RegisterDonateLogin

Handy Tip: To prevent curdling, store on Hoth.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 102 Droids Droids Droids Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 8:53:30 AM
Groups: Member

I'm sure this one is right up GG's alley. I want to see some new droids. I want it to be some sort of utility droid or combat droid or a boost to other droids. But it must be a droid and cost 20 or less.

You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. Try to give feedback if possible to help designers out. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, April 28th, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, April 30th, 2018.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.

General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 8:57:37 AM

Awesome! Looking forward to this one!
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 9:21:25 AM

Broke out of my standard boosting huge droids mode to produce something a bit different:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/12689/c-b3-cortosis-battle-droid

It was either this or the Chainsaw Super Battle Droid which could also have been fun
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 1:23:35 PM

Had this lying around; always found something else to make. Surprised it's never popped up before.

Commando Droid Shield

Just a thought ... had a new one (From my own thread) but you wanted an under 20 clanker so ....

Cheers,

surf

CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 7:10:29 PM

Here is my entry this week

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/16096/go-to
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 7:52:58 PM

Since they're making basically the entire original Xbox line of Star Wars games playable on the One this week, I decided to use something from one of those. From the good Battlefront II, the ammunition droid:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/32053/gnk-ammunition-droid

It's basically a semi-portable Captain Tarpals that only works with military grade explosives.
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 4:05:57 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:
Since they're making basically the entire original Xbox line of Star Wars games playable on the One this week, I decided to use something from one of those. From the good Battlefront II, the ammunition droid:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/32053/gnk-ammunition-droid

It's basically a semi-portable Captain Tarpals that only works with military grade explosives.

IS this a joke, ro is this for real? I already got KOTOR... But if your telling me Jedi Academy and everything else is coming also... Its well worth the cameo in this Forum!
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 7:13:17 AM

spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 7:14:07 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Had this lying around; always found something else to make. Surprised it's never popped up before.

Commando Droid Shield

Just a thought ... had a new one (From my own thread) but you wanted an under 20 clanker so ....

Cheers,

surf

I like this guy quite a bit. Now if we could fine a way to make all Commando Droids count as the same name it would be awesome.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 7:23:49 AM

shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 12:44:04 PM

EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 1:55:23 PM

shmi15 wrote:
IS this a joke, ro is this for real? I already got KOTOR... But if your telling me Jedi Academy and everything else is coming also... Its well worth the cameo in this Forum!

It's no joke. They've started the 2nd wave of OG Xbox backwards compatible titles for the One.

Last week we got:

Blinx
Breakdown
Conker: Live and Reloaded
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Hunter: The Reckoning
Jade Empire
Panzer Dragoon Orta
SSX 3

And tomorrow, we get:

Destroy All Humans
Full Spectrum Warrior
Mercenaries
MX Unleashed
Panzer Elite Action
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars Battlefront II
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars KOTOR II
Star Wars Republic Commando

Really a good, solid batch of titles from the original Xbox.
jak
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 4:14:25 AM

this one's dedicated to General Grievous

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28005/elite-tactical-droid
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 7:45:17 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:

Commando Droid Shield

Cheers,

surf

That is a cool picture and I like the Abilities too. Seems +6/10 is a popular combination this round.
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 9:37:21 AM

And Surf I really like yours, nice job
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 10:04:05 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Commando Droid Shield

Cheers,

surf

Seems +6/10 is a popular combination this round.

Commando Droids were 7/10. I gave him 1 less since he was busy holding the shield up and wouldn't be "quite" as accurate a shot, droid or no droid.
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 10:04:52 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
And Surf I really like yours, nice job

Are you talking the Commando/Shield droid or the Hydroid Medusa??
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2018 1:36:43 PM

1. LB
2. Shimi
3. Jak
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2018 3:53:21 AM

Lots of really cool entries, but I guess I can only pick 3 so...

1 Surf
2 EmporerDragon
3 GG
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2018 10:48:09 AM

Thoughts on a slow morning ......

GG - C-B3 Cortosis Battle Droid. Not sure how I feel about the -20 the rest of the skirmish bit.

CHS - Go-To. He seems too heavily offensive (and as LB said, whats with the anti droid stance.) I still see him as the brains behind the Exchange, not the brawn.

EmpDragon - GNK Ammunition Droid. Not sure how I feel about a mobile ammo cache, which is what it is. I think "little guy should only give a few extra missile/grenade barrages before dying" is more like maybe get one off ... to easy/wortwhile a target .....

spry - Battle Droid Demolitionist. He's got better numbers (and Mines) but I'm not conviced he's worth the price (especially over an Uggie) but I guess what are Mines 10 worth to the player ....

LB - Peragus Fire Suppression Droid. Cleaned up nicely; Not sure if Carb gun should have a save of 11 now that I
seriously think on it .....

shmi - Mathematics Droid. I think the one thing that bugs me is Any droid should have the computing power to do "Field Calc" so the droids name is for all intents and purposes just another type of Tactics droid.

jak - Elite Tactical Droid. You never changed BtB past singular as GG and I suggested. Probably should have dropped HP to 30 and added maybe Tactician +2 to keep up with its Tactician name.

I'll need to vote this afternoon ... gonna be out a fair chunk of the night ......