RegisterDonateLogin

Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 105 - Rebels Season 4 Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 4:38:46 PM
Groups: Member

surf_rider56 wrote:
I only watched Rebels sporadically, so who's who on what season ... Having said that, this is what I'm tossing out.

Ashoka, Jedi Wanderer

This is obviously the last episode; just extrapolating what she was like at that moment.

Next one is Sabine. Can't remember what year this was but I thought that she was interesting.

Sabine Wren, Wielder of the Darksaber

Just a different take on Wren. I thought the V-Set was a tad much ... IMO

Cheers,

surf

Wow Surf both really solid choices, I like Sabine better for simplicity as she is an appropriate update, but Ahsoka is super cool and gets extra points for something totally unknown. Not sure which I like better. Awesome job
jak
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2018 9:18:12 AM

I'll re-join the pack with this entry
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33092/loth-wolf
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2018 10:25:30 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Alex it is set on private I think

Yep, can't read it dude; gotta go public. Can't see it, I can't vote for it.
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2018 2:04:35 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
I only watched Rebels sporadically, so who's who on what season ... Having said that, this is what I'm tossing out.

Ashoka, Jedi Wanderer

This is obviously the last episode; just extrapolating what she was like at that moment.

Next one is Sabine. Can't remember what year this was but I thought that she was interesting.

Sabine Wren, Wielder of the Darksaber

Just a different take on Wren. I thought the V-Set was a tad much ... IMO

Cheers,

surf

Which one did you go with of these?
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:44:23 PM

shmi15 wrote:

Which one did you go with of these?

While I'm a flip of the coin on both, I hear Sabine is SEason III, not IV, so I'm going with Ashoka this week.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:59:32 PM

@surf i feel the SA about Ezra needs to say something about before or after initiative is determined.
shmi15
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2018 3:40:40 AM

@Surf

Base stats look good on her, I like the Parry/Search for Ezra combo. My only concern is it seems like you can do it every time someone activates... search For Ezra seems like Ezra can just dance around her until you put him where you want to be. I would put a limit to once per round or something on it. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong at all. I would never play this one over the other Ahsoka, not that its a requirement, but thats how I am judging this week.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2018 6:32:12 AM

shmi15 wrote:
@Surf

Base stats look good on her, I like the Parry/Search for Ezra combo. My only concern is it seems like you can do it every time someone activates... search For Ezra seems like Ezra can just dance around her until you put him where you want to be. I would put a limit to once per round or something on it. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong at all. I would never play this one over the other Ahsoka, not that its a requirement, but thats how I am judging this week.

Ashoka, Jedi Seeker Version 2.0

Yeah, I could see abuse in that I didn't specify when Ezra could move; As to this Ashoka being a dynamic powerhouse offensively, this is supposed to be the Ashoka at the end of Rebels; this isn't "Snips," the teenage kid that worked with Anakin. This is the Ashoka that's world-weary, maybe early 40's, that's just deciding to help Sabine find Ezra to make up for all the sacrifices he'd made. She can still hit hard (Loner) but most of her abilities are aimed at quietly moving around and helping her friends.
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2018 2:13:58 AM

Guys thnx for telling me, I just fixed it!!!
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2018 2:14:40 AM

Guys thnx for noticing, I just fixed it!!!
jak
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2018 11:23:40 AM

jak wrote:
I'll re-join the pack with this entry
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33092/loth-wolf

Made a few changes
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2018 7:30:39 AM

Thoughts as I sit on a boat enjoying the Arizona sunshine ....

jen - Kanan Jarrus, Balanced. I keep looking at him and I keep thinking for a Jedi who almost walked away
from Being a Jedi, he seems awfully powerful. I blame the show as much as anything. A barely trained Knight develop's Master level abilities ... in Four "Seasons?" So I'm at a crossroads. He doesn't do anything the show's version didn't do; I just think they shouldn't have gone there .... Stasis and Redirect seem more Yoda level, never mind Jarrus powers.

Alex - Kanan Jarrus, Jedi Knight. I like See Through/Force. Isn't Form III basically Soresu with a +2 against nonadjacent? Base 20, SA's 29, FP's 36 sosorta on the money.

GG - Ezra Bridger, Legend. How does Pugill work?? It seems half an idea; you take two characters away and ...?? Reach seems like a one off Eternal Hatred ... not sure about playing with time here ....

shmi - Grand Admiral. Interesting design theory you have. I don't necessarily agree with it but that's another story. You've got some custom SA's that frankly seem a bit much but it IS Thrawn so not sure what to say.

jak - Loth-wolf. You've changed a few things over the weekend. Isn't this guy rather expensive for a 60 HP piece? Pack Attack is interesting (isn't it just swarm, although the name makes more sense with a wolf/paCK.) Hyper still feels a bit much.

With only six entries this week, things could get ugly real fast. Scared Things to ponder as I go back to work.

Peace,

surf
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2018 11:20:40 AM

1. GG

2. surfrider

3. shmi15
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2018 3:39:52 PM

Hey Surf Summon Purgil is basically a way to eliminate a lower cost character like a tanky high defenses piece or a key Commander, but it comes at a heavy cost. Kind of like a self-destruct sequence kind of deal. And it's just a little bit of time travel hahaha
shmi15
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2018 4:41:26 PM

1. Surf
2. Alex
3. Jen
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2018 5:31:51 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

jen - Kanan Jarrus, Balanced. I keep looking at him and I keep thinking for a Jedi who almost walked away
from Being a Jedi, he seems awfully powerful. I blame the show as much as anything. A barely trained Knight develop's Master level abilities ... in Four "Seasons?" So I'm at a crossroads. He doesn't do anything the show's version didn't do; I just think they shouldn't have gone there .... Stasis and Redirect seem more Yoda level, never mind Jarrus powers.

i agree with everything you just said. The only thing I can say is that they did take efforts to show his connection with the force growing. It is just a hard pill to swallow that he can do it all on his own for the most part.

Kind of like Rey picking up a saber and fighting Kylo. Luke picked up a Saber and.... got shot by a training toy 5 year olds use....

it does take away from mentoring and the difficulty of controlling and using the force.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2018 7:01:33 PM

3rd - GG

2nd - Alex

1st - jak
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2018 9:24:51 PM

3rd Shmi
2nd Alex
1st Surf

Sorry I didn't get a chance to comment more, busy this week!
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 6:06:11 AM

jak and Alex haven't voted yet. I haven't been paying attention much the last month or so; how long do we wait?
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 6:16:04 AM

Oh geez. it is over. haha.

tally em up

Surf with 8 wins!!