RegisterDonateLogin

5.5% Force By Vol

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 105 - Rebels Season 4 Options
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 6:09:02 AM
Groups: Member

I wanted to see the different takes on 1 piece. but then did not have any material to do so with that I haven't seen before. So I decided to open it up a tad, but not a lot.

Design a piece that showcases the characters from season 4 of the Star Wars Rebels show. I think it is time for designers to start thinking about some updated stats for those characters. We have their season 1/2 characters but not there progressed characters.

1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. Try to give feedback if possible to help designers out. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sun, April 20th, 2018 @8AM EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Sunday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, May 21st, 2018.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 8:55:43 AM

Oh man, this is interesting, Are you meaning "Main" characters from Season 4... Or just any character who had a significant part? Like, Ghost Crew mainly... Or some of the Mandos?

I'm pumped to see beefed up versions of these guys
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 9:20:06 AM

I left it open to literally anything in Rebels Season 4.

Loth Wolf, mandos, whatever is desired.

My first draft of Kanan.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33090/kanan-jarrus--balanced

but going to give him some offense and raise cost. so ideas on that end are welcome.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 9:56:54 AM

I only watched Rebels sporadically, so who's who on what season ... Having said that, this is what I'm tossing out.

Ashoka, Jedi Wanderer

This is obviously the last episode; just extrapolating what she was like at that moment.

Next one is Sabine. Can't remember what year this was but I thought that she was interesting.

Sabine Wren, Wielder of the Darksaber

Just a different take on Wren. I thought the V-Set was a tad much ... IMO

Cheers,

surf
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 10:26:36 AM

Sadly that Sabine is totally outclassed by the one put out already.
Even if we totally drop the new one as a comparison I think it should drop its cost by 5 or 6.

possible auto 40 grenades is great.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 10:44:30 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Even if we totally drop the new one as a comparison I think it should drop its cost by 5 or 6.

The current Sabine is Massively under costed. The V-Setters made it 25; it's conservatively close to 40. ... and no, I wasn't trying to "improve" the current Sabine, just do a different take.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:15:00 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

The current Sabine is Massively under costed. The V-Setters made it 25; it's conservatively close to 40. ... and no, I wasn't trying to "improve" the current Sabine, just do a different take.

I didn't think you were trying to improve it and I knew where you were coming from when you posted it.

I guess you can cut out the rest and jsut see that I think it should cost a little less as is.

P.s. I agree that the saving out now is under costed. I would place her at 31-36
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:35:26 AM

YEAH!!!! Great CCC this week guys , so exited!! Unfortunately surf picked up Ahsoka so I have to come up with someone else. Anyway good luck to all!
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:39:00 AM

jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:51:28 AM

Alex it is set on private I think
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:54:05 AM

jen'ari wrote:

I guess you can cut out the rest and jsut see that I think it should cost a little less as is.

P.s. I agree that the saving out now is under costed. I would place her at 31-36

Interestingly enough, I costed her at 40 and I made her at 39 Cool

Re: Current Sabine; see I could've lived with costing her 36 BigGrin
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 7:01:32 PM

My wife's suggestion for this week: "make a time-travelling Ezra"

So here we are haha

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33091/ezra-bridger--legend
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 3:47:29 AM

I haven't seen anything past season 1.

While I did like what I have watched so far, when I heard about this:
General_Grievous wrote:
time-travelling

I lost most of my interest in seeing more... From my experience, time travel, when not the central gimmick of the movie/show, has only ever made things stupid.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 3:58:38 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
I haven't seen anything past season 1.

While I did like what I have watched so far, when I heard about this:
General_Grievous wrote:
time-travelling

I lost most of my interest in seeing more... From my experience, time travel, when not the central gimmick of the movie/show, has only ever made things stupid.

It is a one time thing, and it is tied in with Darth Sidious. I did not know how much I would like it either; however, I think they pulled it off.
Rebels does showcase some very powerful manifestations of the Force. TheBendu's Force Storm is a whole different level as well.
I think if you gave it a try you would see why most people do not have an issue with it.

I do hope you watch the show because it gets really enteratining and fun and sometimes even deep.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 4:18:34 AM

Eventually I will see the rest of the show, but due to my overall dislike of time-travel unless it has "Back to the Future" in the title I have no motivation to check it out anytime soon. Good luck to all who enter!

Even if it's well done, my main issue with time-travel is the potential to use it over and over again (LOST is a prime example of how stupid it gets, and giving that option to JJ, have mercy on us all!!!!!!).
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 4:42:05 AM

You will be glad to know that they locked and destroyed the use of it. It has no way of happening again. I think they understand the limited use of it
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 9:39:31 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
Eventually I will see the rest of the show, but due to my overall dislike of time-travel unless it has "Back to the Future" in the title I have no motivation to check it out anytime soon. Good luck to all who enter!

Even if it's well done, my main issue with time-travel is the potential to use it over and over again (LOST is a prime example of how stupid it gets, and giving that option to JJ, have mercy on us all!!!!!!).

I agree about time traveling, I always hated Aiing Ti Flow Walking, thought it, along with the Vong, were the stupidest thing the Legends Universe ever did. ( That, and every one is cloned, and can be killed and brought back somehow)
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 3:09:14 PM

General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 4:32:31 PM

shmi15 wrote:
Lord_Ball wrote:

I agree about time traveling, I always hated Aiing Ti Flow Walking, thought it, along with the Vong, were the stupidest thing the Legends Universe ever did. ( That, and every one is cloned, and can be killed and brought back somehow)

I'll be that guy to speak for the other side here. Normally I'm not a massive fan of time travel as a plot correction device (ala most of Marvel) or any of that alternate realities infinite probabilities many universes stuff, just takes away any of the actual effect of character dying and consequences of people's actions since you can reboot and fix it all. I do enjoy it as a stand alone unique one time arc. Example Days of Future Past was incredible. I really like Star War's limited use of it as the force never really lets people get too out of line. Aing-Tii Flow Walking was more of an intense observer of a past event but no actual changes could be made. And they used the Rebels on appropriately due to:
- made sense on the technology as the Father/Son/Daughter are a crazy combo and capable of it.
- it was used to help a pre-existing arc/character
- was immediately sealed off/destroyed to prevent future altercations
- made for a cool very different head-trip of an episode.

Anyways all that said and my wife didn't really enjoy the last season either, but more so because of all of the unresolved characters/arc and untapped potential of the era. (Why that random pilot and not Baron Fel? Episodes about Sabine and Wedge in the Imperials? Kallus just fizzling out. ETC...)

Also Vong rule! Hahaha
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 4:37:03 PM

Alex your entry is set to private