RegisterDonateLogin

The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC week 104... Avengers Assemble! Options
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 9:27:37 AM
Groups: Member

In honor of Infinity Wars coming out, I would like this weeks theme to be based on creating any Avenger character you would like. The character must of been an Avenger at some point, and lets get creative with some of these guys.

You must create at a minimum 2 SA. All characters should have the Avenger tag on them as a SA. Design them as you would a SWM character, as in their HP/D/A/Dam, and SA should be SWM able. LOS,Range 6, triple/double, things like that.

I imagine these guys to be compared to BHC pieces, but they don't have to be 100 points. I would say costs should be between 30-100. Try to represent them well, but have fun also.

No rules for judging, judge them as you see fit.

P.S. I have not seen Infinity Wars yet... So please AVOID SPOILERS if possible! lol

If I am not allowed to choose this, then I will post my back up when I get off work

You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. Try to give feedback if possible to help designers out. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, May 5th, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, May 14th, 2018.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 9:45:45 AM

I don't see why the cost should be so much.
Hawkeye, black widow, falcon can be less. Hello even cap America could go commander route.

I think some of the fun would be the possibility of playing them together. Sure doctor strange and Thor should cost 100.
But iron Man could cost 50 imo.
Things like that. Judging from how they fit in the verse. Same as we do in swm.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 12:21:57 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'm not seeing why you've said no Force powers for this CCC. Force Storm, Force Lightning and even Lightsaber Throw would work perfectly on Thor. Scarlet Witch would probably have some sort of Jedi Mind Trick. Not having these abilities as options means that we will have to create new ones that do exactly the same thing. And then there's the matter that often you want such powerful abilities to actually cost something- Force points.
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 12:24:02 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
I'm not seeing why you've said no Force powers for this CCC. Force Storm, Force Lightning and even Lightsaber Throw would work perfectly on Thor. Scarlet Witch would probably have some sort of Jedi Mind Trick. Not having these abilities as options means that we will have to create new ones that do exactly the same thing. And then there's the matter that often you want such powerful abilities to actually cost something- Force points.

Great Point by both you and Jenari, and after consideration, Point Cost should be 30-100, and Force Powers will be ok, to represent a balance of a Special attack, good suggestions, I was on lunch break, and was thinking on the fly honestly. Will Update
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 2:50:44 PM

It seems at some point in the last many copy and pasting of the rules somebody changed rules, rule #1 was the character must be canon (legends ok). And even though I'm all about encouraging creativity. If we go off of the Star Wars track for the CCC then we may never get back on it. Next we are doing GIJOE, Toy Story, Lord of the Rings and even Star Trek characters haha. So with that in mine I would suggest changing it to a Star Wars theme of some sort, even meshing up Star Wars and Avengers and saying create an Avengers version of an existing Star Wars character (example create a Star Wars super team that boost each other or unleashed epic version of a character)

Original Rules:

Rules

1. The character must be canon (Legends OK) and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 3:09:59 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
It seems at some point in the last many copy and pasting of the rules somebody changed rules, rule #1 was the character must be canon (legends ok). And even though I'm all about encouraging creativity. If we go off of the Star Wars track for the CCC then we may never get back on it. Next we are doing GIJOE, Toy Story, Lord of the Rings and even Star Trek characters haha. So with that in mine I would suggest changing it to a Star Wars theme of some sort, even meshing up Star Wars and Avengers and saying create an Avengers version of an existing Star Wars character (example create a Star Wars super team that boost each other or unleashed epic version of a character)

+1. While I like the comic book movies, If I wanted to do DC/Marvel stats I'd join a Heroclix board .....

... and Pandora's box should Never be opened; next thing you know, the CCC will ask for stats for your favorite Archie's character Scared
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 3:14:07 PM

Did anyone object back when the CCC was to create a custom character representing yourself? If not, it's a little late now. That rule is long gone.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 3:45:23 PM

Did anyone object back when the CCC was to create a custom character representing yourself? If not, it's a little late now. That rule is long gone.

Valid point Gandalf, that week was pretty weird too, but compounding the issue doesn't make it better. Anyways that's just my thoughts on the issue is to keep it even remotely Star Wars.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 4:09:35 PM

I fun it Finn just putting my thoughts into the format of the game.
I was thinking shmi would do An nba finals ccc. And I would make LeBronto cost 150.
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 4:38:46 PM

General_Grievous wrote:

Valid point Gandalf, that week was pretty weird too, but compounding the issue doesn't make it better. Anyways that's just my thoughts on the issue is to keep it even remotely Star Wars.

I think it was a Star Wars character representing ourselves, but to each their own.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 5:12:16 PM

Caedus wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

I think it was a Star Wars character representing ourselves, but to each their own.

I was curious as to whether you were right, so I dug up the link to week 24.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=20219

The rule was waived for the week, so that sets a precedent for this one. Spry said nothing about the character needing to be a Star Wars character representing themselves. The only relationship of that CCC to Star Wars is that the custom made was using the rules of Star Wars Miniatures. If anything, this week is more related to Star Wars than that one, because this week's customs are supposed to be balanced to the game, while there was no such restriction in week 24.

That's how I read the situation. My viewpoint may be slightly coloured by the fact that I've already created a custom for this week... LOL
Oakel
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 5:23:07 PM

While I have not published it, I have also created a custom for this week.

As you may have noticed, I have forgotten to vote on the last two contests, my apologies. If you see fit to bring it back to the Star Wars universe, so be it.

My enjoyment comes most from creating characters and hearing what people think more than the competition, so I'll be fine either way.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 6:25:03 PM

Yeah up to Shmi as it's ultimately his choice but I would prefer if we kept things Star Wars as the CCC is actually a great tool for not only creativity but for inspiring new characters and abilities for our beloved game for those designing. And I don't think there is going to be too many many Avengers characters in the next set, then again it is all owned by Disney so maybe Thor and Loki will show up in Star Wars 9
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 6:59:16 PM

... well on the 13th post, we have zero entries and lots of discussion on whether we should even do it.

@ Gandalf - " definite blatant disregard to rule #1" I believe is the comment made that is the main point of your rationale. I sat that one out (as I will this one if it stays) but only three memebers from then are still contributing regularly to the CCC currently; shmi (who is the "blatant" one) GG and jak (who loves to fly in the face of the norm Cool )

The almost two year old thread had little discussion and not even two whole pages to the total thread. I don't think it was particulary interesting then (lack of group involvement IMO) and seems to be heading for ambivolence now.
All silly arguments aside, I think the real danger is if we keep "veering" off course we'll se less and less involvemnt in this thread - essentially killing it.

This thread is 70% of my Bloo involvement. I occasionally comment/toss in my 2 cents in on other topics, make/display cards in my own thread (and get little feedback RollEyes ) and that's it.

Just my two cents ....
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 7:17:42 PM

I would hate for CCC to lose activity. I am on it most weeks.

But, I will participate this time round.
tbh, I miss the "design this particular piece" CCC's.

on to design just in case it stays as is.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 7:26:16 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 8:34:02 PM

Well, I have no problem with this temporary deviation from Star Wars. I don't think that non-Star Wars themes are going to happen very often just because of this one CCC- people will still pick Star Wars most of the time, though we might have an odd one out once or twice a year. If people are still concerned, and to make it so that surf and others who are here for Star Wars can join in, we can add back Rule 1 after this CCC is over. Just one CCC like this can't hurt though.

Anyway, here's my entry as long as shmi doesn't decide to change the criteria:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/32083/thor--king-of-asgard
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 4:41:17 AM

In the spirit of participation
The Incredible Hulk

Take a note of the Flavor text as it is imperative to the true design.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 7:15:20 AM

Heres my entry went for more of the utility than straight up brawler

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/32087/spider-man

Plus an added star wars theme quote ;]
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 10:34:44 AM

Here is my entry, version 1.o, as I am not sold on everything on him. Was trying to find a unique way to represent all of his tricks he had. I don't think he should have over 100 Hp... So I know an 80 point character with 90 HP is tough to even look at. But I think I gave him enough tricks to maybe make him worth it with all the other entries this week.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33087/iron-man