RegisterDonateLogin

More useful than 90% of Rebel Storm.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

World Vassal Regional 2018 Sign up and Reporting Thread Options
DarkDracul
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 9:47:03 AM
Groups: Member

General_Grievous wrote:
Does anyone know how to get ahold of Darkdracul?

I'll contact you tonight. It's been a very busy week for me.
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 10:36:54 AM

DarkDracul wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
Does anyone know how to get ahold of Darkdracul?

I'll contact you tonight. It's been a very busy week for me.

All good feel free to bloomail me back to set up contact details brother
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 10:41:52 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Caedus wrote:

In the case of any match not being completed by the deadline, both players will receive a double-loss unless one player can demonstrate that his/her opponent has been completely non-responsive to communications. But please don’t let it get that far; if your opponent is still non-responsive after 24 hours then contact me via BM immediately. In this case we’ll deal with situations as they come up. Unfortunately, this year, I will be issuing a hard deadline in order to be consistent and fair to all the other players. No exceptions to this rule. I am sorry.

The above^^ was stated before the tournament even started.

Round 2 had people in it that had extreme circumstances and wanted to get their games in but couldn't.

No special priveleges or extended time was granted. I think it is unjust to, all the sudden, allow for more time. Especially since it was stated so finitely from the beginning.

If Frenchy can't get his game in on time he takes the loss via the rules spelled out by Caedus before the tournament began. and I will quote this portion as well

"Regardless, players will never have more than 10 days to complete match, once that round’s pairings have been announced."

and
"Round 3 Starts now! You have until the 26th to finish the round!!"

He's the TO. He's in charge.

Did the other players contact Shawn beforehand with special circumstances to set up something specific? From what I've read it's all kind of been after the fact, not something preplanned.

Bottom line is that Caedus is the TO. It is literally his job to make these calls.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 10:50:59 AM

Timmerb he already made the call.

The Rules are set.

He specifically stated NO EXCEPTIONS and REGARDLESS and NEVER. these are absolutes (yes I know there is a pun there somewhere)

As far as others contacting Caedus beforehand. It literally does not mean anything. It is not a point that needs or should be discussed. The rules are SET.

read this

"Regardless, players will never have more than 10 days to complete match, once that round’s pairings have been announced."

REGARDLESS definition means "despite the prevailing circumstances"

If I couldnt get my game in after reading the rules set up by Caedus I would not have thought it was even possible.

The idea that this was even entertained is absurd.
This is instantly becoming "accommodations" for the "special" people.

everyone knows this is stupid. You cannot read the quotes that the moderator "swore" by and think otherwise.

I am calling for the deadline to be kept via established rules.

I am also calling for Caedus to think about the special treatment he is giving to some while not granting it to others. It is unfair treatment and more importantly it would be dishonest.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:01:47 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Timmerb he already made the call.

The Rules are set.

He specifically stated NO EXCEPTIONS and REGARDLESS and NEVER. these are absolutes (yes I know there is a pun there somewhere)

As far as others contacting Caedus beforehand. It literally does not mean anything. It is not a point that needs or should be discussed. The rules are SET.

read this

REGARDLESS definition means "despite the prevailing circumstances"

If I couldnt get my game in after reading the rules set up by Caedus I would not have thought it was even possible.

The idea that this was even entertained is absurd.
This is instantly becoming "accommodations" for the "special" people.

everyone knows this is stupid. You cannot read the quotes that the moderator "swore" by and think otherwise.

I am calling for the deadline to be kept via established rules.

I am also calling for Caedus to think about the special treatment he is giving to some while not granting it to others. It is unfair treatment and more importantly it would be dishonest.

+1.....

in solidarity.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:07:06 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
I conceded my game to hone

spryguy1981 wrote:
I am giving the full win to Kez.

They conceded. End of story. (respect to both of them for doing so in their specific circumstances)

This is a different circumstance. Both players were in communication and contacted Shawn. He's the TO, he made the call.

End of story.

jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:11:18 AM

TimmerB you always do this. You always act like you can come in and have any authority or worse that you are in a righteous position.

They conceded to be respectful. Something that Frenchy should do if he can't get his game in.

They did not question the rules Caedus set to be respectful.

Caedus does not have the authority to change the rules. that is the bottom line. He made rules. Now his job is to uphold them.

If Caedus allows for extra time it will be a mockery of the rules he established. He will be dishonest and a Cheater. End of Story.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:13:51 AM

It's a game. We all are trying to have fun playing this game.

Why are you so dead set on making it not fun for the rest of us?
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:14:10 AM

jen'ari and Deaths Baine. I am giving special circumstances because it was brought up to me BEFORE the round even began. If any of the others would have contacted me I would have considered it. Instead NO ONE (not spry, not Deaths Baine, not Hone, not Darth Rattlehead NO ONE) said anything until the DAY of DEADLINE. THAT is what my ruling inferred and implied

My initial ruling is that one person was not in contact with their opponent at all. In this case a party to the game in question asked for more time BEFORE the round started. Had ANY of the others at the First Instance said anything at all to me I would have, more than likely, granted the extra time.

Of course you do have a reprieve. YOU MAY TAKE YOU BALL AND GO HOME JUST LIKE YOU DID THE LAST TIME. Either way is fine with me.
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:17:23 AM

In the case of any match not being completed by the deadline, both players will receive a double-loss unless one player can demonstrate that his/her opponent has been completely non-responsive to communications. But please don’t let it get that far; if your opponent is still non-responsive after 24 hours then contact me via BM immediately. In this case we’ll deal with situations as they come up. Unfortunately, this year, I will be issuing a hard deadline in order to be consistent and fair to all the other players. No exceptions to this rule. I am sorry.

make sure you highlight all points, just not the ones that make you feel superior. Now either QUIT or keep playing, but please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, QUIT EFFING BITCHING!!
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:19:42 AM

hahahahahaha.

I don't think it was fun for Spryguy to miss out on his game.

"I currently do not have access to my vassal due to circumstances beyond my control. I am giving the full win to Kez."

or for Deaths_Baine

"my friend from work's mom passed away last night, and I am now going to struggle to get my game in this weekend. I am going to try to play it Friday night after 10:30p.m. if I am able to"

So ya. It sucked for them. Where was your bleeding heart then TimmerB?

jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:23:51 AM

Caedus wrote:

make sure you highlight all points, just not the ones that make you feel superior. Now either QUIT or keep playing, but please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, QUIT EFFING BITCHING!!

Caedus Spryguy told eveyrone from the start that it would be hard to get some games in. DeathsBaine's happened suddenly and he brought it up as well.

Neither brought it to you because you said

Regardless, players will never have more than 10 days to complete match, once that round’s pairings have been announced.

So please spare us the bullshit. You are a cheater and pathetic event coordinator. You are grasping at the one line that MIGHT help your case. But dealing with it as they come up still falls within the never have more than 10 days to complete match. and the

Unfortunately, this year, I will be issuing a hard deadline in order to be consistent and fair to all the other players. No exceptions to this rule.

the key word I underlined and bolded for you.?

Screw you and your mistreatment of your power. I am staying in the tournament even with the mistreatment of players, the cheating, and the lies. you sir, are a cheater and a liar.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:33:10 AM

Dude, you can make your point (that I personally disagree with) that you disagree with the action is being taken. That is your right.

To disparage and slander Shawn in such a way shows a real lack of character.

Shawn is doing this tournament out of the kindness of his heart, and love for the game. I know for a fact that he is honest and not a cheater or a liar.

It is a judgment call that he is making and I truly believe he is trying to be as fair as possible in the situation.

It's a judgment call, and he is literally the judge.

Keep the name calling out of it
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:33:13 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Caedus wrote:

Caedus Spryguy told eveyrone from the start that it would be hard to get some games in. DeathsBaine's happened suddenly and he brought it up as well.

Neither brought it to you because you said

Regardless, players will never have more than 10 days to complete match, once that round’s pairings have been announced.

So please spare us the bullshit. You are a cheater and pathetic event coordinator. You are grasping at the one line that MIGHT help your case. But dealing with it as they come up still falls within the never have more than 10 days to complete match. and the

Unfortunately, this year, I will be issuing a hard deadline in order to be consistent and fair to all the other players. No exceptions to this rule.

the key word I underlined and bolded for you.?

Screw you and your mistreatment of your power. I am staying in the tournament even with the mistreatment of players, the cheating, and the lies. you sir, are a cheater and a liar.

Well you wont have to worry about this anymore because you are out of the tournament.

NOBODY talks to me in that manner. You are absolutely fortunate that this isnt a live tourney. and you better believe that. YOU ARE OUT!!!
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:38:30 AM

Hahaha your pathetic caedus.

Facts hurt.
Other facts are that you wouldn't do anything if we were face to face. Keep you little boy threats to yourself.

You are a liar. You pick and choose who to help and who to give accommodations.

So much for being consistent and fair.
Does that make you feel bad that I pointed out your hypocrisy?

You suck at this
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:41:05 AM

I think the worse part of all this of that you are disgracing Vader of Lothal and Sidious with pathetic playing as well.

Shawn you truly are disgustingly weak charactered. Can't even take someone being mad at you
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:47:39 AM

Sounds like we might need to hold for re-pairings.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:51:31 AM

Hey Caedus can you please explain to everyone why you started out trying to be hard on deadlines and were cutthroat in round 2 but then buckled like a bitch once frenchy was in France?

More specifically.
Why did you not care about spryguy's predicament or deaths_baine?
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:55:54 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
I know for a fact that he is honest and not a cheater or a liar.

Can you define honest?
Can you define cheater?
Can you define liar?
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:58:46 AM

Can we add a ticker thing that changes next to bloomilk that says:

The rules apply to some... but not all.

please ThumpUp