RegisterDonateLogin

Runs strong in my family...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

World Vassal Regional 2018 Standings and Play Reports Only Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2018 11:18:21 AM
Groups: Member

Played against Shmi and the force was unfortunately not with her, she lost map roll and every single initiative of the entire game which let me put lots of double Sniper shots at the end of the round and beginning of the next. And being a ranged heavy matchup against a melee/special ability defense squad was a hard counter. In the end we did have a fun Ugnaught brawl and she did get at least some vengeance.

Final score 220-16 3 point Confederate win
Caedus
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2018 12:01:19 PM

Last day for the Round is tomorrow 8pm!!
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2018 2:00:52 PM

Thereisnotry defeats Kezzamachine, 220-113

I won the map roll, so we played on Throneroom. Kez set up in the big room on the left, while I set up in the hallway at the top of the map.

Round 1: T'was mostly positioning, until I was able to draw a line on Rex; Kanan and Ezra proceeded to shoot him with their force-empowered blaster bolts.

Round 2: I won init and moved Ezra a bit so that I could shoot R2: missed the first attack, but hit the 2nd (20dmg) and then R2 failed the Jolt save, so I didn't have to worry about Mace getting up in my face that round. Then toward the end of the round I was able to catch Kez's Jedi (all 3 of them) in a nasty Gernade, which also caught (and ate) R2.

Round 3: With Mace now being without his Uber driver, Kez had to just move his Jedi (all 3 of them) up to prepare for next round. I tried more Gernades and stuff, and shot Obikin with everything that I had, but only something like 20-40 dmg actually stuck.

Round 4: I won init so I activated Hera and shot Obikin (to remove his CE for the rest of the round) and moved her out of harm's way. Obikin then proceeded to show Ahsoka who's boss (and she's definitely not!), following it up with a Teamwork-Push against Kanan...and Kanan responded by Counter Pushing right back. But then things got real. Mace said, "This party's over"...and when he says that, you pay attention. Sh!t didn't hit the fan, but pretty much everything else did...including various limbs and servo-motors that had formerly been securely attached to Ahsoka and R2. He got 2 crits, for a total of 5 attacks and 180dmg...3P0 was lucky to be a diplomat, or he would've been food for the proverbial fan too, along with Ahsoka and R2. I replied by putting a bunch of damage on Mace with everything else in my squad (bringing him down to 0fp and 60 hp).

Round 5: I won this init, which was significant...I didn't want to give Mace a chance to make 5 more attacks! Kanan attacked a defenseless Mace for the last 60 dmg, and then it was just Obikin and the R2-wannabe (aka, R7) droid left. Obikin did a Sweep to hit both 3P0 (doesn't target, so Diplomat is meaningless) and Kanan, and Kanan responded with another Counter-Push. Sabine tossed a lucky Gernade that missed the R7 but hit Obikin (who was at 0fp by this point).

Round 6: Kez won the init to eviscerate that conniving little brat (Ezra) and put himself over 100pts, but then Kanan stepped in with a blast/lightsaber of vengeance and separated the Chosen Ones at the hip. Five seconds after that, the timer on my phone went off.

Me being able to remove both Rex and also R2 before they could do anything was the big factor here. I was less worried about Rex (because of my adept Evades and also insta-Cloaking) but if R2 could've towed Mace in for a crit spree earlier in the match, he could've started combat a whole round earlier (with Obikin following up right away), which would've put me a whole round behind in damage output against these two tanks of disaster.

As always, it was a blast to play a game with my Kiwi friend! Cheers mate!
DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2018 4:06:56 PM

Darkdracul defeats DarthRattlehead, 209-146

From the journals of Ponda Baba, Galactic Criminal.
Round 1: We advance . . .
Round 2: He runs along top of map! Wookiees hide behind a couch for camouflage. Morrigan gets a crazy los on Luke putting 60 on him. Barris grabs gambit
Round 3: I win ini Morrigan hits once but fails to kill Luke and Luke is now in my kitchen killing Unkar. A Wookiee charges 12 killing Leia. Talon puts Luke in Bubble but misses. Kyle kills the Wookiee. The other Wookie runs and kills Juno. Jan knocks Barris down to 50hp. Ponda rolls a 20 killing Luke.
Round 4: I win ini but Morrigan puts only 30 on Jan. Jan & Kyle fail to kill Barris as he had moved into the bubble and missed. Barris only has 10hp left. Wookiee runs and finishes off Jan. Lando shoots and kills The Last Wookiee. Barris bases Kyle putting 20 on him. Ponda moves 6 basing Barris and puts 20 more on Kyle.
Round 5: I win ini and Barris twins with a crit to kill Kyle. Lando kills my Uggie screen and runs into gambit. Rieekan puts 10 on Ponda but Ponda blocks to protect Barris as Lobot runs towards gambit area.
Round 6: He wins ini and Lando takes an AoO and mines to base to kill Barris.
So Ponda rolls another crit to finish off Lando.

Awesome fun game with a super cool opponent. Thanks dude! BlooMilk
Caedus
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2018 5:15:11 PM

Thank you guys for your support and understanding. I will post the current standings and the next round pairings tomorrow!
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2018 8:01:12 PM

Sorry ya'll I'm bad at writeups!

Here's what I started (then never finished to post) with my vague memories of how it finished. Lol

Played Mike and his Bastila fueled Zann Consortium Destroyer Droids vs my Death watch Mandos plus Venku

I won map (Rhen Var), he chose right.

Round 1 was positioning. I file down the hallway ready to invade the lower center room. He spread out to attack me on multiple fronts. I cloak Maul.

Round 2 He pops ABM and I use cloaked to my advantage to set up a few "turrets" with my Saboteurs (which admittedly became peashooters while ABM was on because of their advanced shields, but a nuisance enough to make him come toward me or give me the space to advance). He brings one Destroyer deep into the room to start taking shots into my squad jammed in the hallway. Cloaked worked against me here allowing him to shoot past my saboteurs and target Venku, splashing 2 saboteurs and PreVizla. He missed (phew) and I made 3/4 of the saves, only failing the save with a Sabateur. He does the exact same thing with another destroyer this time hitting Venku for 30 and again I only fail the save with the same saboteur. (Dang it! I wanted Pre Vizla to take 10 damage so it would activate Venkus protective). I move Pre into the room to take shots, but stupidly move to where his last destroyer can get a double attack (it was positioned further back within six of Bao Dur). Luckily he only hat one of the two attacks, but damaged Pre and that was my goal. I take a couple shots with my Sabateur turrets, hitting once, and Mike fails his shield save. More positioning on his part, I sacrifice Merc to get a sabateur into Gambit, and he pops the Merc and positions some more, keeping Boa Dur, Brainiac and the juggy at a safe distance. After he's done activating I knight speed Venku in to take a twin on the nearer of the two destroyers in the room, 30 dam hits (Lightsaber +10 and protective +10), but Mike makes both of his saves taking him down to 10hp (shoot!). Maul moves into position to start going nuts with his LS top of the next round.

. . . Continuing this write up a week later things get fuzzy.

Long story short my goal in this game was to force him to have to move every time he attacked me. (No defensive plates, no double, keep the repairman out of range, etc)

I succeeded in that all but once. The game turned when I used my incredible movement (Kelborn movement + flight + knight speed (16 squares) to move Venku into position to twin lightsaber with protective (moved injured Pre to within six through Kelborn's movement) and killed Bao Dur. That effectively cut his damage potential in half and took away the repair option.

It was a tough balance to try and reach for Mike because Bao Dur is so important, but much less useful more than 6 away (giving double, repair). He really couldn't get him into position to have his destroyers double without being in danger of my strike range.

I was able to spread damage around between my Mandos to keep them alive.

This is why you play the games as opposed to just theoretical minis. Rolls favored me, I won map, Mike had atrocious saves and attacks.

Interesting side note - my (old crappy) computer crashed five or six times and I had to reboot it during our game. Mike was on a time frame that we were quickly approaching. We were stopping and starting the game clock when I had to reboot of course, and we started a round right before the timer went off. I don't remember the exact score but I had in the low 100s and Mike wasn't going to be able to get to 100. It looks like I wouldn't be able to get to 200 either. He asked if it was cool with me if we called it a 2–0 victory for me and he could take off, and I said yes of course.

Just for fun I decided to finish it out since the game more less played itself by that point. Since Bastila had run out of Force points and was no longer on, my power output shot through the roof. In that last round I finished off his last 3 destroyers, a juggy and Bastila, leaving only Brainiac on the board, bringing me over 200.

I of course couldn't report this as a 3 point win, it wouldn't feel right. It is after all, just a game.

I laugh thinking of if I miss the top 4 by 1 point. (Could happen!)

It's just a game. Here to have fun.

And I am.

ThumbsUp
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 5:54:16 PM

thereisnotry defeats urbanjedi 200-123

I won the map roll so we played on Throne Room. J took the left side (in the big room), so I started on the right (near the top).

Round 1: It was mostly just positioning, until I was able to move 7 with Ezra and shoot Jaq for 20dmg.

Round 2: I won this init so I shot Jaq with Ezra again (failed his Jolt save) and then moved beside his friends for safety. Jason had Intuition'ed Satele up to within striking distance of Sabine, so Bastilla turned on ABM, and then Satele Leaped over a bunch of guys (taking some Mines damage) and then obliterated Sabine. I then used Hera to shoot Sabine with Suppressive Fire (and combined fire from Leia on one shot) for a lucky 2 hits, and followed up with a Brutalizing Twin from Ahsoka to remove that nasty Shan: 1 down, 1 to go. Vima ran up for a big 16-square Loner charge to attack Ahsoka with her nerf sword, doing no damage.

Round 3: Jason won init, so he used Vima to put 60 on Hera, then sacked the X6 Droid to activate Jaq to kill my Ug and R2. Ahsoka replied by using Nerf Sword Assualt on Vima, hitting just 1 out of 4 attacks. Kanan later put some damage on her, though, so Vima ended the round with 10hp. At this point Jason's only remaining attacker for the round was Vodo, so I made a brillaintly stupid move with Ezra to move away from Vima (60dmg on the aoo!) to shoot at Vodo, who easily made his Jolt saves. This removed Distraction from Vima because Ezra was no longer adjacent to her, so Jason moved the Senator up to give Vima a free attack, which eliminated Hera with authority. Vodo then went up to attack Kanan, who CounterPushed him away after taking 40dmg. Bastilla kept meditating.

Round 4: I won init and Ahsoka put away her Nerf Sword to pull out her Lightsaber instead, so Vima was gone. Vodo moved up to put a sweet 80dmg on Ahsoka, who made her LS Defense save and was left with 80hp. I made a sweet Barrage with Kanan, hoping to kill Jaq with no cover...and then proceeded to miss both shots...but at least I got that important Ugnaught! A bit of damage on Vodo too. Jaq moved up to double-shot Ahsoka, needing both shots to score in order to finish her. He hit both, but Ahsoka made her save, to live with 40hp.

Round 5: I won this init, so Kanan once again used Blaster Barrage, which finally finished Jaq (even past his Avoid Defeat) and killed another Uggie, and put some more damage on Vodo. Vodo hit Ahsoka again, but she Defensed again, to survive with 10hp. So at this point I had Ahsoka with 10, Ezra with 10, Kanan with 90, and Leia and 3P0 at full health. Bastilla moved into Gambit (putting Jason at 101pts), while Ahsoka and Ezra finished off Vodo.

Round 6: I won init and tried to Jolt Bastilla with Ezra, but she said no. She then eliminated Ezra with military efficiency, and was summarily cut down by the combined rage (oops, I mean Peace! Jedi Code!) of Ahsoka and Kanan. That put me at 200pts and removed Jason's last character...Gambit...pshhh...who needs Gambit anyway?

Final score: 200-123 for me. 3pts for me, 1pt for Jason

So there it is, another neck-and-neck battle between me and J. We've had several of them over the years! Always a good time! As Jason and I were talking afterward, we agreed that the game could've easily gone either way. I missed some crucial attacks, but then made some critical saves. Jason was nearly un-Jolt-able, but the one time that it did work (vs Jaq to start Round 2) it was pretty big.
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 7:54:21 PM

Great right up!! A pleasure to read, but now I have to win my match to make top 4, ugg!!! Lol
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2018 10:02:35 PM

Final Score Kezza 79 to Frenchy 164, or something like that. Ani-Obi had 50 hit points left and 0 FP. So close yet so far... Play report to come tomorrow :)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, May 4, 2018 7:04:03 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

spry over FlyingArrow 250-124. I'll let the winner post details.
kezzamachineII
Posted: Saturday, May 5, 2018 1:19:04 PM

Where's the write up of the greatest move of my career, Etienne? Forgot the other boring details...
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Saturday, May 5, 2018 1:19:46 PM

kezzamachineII wrote:
Where's the write up of the greatest move of my career, Etienne? Forgot the other boring details...

On it right now :)
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Saturday, May 5, 2018 7:33:47 PM

Darth_Frenchy Defeats Kezza 200-123

I won the map roll so we played on Night Club. Kezz took the Right side and set up on the top. It is very protected, but it gives Kezz a slower route to Gambit and unprotected gambit. So I started on the Left all spread out.

Round 1: I won Init! And with a 20 to boot. I move assaj into Gambit, but I have to spend a FP to Masterspeed, I figured it was worth it to put the pressure on Kezz. The rest of the round was mostly just positioning, but I was able to Pawn a Sniper to move him 12. Open a Door with my R7 and then take a shot at R2. I only got a single shot because of bad positioning on my part.

Round 2: I won Init! That meant I got to take another shot at R2 and this time I did not miss killing R2 and gaining the movement advantage in full. Kezz immediate responds by running mace and obi/ani into gambit with obi/ani leading the charge. Rex and his R7 stay safe. I take shot at mace and obi with everyone, I hit some shots, but the Duo Soresu 7 all of them. I end by Running Assaj around the corner inside the bottom right room into Gambit. I have a nice shooting gallery on the pair and I do not want to throw assaj in until I weaken them a bit.

Round 3: I won Init!... Again. I choose to go with my sniper and I miss the first attack on mace, but the second is a crit and it somehow gets through! Kezz rolled a 3, a 2 and then a 1... The Dice have not been with him this game. He responds by running Obi/Ani adjacent to the spotter and sniper giving me an AoO, but I miss. He then hits the sniper with team work. Putting him at 30. He moves mace up into gambit and Rex several squares behind him protected. He closes the bottom right door with the R7 so I cant run assaj around and kill Rex.

I furious with Cad rolling a 1 and a hit on Rex for 20 damage, but cant get past maces defense. I pawn my other sniper to get him within shot of Rex, but 6 squares so if I cant kill him and he wins init I can be adjacent to cad for hostage shield. The dice had a momentary change of loyalty and I missed both attacks on Rex. I charge in with Assaj missing the first attack, mace absorbs the reroll but assaj hits the second attack. Mace Ripostes which Assaj promptly parrys.

Round 4: I won Init... again. I intuit my spotter away from ani/obi and Kezz rolls a 1 on the aoo... I combine fire with the sniper to finish off Rex. He then kills my other sniper with ani/obi. He triples with mace on assaj and I parry all 3 attacks... I stupidly furious adjacent to mace with cad and pawn the sniper to try to finish off mace before using my full health assaj. Dumb decision by me... None of there damage gets through and ultimately Mace falls to Assaj. He manages to riposte with a crit, which i parried. He then finally gets 20 damage through on assaj.

Round 5: Kezza finally wins an init!!! Although the game was won by this time, Kezz did manage to pull of the craziest move ever, lol. He proceeds to force push my R7 off the ledge, who fails the save. Then he team work Force pushes Sideous who fails both his first save and his FPRR!!!!! LLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL Great play by Kezza for sure!! After this amazing move I am able to get Obi/Ani down to 50 hitpoints... So close

Final score: Darth Frenchy 157 to Kezza 79

Always a pleasure playing with the New Zealand crew!! Thanks for the great game Kezza, and may your dice be "One with the Force" next time we play!
Caedus
Posted: Sunday, May 6, 2018 6:30:23 PM

Caedus defeats DarkDracul 138-50 on Cantina

Sorry, but I am horrible with write ups but here goes

shawn "wins" map roll (we both had Cantina) DD on left Caedus to the right

Rd1 Unkar wins init!!! (First and I believe only time in the match) A lot of positioning both get gambit

Rd 2 Both thugs make a charge into the room and bum-rush Vader. first thug take 10 AOO from a Bothan. Misses then hits Vader for 30 failing armor save. Second comes in and wacks Vader with a crit for 60/50 with an Armor save second hits for 30/20 on the save. Vader is in deep trouble with only 30 left, but Morrigan brought her nerf gun and misses twice on Vader. Sidious does get a lightening Zap on Barriss. End of the round we both have gambit.

Rd 3 Vader take a surprise attack and puts a Thug down to 20. I then Activate Vader and kill the second Thug. DD activates the thug and goes for the kill (since he is adjacent to Vader he cant move for momentum or he gives up the AOO) needs to hit both OR hit one and have Vader fail an armor save. He hits with the first, I save (after a FPRR) and he misses the second so Vader survives with 10HP. Morrigan steps up and two more shots from the nerf gun and then DD makes, probably, the movement mistake of the game. Moving her up the map.

Round 4 Having eliminated most of his fodder pieces, after winning init I move Sidious 8 with a FP and with Morrigan out of the Talon bubble The emperor Zap-Acts to put Morrigan to 20. He quickly moves Talon up and re-secures the bubble and brings Barriss up to put 60 on Sidious. but at the end of the round I have the ability to move Vader adjacent to Morrigan.

Rd 5 Vader finishes off Morrigan and moves away. After a couple of failed shots Darth Sidious takes out Barriss. Time was out at the start of the round and DarkDracul can't hit Vader

Great Game with Bryan as always!!
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, May 7, 2018 5:41:44 PM

This just in -

Urban Jedi doesn't win this Regional!

(Details to follow)
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, May 7, 2018 8:04:03 PM

So the exciting conclusion of the General Grievous vs TimmerB match -

TimmerB won the init!

That's all
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, May 7, 2018 8:32:07 PM

Kidding!

Well I did win the massively important init. It allowed me to kill Grievous with Venku (thank goodness he's non-melee!!!)

The tough part is that I had to move Kelborn before he moved his BX droids. I had to protect Maul, so I moved Kelborn into a position that would prevent his BX droids from basing (cloaked) Maul, but that left him open to die. GG did surprise me by retreating all of his BX commando droids.

He used 2 snipers (each combining with a spotter) to kill Kelborn, then I took out one of his spotters with Pre Viszla, and Maul sprinted 8 to kill Lobot (his 3 snipers and other spotter just out of range.)

He takes a few pot shots and misses with scrubs (killik, uggie, Gha).

Next round he wins init, and blows Maul away (sniper + spotter). I roll in with Venku and kill the unactivated sniper, and Pre kills the last spotter. My merc kills an uggie. Luckily I FINALLY REMEMBER to use Venku's CE and kill a sniper at the end of the round.

GG wins init again, and the last sniper CRITS Venku, and I miss the defect save, bringing him down to 20hp! He's down to 1 sniper and scrubs, and I have Pre with 60 hp, 1 merc with 20, my R7 with 10 and Venku with 20. I finish off the last BX. My merc takes out the Killik, Pre takes out the sniper. Gha Nagckt runs away cowardly to try and hide. I jokingly say that this is where I would call the judge over for stalling.

Next round Venku knight speeds into position to shoot Gha, and kills him (protection bonus from injured Pre). All he has left is his BD commander in the back room running between doors to avoid being killed (judge! lol). No matter - gambit puts me over 200, though the final kill would have been more satisfying.

It was a fun match. Crazy rolls (in both directions at different times) made it even more dramatic. (I.E. 2,3,2,7 from Maul's LS assault on Grievous)

I may have wrapped it up earlier if I had remembered to use Venku's CE earlier (he out activated me virtually all match). He would have played out the scenario with Grievous hopping off his bike to become Hero of Hypori and his parry had he known Venku was non-melee. So it was all a bit of a roller coaster.

To no surprise, it was a delight to finally play GG, and to actually hear his voice and chat with him. He's super nice and we talked for quite a bit afterward about everything under the sun in SWM land, from game design philosophy to Unkar Plutt. I really enjoyed it. (I think I may have even encouraged him to submit to be a designer next time around! We'll see)

Also - thank you GG for being patient while my old crappy computer crashed (I think 4 times) in the last 15 minutes of battle. It was really annoying, but he was super cool about it.

Anyway - great game, tons of fun. Look forward to the final 4!

Timmer 212 - GG 156. 3-1
kezzamachineII
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 2:01:13 AM

Darth_Frenchy wrote:

Round 5: Kezza finally wins an init!!! Although the game was won by this time, Kezz did manage to pull of the craziest move ever, lol. He proceeds to force push my R7 off the ledge, who fails the save. Then he team work Force pushes Sideous who fails both his first save and his FPRR!!!!! LLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL Great play by Kezza for sure!! After this amazing move I am able to get Obi/Ani down to 50 hitpoints... So close
ay!

It was the greatest move of all time.
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 8:51:36 PM

kezzamachineII wrote:
It was the greatest move of all time.

Heck yes it was!!!
Caedus
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2018 5:44:15 AM

Semis are posted!!!!