RegisterDonateLogin

Your father wanted you to have Bloo Milk when you were old enough.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 16 Spoiler Thread Options
droidadmiral
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 11:34:38 AM
Groups: Member

one thing though. I wish Jaina would have be designed without greater mobile... new republic misses a big opportunity to design with the luke in mind. She could have been a little better stand alone piece and designed with the luke in mind to benefit what was a great piece that seems to fizzle due to true lack of pieces to go with him.

Small gripe, as I like her effectiveness.
DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 11:47:22 AM

shmi15 wrote:
Determine legal targets before making the first attack roll. Huge or smaller characters hit by this attack are pushed back 2 squares from this character. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.].

Does the bolded phrase prevent a "lawnmower effect", to where you can only BC people you end your movement to?
Yes, it targets. No "lawnmower effect."

shmi15 wrote:
DroidAdmiral does bring up a good point about Strafe tho... I would assume this does work with strafe, and I think you can give Leia/Luke Pilot someway correct? I know you can give most Luke's Pilot, just curious.
I don't think there is a way to give Luke and Leia on Speeder Pilot. Biggs thing says, "name contains Luke Skywalker." Luke n' Leia's name does not contain Skywalker.

shmi15 wrote:
Were any playtests ran with the 29 point piece who makes all charactes count as rebel? to see what kind of Fringe Pilots benefit from all this?

Very very curious to see what playtests were ran, and what they were played against.

Jason and Lillian and Gandalf did most of the Raddus squadbuilding/ playtesting.
I don't think the guy who makes fringe rebels was playtested but I'm sure he was considered.

vs. Rebel grenade swarm -- won
vs Mando three kings -- won
vs Sith Plaguies -- lost
vs Vader/ Emperor -- lost
vs Vong Warriors -- won
vs Talon Fringe -- won

28 General Lando Calrissian
27 Han Solo, Smuggler
27 Lobot
24 Bria Tharen
21 Jon "Dutch" Vander
18 Klatooinian Captain
22 Crimson Fury Pilot x2
11 Admiral Raddus
9 General Dodonna
9 R2-D2 with Extended Sensor
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(199pts. 12 activations)
Han can run 16 and attack every adjacent activated enemy at +18 for 70. Bria Tharen maxes out at +17 for 50 on a battering charge, and Lando at +17 for 60. The Crimson Furies can charge at +17 for 50. All are pretty good backup attackers as well, because obviously they won't be battering charging at the same time.

44 Luke Skywalker, Hero of Endor
27 Biggs Darklighter, Rebel Pilot
24 Bria Tharen
21 Jon "Dutch" Vander
18 Klatooinian Captain
12 See-Threepio (C-3PO)
22 Crimson Fury Pilot x2
11 Admiral Raddus
9 General Dodonna
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(200pts. 12 activations)
Luke maxes out at +18 for 50 with Twin for another 30 damage attack, and he can use Overwhelming Force. Biggs can get to +18 for 60.

38 Chewie
27 Luke Skywalker, Rebel Commando
24 Bria Tharen
21 Jon "Dutch" Vander
18 Klatooinian Captain
12 See-Threepio (C-3PO)
22 Crimson Fury Pilot x2
11 Admiral Raddus
9 General Dodonna
8 R2-D2
7 Leia Organa, Senator
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(200pts. 13 activations)
Chewie is at +18 for 60. This squad has Luke RC for extra reach.

48 Han Solo, Captain of the Millennium Falcon
38 Chewie
35 Hera Syndulla
21 Jon "Dutch" Vander
14 General Rieekan
12 See-Threepio (C-3PO)
11 Admiral Raddus
9 General Dodonna
(197pts. 9 activations)
This one is a bit of a gamble. You give Han Battering Charge at the end of the round, then if you win init (2/3 chance most of the time) Han is at +20 for 80. Chewie and Hera are also good, of course.

Chewie
Kyle RH
Jan
Luke Red 5
Dutch
Klat Capt
Threepio
Admiral Raddus
R2 Sensorscope
Green Pilot
Leia Senator
Uggie

38 Chewie
26 Captain Cassian Andor
24 K-2SO
22 Luke Skywalker, Red 5
21 Jon "Dutch" Vander
15 Keeper of the Whills
14 Princess Leia, Rebel Hero
12 See-Threepio (C-3PO)
11 Admiral Raddus
9 General Dodonna
8 R2-D2
(200pts. 11 activations)
DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 12:07:17 PM

adamb0nd wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
Also, I am not familiar with the Jaina Solo/Fel piece... But given she is a Fel, why does she not have any affinity, or anything with Roan Fel? I assume thats where her marriage came in or something?

Like I said, I don't know much about that story arc.

Not Roan Fel, but Jagged Fel from the Imperial faction. I don't remember if her and fel ever were officially married. Maybe that was eventually written. I *thought* it was only strongly implied because Star Wars Legecy had Emperor Roan Fel, a story that takes place 100 or so years after Return of the Jedi. It was implied that Roan Fel's family was force sensitive because of Jaina, and it explained why these force using Fels were in charge of the empire. I believe the stories with Jaina were left off with her and Jagged working together closely.

I also *think* there is a way to bring Jagged into the new republic faction. I cant remember if that's true or what piece does it. (edit: lol... that piece is Jagged fel. he has affinity).

Jaina and Jagged Fel were engaged in Fate of the Jedi: Omen and married in Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse
Luke promoted Jaina to Jedi Master in Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse

DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 12:08:06 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Can I say it warms a special place of my heart to see the legends characters come out alongside the new ones like Raddus. That will always be the Star Wars I grew up with and knew and while I find things to enjoy about the new movies/Rebels. The classic stories I'll always remember and it's awesome that SWM is probably one of the only if not the only place these characters will exist in gaming. Long live the old EU and thank you designers!
You're welcome. ThumbsUp
droidadmiral
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 12:26:24 PM

47 General Skywalker
42 Silri
29 Aayla Secura, Jedi Knight
22 Caleb
16 Qui-Gon Jinn, Force Spirit
11 Jedi Holocron
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
10 Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist x2
6 Mouse Droid x2

Silri assaulting with twin that cant be prevented for 120 with a 17 attack seems like a lot of fun.
shmi15
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 1:10:34 PM

DarkDracul wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
Determine legal targets before making the first attack roll. Huge or smaller characters hit by this attack are pushed back 2 squares from this character. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.].

Does the bolded phrase prevent a "lawnmower effect", to where you can only BC people you end your movement to?
Yes, it targets. No "lawnmower effect."

shmi15 wrote:
DroidAdmiral does bring up a good point about Strafe tho... I would assume this does work with strafe, and I think you can give Leia/Luke Pilot someway correct? I know you can give most Luke's Pilot, just curious.
I don't think there is a way to give Luke and Leia on Speeder Pilot. Biggs thing says, "name contains Luke Skywalker." Luke n' Leia's name does not contain Skywalker.

shmi15 wrote:
Were any playtests ran with the 29 point piece who makes all charactes count as rebel? to see what kind of Fringe Pilots benefit from all this?

Very very curious to see what playtests were ran, and what they were played against.

Jason and Lillian and Gandalf did most of the Raddus squadbuilding/ playtesting.
I don't think the guy who makes fringe rebels was playtested but I'm sure he was considered.

vs. Rebel grenade swarm -- won
vs Mando three kings -- won
vs Sith Plaguies -- lost
vs Vader/ Emperor -- lost
vs Vong Warriors -- won
vs Talon Fringe -- won

28 General Lando Calrissian
27 Han Solo, Smuggler
27 Lobot
24 Bria Tharen
21 Jon "Dutch" Vander
18 Klatooinian Captain
22 Crimson Fury Pilot x2
11 Admiral Raddus
9 General Dodonna
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(199pts. 12 activations)
Han can run 16 and attack every adjacent activated enemy at +18 for 70. Bria Tharen maxes out at +17 for 50 on a battering charge, and Lando at +17 for 60. The Crimson Furies can charge at +17 for 50. All are pretty good backup attackers as well, because obviously they won't be battering charging at the same time.

44 Luke Skywalker, Hero of Endor
27 Biggs Darklighter, Rebel Pilot
24 Bria Tharen
21 Jon "Dutch" Vander
18 Klatooinian Captain
12 See-Threepio (C-3PO)
22 Crimson Fury Pilot x2
11 Admiral Raddus
9 General Dodonna
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(200pts. 12 activations)
Luke maxes out at +18 for 50 with Twin for another 30 damage attack, and he can use Overwhelming Force. Biggs can get to +18 for 60.

38 Chewie
27 Luke Skywalker, Rebel Commando
24 Bria Tharen
21 Jon "Dutch" Vander
18 Klatooinian Captain
12 See-Threepio (C-3PO)
22 Crimson Fury Pilot x2
11 Admiral Raddus
9 General Dodonna
8 R2-D2
7 Leia Organa, Senator
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(200pts. 13 activations)
Chewie is at +18 for 60. This squad has Luke RC for extra reach.

48 Han Solo, Captain of the Millennium Falcon
38 Chewie
35 Hera Syndulla
21 Jon "Dutch" Vander
14 General Rieekan
12 See-Threepio (C-3PO)
11 Admiral Raddus
9 General Dodonna
(197pts. 9 activations)
This one is a bit of a gamble. You give Han Battering Charge at the end of the round, then if you win init (2/3 chance most of the time) Han is at +20 for 80. Chewie and Hera are also good, of course.

Chewie
Kyle RH
Jan
Luke Red 5
Dutch
Klat Capt
Threepio
Admiral Raddus
R2 Sensorscope
Green Pilot
Leia Senator
Uggie

38 Chewie
26 Captain Cassian Andor
24 K-2SO
22 Luke Skywalker, Red 5
21 Jon "Dutch" Vander
15 Keeper of the Whills
14 Princess Leia, Rebel Hero
12 See-Threepio (C-3PO)
11 Admiral Raddus
9 General Dodonna
8 R2-D2
(200pts. 11 activations)

I don't see any swarm squads on here? Were any ran? And I assume they were being ran on maps with a lot of pits to push people into correct?
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 1:39:52 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Yay. I'll just come back later.
Caedus
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 3:03:13 PM

swinefeld wrote:
Yay. I'll just come back later.

HAHAHAHAHAHALOL BlooMilk
droidadmiral
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 3:41:25 PM

Looks like everyone moved on lol... so silri with assault is awesome
shmi15
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 4:03:56 PM

I wonder how many other characters are gonna be good with assault in Fringe.... And does anyone know if any swarms were ran on pit heavy maps?
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 4:39:39 PM

What good would a swarm do with raddus? I guess I am not really seeing the issue.
Kenobiwalker getting assault could be something. Can do 100 instead of 80.
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 5:18:06 PM

shmi15 wrote:
And does anyone know if any swarms were ran on pit heavy maps?

We looked at swarms. Swarms of guys are better with Han in Stormie Armor. You get to use better guys, and all of your guys get it the whole time. Being able to give battering to only 1 guy per round, it is just too slow to run with a swarm of guys.

As far as pits, there aren't many pits on most of the current restricted list, and given that it is only 1 guy per round (sometimes 2), the guy has to actually hit, and the fact that it is pretty easy to avoid getting pushed into a pit, I personally don't think that pits with battering are an issue. We did look at sim deck and it is pretty easy to avoid, and that has the most pits of any of the current maps.
adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 5:58:18 PM

Wouldn't raddus be an anti swarm piece? Seems swarms would give battering more opportunity
shmi15
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 8:59:46 PM

So is the answer no? No swarm squads were ran? Just looked at and discussed?

After round 1 you can get 2 guys going at a time,I haven't had time to look at the best options, but with Dutch in there, the Crimson Furry Pilots for 11 get +8/+30 with Raddus/Dutch/Bravado. You can easy get 2 of them to go at a time, because after round 1, you can time Raddus easilly enough with Dodonna to get 2 BC's a round. And any map should be easy to move your opponent around if you BC them enough to keep moving them. The Chadra Pilots in Fringe are 11, and can activate with Sting beam, and also cancel an attack against them, making them very very pesky. I see a few characters who have Avoid defeat that could be interesting to toss in and see how long they could survive. Dengar on Swoop Bike looks interesting, running 24, BCing someone, then jumping off and Final shotoing them the next round.

I just wonder what the most activations would look like with something like this. Because you can move them without doing damage if I read it right.

The community normally sees swarm squads. And I'm just wondering why, when something like Daala was made with a movement breaking attack, that swarms were not the first thing tested with this character?

Again, First glance doesn't seem terrible. Which is what I assume you guys did also. But if no play tests were made I would be very weary about this...

So the Prophet has spoken
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 4:27:56 AM

Jaina is a work of art. Should be power 8 and up. Pilot gives her evade and speed 8 easily and let's her for into lots of different squads. is it worth it to bring in jagged to give her twin? I don't know, but I think people might try it.
Lightsaber deflect is my favorite thing on her since it makes up for weaknesses of evade/disruptive.

I am also wondering if there is a good jacen build that brings in vergere and gives her vca 6. Parry, access to evade, mof 2, and vca6 is pretty tanky.
Caedus
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 7:27:03 AM

shmi15 wrote:
So is the answer no? No swarm squads were ran? Just looked at and discussed?

After round 1 you can get 2 guys going at a time,I haven't had time to look at the best options, but with Dutch in there, the Crimson Furry Pilots for 11 get +8/+30 with Raddus/Dutch/Bravado. You can easy get 2 of them to go at a time, because after round 1, you can time Raddus easilly enough with Dodonna to get 2 BC's a round. And any map should be easy to move your opponent around if you BC them enough to keep moving them. The Chadra Pilots in Fringe are 11, and can activate with Sting beam, and also cancel an attack against them, making them very very pesky. I see a few characters who have Avoid defeat that could be interesting to toss in and see how long they could survive. Dengar on Swoop Bike looks interesting, running 24, BCing someone, then jumping off and Final shotoing them the next round.

I just wonder what the most activations would look like with something like this. Because you can move them without doing damage if I read it right.

The community normally sees swarm squads. And I'm just wondering why, when something like Daala was made with a movement breaking attack, that swarms were not the first thing tested with this character?

Again, First glance doesn't seem terrible. Which is what I assume you guys did also. But if no play tests were made I would be very weary about this...

So the Prophet has spoken

How can you get 2 Battering Assaults per round? Or with 2 different characters? Raddus' CE only lets you choose 1 Rebel Pilot follower per turn.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 7:39:53 AM

He gave it to someone the round before, they use it, he activates and gives it to someone else, they use it
Caedus
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 7:55:09 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
He gave it to someone the round before, they use it, he activates and gives it to someone else, they use it

gotcha
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 8:02:23 AM

You can do it, but things have to line up pretty nicely for you in order to do it every round.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 9:03:47 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
You can do it, but things have to line up pretty nicely for you in order to do it every round.

You mean like simply outactivating?