RegisterDonateLogin

Forget Jawa Juice--that's soo Clone Wars-era.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 98 The Bigger the Better Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 3:11:12 PM
Groups: Member

AS I've said Many times (cue the Chorus) "I hate Uniques and I dispise doing things over thirty points ... so to force myself out of my comfort zone, as Swine said ....

swinefeld wrote:
I'd like to see a CCC focused all-Colossal. (sorry surf Wink)

Yes, I want to see what 'cha got kids. Huge or Colossal. I like my 5 pt pices, what can You make that's Colossal!

Let's try to be original guys, not just 5 versions of the AT-M6 from the Last Jedi. What Haven't we seen yet? Heck I can think of 3 things already, none of which fly (bet you thought I only do Lil things.)

Rules - None, but be reasonable in your costing; try to make it more SWM and not RPG in cost And abilities (No Star Destroyers, No Deathstar's etc) Can we try Not to make everything Epic?

1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. Try to give feedback if possible to help designers out. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, March 31st, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, April 2nd, 2018..
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.

Good Luck and may the best piece win!
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 4:45:56 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

It sounded good when I wrote it...

Question: For Colossal, are we to use the AT-ATs specific footprint? If not limited to that shape, what is the maximum footprint?

Again, my apologies, surf. That's at least 2 cold ones I owe you now. BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 5:55:54 PM

swinefeld wrote:
It sounded good when I wrote it...

Question: For Colossal, are we to use the AT-ATs specific footprint? If not limited to that shape, what is the maximum footprint?

Again, my apologies, surf. That's at least 2 cold ones I owe you now. BigGrin

Ok, fair enough. An example of what I Don't think we need in the game

Greater Krayt Dragon

If a Young Krayt was 140 HP with +12 Attack & 30 Damage, what would This guy be?? This is an example of an RPG piece, not a SWM. Help? I can post my own choices if its necessary now .....

General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 6:33:07 PM

Until I think up something else I'm just going to leave this here:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23151/young-rakamat
kobayashimaru
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 6:40:16 PM

@swinefeld
great question <--- I direct you to contemplate "Conway-Coxeter nets" at The Electronic Journal of Combinatorics
to see all the kinds of nets and movement pairing which are theoretically possible. BigGrin

you can use any base and configuration,
provided you append the accompanying Glossary Reference on how it's envisaged to function.
does it move like a "Knight"? a "queen"? some other piece?
Most things will fit onto a standard Large, Huge or Colossal base though.
The Glossary on movement requires the player to choose the square from their starting position and count from that,
this applies to Large, Huge and Colossal.

Colossal abrogated the 'what if the base doesn't neatly line up" 'messy hypothetical'
by forcing "Ponderous Relentless" etc, which prevents it from moving laterally,
though, the targetting rules could handle an AT-AT which is diagonally positioned etc.

It becomes a Sorities-Categorization-Error paradox, where the Miniature is also the map-itself...

I mean, the next time you look at the Death Star map...
notice the Imperial Shuttle etc,
compare those to the 1:48 miniature. Once you notice this gap in scale for the vehicles depicted on the maps,
to the miniatures themselves...
it's hard to un-notice it hehe.

@Surf
neat!
that's an awesome greater krayt dragon,
it'd go great with your v3 Sarlaac.
That'd be great for scenario play, instead of a Rancor as a "big-bad" or to recreate TheOldRepublic era.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 6:51:16 PM

Thanks Koba!

Colossal base size in SWM is not defined, beyond >3x3. (only have the AT-AT)

So maybe if everyone just defines their characters footprint in 1st character comment, and assume casual (ie the Open/Banned maps are in play) since we're trying to make SWM and not RPG?

Or whatever. What I'm currently fiddling with might be 5x5 or 4x4, depending on what I reference it against. I dunno, as I'm way out in the weeds as far as characters go... BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 6:51:47 PM

Ok, let's look at Huge in our game. The "bigger" the piece, the more out of wack they are scale-wise to the average, medium base piece. Some huges should be larges, some should be Colossal; the AT-AT could be a step up, a "Gargantuan" piece. These are my two entries (and yes, I'll pick one before friday.)

I think either one could be huge, could be colossal. They are definitely Not large's.

Gungan Fambaa Shield Generator

I made this one 5 years ago, Bet you didn't think I did things this size, did ya Swine-y? Cool

My second choice (Try to control yourself GG ....)

AAT Battle Tank

Actually I have three Revell AAT models that are pretty much on scale .... I had to make cards for them. BigGrin

Does this bring more clarity??

Cheers,

surf
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 7:09:30 PM

kobayashimaru wrote:
@swinefeld
great question <--- I direct you to contemplate "Conway-Coxeter nets" at The Electronic Journal of Combinatorics

Koba, more than Anybody else on any board, you Alone make me feel like I'm still in first garde; I can barely Pronounce Combinatorics never mind use it in a sentence .... and I Certainly didn't understand a Word of the explanation that followed that word ..... hard to believe I have a Masters and been teaching 37 years .... you make my brain hurt!!!!

BlooMilk
shmi15
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 7:28:12 PM

Hmmm... I may sit out this week. Nothing is really coming to mind for this competition. And I'm still confused on what base size we are using! lol
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 7:36:07 PM

shmi15 wrote:
Hmmm... I may sit out this week. Nothing is really coming to mind for this competition. And I'm still confused on what base size we are using! lol

Huge *or larger*. If larger (ie Collossal), best to specify base dimensions in character thread when/before making it public.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 7:40:33 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
I made this one 5 years ago, Bet you didn't think I did things this size, did ya Swine-y? Cool

Surf, nothing you make would surprise me, seeing how image-inspired your character/card designs are. BlooMilk

And yeah, the BARC Speeder is 'huge'? RollEyes

I'll do my best to make stuff up in my own mind out of some minimal tidbits from wook. I enjoy such attempts. BigGrin

p.s. - reading Koba's posts is a painful reminder that I don't read anywhere near enough material outside of e-mails, blogs, social media and such these days. Laugh
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 7:48:43 PM

I suppose this isn't what you meant Razz

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31961/30-battle-droids

I may come back with a serious entry later. Life is busy right now, and I don't want to officially enter unless I know I'll be able to give useful feedback.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 8:38:36 PM

jak
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 9:50:52 PM

Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 4:28:54 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
I think either one could be huge, could be colossal. They are definitely Not large's.
Gungan Fambaa Shield Generator

Technically speaking - for the Shield Generator it should probably say Non-Melee attacks instead of "ranged", in which case you could drop the melee part at the end.

surf_rider56 wrote:
AAT Battle Tank
Cheers,
surf

is Maiin the manufacturer of the big cannon Blink BlooMilk
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 5:02:22 AM

for your viewing pleasure I submit this Monstrosity (referencing Design not function) - Click picture for stats
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 8:01:54 AM

Heres a link for my piece guys if you wanted some background for it

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canderous-class_assault_tank
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 10:31:41 AM

The Hutts tried and failed numerous times to enslave these massive beings. They eventually sent a droid army to wipe them out instead.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31962/gargantelle
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 5:03:45 PM

Open to suggestions... But. Here is my idea. The Falcon.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31970/millennium-falcon
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 9:47:17 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31973/foreign-intruder-defense-organism--fido-

I considered making a starship, but I wanted to stay within the current parameters and style of the game, which is primarily ground skirmish. There are already games with starships flying around, X-Wing and Armada- SWM doesn't need its own Millennium Falcons, and they wouldn't fit thematically. So I went for a similar basic design to the original Colossal mini (oxymoron much?) with this. Hard to cost- I just went with the same as the AT-AT in the end. Designing colossal characters is weird, so I welcome suggestions to improve it.