RegisterDonateLogin

All visitors within 6 squares must tell a friend about Bloo Milk; save 11

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 97 Back to the Beginning Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 12:40:25 AM
Groups: Member

So as fans of the Star Wars saga, Tatooine has a huge role in the life of the saga. It seems we end up seeing it many times. It was the first planet we were introduced to in the original trilogy. This was sort of inspired by Surf's Tusken from last week. Tatooine is know for its harsh desert landscapes, its nomadic desert dwellers, it's wretched hives of scum and villainy, and the control of the Hutt Cartel. This week i want to see something made that is a part of this planet. Whether it be from one of the many epic scenes of the movies, or one of it's native species, or anything from the cantina, jabba's palace etc.

1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. Try to give feedback if possible to help designers out. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, March 24th, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, March 26th, 2018..
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:43:13 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 5:07:09 AM

jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 5:10:50 AM

surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:41:16 AM

.... I'm feeling silly and I can't think straight ... and I have to lecture in 45 minutes ....

Be it on your heads .... until further notice if/when I can be serious again ....

Cantina Floozy

Hutt Cartel Strumpet

If you need explanations/character descriptions .... I can't help you ....

Cheers,

surf
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 7:07:28 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
.... I'm feeling silly and I can't think straight ... and I have to lecture in 45 minutes ....

Be it on your heads .... until further notice if/when I can be serious again ....

Cantina Floozy

Hutt Cartel Strumpet

Hilarious, but they seem a bit powerful for the cost. I suppose they are in the +/-5 range, but when the costs are that low that's a big difference.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 7:27:42 AM

actually the floozy is close to balanced haha, just have to add a save ability to change the number that turns enemies to just 1 or lucky number 7 haha.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 7:38:15 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Cantina Floozy

Hutt Cartel Strumpet

Hilarious, but they seem a bit powerful for the cost. I suppose they are in the +/-5 range, but when the costs are that low that's a big difference.

General_Grievous wrote:
actually the floozy is close to balanced haha, just have to add a save ability to change the number that turns enemies to just 1 or lucky number 7 haha.

If you guys actually think these are my Serious entries ......RollEyes RollEyes RollEyes

BlooMilk
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 7:47:22 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
If you guys actually think these are my Serious entries ......RollEyes RollEyes RollEyes

BlooMilk

I wouldn't expect it, but you have stated you'd like to see more people commenting... No Bloo Milk
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 8:08:07 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

BlooMilk

I wouldn't expect it, but you have stated you'd like to see more people commenting... No Bloo Milk

Touche' My Friend! BlooMilk
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 8:33:21 AM

CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:03:56 PM

Heres my entry made a few tweaks since the last i updated him

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/15683/black-market-dealer
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:49:30 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31926/anakin-skywalker--desert-phantom

Anakin during the scene where he wipes out the Tusken Raider camp.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 2:27:02 PM

move over battledroids!
there's a 4Point Hutt Cartel organic looking to replace you.
oh, wait, their SA's only effect Organics?
Ne'ermind.

these are 'fun lore friendly non-combatants',
which will see a lot of use in scenario play.
now we can recreate that Jabba's Palace scenario much more accurately.
After luke defeats the Rancor,
there's no way they wouldn't have rioted and outright tried to tear Luke apart...
Thanks, Surf! BigGrin
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 5:10:53 PM

Back by popular demand it's the SANCRAWLER!! (insert dramatic music here):

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31927/jawa-sandcrawler

open to suggestions and ideas. This very much meets the CCC and the CCC never said it has to be a piece that would be tourney legal etc. This is very MUCH a show/play/scenario type piece.

Im sure GG is drooling over this one Cool
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:09:59 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

A bit short on ideas due to work brain-drain. I'll start here for now.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31928/img-099-patrol-droid
juice man
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 7:20:57 PM

I really like the Floozy, no comments please, but cute for a human should only work vs. males.Drool
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 8:43:49 PM

Decided to make one based off of Tatooine's most notable non-Hutt crime lord:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31929/lady-valarian

Think I got all her core aspects represented (Gambling operations, natural viciousness, and that mercs preferred to work with her over Jabba).
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 5:24:55 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:

Cantina Floozy

Hutt Cartel Strumpet

If you need explanations/character descriptions .... I can't help you ....

Cheers,

surf

I go with Hutt Cartel Strumpet all the way!!!!
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 10:22:02 AM

So, I didn't want to add to the Tusken's after last week, the Cantina's been done to death (although I thought about a character selling death sticks) Mos Eisley wasn't something I felt like doing (although I have several Tatooine villagers lying around ... I opted for the other natives of the plains, the Jawa's.

With all due respect to the V-Setters, the Clan Chief is not much and the 5.75 score shows it. No Camaraderie/Rapport love for the little fella's?? Scramble is next to useless and while Accurate is nice, giving them Opportunist would have been better. My own thoughts on that subject, nothing personal .....

Jawa Scrap Skiff

Yes, I know, no Mounted ... another near useless ability, but this is more a support piece than anything else; and frankly, its 7 years old and I always loved the pic. Since its carrying junk, can't carry Jawa's, but now they cost 3 and you can actually try a swarm of them.

It is what it is, as I continue my Love-fest with helping out old WOTC pieces three weeks running .....

Cheers,

surf