RegisterDonateLogin

I ain't seen one of these websites since I was prospecting on Subterrel.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 110 the Un-Custom! Options
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 7:04:03 AM
Groups: Member

It was brought up in a previous CCC, and it worked out pretty well for me this last week, so this week lets create characters with no custom abilities. You can create a custom CE, but if it gives out an ability it cannot be a custom one. Lets see some creative combinations of what we have available!

Clarification: Current abilities that exist (example: Synergy/Camaraderie/etc.) may be altered to address different characters/groups as long as they conform the rest of the rules.

General Rules:

You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. Try to give feedback if possible to help designers out. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, June 23th, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, June 25th, 2018.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 1:59:09 PM

Cool challenge! Here is my entry since I am still feeling Solo-like:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33155/tobias-beckett
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 4:43:59 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Agreed, cool challenge, and no figuring out wording for how stuff is supposed to work. BigGrin
I just happened to be looking at stuff, saw one from a 'project' I haven't finished, and so with some minor fiddling...

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/18762/antarian-ranger-lieutenant

surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 6:50:07 PM

swinefeld wrote:
Agreed, cool challenge, and no figuring out wording for how stuff is supposed to work. BigGrin
I just happened to be looking at stuff, saw one from a 'project' I haven't finished, and so with some minor fiddling...

Welcome back swine! Not sure I recognize the significance of the flavor/NoCE reference. I put my own Antarian in my customs as comparison so I wouldn't hijack this CCC

I've got a Bunch of no custom SA/FP cards, just got to figure what to toss out ….
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 8:59:30 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
swinefeld wrote:

Welcome back swine! Not sure I recognize the significance of the flavor/NoCE reference. I put my own Antarian in my customs as comparison so I wouldn't hijack this CCC

I've got a Bunch of no custom SA/FP cards, just got to figure what to toss out ….

"Honorific title"? != an actual commander? Maybe, maybe not. Consider my entry a 'test run'. I'm not 'back', per se. Just trying to get in a quickie before I get too busy to play along for a significant stretch of time. Wink
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 7:20:47 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33157/sith-weapon-master

Wanted it to be able to "best" the Jedi Weapon Master. costs 4 more same base stats.
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 9:32:33 AM

Couldn't make up my mine; lots of stuff to ;ick from, good, bad & ugly. I settled on this guy

Outer Rim Emissary I was rummaging around, looking for something different than the usual shooter/force user. I settled on this guy; an alien from the outer rim who isn't nice and has some tricks. Dangerous to ranged attackers but easily killed if based.

Cheers,

surf
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 12:43:09 PM

I always like when you can run a squad thats a pure subfaction. And I always thought the Gloomwalkers were very close to being there. So here is my attempt to help them a bit.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33158/veteran-gloomwalker
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 1:06:27 PM

For my own entry I submit: (an oldie but I like him)
Pablo-Jill
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 1:56:47 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Couldn't make up my mine; lots of stuff to ;ick from, good, bad & ugly. I settled on this guy

Outer Rim Emissary I was rummaging around, looking for something different than the usual shooter/force user. I settled on this guy; an alien from the outer rim who isn't nice and has some tricks. Dangerous to ranged attackers but easily killed if based.

Cheers,

surf

Interesting mix of abilities, as a massive fan of molecular shielding I like it a lot, only observation is with diplomat this character probably won't be a target to get of the shielding. Also I would consider I would consider dropping vibroblade or diplomat as a wall of these guys with Talon and a super stealth character in line of sight would be hitting for 30 damage (or more with other CEs) adjacent and your opponent would be unable to target anyone yet keep chopping up the enemy squad. Makes the Genoharaden liaison pretty darn relevant though
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 5:23:10 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Cheers,

surf

Interesting mix of abilities, as a massive fan of molecular shielding I like it a lot, only observation is with diplomat this character probably won't be a target to get of the shielding. Also I would consider I would consider dropping vibroblade or diplomat as a wall of these guys with Talon and a super stealth character in line of sight would be hitting for 30 damage (or more with other CEs) adjacent and your opponent would be unable to target anyone yet keep chopping up the enemy squad. Makes the Genoharaden liaison pretty darn relevant though

DOF is interesting for a Diplomat.. I dunno many people who are just terrified to find out a Diplomat is coming to talk to them, lol. I do agree that with a Talon Squad, these guys could become pretty brutal. I'm not gonna take the time to build a squad with this, but I will say for 12 points, a gambit getter who takes 4 attack away, would be in my Fringe squads. I don't know if its an NPE, but it is for sure a competitive piece. I'll think more on it and give a better insight to my thoughts later on.
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2018 9:56:35 AM

Interesting mix of abilities, as a massive fan of molecular shielding I like it a lot, only observation is with diplomat this character probably won't be a target to get of the shielding. Also I would consider I would consider dropping vibroblade or diplomat as a wall of these guys with Talon and a super stealth character in line of sight would be hitting for 30 damage (or more with other CEs) adjacent and your opponent would be unable to target anyone yet keep chopping up the enemy squad. Makes the Genoharaden liaison pretty darn relevant though [/quote]

Not sure how "adjacent" to this guy is a worry?? I picked Molecular instead of Energy Shield to make sure there Was no "adjacent" issue. Would he be the usual pain of a diplomat blocking something? Yes. But he's easily killed in the right situ by being based (as any other diplomat; I'm just taking away the ranged attack death, and I'll be honest I've never seen/played against a Talon squad before

shmi15 wrote:

DOF is interesting for a Diplomat.. I dunno many people who are just terrified to find out a Diplomat is coming to talk to them, lol. I do agree that with a Talon Squad, these guys could become pretty brutal. I'm not gonna take the time to build a squad with this, but I will say for 12 points, a gambit getter who takes 4 attack away, would be in my Fringe squads. I don't know if its an NPE, but it is for sure a competitive piece. I'll think more on it and give a better insight to my thoughts later on.

See above regarding the Talon squad so I'm not sure what to say about taking away four attacks?
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2018 12:14:13 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

Not sure how "adjacent" to this guy is a worry?? I picked Molecular instead of Energy Shield to make sure there Was no "adjacent" issue. Would he be the usual pain of a diplomat blocking something? Yes. But he's easily killed in the right situ by being based (as any other diplomat; I'm just taking away the ranged attack death, and I'll be honest I've never seen/played against a Talon squad before

shmi15 wrote:

See above regarding the Talon squad so I'm not sure what to say about taking away four attacks?

Uh... since when was it easy to kill Diplomats by basing them? The Diplomat restriction does not go away when they are based. If a character is adjacent to a Diplomat, and has line of sight to an enemy without it, they can shoot neither... afaik the best way to kill diplomats that doesn't require killing the rest of the enemy squad is to run back into a place where you have LOS to them, but no other enemy without diplomat, and shoot them. This guy makes that aspect a lot harder, so that the only plausible way to kill him would be Political Operative or other ways to get around it, which are somewhat rare.
And shmi didn't mean taking away 4 attacks, but taking away 4 Attack (Doctrine of Fear).
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2018 12:34:26 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:

Uh... since when was it easy to kill Diplomats by basing them? The Diplomat restriction does not go away when they are based. If a character is adjacent to a Diplomat, and has line of sight to an enemy without it, they can shoot neither... afaik the best way to kill diplomats that doesn't require killing the rest of the enemy squad is to run back into a place where you have LOS to them, but no other enemy without diplomat, and shoot them. This guy makes that aspect a lot harder, so that the only plausible way to kill him would be Political Operative or other ways to get around it, which are somewhat rare.
And shmi didn't mean taking away 4 attacks, but taking away 4 Attack (Doctrine of Fear).

I never meant that basing is an autokill other than the usual LoS issue … and hiding someone next to him can only last for so long. Is he a pain? YES, but isn't that the idea? Just like anything else, it would require planning to play him And go against him … and that's why I made him, he's a Pain …

When I coached High School ball, my philosophy was always I don't mind losing (if I can't win) but I want you to pay for the privilege. This guy reminds of that.
Oakel
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2018 1:30:19 PM

The diplomat sure is powerful! The deadly, duplicit diplomat is such a cool theme. I've always wanted a competitive version of a diplomat squad since I saw Imperial Dignitaries. I think my concern with that piece would be that with good positioning, any squad without non-target damage would not be able to respond. I would afraid that the opponent would be left to simply position around a dangerous but unanswerable piece, which would detract from enjoyment the game.

For my entry, I wanted to present a dedicated bodyguard droid for powerful players in the galaxy - Cartel bosses, Political leaders, House Patriarchs might invest in one of these to keep them safe. Not powerful alone, but as protection it becomes a formidable support.

Guardian FIII Footman Droid
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2018 2:49:20 PM

I can't get behind a diplomat attacking. I already have the duplicate that do it already. This one in fringe can do lots of things. Talon, chiss Captain, jabba, etc. Gets him +20 damage easily. Seps grants twin, it can get extra attack, etc etc. And doctrine of fear let's him have effectively a 10 attack rating.
Plus whatever bonus
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2018 6:18:11 PM

Surf - As has been stated, this guy is more brutal in an all Fringe squad than I think you intended. DOF on a Diplomat is actually pretty brutal, add in Vibroblade, and this guy can actually pack a pretty good punch.

Oakel - I like the idea of this droid... But I think it may be a tad to much in the OR. As you stated, Baur-Dur ups his attack, he needs a save of 9 to reduce 10 damage twice... And then a save of 9 to attack back. He gets Double from Baur, can BG him, and also be healed by him. Bastilla is there, and she can give him +10 damage. I think if you were to make it just Republic... It would be better.. But as Jen said, a price increase is probably warranted.

Lord Ball - I do like the simplicity of the piece.. And I know people hate hearing this all the time, but compared to other Jedi in republic around his cost, I dunno if he compares much to them. I do enjoy the "flashback" of the old Jedi in him, and it does look like he could fill some niches in a scenario.

Jenari - Another simple piece, very effective tho in the few abilities. He flows well in the Sith, and I think he benefits from many CE, as you pointed out. My only complaint, would be I wish he gave something out, being a weapons master, but I know you were wanting to keep his cost down, and I understand it.

Swinefeld - Another simple piece, that helps fill out a nice subfaction. As stated, multiple times, I love subfactions. FA and RO are very nice abilities to help the Rangers out, and I would love to see this piece be used in some set at some point.

GG - My only gripe is the high HP, and the Counterstrike. I understand you used Counterstrike, because you could not create a new ability, but I just don't think it fits him well, especially from the movie. Granted, if he makes the evade save, it does fit perfectly, lol. ( Thats where I think a new ability would be nice) For 46 tho I dunno if he competes with the Fringe shooters you were tryng to compete against.

1 Swinefeld

2 Jen

3 GG
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2018 7:26:47 PM

@surf - we already have Diplomats in the game that are built to do harm on their own without support. My main gripe with yours would be Doctrine of Fear. As others have stated, it's counter-intuitive to the idea of a Diplomat (one that isn't secretly a Sith Lord or something ;) )

It's a cool idea, and I hadn't commented yet, so I'm commenting. BlooMilk
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2018 3:20:54 AM

But the other diplomats that deal damage are much more limited by faction, attack ratings, and damage. With talon this guy is dropping 30 with essentially a 14 attack. As jabba it's an 18 attack for 40
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2018 8:48:47 AM

Just so you guys know... DOF gives enemies MINUS 4 to THEIR ATTACK... Not their Defense.