RegisterDonateLogin

Bloominous beings are we...not this crude matter.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 103 Flyboys or Girls Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 3:39:33 AM
Groups: Member

Flyboys or Girls.

Star Wars is famous for its pilots. This week's task is to highlight some of those individuals. Must have the special ability pilot. Max of 7 abilities/force powers excluding pilot, unique, force x.

You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. Try to give feedback if possible to help designers out. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, May 5th, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, May 7th, 2018.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 4:11:35 AM

I present the Player Character of the game TIE Fighter
Maarek Stele
kobayashimaru
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 4:30:23 AM

|EDIT|
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 5:04:02 AM

kobayashimaru wrote:
I'm tempted to enter
Adi Gallia or Saesee Tiin...

Do Adi!
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 5:28:58 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/32061/darth-vader--pilot

Pilots can get Gregarious, Opportunist, and Cunning in Imperials for decently cheap.
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 5:33:14 AM

This is Rey saving the day on Crait. But without the levitating that I think she almost certainly needs.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/32062/rey--hero-of-crait
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 5:54:37 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/16816/plo-koon--jedi-general

This is to represent him in the clone wars cartoon.
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 7:02:37 AM

jen'ari wrote:

Pilots can get Gregarious, Opportunist, and Cunning in Imperials for decently cheap.

Hmmmm. You beat me to Vader. I haven't looked at yours yet (and judging by your post here, you have a CE; I don't.)
It'll be interesting to see yours after I post mine BlooMilk

Darth Vader's TIE Advanced x1

Cheers,

surf

EDIT - Oops, I forgot the 7 abilities limit ... back in a few ...

Edited Version 1

Seems to have lost some in the "Translation" but oh well ....RollEyes
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 7:40:45 AM

He can grab Cunning from GARY and opp from Thrawn.

I love base 30 damage.

This piece looks fun and simple to play. A lot like 4-lom/zuckuss with the 3 attacks, base 30 and possible damage boost (in terms of fun to play).
Oakel
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 10:43:41 AM

I noticed none of the Fett's have a pilot representation. I wanted to include something with their connection to Slave 1, so here is my entry, mostly based upon the Obi duel on Kamino in Episode 2.

Jango Fett of Kamino
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 12:52:57 PM

Not even going to pretend I didn't want to make a pilot Grievous with a boost for Vulture droids but since we just did droids, this major character has ZERO representation in any custom (on Bloomilk at least) or official form and my wife said to go outside the box this week, here is my entry:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/32065/fenn-rau
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 2:51:48 PM

I can't see this creation of mine being used much in competitive play, but will make a fun piece for casual or themed squads:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/32072/hohass--runt--ekwesh--wraith-squadron-ace

Thanks to Multiple Personalities, depending on your initiative rolls, you either get a solid sniper or a hard-hitting berserker.
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2018 3:50:06 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

Hmmmm. You beat me to Vader. I haven't looked at yours yet (and judging by your post here, you have a CE; I don't.)
It'll be interesting to see yours after I post mine BlooMilk

Cheers,

surf

EDIT - Oops, I forgot the 7 abilities limit ... back in a few ...

Edited Version 1

Seems to have lost some in the "Translation" but oh well ....RollEyes

Nothing wrong with this piece. A Brick house Vader Tie Fighter is pretty straight forward. Nothing is out of place on him, fun casual piece, but the curce of being anything bigger than a large and being 70 points of a squad means it would never see competitive play. But it looks like a very fun theme/ scenario piece!

edit.

You know, you could drop Speed 8 and AND evade, and add 2 of the other abilities to make it better, and since he has no CE, he could get Evade and Speed 8 from the Klat Capt. I know its not thematic, but, its an idea. You could add 2 defensive abilities, and then he would get boosted by GARY/Thrawn and a Klat Capt. That would make him a 70 point piece, IMO.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2018 4:47:43 AM

kobayashimaru wrote:
I'm tempted to enter
Adi Gallia

Dire attack seems really weird triggering on a 13. Not sure I care for that ability overall, Vaapad is designed to be the critical hit master ability so one upping that on a cheaper piece isn't really for me.

surf_rider56 wrote:

Edited Version 1

I would say Swap Evade for (Adv)Shields 2 - This is Vader's TIE - it gives him some resistance to any and all damage which seems fitting. If a Hex Droid or Series 2 destroyer can have Adv Shields 2, then surely a 70 point Vader can! (note: Which I see you had Adv Shields on the original.)
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2018 6:25:08 AM

shmi15 wrote:

Nothing wrong with this piece. A Brick house Vader Tie Fighter is pretty straight forward. Nothing is out of place on him, fun casual piece, but the curce of being anything bigger than a large and being 70 points of a squad means it would never see competitive play. But it looks like a very fun theme/ scenario piece!

edit.

You know, you could drop Speed 8 and AND evade, and add 2 of the other abilities to make it better, and since he has no CE, he could get Evade and Speed 8 from the Klat Capt. I know its not thematic, but, its an idea. You could add 2 defensive abilities, and then he would get boosted by GARY/Thrawn and a Klat Capt. That would make him a 70 point piece, IMO.

Lord_Ball wrote:
Edited Version 1

I would say Swap Evade for (Adv)Shields 2 - This is Vader's TIE - it gives him some resistance to any and all damage which seems fitting. If a Hex Droid or Series 2 destroyer can have Adv Shields 2, then surely a 70 point Vader can! (note: Which I see you had Adv Shields on the original.)[/quote]

"It's not thematic" or "it's not playable" is precisely the problem. Would a real Vader really Need the Klat to give him Anything? Heck no, but the limitations set in this are fine for Joe Bloo, flying in Red 10. For Vader, they're rather crippling. I see/hear everything and actually agree with you guys, but somehow I can't see Vader benefitting, thematically, from too many people other than Palpatine ... I may go Calixte .... hmmm .....
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2018 6:44:54 AM

My comment wasn't even in consideration of the Klat Captain - it's moreso to circumvent the Achilles Heel of Evade (I.e. adjacency).
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2018 6:54:40 AM

Version 4.0

See, as I wrestle with the 7 ability limit, what to wack off/keep, one thing that's alwayas bothered me about characters with flight is that, realistically, how can a character hit a flying object with anything except ranged weapons (Melee Attacks Shouldn't hit Boba flying, never mind something like a snowspeeder ... or Tie Fighter ... and Vader might respect certain people like GARY, but would he take orders (CE's) from them? ... so I think I've worked around some of this taking the Calixte route with having a CE that also affect both your followers and you ....

Cheers,

surf
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2018 7:04:23 AM

kobayashimaru wrote:
I'm tempted to enter
Adi Gallia or Saesee Tiin...

Above: a local variant of Adi circa 2015,
(thanks phil for helping with the statcard then as even today).

EDIT: delete and replace abilities as you like it to get to that 7 limit,
as I don't consider 'preamble' abilities to count towards it. BigGrin
Unique, Melee Attack, Force, Force 1, Force Renewal,
those aren't really 'abilities' (IMHO hehe)

Well, if you change it around or not, its another card and I can't say I'm against That! BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2018 7:09:40 AM

... as an added aside and totally my own take on pilots, somehow I can't mentally tie in a guy running around Speed 8 and doing all this nasty crap without actually BEING in some kind of aircraft ... and Force Users with Melee and Pilots acting as if they're In Crafts but still doing Melee stuff ... just seems weird ...

carry on .... RollEyes
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2018 7:19:17 AM

I totally agree with you about Vader not taking orders from anyone other than palpatine and of course tarkin.
The, not affected, by melee attacks is difficult. He destroys all Jedi builds.
I wonder how many times Vader flew his tie figured close to the Earth's surface without just getting out.
With that said, Jedi typically don't a way to hit characters with thought.
Jango had flight and obi wan caught up with him for a minute. Made cut off his head.
Cad bane had flight and was caught sometimes as well. Boba had flight and flew homeless right into the sarlacc. I am just pointing out that Jedi do have ways to combat flight. (Not super flight, I mean in reality Vader flies his tie fighter they go underground or something).

All these things are not showcased in the game very well because of the limitations.
If you want it to not be affected by melee attacks. I suggest staying that melee users make a save of 11 before targeting this character or something like that to show their built in ability to find ways to attack. Otherwise it is an auto won against melee squads