RegisterDonateLogin

More addictive than death sticks.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Solo Movie Discussion - MASSIVE SPOILERS Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2018 12:00:00 AM
Groups: Member

So just got out of the theatre. Man first thoughts, that was pretty darn good! Not like Rogue One good but definitely better than the Last Jedi.

Also did not expect to see that Sith still up to his tricks, and so many new characters! Tons of obvious Scum, but also Imperial Infantry Han! And Stormtroopers with wall climber!
jak
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2018 7:46:48 AM

Any Wookiees there?
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2018 11:26:06 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
And Stormtroopers with wall climber!

You mean like these?
http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/510/raxus-prime-trooper
Wink
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2018 11:27:58 AM

Tobias Beckett killed AURRA SING!?!

Sweet bone thrown out there for the Hardcore geeks like us.

Never would've thought of casting Woody Harrelson is one of the most bad ass gunslingers in the galaxy.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2018 11:28:32 AM

jak wrote:
Any Wookiees there?

Nah, none of those
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2018 12:39:31 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
And Stormtroopers with wall climber!

You mean like these?
http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/510/raxus-prime-trooper
Wink

Umm no. Cough cough, totally different.... alright I forgot about those hahaha.

But so many cool little Easter egg connections, Han claiming he had a VCX-100 (the ship otherwise known as the Ghost from Rebels), the aurra big (made woody's character so much cooler). Han and Chewie had some pretty funny interactions. Wasn't a huge fan of Lando's droid, came on too strong haha. But Lando himself was awesome, the voice and mannerisms were perfect. Would love to do a CCC Week about the new movie but I should probably wait until more people have seen it. Absolutely loved the last 1/3 of the movie though. Epic finish and I don't even want to mention the bug reveal near the end yet even on a spoiler thread. But very cool to see the connections between the Clone Wars and Rebels here.
shmi15
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2018 5:12:42 PM

I just watched it... And holy cow, that was awesome. To me, the best thing... Is her name is Kreia.... And a CCC about this movie would be awesome. So many cool ways to make a new Han or a new Lando. Chewy could use a character from here.... And who knows what else.

I was happy with the movie! Want to talk more when more time goes by for sure tho
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2018 8:31:55 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
[quote=TimmerB123][quote=General_Grievous]Wasn't a huge fan of Lando's droid, came on too strong haha..

What? L3-37 was awesome BECAUSE she came on so strong! That's her character's personality, and it was unique and new. Loved her.

Ya know, say what you will about Disney taking over - they do lead Droids right. BB-8, K-2SO and L3-37 rule!
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2018 2:33:30 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
[quote=TimmerB123][quote=General_Grievous]Wasn't a huge fan of Lando's droid, came on too strong haha..

What? L3-37 was awesome BECAUSE she came on so strong! That's her character's personality, and it was unique and new. Loved her.

Ya know, say what you will about Disney taking over - they do lead Droids right. BB-8, K-2SO and L3-37 rule!

I just think L3 came off as forced... I know it was her progaming, just wasn't a huge fan. It didn't hurt the movie at all tho, so its not like it was the worst thing in the movie.

Solo also did a good/fun job of feeling in little gaps with why Han is the way he is... I mean... The end of the movie was pretty awesome, it shows WHY Han shoots first! lol
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2018 8:32:54 AM

shmi15 wrote:
I know it was her progaming . . .

To me the whole point was to show that Droids are much more than their programming.

Also side note, I have no doubt this is coincidental, but from 1983's The Lando Calrissian adventures book trilogy, Lando had a "sentient", independent droid: Vuffi Raa. Don't remember a lot about those stories, but if memory serves Lando treated Vuffi as an equal sentient being.

shmi15 wrote:
Solo also did a good/fun job of feeling in little gaps with why Han is the way he is... I mean... The end of the movie was pretty awesome, it shows WHY Han shoots first! lol

+1
As much as I'm in love with Qi'ra, it would've made me so mad to have them together in a happy ending.
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2018 8:38:58 AM

The droid had her parts for sure I just felt like she dominated a lot of the scenes she was in instead of contributing to then and by like her 5th time mentioning droid rights I was all "ok yeah I get it already, droids are people too" Hahaha. She was funny during the revolution though.

Excellent movie though and yeah Teras Kasi will have to be an ability on the girl for sure! And Sing is dead! Haha. But yes super cool characters and I really want to bash off some CCC weeks for these people.

Best part for me was the ending though, Han shoots first!
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2018 11:20:09 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
I know it was her progaming . . .

To me the whole point was to show that Droids are much more than their programming.

Also side note, I have no doubt this is coincidental, but from 1983's The Lando Calrissian adventures book trilogy, Lando had a "sentient", independent droid: Vuffi Raa. Don't remember a lot about those stories, but if memory serves Lando treated Vuffi as an equal sentient being.

shmi15 wrote:

+1
As much as I'm in love with Qi'ra, it would've made me so mad to have them together in a happy ending.

I refer to her as Danerys Stormborn, of House Targaryen! lol, but for real, I 100% thought her name was KREIA during the movie! lol. The entire time I was like, holy shit, they are doing KOTOR 2! Still love that she is in it... and pumped to see what Maul has in store for her....

But yea, this was a great movie, and lots of cool Mini's ideas from it
trappedslider
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2018 4:01:16 PM

name for the next V-set: Solo movie! LOL and every character in the movie gets a card......no matter how much or how little screen time they got!
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2018 8:42:12 PM

trappedslider wrote:
name for the next V-set: Solo movie! LOL and every character in the movie gets a card......no matter how much or how little screen time they got!

Do it! Hahaha

Also just watched it a second time! Even better, someone let Ron Howard direct more Star Wars movies!
EmporerDragon
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2018 9:55:26 PM

Saw it tonight. Meh. It was a decent enough movie and I'd consider it better than Force Awakens and Last Jedi, but that's a pretty low bar to surpass.

One thing I really disliked was the depiction of Corellia. In legends, the planet's one of the most important, wealthy, and powerful locations in the galaxy, while in the movie, it's more like Space Detroit. Same thing with Kessel; I'm used to the potato-shaped Imperial prison world with a barely breathable atmosphere, not what we got in the movie.
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2018 2:17:51 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:
Saw it tonight. Meh. It was a decent enough movie and I'd consider it better than Force Awakens and Last Jedi, but that's a pretty low bar to surpass.

One thing I really disliked was the depiction of Corellia. In legends, the planet's one of the most important, wealthy, and powerful locations in the galaxy, while in the movie, it's more like Space Detroit. Same thing with Kessel; I'm used to the potato-shaped Imperial prison world with a barely breathable atmosphere, not what we got in the movie.

Sounds like your stuck in the past and can't get out of it. If your only critique, is its not how Legends had it, then I would say the movie was a success LOL

Way to many people are Disney haters just because its a cool fad nowadays.

If you don't like how Star Wars is going, go back and watch Firefly, you know, the 1 show with 1 season. Thats what Star Wars would be without Disney.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2018 7:37:22 AM

shmi15 wrote:
EmporerDragon wrote:

Sounds like your stuck in the past and can't get out of it. If your only critique, is its not how Legends had it, then I would say the movie was a success LOL

If you don't like how Star Wars is going, go back and watch Firefly, you know, the 1 show with 1 season. Thats what Star Wars would be without Disney.

I didn't like how Corellia was depicted either. Legends aside, I think it would've had more depth if Han came from the slums of a powerful planet, not just from a slum planet.

But it certainly didn't ruin the movie for me.

That aside - FIREFLY RULES! It's a travesty it never went further than it did.
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2018 7:41:53 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
EmporerDragon wrote:

I didn't like how Corellia was depicted either. Legends aside, I think it would've had more depth if Han came from the slums of a powerful planet, not just from a slum planet.

But it certainly didn't ruin the movie for me.

That aside - FIREFLY RULES! It's a travesty it never went further than it did.

See, so you can have a travesty... Or Disney ThumbsUp

Side Note, I honestly do not like Firefly... I never understood why it was such a big deal! lol
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2018 9:17:49 AM

I really appreciated some of the epic visuals there, and I think parts of Corellia are Scum-like but it's still a major manufacturing world for the Empire as seen by the massive Star destroyers being built and the many TIE Parts everywhere.
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2018 3:19:26 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Tobias Beckett killed AURRA SING!?!

Sweet bone thrown out there for the Hardcore geeks like us.

Never would've thought of casting Woody Harrelson is one of the most bad ass gunslingers in the galaxy.

And the dude crushed it!!!