RegisterDonateLogin

We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 98 The Bigger the Better Options
blemelisk
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 5:11:32 PM
Groups: Member

You knew it was coming, so here it is: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31974/havw-a6-juggernaut

Yep that is right, the Juggernaut tank. Far more useful than the AT-AT (weapons only in a front arc on something that cant turn very well?!?!), but (cause it is wheeled) doesnt have the ability go to some places the AT-AT can.

I gave it fewer hit points (for now) because this version truly is far more useful in our game, and i am costing it the same as the at at. But i also gave it the ability to 'degrade' after some damage as well.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2018 9:57:01 AM

CorranHornsux123
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2018 4:58:33 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Ok, let's look at Huge in our game. The "bigger" the piece, the more out of wack they are scale-wise to the average, medium base piece. Some huges should be larges, some should be Colossal; the AT-AT could be a step up, a "Gargantuan" piece. These are my two entries (and yes, I'll pick one before friday.)

I think either one could be huge, could be colossal. They are definitely Not large's.

Gungan Fambaa Shield Generator

I made this one 5 years ago, Bet you didn't think I did things this size, did ya Swine-y? Cool

My second choice (Try to control yourself GG ....)

AAT Battle Tank

Actually I have three Revell AAT models that are pretty much on scale .... I had to make cards for them. BigGrin

Does this bring more clarity??

Cheers,

surf

Love these guys! i personally lean towards the tank though nice job surf!
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2018 9:49:21 AM

Having the flu is no fun ....

I digress, since I have to pick something, I've cleaned up and will enter this for the week.

AAT Battle Tank - Version 2.0

I must also say up front that since this is a "Colossal" week and not really subject to size limitations, I can't really comment on whether it "fits" on a card ... or costing. With so many abilities, these things just can't be costed with any degree of success if they have more than 10 abilities or a Lot of custom abiities .... so if I don't comment, frankly I'm shrugging my shoulders with a loss for words. I'll try to say Something today ... Got a busy weekend coming up, starting with the Ducks/Kings game tonight (IF I can go; if I'm too sick I may shoot myself!)

Cheers,

surf
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2018 10:03:54 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
I think either one could be huge, could be colossal. They are definitely Not large's.
Gungan Fambaa Shield Generator

Technically speaking - for the Shield Generator it should probably say Non-Melee attacks instead of "ranged", in which case you could drop the melee part at the end.

surf_rider56 wrote:
AAT Battle Tank
Cheers,
surf

is Maiin the manufacturer of the big cannon Blink BlooMilk

Regarding the Fambaa - When I made this they were actually also called Ranged attacks 12 years ago or so.

Regarding the AAT - Version two is what I'm going with and is up.
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2018 3:13:45 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Having the flu is no fun ....

I digress, since I have to pick something, I've cleaned up and will enter this for the week.

AAT Battle Tank - Version 2.0

I must also say up front that since this is a "Colossal" week and not really subject to size limitations, I can't really comment on whether it "fits" on a card ... or costing. With so many abilities, these things just can't be costed with any degree of success if they have more than 10 abilities or a Lot of custom abiities .... so if I don't comment, frankly I'm shrugging my shoulders with a loss for words. I'll try to say Something today ... Got a busy weekend coming up, starting with the Ducks/Kings game tonight (IF I can go; if I'm too sick I may shoot myself!)

Cheers,

surf

This guy is actually a good beast with GG DAC. Giving this guy twin will put his damage up good, He can be pawned by Sidious also, which means this guy can drop some serious damage, as long as he can get LoS on something that is, lol. Nice work!
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, April 1, 2018 6:05:44 PM

1. Surf

2. CHS

3. Swine
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, April 1, 2018 7:34:35 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

1. CorellianComedian

2. swinefeld

3. blemelisk
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 1:35:30 AM

1. Shimi
2. GG
3. Surf
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 9:03:46 AM

1. Shmi
2. CHS
3. CC
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 10:44:48 AM

1 CHS
2 GG
3 Swine
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 10:51:53 AM

Random thoughts from a demented mind ....

GG - Young Rakamat. Interesting take but still a lil too RPG for me, IMHO.

CC - 30 Battle Droids. Just imagining having to make 30 saves against this thing gives me a headache ... and since nothing can survive That its a Biiiit Much for the game ......

CHS - Cabderous Tank. I Still find it hard to see anything this big Accelerate, assuming it had a board to play on, it coud cross the map in 1 move. And as shmi said, it possibly getting 12 Attacks at at +10/20 Damage? We mentioned several possible fixes yet you never responded ....

jak - Did you ever pick one in particular?

LB - Imperial Transporter. The epic ones (and we have Way more than I thought we would) are hard to cost/figure out. Your Transporter is nice but undercosted by 10-12pts.

swine - Gargantelle. Not sure about Brutal; frankly when I picture him, I keep seeing either a Cyclops or I'm looking for a beanstalk. Hutts = escargot to these guys???

shmi - Falcon. I'm always surprised when I see the actual size of the Falcon compared to actual characters. Wouldn't this thing technically be almost half a map?? Just a Lil Tooo big for me (and Very aggressively costed!)

gandalf - FIDO - Looks like the RPG/Most scenario piece here.

blem - Juggernaut. ... still looks too RPG for me.

jen - AT-DP Arc. Very interesting entry and Take!

Too may rpg/scenario pieces but that's my opinion and I can't do anything about it and as always the voters will vote for what they like whether it followed the rules or not (again my opinion.)

Votes later when I've got a chance.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 11:04:49 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:

CHS - Cabderous Tank. I Still find it hard to see anything this big Accelerate, assuming it had a board to play on, it coud cross the map in 1 move. And as shmi said, it possibly getting 12 Attacks at at +10/20 Damage? We mentioned several possible fixes yet you never responded ....

Sorry didn't have the time with a new job and being sick I would've added single shot to him and he accelerated because in the game this is from the tank could accelerate to cover ground but wasn't able to attack as well.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 11:41:09 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:

GG - Young Rakamat. Interesting take but still a lil too RPG for me, IMHO.

CC - 30 Battle Droids. Just imagining having to make 30 saves against this thing gives me a headache ... and since nothing can survive That its a Biiiit Much for the game ......

jak - Did you ever pick one in particular?

LB - Imperial Transporter. The epic ones (and we have Way more than I thought we would) are hard to cost/figure out. Your Transporter is nice but undercosted by 10-12pts.

swine - Gargantelle. Not sure about Brutal; frankly when I picture him, I keep seeing either a Cyclops or I'm looking for a beanstalk. Hutts = escargot to these guys???

shmi - Falcon. I'm always surprised when I see the actual size of the Falcon compared to actual characters. Wouldn't this thing technically be almost half a map?? Just a Lil Tooo big for me (and Very aggressively costed!)

gandalf - FIDO - Looks like the RPG/Most scenario piece here.

blem - Juggernaut. ... still looks too RPG for me.

jen - AT-DP Arc. Very interesting entry and Take!

Too may rpg/scenario pieces but that's my opinion and I can't do anything about it and as always the voters will vote for what they like whether it followed the rules or not (again my opinion.)

Votes later when I've got a chance.

I don't understand what you mean by RPG in terms of SWM? That's not a term you clearly defined for this CCC. No offense, but if people are going to judge based on a term not commonly used then it needs to be defined. And my entry is a scenario piece, but you never said that it couldn't be. News flash- pretty much any Colossal ever made is going to be a scenario character, including all the ones in this CCC. They just can't fit on any of the legal maps. I got around this on FIDO, but that made him possibly a little broken in game so he needed to be illegal for the regular game. Any Colossal will either be illegal or unplayable in a skirmish. I know our entry can be Huge as well as Colossal, but why put the latter if any Colossal will not qualify as a non-scenario piece?
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 2:09:12 PM

@Gandalf - RPG in the gaming sense means Role Playing Game (Pretty much all scenario.) Yes most are scenario, but with some, you Can work around their limitations.

No time today, good luck.

3rd Place - Swine

2nd Place - LB

1st Place - jen-ari
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 2:40:40 PM

No. There's no way to make a Colossal character playable on the Restricted map list or most maps in general, short of ignoring walls and doors (incidentally exactly what I've done). Even a 4×4 base is too big for almost every map; any bigger is impossible. Colossal pieces are going to be for scenarios; there's no two ways about it.

Thanks for the explanation of what RPG is. I would consider scenario and RPG to be very different things (you don't have to role play in a scenario) but at least now I know the original intent of the CCC.
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 2:56:32 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
@Gandalf - RPG in the gaming sense means Role Playing Game (Pretty much all scenario.) Yes most are scenario, but with some, you Can work around their limitations.

No time today, good luck.

3rd Place - Swine

2nd Place - LB

1st Place - jen-ari

Then that would preclude any/all colossal pieces. (and as we are all aware, pretty much all huge pieces). You should have stated no colossal pieces for this CCC, as NONE are playable in a regular (standard gridded map) game. However if you play the game like me (40k terrain, plus the new stuff they come out with for Legion) any piece is viable/playable. But when I think RPG i think of a piece that really would never be played in our game, or if it was accurate would never be fun to play (the Death Star Tech Laser from The Last Jedi anyone?) , and thus would only be used in an RPG (D6 WEG, D20 WoTC, FFGs RPG system etc).

With that said:
1: Jen'ari you nailed the at-dp arc weapon in my opinion, any more deadly would have made it completely broken in game.
2: Gandolf: dang good FIDO design!
3: CHS: Cant go wrong with an assault tank!
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 4:38:29 PM

Hey guys, I've been steamrolled by work and life stuff. Haven't been able to follow what other's have been doing, or work on my entry from where I left it.

Gotta keep moving on stuff, no time to read/vote, sorry about that. Consider me withdrawn. No Bloo Milk

Keep up the good work. I'll be back when things settle down, shortly after April 15th I hope. Glare
kobayashimaru
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 4:56:29 PM

it's not that colossal pieces are 'unplayable in Standard 250+ etc"
it's that, the rules for movement etc are at a particular point.
see, Staggered Activation was never fully explored by WotC (which is an Activation offset), <--- they didn't want to have to print a whole heap of new cards etc.
a lot of folks explored Staggered Activation 3 for turrets in this CCC, which was awesome to see.

Damage Reduction makes colossal/huge vehicles survivable,
and if they altered the map-itself for low-lying terrain etc as is possible in variants of tile-wars,
then vehicles would very much have more of a role in SWMinis, proximate to their role in Legion or IA.
or like in CoD, SW40k etc - "strafing runs"

A 4' x 6' "sky map" for "aerial vehicular combat"
is fun stuff for fighters. you can have counter measures and all kinds of stuff as an evade token,
and, when you 'eject', continue the battle on the ground etc.
it's a lot of 'pit'/'open sky' for the map. It's a whole different way to play the game, if you limit the places that non-flight folks can go.
I prefer the simplicity of that framework for that scale of 'dogfighting', than,
using stuff like SW:XWing style stuff.
(if you want fleet-scale stuff, 1:10 000 or GOBS etc is probably more the way to go.)

thanks for this week, wk98CCC is one of the best yet,
despite people's 'kavetching' at the constraint/conditions,
you've all persevered and overcome that to make some very intriguing pieces.
Thanks! BigGrin
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 7:07:49 PM

Sorry for the lack of input this week guys, I really was into the theme this week and wanted to do more but life had different plans for me. Kiddo was sick for most of it then working and then some other major life stuff. But I'll still pass on some quick thoughts:

Surf, Separatist and huge, awesome. Love it! Only thing I would have suggested is making the actual attack for MTC specify that it cannot gain Twin attack. Unless you want it to have twin.

Jen, absolutely love advance and arc cannon is savage but accurate. Amazing job here.

Blem, fantastic work on a great theme piece. I would have mentioned to clean up projectile launchers a bit but the mechanics are all sound. Great stuff and probably closer to what the AT-AT should have been.

Gandalf, very mecha-sarlaac pit. Awesome stuff! Cyborg is a bit weird but I'm not familiar with the source material so trusting you on it.

Shmi, who is flying the falcon? Other than that weird theme bit I also think it should have more HP especially if comparing it to TIE crawler, vulture droid or Snowspeeder. At least 120 if not more. Though Shields and DR help!

Swine, a giant! Awesome and good execution. Really like everything here.

CC, hahaha great piece. Balance wise might be weird but man 30-60 attacks. Hahaha

CHS, simple, hard hitting and thematic. Great stuff

Jak, not sure who you entered so commenting on Zilo. Hilarious haha.!$5 may need to change name of DR.1 to something more SWM-sounding like advanced.

Overall I have to give it to:

3rd Blem
2nd CHS
1st Jen'ari