RegisterDonateLogin

I do not want the Emperor's prize damaged. We will test it on Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 94 - (Function than Theme) - Force User Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, March 5, 2018 5:24:23 PM
Groups: Member

Initial thoughts ....

CHS - Kas'im. I can never remember what a piece looks like initially, and we can only see the latest version. Having said that, jen called it "the Cin Drallig for Sith." Am I the Only one that's noticed this is almost Exactly Cin JB?
Exact same base stats, SA's only cosmetic changes (Double vs Twin, Melee vs Lightsaber Duelist) Only diff is Cin has GMA & Soresu Style. Same Force 2, Renewal 1 & Reposte; only diference on FP's Asssault & Sweep vs Precision & Brutal. I'll give you that the CE's give out a different end product for followers. But come'on CHS, its too similar!

Spry - Tenebrous. As shmi said, I like the idea of E Precog. I'd feel better if it was save 11 or maybe roll twice for 16. Could be me. After reading up on him, not sure where the result of Bond comes from but the real center of the piece is E Precog anyway.

Alex - Thexan. For a practically none existant sub faction, you seem to be mining it pretty deep. And has been noted, I only saw it today and not sure what to make of it and don't know if I have time to research him either .... seems interesting ... and where in their timeline is this?seems to be helping Arcann

LB - Sigel Dare. Haven't read tha tpart of the NR in a Loooong time. Seems like a solid piece but not sure what to say. As I said last character ... Where in her timeline is this?

Juice - Corran. Never askd. "Finish all moves between attacking" and rsxtra attacks .... did this mean I could move More than 6 spaces and still attack? A little too close to basic CorSec Officer (which in fairness he was.)

shmi - Arcann. Yes, interesting coincidence, but I'll roll along with it. Another EE character and I know next to nothing abot them other than Vitiate, so again I may not have time to reearch and don't know what to say in all honesty.

Blem - Cade. Wow, between the EE and the tale end of the NR Cade era, you huys have thrown a Lot of stuff at me that I know nothing about. This is going to be rough trying to vote on.

GG - Armorer. Since I only said this yesterday on the only minute I spent on here the whole weekend, I'll just repeat my comment here "Soryy, I haven't been around at all this weekend. Grandkids T-Ball, etc --- but even if its a lil late, the base cost with just melee & Force 3 is 16, 2 FA's (19) 3 SA's & a CE .... at least a 27 ... but an interesting idea one way or another ....... " Not sure how I feel about a "living ally" getting the armor; I can see possible abuses there. Maybe would've been better with a non-unique getting it.

Votes hopefully after dinner ....

Peace,

surf

blemelisk
Posted: Monday, March 5, 2018 6:10:00 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Initial thoughts ....

CHS - Kas'im. I can never remember what a piece looks like initially, and we can only see the latest version. Having said that, jen called it "the Cin Drallig for Sith." Am I the Only one that's noticed this is almost Exactly Cin JB?
Exact same base stats, SA's only cosmetic changes (Double vs Twin, Melee vs Lightsaber Duelist) Only diff is Cin has GMA & Soresu Style. Same Force 2, Renewal 1 & Reposte; only diference on FP's Asssault & Sweep vs Precision & Brutal. I'll give you that the CE's give out a different end product for followers. But come'on CHS, its too similar!

Spry - Tenebrous. As shmi said, I like the idea of E Precog. I'd feel better if it was save 11 or maybe roll twice for 16. Could be me. After reading up on him, not sure where the result of Bond comes from but the real center of the piece is E Precog anyway.

Alex - Thexan. For a practically none existant sub faction, you seem to be mining it pretty deep. And has been noted, I only saw it today and not sure what to make of it and don't know if I have time to research him either .... seems interesting ... and where in their timeline is this?seems to be helping Arcann

LB - Sigel Dare. Haven't read tha tpart of the NR in a Loooong time. Seems like a solid piece but not sure what to say. As I said last character ... Where in her timeline is this?

Juice - Corran. Never askd. "Finish all moves between attacking" and rsxtra attacks .... did this mean I could move More than 6 spaces and still attack? A little too close to basic CorSec Officer (which in fairness he was.)

shmi - Arcann. Yes, interesting coincidence, but I'll roll along with it. Another EE character and I know next to nothing abot them other than Vitiate, so again I may not have time to reearch and don't know what to say in all honesty.

Blem - Cade. Wow, between the EE and the tale end of the NR Cade era, you huys have thrown a Lot of stuff at me that I know nothing about. This is going to be rough trying to vote on.

GG - Armorer. Since I only said this yesterday on the only minute I spent on here the whole weekend, I'll just repeat my comment here "Soryy, I haven't been around at all this weekend. Grandkids T-Ball, etc --- but even if its a lil late, the base cost with just melee & Force 3 is 16, 2 FA's (19) 3 SA's & a CE .... at least a 27 ... but an interesting idea one way or another ....... " Not sure how I feel about a "living ally" getting the armor; I can see possible abuses there. Maybe would've been better with a non-unique getting it.

Votes hopefully after dinner ....

Peace,

surf

Legacy is a VERY interesting series from DKC. Should be able to find an Omnibus style reprinting from Disney's Marvel BigGrin

1: CHS
2: Surf
3: Lord Ball _cause my Cade wants to run with your Knights to kill Sith BlooMilk Cool
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Monday, March 5, 2018 6:20:17 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Initial thoughts ....

In my defense when I made this piece I was just looking through the abilities looking for stuff that could fit him then I sat LT and was like that's perfect so I just finished him from there he originally had rage, grip and illusion but as someone pointed out he was more trained in the saber so I changed up his FPs. And I didn't even know we had a cin drallig in minis yet until Ken pointed it out (I only play and collect sit, Mandos, and old republic) but I had already made him and stated him way before I knew he existed

I'd also like to point out that I made him in 2013 RollEyes
shmi15
Posted: Monday, March 5, 2018 8:45:13 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Initial thoughts ....

Go to Youtube, type in
Eternal Empire trailer" Click on the first video you see, fast forward to 1:39 seconds, and watch it from then until 2:20. That 20 seconds is what my character is created from. After rewatching it, Sith Hunter prob should've been on him :(
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, March 5, 2018 9:23:19 PM

Ok shmi, I've actually seen that vid before .... and frankly it still leaves me not understanding much .... other than where you found the character Cool

CorranHornsux123 wrote:

I'd also like to point out that I made him in 2013 RollEyes

.... and Corran, Jedi Battlemaster came out in the Vengence V-Set in 2012 ........

Edit: As I look at the characters and try to figure out what to vote, I am struck by the fact that Juice and I seem to be the only people left to vote; the irony and nothing personal when I say this is that CHS seems to be the winner and while I couldn't really care less as such it bugs me that he'll win with a near copy (in my eyes at least) of an already existing SWM character ... just an observation Huh
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 3:54:41 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Ok shmi, I've actually seen that vid before .... and frankly it still leaves me not understanding much .... other than where you found the character Cool

Which ability do you not understand in it based on that trailer?
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 4:21:17 AM

1. GG

2. Spryguy (still think it is a tad too powerful, but it is close)

3. shmi15
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 5:19:01 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:

It's pseudo-all-inclusive, but with a stronger leaning towards her earlier time as a loyal Knight to Roan Fel. If I had to pick a single specific time period it would be right before she gets the help of the Jedi to fight the Sith - hence why her CE would work with them in her squad, but she does not have the ability to squad build with them (though I was tempted to add it in her CE - to have them keep their faction over affinity).

Due to her involvement with sabotaging the Imperious I thought about giving her Satchel Charge over Door Shatter, but I didn't like the idea of handing out Satchel Charge (since door control is probably the knights biggest weakness, and function is the flavor of the week).
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 7:06:30 AM

shmi15 wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Which ability do you not understand in it based on that trailer?

Never said I didn't understand abilities, just the whole theme in general. I didn't have time to watch/rewatch it to catch everything. It's a nice piece I just don't have time to analyze it. Pain looks a lil much and Glint ... was that from a look he gave?? +20 Damage sounds like a lot.

3rd Place - Juice

2ns Place - GG

1st Place - spry
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 7:58:20 AM

Just tallied it up and looks like CHS wins with 10, followed super closely by Spry, Surf and myself. Congratulations and post up the new week brother!
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 8:10:03 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Just tallied it up and looks like CHS wins with 10, followed super closely by Spry, Surf and myself. Congratulations and post up the new week brother!

Hmmm .... I could've swore it was a three way tie between you, spry and CHS ..... did one of us miscount?
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 8:27:21 AM

.... my mistake, CHS wins with 10, GG & spry have 9; but it still bugs me that CHS's piece is a near copy of the Corran Horn, Jedi Battlemaster from the Vengence V-Set.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 9:45:41 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
.... my mistake, CHS wins with 10, GG & spry have 9; but it still bugs me that CHS's piece is a near copy of the Corran Horn, Jedi Battlemaster from the Vengence V-Set.

Haha I just compared and I don't see it, their only things in common is melee attack and a force rating. It has more in common with a mashup of Cin Drilig and old WOTC Qui-Gon Jedi trainer
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 9:52:13 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Haha I just compared and I don't see it, their only things in common is melee attack and a force rating. It has more in common with a mashup of Cin Drilig and old WOTC Qui-Gon Jedi trainer

Apoligies; I ment Cin from Command of the Galaxy, not Corran ... was thinking about CHS when I wrote it ...
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 9:56:23 AM

Haha all good that is the confusing part about us and our Star Wars names hahaha. And I agree it's got some in common but still different enough to fit the Sith theme more, and the dark side needs a dueling instructor too.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 10:03:50 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Haha all good that is the confusing part about us and our Star Wars names hahaha. And I agree it's got some in common but still different enough to fit the Sith theme more, and the dark side needs a dueling instructor too.

Just wish it was a Little, bit more different. Come on now, Same base stats, 6/11 abilites the same ... it just bugs me and as I said, nothing personal, but we put a lot of time in creating "Custom Character Creation" here .....
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 11:12:54 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

Just wish it was a Little, bit more different. Come on now, Same base stats, 6/11 abilities the same ... it just bugs me and as I said, nothing personal, but we put a lot of time in creating "Custom Character Creation" here .....

as i said before i created him without knowing there was a Cin i dont play republic i only play Sith, Mando, and Old republic, my other friends i play with usually play seps, New rep or Vong we dont have someone in our play group that actively plays republic and i dont usually look at the V-sets un-less i see a piece for the set i like but you can have your own opinion i didnt mean for him to be like Cin it was just a coincidence sorry you feel that way.