation for GenCon or other big events, where you'll need to know how to play quickly if you want to do well.

After the debacle of last year, unfortunately the next rule must be implemented. (Kinda like warning labels on Tide Pods)
Even though this is a competitive tournament and under "normal" circumstances no one would be watching a future opponents game because they would be playing their own, we are trying to encourage the community involvement. So ALL ROOMS WILL BE UNLOCKED unless BOTH Players agree to lock it.

Let's get signed up and play some mini's!!!
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 6:10:04 AM
Groups: Member

Please keep the thread on Point and don't be an A$$
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 6:17:00 AM

Those Pre-Registered

1. jen'ari

2. kezza

3. DarkDracul

4. TimmerB123

5. Darth Frenchy

6. CorranHornsux123

7. General Grievous

8. UrbanShmi

9. Flying Arrow

10. spryguy

11. tint

12. Caedus
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 6:48:22 AM

Just for the record, Rancor Pen is the Rancor Pen with fixed tiles, correct?

As in, there are 2 routes across the map (1 above the rocks in middle and 1 below rocks in middle).
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:02:01 AM

Not a huge fan of being in an unlocked room against a few opponents but I'll sign up though I do need my roommate to add my computer to the network so I don't disconnect all the dadgum time.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:42:04 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

In.
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 8:08:10 AM

This is exciting! Thanks for the post Caedus and good call on the rules format. Hard deadlines, open rooms, tide pod labels and all that...

Looks like we have 10 players right now, let's keep it going!!
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 8:31:11 AM

Ooooh, fun! Sign me up. I’ll send in my squad info as soon as I can.
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 1:07:04 PM

jen'ari wrote:

As in, there are 2 routes across the map (1 above the rocks in middle and 1 below rocks in middle).

I'm at work. I'll check and give you the answer then.
Naarkon
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 1:43:31 PM

Go ahead and sign me up. However, I'm pretty busy this semester so I might have to withdraw before the tourney starts. Once it gets closer to that time I will have a better idea of whether I can spare the time.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 2:18:55 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

jen'ari wrote:

Can we get a clarification here? I've never seen the 2-route version used in a tournament, although it might end up being a better map that way. And it is on Vassal. I imagine the tile might be relatively rare so not a good choice for a map for an in-person tournament.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 2:43:07 PM

Sorry, I thought the fixed tile was the tournament one....
Haha
So yes clarification please
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:52:06 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

Can we get a clarification here? I've never seen the 2-route version used in a tournament, although it might end up being a better map that way. And it is on Vassal. I imagine the tile might be relatively rare so not a good choice for a map for an in-person tournament.

The Rancor Pen Map I was referring to is the one on Vassal maplist B. Sorry for the confusion.
Caedus
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2018 9:51:07 AM

5th Map Added!!! Reminder Registration ends March 25th. I am sending jak my squad tonight to keep it honest
Caedus
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2018 9:54:34 AM

Current Maplist

2 Favor Melee - Throne Room and Rhen Var

2 Favor Shooters - Nightclub and Rancor Pen

1 Neutral - Cantina
shmi15
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2018 12:50:48 PM

I am interested in playing... But I would need to redownload all of Vassal... I got a new lap top, so does anyone have the link or something? And if I get it downloaded I will play also
HoneHeron
Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2018 2:34:36 PM

Sign me up! Pre warning that I am currently in my uni semester, working, and also live in NZ so may have some difficulty scheduling games. But I will do my best to make time!
Caedus
Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2018 5:24:27 PM

HoneHeron wrote:
Sign me up! Pre warning that I am currently in my uni semester, working, and also live in NZ so may have some difficulty scheduling games. But I will do my best to make time!

Outstanding just send your map choice and squad prior to March 25th
Naarkon
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2018 7:51:18 AM

I'm not going to be able to participate this year. I've just got too much going on this semester.
Caedus
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2018 7:56:18 AM

Naarkon wrote:
I'm not going to be able to participate this year. I've just got too much going on this semester.

Well That stinks