RegisterDonateLogin

You can waste time with your friends later.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 95 (Bounty Hunter Challenge) Options
jak
Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2018 4:54:35 PM
Groups: Member

dusted this ole gem off, and tweaked it a littleCool

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/19665/dharhan
blemelisk
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2018 5:44:25 PM

Ok so one of the retired Clone Commanders (or any other highly trained Clone, such as ARF or ARC trooper) turns bounty hunter after being force to retire. Having still close connections to the higher ups he can be hired to go after ppl the imperials want taken out. Specially force sensitives.
This char is obviously non unique, though we dont have any true cannon on those clones that retired except for the 3 in rebels, this is my take on a clone commander (or as above ARC trooper etc) that was forced to retire but couldnt "stay out of the action long". Besides he is a clone of a bounty hunter and a clone brother to Boba Fett. So this seemed a logical possibility. His cost might be too high, i could be wrong since I gave him GMA and double. What do yall think? Please comment in the character thread thinger. BlooMilk

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30876/retired-clone-commander-turned-bounty-hunter
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2018 7:09:21 AM

.... well Thank God I made such a perfect piece that I needed no commentary OMG

I was wondering if I'd done it correctly but since no one spoke up I'll start planning next weeks CCC now instead of doing it at the last second ....

First off, I'd like to thank everyone at the Academy, I couldn't do it without all the little people .... Thank you to all my fans, I do this for you, thanks to ..........................................

Wha' ..... oh, dang, that was a weird dream! RollEyes RollEyes RollEyes

Back to reality .............
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2018 7:18:50 AM

Sorry surf. I like your piece quite a bit. My only complaint is for all the different attack boosts he grants +4 from coming +2 to unique +3 to non unique.

I wish it has something more stream line for ease of play and keeping up with it.
With talon he goes to a 21 attack. Which is high. Could make bh +4 instead but it is not a big deal for 48 points. I enjoy built in double claw twin.
I do wish he had a replaces attacks ability of some sort though
juice man
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2018 7:53:21 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
.... well Thank God I made such a perfect piece that I needed no commentary OMG

I was wondering if I'd done it correctly but since no one spoke up I'll start planning next weeks CCC now instead of doing it at the last second ....

First off, I'd like to thank everyone at the Academy, I couldn't do it without all the little people .... Thank you to all my fans, I do this for you, thanks to ..........................................

Wha' ..... oh, dang, that was a weird dream! RollEyes RollEyes RollEyes

No jet ski for you!
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2018 9:51:00 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
CorranHornsux123 wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
Ok, I'm not sure I understand ....

CorranHornsux123 wrote:
Alright guys so for this weeks CCC is all about making other Bounty Hunters Playable

Is this phrase about making Other BH's playable, or making a particular BH more playable??

Well, I took it as meaning you should be making other pices playable so my character is

Bounty Hunter Guild Chief Cradossk

He was quite the formidable Hunter in his day; never could convince Jango to join and even the Jedi didn't mess with a legal bounty while he was in charge.

Cheers,

surf

Needs Regen! Its a Trandoshan! And PC only seems weird because it says not named Fett. I know you added it for the flavor of the week thing, but the wording is just odd for someone who benefits BH. Nothing OP about him, and I see some fun theme squads.. But I still think Regen should be on him somewhere
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2018 7:18:57 PM

jen'ari wrote:
Sorry surf. I like your piece quite a bit. My only complaint is for all the different attack boosts he grants +4 from coming +2 to unique +3 to non unique.

I wish it has something more stream line for ease of play and keeping up with it.
With talon he goes to a 21 attack. Which is high. Could make bh +4 instead but it is not a big deal for 48 points. I enjoy built in double claw twin.
I do wish he had a replaces attacks ability of some sort though

Well, he gives non-uniques +3 Attack and Cunning; Cunning isn't always usable. The Uniques that get +2 have a Hard within 6 squares limit. Ok, its a lil strange but I thought the non-unique BH's deserve the 3, through a bone to the Uniques and Cunning is Cunning ....

juice man wrote:

No jet ski for you![/quote]

But I LIKE my jet Ski's!!! Love

shmi15 wrote:

Needs Regen! Its a Trandoshan! And PC only seems weird because it says not named Fett. I know you added it for the flavor of the week thing, but the wording is just odd for someone who benefits BH. Nothing OP about him, and I see some fun theme squads.. But I still think Regen should be on him somewhere

Practically Every Trandoshan has Rend, Double Claw and Regen .... and that's about half of the 7 abilities Max we get for this CCC. I went outside the box and said :I'd rather have x ability." Regarding the "No Fett" on PC, he never could convince Jango to join the guild and Boba was still an up and comer ... I "excluded" the Fett's to reflect this, not to make it "Flavorful. "OP?"
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2018 8:12:13 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

@surf - sorry for the late comments...

I like what you have going on here. I could quibble about wording consistency with Guild effects, but writing Bounty Hunter's Guild every time is a space eater for sure. Anyway, my main (rules) beef is that Rapport reduces character cost, and does nothing else.

Granting BHG should be 'Part 1' of the CE. (I'll consider it as such for voting decisions)

And to all, I'd be fine with it if we drag this one out a bit to allow folks some final adjustments if they want.
I'm done with mine, except for cost uncertainty (tho probably good within the +/- 5 margin).

swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2018 8:12:19 PM

I like what you have going on here. I could quibble about wording consistency with Guild effects, but writing Bounty Hunter's Guild every time is a space eater for sure. Anyway, my main (rules) beef is that Rapport reduces character cost, and does nothing else.

Granting BHG should be 'Part 1' of the CE. (I'll consider it as such for voting decisions)

And to all, I'd be fine with it if we drag this one out a bit to allow folks some final adjustments if they want.
I'm done with mine, except for cost uncertainty (tho probably good within the +/- 5 margin).

shmi15
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2018 11:47:41 AM

So when are we voting then?
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2018 11:52:50 AM

I think it's fine to start voting tonight, gives people the afternoon if they wanted to adjust but got to keep it moving haha
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2018 11:56:10 AM

swinefeld wrote:

Well .... normally I'd consider adjustments, but as I may have mentioned, the "Template" for my cards are on Powerpoint, and I forgot to bring my flash drive home with me with this week's CCC , so I have what I have.

Ah well, let the dice roll where they may ,,,,
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2018 5:46:05 PM

1. GG
2. Spry
3. Surf

There are my votes feel free to take an extra day or so making adjustments if people need to.
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2018 6:46:22 PM

Surf - Not a bad design, Twin attack is what makes him really playable. Way to make cheap guildist a bonus. I still wish this piece had Regen :(

CHS- I really like this guy, and he is a beast in a Fringe Squad. Even helps his squad by boosting NU Bounty Hunters. I actually really like this design.He can drop some heavy damage on a Force User, but I am replaying KOTOR right now, and he is no scrub.

Jen - I really like your Bossk, cheap and really effective, good in multiple squads. I just wish he had Regen :( You had the space left to add it, and I don't think it would've raised his cost but maybe 1/2, if at all.

AlexTheGreat - Well, its not that she is bad... I just wish it had a little more flare in it. Careful Shot to me should not be on it, and I think you could've added something "sexy" to it. Good design tho, and I think I could find a way to get her on the table somewhere.

Lord Ball - I like everything except the CE, and then Contingency plan on top of it. CP is a pretty big ability, and the CE is basically Boardwide, which means this guy can sit back and not worry.

Flying Arrow - The CE is what gets me... And the cost. I know the idea was to make BH better... But this guy is over the top IMO for 14. Boardwide Cunning/Evade for Unique BH? Thats a Lobot drop for sure. I know he doesn't do anything else, so you are paying 14 for that ability. I just dunno, it feels very strong.

Swinefeld - I love IVA. Hard Hitter with some good movement, but after reading it closely I think its only good occasionally with APV. His defense being so low makes it very hard to keep him alive, but his +6 D on AOO is helpful. Just depends on if they get any damage on him when he gets based. Very Unique build. Nice Work.

GG - Interesting take on a Vader. But I still think he is better in a non BH build than with the BH. Points for being Unique this week.

Spryguy - I like the built in Intuition. Means in a Talon squad she can set herself up and Talon can set up a Deepstrike or something. Very nice job.Master Shot is nice, I think a controlled damage on her makes it completely doable.

Jak - This guy is just a tank. He fits in a few different Factions, even at costing 50. Fringe squads have a damage eater and a hard hitter, especially if you get both attacks off. Cyborg opens him up to some interesting Seps squads. Definitely the most versatile piece.

Blemelisk - I wish the name was a little different. Its a really long one to type out. Not sure about the CE either, seems weird he gives them +4 defense against Unique Force Users.

1st CHS

2nd - Jak

3rd Jenari

Tight race. 2-5 were really neck and neck, and certain things about them swayed my decision. AlexTheGreat and Swinefeld were the other 2 who were neck and neck with Jak/Jenari.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2018 4:17:36 AM

1 swine (bring on that "Puhr Justice" )
2 shmi
3 jak

Honorable Mention - GG for such an out of the box entry.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2018 5:02:05 AM

shmi15 wrote:
Lord Ball - I like everything except the CE, and then Contingency plan on top of it. CP is a pretty big ability, and the CE is basically Boardwide, which means this guy can sit back and not worry.

just curious is that how people in your area played the original Nom Anor?
shmi15
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2018 8:09:14 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

just curious is that how people in your area played the original Nom Anor?

Nom Anor is the very first reason I started to hate the species formally known as the Vong.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2018 9:43:28 AM

1. shmi15
2. swinefeld
3. jak
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2018 12:29:24 PM

3 CorranHS

2 Shmi

1 Blemelisk
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2018 6:03:21 PM

1: Lord Ball cause your Noval roll came out with him having force potential, no need to restart ThumpUp
2: Flying ahh yes Jabba, he pays his hunters well doesnt it. Giving out evade (and Cunning) to a BH is what every BH needs! BlooMilk
3: Alex, a good all around Aurra, very nice. ThumpUp

GG, Vader? Vader isnt a BH bud? I like what where you were going but... Also that CE...Extra attack AND GMA? for the group he is giving that to that makes them far far more deadly they they already were. All for only 38?