RegisterDonateLogin

Gives you that wonderful Chiss tan...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 101 - Characters that never came back Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2018 1:31:43 PM
Groups: Member

@ LB - Stuff to think about .... going to the Angels/Giants ballgame now ....

also @ LB. I'd actually thought about Riff Tamson too .... and instead of including him here, I made a new batch of cards for my own Customs Thread, including him there. Apologies BigGrin He looks a bit different from yours.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2018 6:09:57 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Apologies BigGrin He looks a bit different from yours.

It's all good! As they say there's more than 1 way to blowup a scary shark Alien guy... er, what?

That is a cool card though!
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 7:12:04 AM

1. CHS123
2. GG
3. LB
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 7:33:08 PM

Thoughts ...

Gandalf - Oryon. Even after your explanation, I'n Still not conviced about Triple; just my opinion.

CHS = Lucia. Interesting take on a this character, Not sure Dessel needs help but that's beside the point.

shmi - Vaner Shan. Save 16 on Politician seems a lil excessive (and Politician seems a little much for an otherwise nothing character costing 16, Shan family or not.)

E. Dragon - Asha,the Red Ghost. I'm sorry, but I can't see past the Ewok annoyance; Not as bad as Jar Jar, but the first trilogies version of our Gungun friend. Seriously, he's a little too comedic in his appearances for me; Ewok's just aren't that scary ....

GG - Rianna. I keep seeing my version of her ... then again I see yours a lot too. I do like the character ...

LB - Riff Tamson. Having Just reviewed him, not sure about Intuition (No, I admit I never watched those episodes) and I think the generic droid help doesn't fit; he spedificed types of droids he used (Hydroid Medusa.)

jak - Ganarho. I could have sworn I left comments on your Bloo page. Smother seems a little excessive with 16, Wookie or not; but Smother is an interesting name for an ability.

jen - Derrown, Exterminator. I like it better with the changes.

spry = Roan Shryne. Still undercosted, but I'm happier to see the save 11 for Target.

Gonna sleep on this. Tired.

Edit -

3rd Place - jak

2nd Place - jen

1st Place - Gandalf
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 5:16:17 AM

1. Surf
2. Spry
3. Shimi
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 6:56:47 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
LB - Riff Tamson. Having Just reviewed him, not sure about Intuition (No, I admit I never watched those episodes) and I think the generic droid help doesn't fit; he spedifice types of droids (Hydroid Medusa.)

IIRC He also had aquatic versions of SBD's in his forces during the episodes (been a long time sine I saw them, and made the custom). Intuition is due to him being very mobile and gives added range to his charging assault vs just going with mobile attack - it helps separate him from others of the faction.

anyway onto the vote!

1 Spry - with the added save it's reasonable, and he's still fairly useful without facing an enemy Vader
2 GG - A little bit of a bigger investment than I personally see these characters, but one that could easily pay off
3 CHS - The second part of the CE is a bit weird - perhaps adding it to trigger off Lucia as well?
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 4:14:32 PM

Gandalf, with the damage correction this guy rocks great job and only negative is lots of abilities for his cost but three are negative and that's what's needed these days.

CHS, sweet character, and true to source material, your CE should say "named" though.

Shmi, I actually really like the final version of this character and think you did a good job here with very little to go on, which is the week's theme.

Emperor, sorry about all the Ewok hate brother haha, I do think this piece is a pretty deadly deep striker for its cost, especially since she'll be hitting at +18 and 30 damage from 12 away and still has a solid CE too. Her in the Rebels with Golden one and the classic heroes "repo versions" is a deadly combo too. But I will give you props for choosing a character that truly fit the theme of this week.

Surf, shoot now it says named tech or technician which is no one haha, should have added the non-unique clause like you did then just kept the wording the same for name contains. English eh? So complicated. They aside great boost to obscure weak characters!

LB, mobile droids eh? Nice. Hahaha.

Jak, nice job making a deadly wookie and keeping it simple. This guy and Tarpals would be better than any Sith sorcery/Jedi Mind Trick combo out there.

Jen, still think you should have added a disclaimer for when shock is removed but otherwise looks pretty good.

Spry, not sure about Vader's target, as it's worded. Is it Roan that is the only legal target? And only for Vader or for all enemies? Everything else looks bang on though!

3rd Jak
2nd LB
1st Shmi

But great job everyone! And sorry to those I didn't get a chance to comment on!
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 4:37:12 AM

And looks like Spry narrowly wins it, congratulations brother!