RegisterDonateLogin

Come on, admit it. Sometimes you think it's all right.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 108 - Scruffy-Looking Nerf Herders Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, June 8, 2018 7:27:16 AM
Groups: Member

jen'ari wrote:

I also kind of wondered why it is 20 HP when he can deal 30 in one shot.

20 HP? Koth has 70 hp

jen'ari
Posted: Friday, June 8, 2018 7:59:18 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

I also kind of wondered why it is 20 HP when he can deal 30 in one shot.

20 HP? Koth has 70 hp

my apologies, why does Code of Ethics say 20 HP when he can kill someone with 30 HP?

It seems odd since Code of Ethics is about not killing people.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, June 8, 2018 8:32:44 AM

Well, Koth is an anomaly; a "Sith" with ethics. He just won't kill someone who's almost dead
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, June 9, 2018 2:21:30 PM

So, I really don't seem to have a consensus on what to pick ….

N2-CRD Smuggler Droid
Alderaan Smuggler
Arcona Smuggler
Koth Vortena, Sith Smuggler

I obviously like them all for different reasons. Like the Aldraanian and Droid, but they seem to have elicited the least comments.

The Arconan got some likes but is he enough to win?

The Sith Koth seems to have gotten the most reaction. Jen has compared him to Atton Rand; if we start comparing every CCC to something will we ever get anything done ever again? Not Everything we do is That "unique" and that's pressure I don't want to put any of us under.

Much as I like the them all …. I'm going with the Arcona Smuggler. For the price and what he Could do with a lil help I like him better.

Peace,

surf
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, June 9, 2018 10:00:19 PM

Life is still crazy with newborn but couldn't resist a Solo entry:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33131/lando-calrissian--smuggler
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2018 2:58:03 PM

1. Jak

2. Shmi15 (had to read up on Solo in the movie a bit)

3. Blemelisk

****NOTE****

I originally voted for other people. I looked at LB's post and saw Blemelisk and didn't remember reviewing his when I went for my final "judging". I went back, found it, reviewed it and place it at 3rd.

Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 4:58:46 AM

1 blem
2 GG
3 surf
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 7:48:25 AM

An observation: It seems to me what we've really become is not so much a Custom Character Contest as a Custom SA/FP contest and how well does our new SA/FP fit the character and interact with the rest of the SWM universe (and yes, I'm as guilty as everyone else.) It was bound to happen in that there's only so many ways you can toss SA/FP's together to create x character. Only new SA's make anything interesting any more …. Sigh … not sure how I feel about this …. carry on.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 7:52:42 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
An observation: It seems to me what we've really become is not so much a Custom Character Contest as a Custom SA/FP contest and how well does our new SA/FP fit the character and interact with the rest of the SWM universe (and yes, I'm as guilty as everyone else.) It was bound to happen in that there's only so many ways you can toss SA/FP's together to create x character. Only new SA's make anything interesting any more …. Sigh … not sure how I feel about this …. carry on.

It would be interesting to see a CCC with zero new abilities. to refresh our use of already made SA's.

But I have a bias towards unique characters. Unique characters have a much higher percentage of having unique SA's.

jen'ari
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 4:37:37 PM

GET VOTES IN!!
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 5:01:58 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

1. surf
2. LB
3. jak
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 6:17:13 PM

1: Gandolf an optional extra activation is pretty cool, and theamatic for a smuggler.
2: Jen'ari that is very Solo is you ask me.
3: jak that BS Smuggler can combine with other BS for some new interesting fun!

I still think that Surf and I should have stick with our Nerf Herder/Nerf combo. I truly was a winning combination! ThumpUp
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 6:36:54 PM

Thoughts ….

gandalf - Alliance #1. Well, you raised the cost to the outer limits of being "aggresively" costed, but it still has other issues that many others raised but you never really addressed so not sure what to say.

blem - Alliance #2. Base 10, Evade Trap. Stealth =16. The more I look at the piece, the more it makes me nervous; You lose a uniqie >12 piece, could you bring it back? If he can survive long enough, he could bring in how many pieces? Friends seem to have the potential for some nasty abuse.

LB - Veteran Smuggler. The theme to this CCC seems to be some interestingly dangerous SA's. Like Blem's Friends SA, Smuggle seems to have some scary potential for abuse.

Caedus - DJ, Master Slicer. Well ... he's more of a Slicer/Thief ... not really a smuggler.

E.Dragon - Lando, Swindler. Swindler isn't a smuggler; having said that, you never really addressed or replied to several peoples concerns on Winning Hand.

jen - Han, Hutt Smuggler. Base 18; Unique, Cartel, Double, Mobile & Stealth = 27. Both Shots probably cost round 5 so 32 is good.Tac is nice, Quick would force an opponent to think, so also Nice.

shmi - Solo. Base 13, hard to figure with 3 new SA's, probably no more than 25; close enough. Like Arrogant; Wrong could be dangerous. Your First Shot could have been more specific.

jak - BS Smuggler. Lots of ways to kill stealth and Smuggle up could also be a great target for ranged attacks that deal damage to adjacents, especially if you could damage/kill +2 with some missles/grenades.

GG - Lando, Smuggler. If Preservation means heading back towards the starting point, if Lando hasn't moved yet, you could use this as a way to preposition Lando; not necessarily a good thing …

Two that aren't even smugglers, 5 have some questions that I would've wanted answers to …..

Voting hopefully soon.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 6:59:34 PM

GG - 3rd

LB - 2nd

jen - 1st
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 7:03:29 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

surf_rider56 wrote:
Thoughts ….

gandalf - Alliance #1. Well, you raised the cost to the outer limits of being "aggresively" costed, but it still has other issues that many others raised but you never really addressed so not sure what to say.

Ah... did you see the ability I added? That closes off potential synergy with Whorm, and plenty others as well. That was the only valid concern raised except the cost- and he's costed aggresively for the purpose of making Booster Terrik good.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 7:09:08 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
Thoughts ….

Ah... did you see the ability I added? That closes off potential synergy with Whorm, and plenty others as well. That was the only valid concern raised except the cost- and he's costed aggresively for the purpose of making Booster Terrik good.

Actually, no I peeked before I wrote up my thoughts. Looked at the one ability (didn't look any different) but missed the las SA. Not sure how it would've changed my scoring Confused
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 7:12:27 PM

Gandalf, a bit ability heavy but cool smuggler coop

Blem, very interesting ability, you could technically spam these guys and bring in a bunch of troops each round, but you have to get him across the board, and can't bring in much. Very interesting.

LB, I really like the idea behind this guy but smuggle is actually crazy strong especially being cheap Fringe, it's basically cheap super stealth that is immune to disruptive/force sense/Bastilla. For that I think his cost should be much higher, hand out a different ability, or be only for one adjacent character.

Caedus, interesting character choice as I'm not sure he's a smuggler, and con man is a very strong ability to be on a fringe piece and might make this guy too strong.

Emperor, I agree with Surf on this one that the post game ability is a bit to much for the game. You are onto something with card skifter but think it needs some clarification/limitation.

Jen, simple enough and fitting for Han though feels weird theme-wise but could just be me.

Shmi, probably could have bumped damage to 20 or made his opening shot a natural Crit, and would have just made his HIESYW ability affinity for simplicity. But other than that a really fitting piece.

Jak, it's super weird but I like it haha.

Surf, hilarious negative ability and overall great piece, why Republic though??

3rd Blem
2nd Jak
1st Shmi
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 7:18:53 PM

General_Grievous wrote:

Why Not? RollEyes

Besides, jen likes unique's … I think 99.99999 percent of anything is just the ordinary average Joe non-unique.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 7:29:17 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

Why Not? RollEyes

Besides, jen likes unique's … I think 99.99999 percent of anything is just the ordinary average Joe non-unique.

true dat ^ but the ordinary is not "exciting".
Would you come watch me play pick up basketball? just some middle age whte guys with hairy chests shooting basketball?
Or how Saturday morning tennis at the Commons?

Of course not. It is the Uniques that are engine of the game.
I do think I need to do better with seeing the combos in non-uniques. I did like your smuggler. I liked the ability mix on him.

@GG what is possibly unthematic on the Solo? the Hutt Cartel?
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 7:38:08 PM

Yeah Jen Hutt Cartel just feels weird, I never felt like Han worked for Jabba the same as Bib or his henchmen and was more of a freelancer but maybe future Solo movies will prove me wrong