RegisterDonateLogin

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that Milk, not excuses.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 96 (Make a WOTC piece better) Options
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:07:45 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Minimum 1 custom ability, or exactly one? Does a new Synergy or Rapport count?
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:11:24 PM
Groups: Member

surf_rider56 wrote:
I made this about 7-8 years ago when I created my Tatooine sub factions (with Cantina, Jawa's Tatooine townfol and Tuskens.) There are a Lot of Tuskens and even with Hett, they were barely playable ...

Tusken Shaman

Back in the day, the "new" Tusken Chieftain didn't seem to go far enough. This guy helps the Tusken non uniques (me making a non unique, what a surprise) and while it doesn't cure all the Tusken problems, it helps a bit.

Cheers,

surf

Kudos on this Surf. I am actually a fan of the Tusken Raiders, and I love how you are helping the old ones become somewhat playable. I love your created ability. +3/+3 and 10 damage is pretty sweet.
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:12:29 PM

swinefeld wrote:

New synergy and Rapport is a stretch of a "created" ability....
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:17:41 PM

shmi15 wrote:
swinefeld wrote:

Cool, so just need to have at least 1 totally new ability, if I understood you.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 11:33:16 PM

Here is the reason I made Atton fringe a snippet from his wook page:

While under Revan, he was put through intense combat training to make him an effective Jedi hunter, assigned the task of capturing Jedi so that Revan and his acolytes could attempt to convert them into loyal Sith. However, when a female Jedi prisoner revealed that he was Force-sensitive and that he would likely be subjected to such treatment himself, he went into hiding on Nar Shaddaa, the moon of the planet Nal Hutta.
Several years later, Rand found work at the Peragus Mining Facility. Mere days after the crews brought aboard a starship with two women and a few droids aboard, the station was sabotaged. Every organic inside was killed by murderous droids, with Rand, who had been imprisoned for a security violation; the ship's would-be owner, Meetra Surik, also known as the Jedi Exile; and an old woman named Kreia as the sole exceptions.
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2018 4:15:48 AM

Guys that is my proper entry, I made a mistake last time and now I present you my other option...
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28639/sabine-wren
Any thoughts???
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2018 4:26:35 AM

Ok so here is my preliminary entry:
Padawan Apprentice

Jedi Masters just never felt very masterful with their limited Force points, so I sought to give them a way to get a few more. Of the Republic Jedi with Jedi Master the Vsets include Ki-Adi, Jorus, and Yaddle. Yaddle and Jorus have Force Renewal so they would not gain any benefits, leaving Ki-Adi, so I must ask is this acceptable per the rules?
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:04:38 AM

I updated my boy (semantics is Not my strong suit) ....

Tusken Shaman 2.0

EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2018 12:12:20 PM

shmi15 wrote:

Point. I updated my guy to have a new ability (lets him be used to combine fire twice per round) and bumped up his cost for it.
blemelisk
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2018 12:43:57 PM

swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2018 4:45:07 PM

Still working on one...
It might be either the most dumbly-awesome or awesomely-dumb idea I've ever had. Probably the latter. LOL
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2018 6:28:35 PM

Yep, it's the latter. Hey GG, I tried... Wink

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31911/tie-crawler-pilot

Nice to see Emperor Dragon joining the fun. Looking forward to him picking apart all the rules issues I glossed over. BigGrin
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2018 10:13:37 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
I updated my boy (semantics is Not my strong suit) ....
Tusken Shaman 2.0

Furious Assaulting twinning Banthas/Snipers makes me smile. :D
Counteracts Mighty Swing on the grunts though... what to do, without adding outsiders? (FT)
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 1:52:43 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31913/carlist-rieekan--new-republic-general

You didn't specify whether or not the custom could boost other characters as well as the specific WOTC character. I've always been disappointed that NR troopers are generally sub-par (the OG NR troopers, not Galactic Alliance ones or Disney ones). So Rieekan (who seemed like an appropriate guy to do it, and doesn't already have an NR version unlike Garm, Dodonna, Wedge etc) boosts the NR Trooper (chosen piece to boost) into semi-playability. He manages to get the V-Set NR Elite Trooper and NR Vet Trooper while he's at it, but those guys have never been good anyway. (And he gives Dodonna and Wedge a boost. Not that they needed it).
Lord_Ball
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 3:49:08 AM

I actually like the simplicity of the Saleucami, but the Commando is probably the better of the 2, however I don't think this approach is what the rules intended (see rule 3: The piece must be flavorful to the character it represents, and it must also make sense to the piece it helps) as these don't really seem to "help" another piece.

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:

You didn't specify whether or not the custom could boost more than one WOTC piece. I've always been disappointed that NR troopers are generally sub-par (the OG NR troopers, not Galactic Alliance ones or Disney ones). So Rieekan (who seemed like an appropriate guy to do it, and doesn't already have an NR version unlike Garm, Dodonna, Wedge etc) boosts the NR Trooper and the NR Vet Trooper into semi-playability. He manages to get the V-Set NR Elite Trooper while he's at it, but that character has never been top-tier anyway. (And he gives Dodonna and Wedge a boost. Not that they needed it).

Definitely need some rules clarification (the NR Vet Trooper is also a Vset piece), might want to drop the second part of the CE as that would help a bunch of Vset pieces, and doesn't seem critical to the design anyway (just a nice bonus)
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 10:04:04 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:

I actually like the simplicity of the Saleucami, but the Commando is probably the better of the 2, however I don't think this approach is what the rules intended (see rule 3: The piece must be flavorful to the character it represents, and it must also make sense to the piece it helps) as these don't really seem to "help" another piece.

You didn't specify whether or not the custom could boost more than one WOTC piece. I've always been disappointed that NR troopers are generally sub-par (the OG NR troopers, not Galactic Alliance ones or Disney ones). So Rieekan (who seemed like an appropriate guy to do it, and doesn't already have an NR version unlike Garm, Dodonna, Wedge etc) boosts the NR Trooper and the NR Vet Trooper into semi-playability. He manages to get the V-Set NR Elite Trooper while he's at it, but that character has never been top-tier anyway. (And he gives Dodonna and Wedge a boost. Not that they needed it).

Definitely need some rules clarification (the NR Vet Trooper is also a Vset piece), might want to drop the second part of the CE as that would help a bunch of Vset pieces, and doesn't seem critical to the design anyway (just a nice bonus)

Ah, whoops. The Elite Trooper was so average that I simply assumed he was a WOTC piece, lol. Still, it meets the criteria- no one said anything about not being able to help other pieces and Vset pieces in addition to the stated character, and it's supposed to be thematic.
blemelisk
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 10:43:21 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:

Ah, whoops. The Elite Trooper was so average that I simply assumed he was a WOTC piece, lol. Still, it meets the criteria- no one said anything about not being able to help other pieces and Vset pieces in addition to the stated character, and it's supposed to be thematic.

Shmi could you clarify? does it they both not meet rule 3 as being an improvement on the origional? I also think the abilities added are logical. and the new abilities are logical or make sense? If not I will adjust and let you rule either or for both.

The trooper has a visor, thus i gave him special sight/targeting. but only for himself as to not make the piece over the top

the commando now is more commando-y and can do more. His damage isnt that high, but then he can get some really good CEs etc in the Rebels. A commando should be able to damage a heavily armored vehicle (at at) or shielded character etc while getting in and out pretty easily, its a commando after all. Btw the new special ability for him means even his granades ignore damage reduction etc. (krak granades, special sapper granades etc?)

THank you Shmi for your judgement!
shmi15
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 10:59:37 AM

blemelisk wrote:
Lord_Ball wrote:

Shmi could you clarify? does it they both not meet rule 3 as being an improvement on the origional? I also think the abilities added are logical. and the new abilities are logical or make sense? If not I will adjust and let you rule either or for both.

The trooper has a visor, thus i gave him special sight/targeting. but only for himself as to not make the piece over the top

the commando now is more commando-y and can do more. His damage isnt that high, but then he can get some really good CEs etc in the Rebels. A commando should be able to damage a heavily armored vehicle (at at) or shielded character etc while getting in and out pretty easily, its a commando after all. Btw the new special ability for him means even his granades ignore damage reduction etc. (krak granades, special sapper granades etc?)

The piece should focus on helping WOTC pieces, with out V-set pieces benefiting the same. The example I gave Jenari was help Ani on STAP, while not helping Anakin the Chosen One.

So I would say the ruling would be if it benefits V-set just as much as WOTC, then it should change to focus on making the WOTC payable.
blemelisk
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 11:13:05 AM

shmi15 wrote:
blemelisk wrote:
Lord_Ball wrote:

The piece should focus on helping WOTC pieces, with out V-set pieces benefiting the same. The example I gave Jenari was help Ani on STAP, while not helping Anakin the Chosen One.

So I would say the ruling would be if it benefits V-set just as much as WOTC, then it should change to focus on making the WOTC payable.

I must have miss understood the CCC forgive me, I will adjust accordingly!
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 12:42:19 PM

With the clarification to the rules, my earlier custom doesn't fit as well. So... http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31920/brigadier-general-bren-derlin