RegisterDonateLogin

One milk, two milk, red milk, Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 16 Spoiler Thread Options
gholli69
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 10:54:58 AM
Groups: Member

Yeah probably will happen more times than not if you bring dodonna. Looks like a fun new piece for the Rebels, they get all the cool toys.
jak
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 12:32:29 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
You can do it, but things have to line up pretty nicely for you in order to do it every round.

You mean like simply outactivating?

Bring on the mouse dump!Flapper

ps- Ren and Rey together are like 2 guys humping on a park bench( really gay!)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 12:44:04 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

TimmerB123 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
You can do it, but things have to line up pretty nicely for you in order to do it every round.

No, that's not enough.

You give it to one guy in round 1 and he uses it. Getting the first use isn't hard. But then he's in the fray and vulnerable. You may have to win init for him to use it again - otherwise he may die. Even if you win init, he has to be the guy you want to use first - otherwise he may die. There may be a more important move to make after winning init instead. If the pilot charged into Disruptive, the Battering Charge gets to be completed (already replaced turn), but the pilot can't Charge the next round since it's disrupted. If anyone based the original charging pilot (including if he missed an attack and didn't push everyone away), he'll take an AoO to do another Battering Charge, and that may kill him.

That said, Raddus is a powerful piece.
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 3:15:01 PM

jak wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Bring on the mouse dump!Flapper

ps- Ren and Rey together are like 2 guys humping on a park bench( really gay!)

Have we had a positive reaction this Reylo piece yet? Can we go ahead and just ban them from play, and just make it a scenario scene?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 3:59:30 PM

I think it's a great scene and deserves to be represented in minis. Using Affinity to get them into NR and Imperial sounds bad but better than the alternatives. One faction or the other makes less sense, since it would imply that one of them switched sides. Fringe would let them into every faction, which is worse. Using Rival to make it thematic would require "Rival: everything" since they were on their own while fighting. But a one-character squad isn't a viable design. Anarchist means they aren't subject to CEs and also negate CEs for nearby allies, so whatever squads these guys end up in will probably not be typical Imperial or NR squads, and thematically it shows that they are independent of an organization. If you want to tie it into a theme, think of it as a hypothetical ending to Last Jedi, where either Rey joins the First Order or Kylo Ren joins the Resistance.

The real argument seems to be whether it's worth making the piece at all. Because if it is made, the route the designers took seems like the best route to me.

I didn't comment before now because it's not worth the arguments.
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 7:03:33 PM

Here is an idea on how to make it work.
Make up any names you want for the special ability. Two separate pieces showcasing their own abilities (whatever abilities fit).

Kylo, ..... Cost 40?
Imperial, first order

Force bonded ally: if this is the only imperial character in your squad a character whose name is "new Rey" may be in a squad with this character.

Rey, the Last Jedi. Cost 40?
New republic, resistance

Force bonded ally: if this the only new republic character in your squad a character whose name is "new kylo" may be in a squad with this character.

This way they can be in the same squad but cannot benefit from any opposing faction and sub faction special abilities (lor San tekka helping kylo, etc. Etc). It also gets rid of all fringe benefits as well so no talon.

General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 7:47:27 PM

jen'ari wrote:
Make up any names you want for the special ability. Two separate pieces showcasing their own abilities (whatever abilities fit).

Kylo, ..... Cost 40?
Imperial, first order

Force bonded ally: if this is the only imperial character in your squad a character whose name is "new Rey" may be in a squad with this character.

New republic, resistance

Force bonded ally: if this the only new republic character in your squad a character whose name is "new kylo" may be in a squad with this character.

This way they can be in the same squad but cannot benefit from any opposing faction and sub faction special abilities (lor San tekka helping kylo, etc. Etc). It also gets rid of all fringe benefits as well so no talon.

That's what my wife and I came up with as well, but making them each 50 so you could at least get a 100 point squad out there for those rare 100 point games.
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 8:09:18 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

Kylo, ..... Cost 40?
Imperial, first order

New republic, resistance

That's what my wife and I came up with as well, but making them each 50 so you could at least get a 100 point squad out there for those rare 100 point games.

This is also a fantastic idea.

Just because a scene is epic.. Doesn't mean we need a piece from it. I don't see an Obi/Anakin Mustafar piece anywhere? Where Vader has Avoid Defeat because he crawled out of the lava.. And that scene was 100 times better than this scene..

So far... Again, no good reviews, on a piece that was voted on by designers in the first place. So it looks like only the designers who voted yes are the people who wanted/like this piece... I wonder which designers did it?
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2018 5:21:51 AM

Could a 2 piece, 200 point squad be feasible? My idea was two 50 point pieces that work great in their own faction, but can also be in the same squad together. When together, it locks out all other characters from your squad, but unlocks exclusive abilities that allow for multiple activations and powerful avoid defeat like mechanics. But I realized once balanced, it would not be balanced outside of 200pt.
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2018 5:49:29 AM

Grievous I bet I read your post but it didn't stick with me and subconsciously pulled it out when thinking about how to do it. Haha it would be something I liked to see.

I enjoy dual pieces. They are tricky, but they should be good friends and work together all the time Imo.
I would enjoy a qui-gon and Obi-wan from phantom menace (if there wasnt already an obi-wan.)
What about a Darth maul and Savage?
There are others I would like to see eventually.
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2018 6:43:34 AM

Raddus, biggs and Luke of endor is gonna be sick. Can luke get moft2?
droidadmiral
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2018 9:31:34 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
Raddus, biggs and Luke of endor is gonna be sick. Can luke get moft2?

Yes
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2018 4:45:59 PM

droidadmiral wrote:

Yes

You quoted that wrong.
droidadmiral
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2018 5:11:57 PM

ehh...apparently I suck at life...oh well.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2018 8:17:11 PM

I'm a little disappointed that Battering Assault +10 lost the potential to be used with the lawnmower effect during design. I think that considering the wording on abilities already in the game, it would have fit better without the "determine legal targets" clause, so it would have been to Battering Charge +10 what Lightsaber Sweep is to Blaster Barrage (the two pairs of abilities have the same basic idea). Also I just wanted to play a build using it (possibly a competitive one) as I'm a fan of any and all lawnmower effects. I can definitely see why the extra line was added and the interaction was not part of designer intent and may have been more powerful than the intention, but I still wanted it to stay. (I didn't say anything before because I wasn't a designer and I was the one who brought up the potentially dangerous interaction in the first place.)
SithBot
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 9:07:54 AM

Kao Cen is unique for OR. No melee defense and Djem So as a deterrent. Flurry is very KOTOR

I made the following

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/190616/fury-of-the-flurry

which looks fun. probably not 100% optimized and is maybe too offensive minded. I hear most people play with a Defender or some "area affect" and then more tech..

Seems like Kao and Satele will find a home in some way. Satele with cunning and Bastila gets those bonuses and the -10 for Flurry does not seem so bad. 4 attacks is a big deal against pieces with no defense or limited use defense (using a force power)
SithBot
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 9:21:43 AM

Canderous is awesome

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/190617/vindicateds-master-shot

that is my squad with that.
Bodyguards keep him alive as he stays in relative open spots. he can slingshot Canderous back into "hiding" or a Bodyguard adjacent to him. Looks fun. two triple attacking Master Shooters
DarkDracul
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2018 6:00:17 PM

Doing 4 more spoilers (first thing) tonight on SHNN podcast @10pmEST.
(724) 444-7444 Call ID: 63807
http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=63807&cmd=tc
shmi15
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2018 4:27:35 PM

what were the spoilers?
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2018 9:03:38 AM

Keshiri Temple Guard

Cost 8

HP: 20, Def: 13, Att: 1, Dam: 10

Lost Tribe
Melee Attack
Bodyguard
Death-Dealer (Once per turn, each enemy taking damage from this character's printed abilities also take an additional unpreventable 10 damage)
Defensive Reflex (An adjacent enemy that damages this character takes 10 damage. That enemy cannot attack for the rest of that turn; save 16)

Darth Vectivus

Cost 29

HP: 90, Def: 19, Att: 12, Dam: 20

Unique
Melee
Double
Invisibility (cannot be targeted by nonadjacent enemies)

FORCE 4
Force Phantom (Force 1; usable once per skirmish: Replaces turn, 20 damage or to 1 adjacent ally, then with a save of 6 this character deals 20 unpreventable damage to any enemy follower with a Force rating)
Force Void (If this character is defeated, each enemy character with a Force rating loses 2 Force points)
Illusion

SET HARTH, Dark Jedi

Cost 36

HP: 70, Def: 19, Att: 9, Dam: 20

Unique
Twin
Impulsive Force Renewal
Loner
Stealth

FORCE 1
Blaster Barrage
Transfer Essence
Lightsaber Throw 2

Sheev Palpatine, Sith Apprentice

Cost 29

HP: 100, Def: 19, Att: 10, Dam: 20

Unique
Melee
Double
Dun Moch Style (adjacent -2 to saves, adjacent enemies cannot use force powers to attack him)
Force Attuned (Force Power that replaces attacks at end of turn)
Parry

FORCE 2, Renewal 1, MoF2
Force Dash (Force 2 replaces attacks, move character to speed. after moving make 2 attacks)
Force Leap
Force Lightning 1 (Force 1, replaces attacks, range 6, 20 damage)
Lightning Assault (Force 1: Until the end of the turn each character he moves adjacent to takes 10 damage once)
_____________________________________________________________________________________

I paraphrased a few of them because it is hard to write it all down. someone can clean up the words later.