RegisterDonateLogin

You can't win, but there are alternatives to drinking.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 95 (Bounty Hunter Challenge) Options
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 10:07:30 AM
Groups: Member

Alright guys so for this weeks CCC is all about making other Bounty Hunters Playable there are a few rules as follows

1. The character must be fringe or have the Independent Outfit SA.
2 No more than 7 SA's/FP's (Melee, Unique, Force x, counts as x, and Commander Effects) do not count towards your allotted 7 abilities.
3. No Boba Fett (this CCC is to try and make other options available besides BF, AFH)
4. Must cost 50 points or less.

1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. Try to give feedback if possible to help designers out. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, March 10th, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, March 12th, 2018..
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.

Here is my entry for this week http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30675/calo-nord--bounty-hunter
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 10:45:37 AM

Does a CE (if applicable) count towards the Ability allotment or is that separate as well?
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 10:59:09 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30836/bossk--mercenary

I guess my main concern is should it have Regeneration of some sort?
Hutt Cartel can possibly give him overload so is that too powerful with Thermal Detonator?

and is cost right for tier 1 play?
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 11:05:45 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
Does a CE (if applicable) count towards the Ability allotment or is that separate as well?

Completely forgot about that hahaBlink it can count separate.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 11:11:44 AM

Ok, I'm not sure I understand ....

CorranHornsux123 wrote:
Alright guys so for this weeks CCC is all about making other Bounty Hunters Playable

Is this phrase about making Other BH's playable, or making a particular BH more playable??
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 11:18:24 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:

CorranHornsux123 wrote:
Alright guys so for this weeks CCC is all about making other Bounty Hunters Playable

Is this phrase about making Other BH's playable, or making a particular BH more playable??

Yes i want to see a wide variety of bounty hunters that could potentially be played in a tourney because usually when your building a team and looking for good fringe BH's Boba usually outshines everyone else. I wanted to see what the community could do by making pieces that could challenge AFH or get people to choose another BH beside Fett.
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 11:41:23 AM

That's my entry for this week guys! I need some help on the cost though?
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30673/aurra-sing--bounty-hunter
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 11:50:22 AM

In my youth I spent many hours playing Rebellion... That said, I offer my Favorite character from that game (don't ask why, because I have no idea).

Noval Garaint

Gave him Force 1, because I would start the game over if Vader never sensed Force potential in him.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 12:14:38 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 12:26:32 PM

CorranHornsux123 wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

CorranHornsux123 wrote:

Well, I took it as meaning you should be making other pices playable so my character is

Bounty Hunter Guild Chief Cradossk

He was quite the formidable Hunter in his day; never could convince Jango to join and even the Jedi didn't mess with a legal bounty while he was in charge.

Cheers,

surf
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 12:39:38 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
CorranHornsux123 wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

CorranHornsux123 wrote:

Well, I took it as meaning you should be making other pices playable so my character is

He was quite the formidable Hunter in his day; never could convince Jango to join and even the Jedi didn't mess with a legal bounty while he was in charge.

Cheers,

surf

Nice Surf! i really like this guy makes Non-unique BH's super effective!
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 1:54:48 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

Just to clean up the card I would suggest removing the Guild references - sure it's flavorful, but doesn't seem necessary.
i.e.
Rapport = Non-U BH cost 3 less (Rapport doesn't usually give out an "ability" anyway)
CE = Non-U BH ... get +3 A/D

unless you have other uses for "Guild"-ing them.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 2:21:24 PM

Lord_Ball wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Just to clean up the card I would suggest removing the Guild references - sure it's flavorful, but doesn't seem necessary.
i.e.
Rapport = Non-U BH cost 3 less (Rapport doesn't usually give out an "ability" anyway)
CE = Non-U BH ... get +3 A/D

unless you have other uses for "Guild"-ing them.

Guild is sorta a "Sub- Sub Faction" I work with, so yeah in his "world" its necessary ... BigGrin
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 3:29:03 PM

Ok, I want the cost to be about 45... So that Zam Wessel can benefit from Prideful. I know Prideful is not flavorful in name... But it fits the function of a boardwide damage boost with a restriction.

The Replace Attacks ability to show him giving the BH info on the targett.

I like the High HP, Low D with this guy.

The CE is there so you don't want to use Talon with him to get that bonus, or any other staple Fringe piece thats not a BH.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30845/jabba-the-hutt--contractor
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 6:05:08 PM

Lord_Ball wrote:
In my youth I spent many hours playing Rebellion... That said, I offer my Favorite character from that game (don't ask why, because I have no idea).

Noval Garaint

Gave him Force 1, because I would start the game over if Vader never sensed Force potential in him.

Yea where did he come from? Did he come from a book or what? Or did Lucas arts just throw him in there? First time I heard of him was in the video game. Also, you do know there is an editor for the game so you can make him 100% guaranteed Force potential right? Flapper
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 6:28:38 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Here's my half-baked idea for this round...work in progress for sure.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30843/djas-puhr--bounty-hunter
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 4:44:39 AM

blemelisk wrote:
Lord_Ball wrote:

Noval Garaint

Yea where did he come from? Did he come from a book or what? Or did Lucas arts just throw him in there? First time I heard of him was in the video game. Also, you do know there is an editor for the game so you can make him 100% guaranteed Force potential right? Flapper
Well it was mostly before I had the internet. Good Times.
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 10:47:01 AM

Scratch the Jabba!!! I am going with this idea!

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30867/ig-88b
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 3:00:36 PM

Whaaaat an Imperial entry:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30871/darth-vader--bounty-hunter-liason

An effort to recreate the original Bounty Hunter scene from ESB and boost up the 5 Rebel Storm bounty hunters and the first Zuckuss specfically and bring them up to modern Vset standards.
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2018 3:35:24 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30874/ailyn-vel

The daughter of the great Boba Fett himself.