RegisterDonateLogin

Is indeed as powerful as the Emperor has foreseen.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 111 - Bust A Move! Options
Oakel
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 8:42:49 AM
Groups: Member

I am genuinely excited about the CCC - there are so many interesting and compelling creations! I'm afraid when it comes time to vote I'm not going to be able to pair them down. Great ideas everyone.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 1:56:42 PM

Thrawn version 2.0

swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 3:42:31 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

surf_rider56 wrote:
Thrawn version 2.0

Camaraderie should grant an SA that Thrawn has, but I won't quibble about that, as it's the only thing that survives after his defeat. (and not the first instance of an attack boost in Camaraderie, which happened 1 set after its debut)

I like him. :)
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 3:46:14 PM

Updated (and renamed) my entry to be more in line with my original goals.
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33164/asp-7-tactical-droid

Leaving it there, for better or worse.
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, July 1, 2018 8:20:48 AM

I thought I'd get a jump on voting before I left for the day and did some cursory peeking on who provides movement in some way shape or form (and who has movement breakers ….)

I suspected but wasn't sure until this morning; the only non-uniques that provide movement are Lift droids and transports (Skiff & Rebel Cart.) Transports aren't necessarily Movement breakers, but the point being that it seems breakers only come from Uniques (I hate when that happens.) My search is by No means comprehensive, just a quick peek and I'd be happy to be told otherwise since my own customs have a few non-uniques, but …. just a point of interest.

Peace,

surf
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, July 1, 2018 9:30:50 AM

Swinefeld - I was also a fan of the Lift2/BG idea. I do think Lift 2 has some uses. Being able to swap who someone can target I think is great. He is very interesting for sure. And I do like the end product you ended with.

Oakel - My biggest issue, is for 18 points, I'm not sure what you accomplish with this guy. Its a very neat idea "dropping in" during combat. But I would rather it trigger on a "reserves" roll, then just round 2. Neat movement, I just think its on to weak of a character.

GG - I really like this guy. I know there is some issues on Serenity/Aiing Ti and gain abilities. But I think it could be kinked out to make it work. Cool idea! And I would probably try this guy out in a squad or 2 to see what could be made.

ED - My only concern, after looking around a bit, is the 3 guys moving. But, as I read it, I don't think its the worst thing ever. Squad Member is interesting. This guy would be loads of fun in a First Order Squad!

Jen'ari - I just noticed that the CE was boardwide.. I think the majority of N/U Black Sun have range 6 CE. I liek temptation. Neat anti movement breaker. And I do like the Agile ability. Neat idea, just wish it were range 6 instead of Boardwide.

Gandalfthegreatestwizard - As was stated, this piece is unique, but I don't see an incentive to even attack him before the Droids. I'm not a fan of the original Bacta Tank... So I may be a bit biased.

Surf_Rider - I love Thrawn, and I like that you switched part of the Ce to a SA. I wish he had more with his attack/damage. But I love the help to N/U. As I said earlier, MT would've been better than tactician 6, but I get you were going for a different look. Nice work overall

1 GG
2 Surf
3 ED

Oakel
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2018 2:01:51 PM

As I said before, its a tough call. So many pieces add something interesting to the mix!

I don't have time for comments ATM, but I'll try to update later. For now:

1st: General Grievous
2nd: EmporerDragon
3rd: Swinefeld

Honorable mention to Gandalf - I too love the hex droids and would love to see something like that to help them out. I disagree slightly with the execution, but well done!

gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2018 2:45:16 PM

1. EmporerDragon

2. swinefeld

3. GG
EmporerDragon
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2018 6:11:20 PM

1) Shmi15
2) surf rider56
3) General Grievous
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2018 7:45:45 PM

I feel like I stumbled my way into a pretty good topic this week. This is a tough one. Every entry has something really interesting going on... so in no particular order

Surf - I like your Thrawn a lot. Tact+8/Disciplined seems perfectly fitting to me (and different!). The CEs have an old-school feel which I dig for the movement angle. As I commented, the Camaraderie is a bit off template, but probably better than giving stormies permanent Twin. Unsure Some afterthoughts (of course RollEyes ) it might've been interesting if he had Cunning and handed that out instead, which would also tend to kick GARY out of the picture, encourage playing bog-standard stormies, and make him stronger on his own. Did I mention that I like him? BlooMilk

Gandalf - you were first-in this round with a rather (to me) out-of-the-box idea. (I typically like those) I don't know the specific lore (my bad), so have looked at it more from function than flavor. Wish I had found time to read up. As Surf noted, helpless when the droids are gone. I can't quite put my finger on what seems to be missing... maybe just costs too much? I like how you the covered the movement angle. BG, (they boost each other when they die) or don't and then one of the droids closes in on the enemy. That's pretty cool!

Shmi15 - You made a powerful character with no (current) followers (I'm not factoring that as a negative). Where you finished him, makes a really strong start for a BoD subfaction. Minor quibble with SBM wording, but I'm a rules lawyer, so... Nice work. I'd like to see this (BoD) happen.

EmperorD - I loved Security Sweep as the movement angle on your guy since I first saw it. Afterthoughts (again RollEyes) if there is any concern here it might be how well he could possibly work in a Daala Snowtrooper squad or something similar. Very cool movement mechanic, and a very simple piece. Well done.

Jen'ari - Another very simple piece, with a cool new SA (Temptation) that seems to fit Falleen very well, and perhaps Zeltron as well? I won't digress about Deliah ;) I think the CE may be overly broad in scope, but I'm not not sure how I would scope it considering how many Fringe pieces can become Black Sun. (Cad Bane, or anything with Stealth)

GG - we don't have a Sappho Juice emoji here, so pretend this is the correct color. BlooMilk I honestly haven't been able to wrap my head around the possibilities (and I've been rather distracted elsewhere) but you went all-in on the movement thing. When you go big, it's always interesting. :D

Oakel - the Drop mechanic might need some additional work to make it more viable (after some play testing)? but I like how it defers some uncertainty into your opp's positioning choices in the first round. The change you made to allow it to take a turn to reposition after the drop was good (h/t GG).

1st - Surf
2nd - Oakel
3rd - Emperor

I'm still torn, but it took WAY too long just to get to that, so BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk to all.

General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2018 8:53:12 PM

3rd Emperor, great idea for patroller
2nd Oakel, Genius idea to shift the general map layouts for Commander bases
1st Gandalf, you had me at droid boosting but I like the simple cool boost here
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2018 9:42:02 PM

Ok … vacations are because I'm losing track of what day it is (yeah yeah yeah ….)

Voting ….

3rd - Swine (Lift is fascinating, but still needs a hair more work ….)

2nd - shmi Like the idea of the Brotherhood ( a sub-faction waiting to happen) I made 2-3 of them years ago (maybe time to dust them off) and I'm surprised the V-Setters haven't done any yet.

1st - jen A Faleen BSV. Still not sure about SS Agile, but go Big or go home!

Peace,

surf
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 5:36:59 AM

Well we were only waiting on Jen but seeing as how it's Tuesday I tallied it up and it looks like it's me at 8 narrowly edging out Surf with Emperor and Shmi close behind. Good week all and I'll work on getting the next one up shortly!
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 6:28:36 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Well we were only waiting on Jen but seeing as how it's Tuesday I tallied it up and it looks like it's me at 8 narrowly edging out Surf with Emperor and Shmi close behind. Good week all and I'll work on getting the next one up shortly!

… ah well … never go against monks or religion in general ….
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 6:42:27 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

… ah well … never go against monks or religion in general ….

Hahaha wise words
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 10:46:41 AM

Sorry for not voting. Got caught up in buying a house and just forgot to vote. Might not be able to participate in next week's, but congrats gg without looking too hard you would have been in the top 3 for sure if I did vote